[Linked Image]

Alfalfa is being cut..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Re: Crops are advancing.... - 07/23/20 06:41 PM

And fish are biting. (no pictures).
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Crops are advancing.... - 07/23/20 07:37 PM

I missed the r in the title. I had something completely different in mind when I was opening this thread.
Posted By: run

Re: Crops are advancing.... - 07/23/20 07:54 PM

Thanks for sharing. Bushmaster.
Posted By: Bushmaster

Re: Crops are advancing.... - 07/23/20 08:41 PM

Went up to northern Sask. last weekend. Here's a 14 lb. pike I caught! That's my boat boy holding it....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: cotton

Re: Crops are advancing.... - 07/23/20 10:33 PM

does the canola make much honey????
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Crops are advancing.... - 07/23/20 10:35 PM

With the heat and moisture things are moving rapidly. The corn is silking. Corn on lighter ground away from the lake is outstanding. Corn in the clay near the lake is more uneven and more drowned out spots but will be good by fall. The first winter wheat is being combined this week. Wheat that was kept looks very good and longer straw which is a big value for wheat growers. Soybeans have grown well and are flowering. We will need the rains in August to make that crop. The 3rd cutting of alfalfa is growing and most will be cut in the next week to 10 days. My garden(s) are hit or miss.
Fishing has slowed for me. I was having more trouble finding them when we got hot the last 3-4 weeks.

Bryce
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Crops are advancing.... - 07/23/20 11:50 PM

Bushmaster.......do you have to windrow your wheat and pick it up after it dries or will it ripen standing up?
Posted By: Bushmaster

Re: Crops are advancing.... - 07/24/20 05:57 PM

Swathing wheat depends on its maturity, obviously. New varieties, etc. have led to most wheat straight cut. A small percentage is swathed.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums