Home

MLB, or BLM?

Posted By: DWC

MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 04:09 AM

Today was opening day. Everyone knelt during the anthem and held a big black ribbon or something. Then the bases had BLM printed on them. Promoting a violent terrorist group. Well that was a short season for this guy.
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 04:12 AM

MLB = MAY LOSE BILLIONS!!!
Posted By: mnsota

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 04:24 AM

Short season and as it should be,..no reason why I should acknowledge that display,..at least in my interpretation ,..let them decide their future,...I'm sure,..at some point

they or their willingness will decide their future.

I could care less
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by DWC
Today was opening day. Everyone knelt during the anthem and held a big black ribbon or something. Then the bases had BLM printed on them. Promoting a violent terrorist group. Well that was a short season for this guy.

I believe they said they all knelt prior to the anthem to show solidarity and then they all stood during the anthem. Not that its something I want to see, but just to set the record straight.

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 04:41 AM

Solidarity to what?,.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 04:43 AM

Maggots
Posted By: yukon254

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 05:01 AM

Never watched baseball or football anyway. Its time to start contacting the companies that sponsor these clowns and let them know there are a lot of people who wont be buying their products either..
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by MINK I LOVE
MLB = MAY LOSE BILLIONS!!!

They'll be fine, I'm sure.

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by mnsota
Solidarity to what?,.

You got me. That's their word not mine.

I'd guess using context clues that they mean they are recognizing the perceived struggles blacks have in the U.S.

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 05:38 AM

Struggles?,..is there some law or regulation that limits their ability to excel in today's dynamics?

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 07:24 AM

You don't know what perceived means?
Posted By: J Staton

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by mnsota
Solidarity to what?,.

China?
Posted By: corky

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by DWC

I believe they said they all knelt prior to the anthem to show solidarity and then they all stood during the anthem. Not that its something I want to see, but just to set the record straight.

That is correct. They stood for the anthem after capitulating to the BLM terrorists.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 12:30 PM

i belong to the KMA.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by DWC

Burning
Looting
Mayhem
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 12:36 PM

Govner shut Elno's golf course down?
Posted By: walleye101

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 12:36 PM

Well the MLB demonstration of support that Black Lives Matter did not turn into a riot with burning buildings, looting and calling for defunding police. This was an example of true peaceful demonstration. You don't have to agree with everything BLM stands for but should be able to tolerate freedom of speach by peacefull demonstration, and respect for the flag by standing for the anthem.
Play ball!
Posted By: Jags

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
i belong to the KMA.

I want in. Sounds like a good organization.

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 01:36 PM

Nothing peaceful about supporting a hate group that burns and kills. How many of the overpaid ballplayers probably have contributed money thats paid to send pro rioters to different cities? Americas pasttime is now a disgrace.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 01:38 PM

IF I know how to contact the different Co. that support the NFL, NASCAR, F-1 racing I would let the know I I feel and not buy as many product as I could.

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by DWC
Nothing peaceful about supporting a hate group that burns and kills. How many of the overpaid ballplayers probably have contributed money thats paid to send pro rioters to different cities? Americas pasttime is now a disgrace.

A rational person can seperate support for a concept that Black lives do matter, from a hate group that is capitolizing on that concept.

For example I believe animals should be treated humanely (including hunting, trapping and responsible pet ownership) but that does not mean I support the Humane Society.

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 02:00 PM

Thats like wearing a PETA shirt and saying you dont support the crazy extreme group, just support ethical treatment of critters.
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 02:12 PM

GO! CUBS! GO!
Posted By: Matt28

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
Well the MLB demonstration of support that Black Lives Matter did not turn into a riot with burning buildings, looting and calling for defunding police. This was an example of true peaceful demonstration. You don't have to agree with everything BLM stands for but should be able to tolerate freedom of speach by peacefull demonstration, and respect for the flag by standing for the anthem.
Play ball!

Blm means the same to the white man as the kkk means to the black man.

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 02:47 PM

I'm confused.
Everyone is upset, and rightfully so, that the media is calling the rioting, looting, tearing down monuments and assults on police officers "peaceful protesting".
I think most of us support the first ammendment right to free speech which includes peaceful protesting, up to the point when things turn violent.
But now when we have an actual peaceful protest are we all supposed to be upset about that to?
Posted By: k snow

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
I'm confused.
Everyone is upset, and rightfully so, that the media is calling the rioting, looting, tearing down monuments and assults on police officers "peaceful protesting".
I think most of us support the first ammendment right to free speech which includes peaceful protesting, up to the point when things turn violent.
But now when we have an actual peaceful protest are we all supposed to be upset about that to?

I think most people who are upset are mad at the MLB organization for providing a platform for the protest.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 03:20 PM

If they were protesting a law that was restricting them while providing others an advantage, Id be right their with them however, they protest because their poor decisions have placed them in a box that requires hard work and commitment to get out of. They want a do over without consequences and they want someone else to pick up the tab.
Posted By: Farmdog

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 03:29 PM

That is exactly how I feel K Snow. They don't make much bigger baseball fans than me, but I turned the TV off after the first 5 minutes and refused to watch. I turned it on to watch ball and listen to player stats and stories, not that horsecrap. Same goes for the covid stuff. If I wanted to see that garbage, I'd just watch the news. Oh well, I stopped watching football after the kneeling during the anthem and all the hoopla during the games, and it looks like baseball is next. I'm hoping they get back to baseball after these first few days cuz last night was strike one for me.

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Farmdog
That is exactly how I feel K Snow. They don't make much bigger baseball fans than me, but I turned the TV off after the first 5 minutes and refused to watch. I turned it on to watch ball and listen to player stats and stories, not that horsecrap. Same goes for the covid stuff. If I wanted to see that garbage, I'd just watch the news. Oh well, I stopped watching football after the kneeling during the anthem and all the hoopla during the games, and it looks like baseball is next. I'm hoping they get back to baseball after these first few days cuz last night was strike one for me.

Took the words right out of my keyboard. I don't like the Dodgers but I was going to watch last night just because I like watching baseball but I too changed the channel after just a minute of that.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 04:36 PM

They have a right to a peaceful protest, but they are promoting a terrorist organization in the process. Viewers have the right to turn them off too.

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 04:48 PM

Don't get me wrong, I don't like that major league baseball is providing the platform for the protest, any more than I liked their gay rights night at the ball park last year. My point is that folks do have a right to PEACEFULLY protest or promote things that I don't particularly like. Baseball apparently thought it a good business decision to go along with the peaceful part of this. That should not be interpreted as supporting or condoning the violent part as many mayors, governors and the media have done when describing violent rioting as peaceful protest. Freedom of speech is also your right to protest by boycotting baseball for the rest of your life if you choose.

One thing that is troubling about this kind of on field demonstration, is that participation by players is most likely not voluntary. The decision to demonstrate for or against anything should be made individually, not an order from your boss or external pressure.
Posted By: Farmdog

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 05:06 PM

I agree with your spin on the players 101. It looked like some of them weren't thrilled about the production but I would have probably followed suit if I knew a 5-15 million or double that season was riding on my decision. I'd like to think I'd only ever do it once then take the money and run the next time I was forced to participate, but that much money can be quite influential.

I pay very little attention to pop-media, just don't care for it, but I dont mind listening to or watching some sports. Just a bummer they have to be getting mixed together more and more.
Posted By: concrete man

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 05:07 PM

I really liked baseball wacthed the games and went to games it's over I hope they see how much there going to lose financial.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 06:19 PM

They made it easy for me to spend my spare time doing something useful and productive rather than glued to the tv.
Posted By: k snow

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 06:20 PM

If I feel the need to watch baseball, I'll find a little league game to watch around here.

Re: MLB, or BLM? - 07/24/20 07:07 PM

I dont have espn, and as political as they were getting i dont miss it. it was Lebron this Lebron that every other day. Have mlb network now and i will say i havent been without baseball the past few months. Theyve had all kinds of games from the last 40 years. Watched Nolan Ryan kick the crap out of Robin Ventura. That never gets old!
© 2020 Trapperman Forums