Home

Fur question

Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Fur question - 07/18/20 04:46 AM

Let me say I don’t have the patience to tan fur. But is there another way to I guess preserve your fur with out tanning it while making more money than selling it green?
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Fur question - 07/18/20 04:58 AM

Offer it to those that are interested in a garment or hat,ect...sell your price and explain options available to them.
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: Fur question - 07/18/20 05:06 AM

Mnsota that wasn’t the question read it again and if you have an answer great!
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Fur question - 07/18/20 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by KYtrapper2005
Let me say I don’t have the patience to tan fur. But is there another way to I guess preserve your fur with out tanning it while making more money than selling it green?

Yes. You can flesh it. That will preserve it long enough to get it to a buyer and you’ll make more than selling it green.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Fur question - 07/18/20 05:17 AM

My apologies!,...maybe a freezer?..or take JP's advice,..but I thought that was obvious...sorry
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Fur question - 07/18/20 05:20 AM

You can flesh, stretch, dry the pelts. That will bring you a bit more money than selling green, in many cases.

With prices as they are (low), it won’t add that much money to your fur check, so you should consider the cost involved in setting up a fur processing system - equipment, time, etc.
Posted By: Loup loup

Re: Fur question - 07/18/20 05:45 AM

KYtrapper: Ive got a couple ideas, but dont know if they meet your criteria. I don't have the patience, to read your post again. So figure it out yourself.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Fur question - 07/18/20 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Loup loup

KYtrapper: Ive got a couple ideas, but dont know if they meet your criteria. I don't have the patience, to read your post again. So figure it out yourself.

LOL (kid wasn't brought up quite rite!)
Posted By: dunit

Re: Fur question - 07/18/20 11:18 AM

where in ky are you ? if you can come to me ill show you how.
Posted By: AnthonyT

Re: Fur question - 07/18/20 12:20 PM

Only true way to preserve fur long term is to tan it somehow. Selling tanned fur can be just as tough if not tougher than selling raw pelts, especially when everyone is tanning their catch. Learning to flesh and properly dry fur is your best bet. Also, there are no fur buyers in the area you live - you will have to find a buyer that runs routes (Like GFW) or ship to a buyer or international auction. I shipped all of my fur this year - all to individual fur buyers or larger fur companies and did way better than I had at auction in the past. A little more work but for me it was worth it to do it that way.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Fur question - 07/18/20 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by dunit
where in ky are you ? if you can come to me ill show you how.

There you go, what a deal!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums