Home

Any whitetail nuts here?

Posted By: rvsask

Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 03:05 PM

Besides myself I mean. My wife tries stay out of the basement. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 03:08 PM

You have done well for yourself! Are the boys getting big enough to hunt deer with you?

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 03:16 PM

My oldest has been killing deer for four years now, my youngest 3. The oldest has killed bigger deer but the youngest has a pretty good pronghorn under his belt so he’s winning there.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 03:20 PM

Very nice

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by rvsask
My oldest has been killing deer for four years now, my youngest 3. The oldest has killed bigger deer but the youngest has a pretty good pronghorn under his belt so he’s winning there.

Well so long as you are dazzling us with pictures... grin
Posted By: Bigbuck

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 03:21 PM

Thats some super fine wall art you've acquired there congratulations. I only wish we had deer like that in MO. What's your biggest deer score?

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 03:23 PM

Bigbuck,
Gross 235
Net 222
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 03:27 PM

That is a lot of bone! Looks great too.

Chris
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 04:21 PM

Really nice bucks rvsask!! I can only hope for one like that!
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 04:32 PM

I really like the one with the lip curl, takes a good taxidermist to pull that off !

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 05:23 PM

Yeah that one is cool no doubt.

Kory, are you going to post pictures of the boys bigguns or not for pete's sake?
Posted By: Anglinscreek

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 05:29 PM

Whoa. Congrats. What state/states?

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 06:03 PM

Anglinscreek, Saskatchewan, Canada

Leftlane, here’s a good one that my oldest killed. If the right matched the left he’d have been a net booner or real close, but he had a busted up skull plate and was messed up on that side for years before he killed him.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 06:15 PM

[Linked Image]
This one was his first buck, the yr previous.
Posted By: Choo

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 06:36 PM

I would put myself in that category, love chasing them. My deer don't get anywhere near that big down here. I've killed some decent ones all over the state, 5 in the 100-120 inch range which for some states ain't saying much but for the counties and properties I have to hunt I think it's pretty good. We do have some bow hunting only counties where they get a little bigger but I've never hunted those counties. You have a room full of what most people would consider once in a lifetime deer there. Very nice, congrats.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 07:54 PM

I enjoy it as well. We don’t have many if any like that running around though, lol. A 140-160” is a dang good deer to be proud of down here. I end up taking more pics and videos than I do taking shots. Just love watching the sunrise and use deer as an excuse. I’ve already got cameras running and getting everyone’s stands ready to go. The manager does t care too much about deer, but his wife and boy does so I get them in a good area and a preview of what needs shot and preferably what needs left alone.
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/17/20 08:02 PM

I'd be a hunting fool if I had them 180 inch white tails around here
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/18/20 03:33 AM

Dang It Man!
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/18/20 04:00 AM

Nice deer! Good eating.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/18/20 04:22 AM

Wow!

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/18/20 12:47 PM

Nothing wrong with a little character I say- thank you for posting!
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/18/20 01:30 PM

Nice looking room, would be great to be in a area with such good potential
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/18/20 03:12 PM

rvsack,
I could stand in your basement and study for a few hours...
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/18/20 03:39 PM

Them are some supper nice deer. I dont have any thing close to that. If I ever break the 160 mark I will be happy. I have got to 155, but thats as close as I have came.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/18/20 03:42 PM

Nice bucks !
Posted By: proratman

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/18/20 04:58 PM

Excuse me? What did you say your address was? Text it to me, I am on the way!
Posted By: Artrapper16

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/18/20 07:00 PM

That entire basement is just spectacular I don't have anything like that at all but I do enjoy hunting whitetails [Linked Image]

Re: Any whitetail nuts here? - 07/18/20 07:56 PM

Artrapper, thanks for sharing the photo, very nice. To anyone else who chimed in with something to share, thanks you. I wish you all the best of luck in your pursuits this fall.
I figured there had to be others out there like me, I know deer hunting is a big deal in the USA and just hoped to create a thread that differed from the various topics dominating the board lately. Too often we focus on difference in each other as opposed to similarities and at times that leads to negativity, even personal attacks.
I’ve been very fortunate in life to live where handshake permission is easy and hunting pressure is relatively low. It’s resulted in a lot of great memories in the whitetail woods. I had more time to invest when younger and have not killed a great buck since 2015, the year before my oldest began, since then I play guide and mentor more. I was lucky enough to kill that. One on my own property, I’ve only killed two there, the second being an ancient buck with bad antlers last fall that neither of my kid wanted to kill.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums