Home

You're on your own.

Posted By: warrior

You're on your own. - 07/27/20 12:33 AM

https://newspunch.com/seattle-polic...not-enforce-the-law-you-are-on-your-own/

Ought to be a few new 2A supporters if they survive.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 12:39 AM

Lock and Load !
Posted By: Marty

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 12:46 AM

Spreading across the nation. The china consulate they shut down was facilitating these insurrections, a few days after they closed that consulate the insurrections spread to many more cities....
Posted By: grumley701

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
Spreading across the nation. The china consulate they shut down was facilitating these insurrections, a few days after they closed that consulate the insurrections spread to many more cities....

the enemy uses our freedoms against us....
Posted By: Duckie1

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 01:31 AM

Many of the cities having problems have Chinese consulates.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 02:05 AM

So can the people defend themselves without getting arrested? Seems it's now a lawless city.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 02:09 AM

"Yer 'bout to fand out..." (guy in Dodge hemi ad on TV a few years ago)

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 02:10 AM

States/cities legalizing burning down federal buildings, what is that called?

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 02:16 AM

Americans have become so complacent in the past 35 yrs they don't even realize what's happening right now.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Americans have become so complacent in the past 35 yrs they don't even realize what's happening right now.

Very true, close to open insurrection going on some places.....could turn the corner any day now. I would imagine the feds are trying to shut down the $ flow which is supporting this.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
So can the people defend themselves without getting arrested? Seems it's now a lawless city.

that is my question ?

I guess they will send out a detective in the morning to take down the story. so you better have your ducks in a row , he was inside you were backed into a corner and had no options left.
Posted By: headache73

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 03:30 AM

Wow...... If the law abiding citizens continue to vote for liberal officials in these cities, they deserve what they get. I hate to say that, but...... It's hard not to. You get what you vote for
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

Very true^^^^
Posted By: James

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 04:14 AM

The letter says the police won't respond to property crimes. Life safety protection remains in effect, according to the letter.

Jim
Posted By: keystone

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by headache73
Wow...... If the law abiding citizens continue to vote for liberal officials in these cities, they deserve what they get. I hate to say that, but...... It's hard not to. You get what you vote for

BINGO!
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by James
The letter says the police won't respond to property crimes. Life safety protection remains in effect, according to the letter.

Jim

That's still unacceptable.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 12:10 PM

I have never depended on the police for the protection of myself or my family.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 12:31 PM

It's a wonder the average citizen or business owner hasn't defended property and killed more of these dirtbags up until now. Or it's entirely possible they have, but it's been kept quiet.

If the protesters got sprayed with bird shot everytime they burned a business or blocked a road, they'd go back to staying at home and being angry.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by wr otis
It's a wonder the average citizen or business owner hasn't defended property and killed more of these dirtbags up until now. Or it's entirely possible they have, but it's been kept quiet.

If the protesters got sprayed with bird shot everytime they burned a business or blocked a road, they'd go back to staying at home and being angry.

Its going to get to that.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 01:07 PM

This is what happens when a "progressive" Left based city council/Mayor run the police department. And Seattle isn't alone here. I think we will se a lot of big cities burn. But remember...the voters voted these people in.

It's going to get real interesting here. This is just the beginning.
Posted By: hippie

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 01:08 PM

Here's an excerpt from the essay James Madison wrote explaining his words he wrote in the bill of rights a couple years earlier.

"Govt is instituted to protect property of every sort, as well that which lies in the various rights of individuals, as that which the term particularly expresses. This being the end of Gov't, that is a just Gov't which impartially secures to every man whatever his own."

Are those city officials following this?

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 01:19 PM

Jim

so if the punks are burning your car on the street it's ok but if they are burning in the driveway where it could catch the house on fire and you can't easily move your elderly mother from the house with her oxygen in the presence of fire?

one turns in the other in less time than it takes to make a 911 call.

if response time was already running 18 minutes as Seattle PD Chief Best stated , you were already on your own.
Posted By: mainer

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 01:28 PM

Do we have a lawyer among us who can explain how these cities and municipalities are going to avoid getting sued out of existence? And they shouldn't be allowed to pass their legal costs onto the insurance companies. Cities have assets. Politicians have assets. They need to be auctioned off to pay for all the damage they've caused. They want their cities destroyed? Let's help them destroy their cities through the courts.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 01:40 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/witness-driver-gunned-down-armed-183000377.html

“They’d been participating in these protests almost every day for the past 50 days,” Sheila Foster said. “He was doing it because he feels really strongly about justice, and he’s very heavily against police brutality, and he wanted to support his fiancee.”

who is feeding them??????????????????????????????????

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by mainer
Do we have a lawyer among us who can explain how these cities and municipalities are going to avoid getting sued out of existence? And they shouldn't be allowed to pass their legal costs onto the insurance companies. Cities have assets. Politicians have assets. They need to be auctioned off to pay for all the damage they've caused. They want their cities destroyed? Let's help them destroy their cities through the courts.

Probably similar laws that's protecting them here in Georgia. Our state constitution gives state and municipal governments immunity from prosecution. We have county commissions tearing down memorials in spite of state law making that a crime. Every injunction has been denied on the grounds of immunity.
It's gotten to be such a problem that an amendment will be on the ballot in November that will strip immunity from state and municipal.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 02:17 PM

Why would any person or business want to stay in these cities? Which insurance company would be willing to insure anything in these cities? What tourist would want to visit these cities? With all this said, how can these cities survive?

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 02:22 PM

Police departments are sued all the time, and they often settle out of court. So there are exceptions to their sovereign immunity - discrimination, acting in bad faith, etc. The point here is to exert massive financial pain to these municipalities in one form or another. But yeah, making a viable civil case would be tough.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 02:50 PM

Mainer , people expect that the Police have a Duty to protect when in fact it has been tested and tried by the supreme court that.

if a cop is standing in the next subway car watching your murder by being stabbed to death through the window they could choose at any time to open that door, he/she if under no Duty to Protect they can stand there and watch you be murdered , take down the description of the person stabbing you and when the stabbing finished and the danger to the officer entering the car has passed open the door and check on you and call you an ambulance. they have done nothing wrong in the eyes of the court.

simply to say , you were always on your own by legal duty.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 02:52 PM

police departments get sued and loose when , they unlawfully arrest people , charge them with crimes they did not commit and cause harm.

they don't get sued successfully when they do nothing.

doing nothing becomes safer than doing the wrong thing.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 03:20 PM

Yes, I realize all of that, but city officials have done something deliberately and with malice. They have mandated that the police ignore ongoing criminal activity so as to allow the rioting to continue. According to them, these are peaceful protesters and peaceful protesters don't destroy property - by definition.

So how does that not create huge legal liability for the city? Insurance companies should refuse to pay liability claims and then sue these cities for the millions (billions?) in property damage claims they will need to pay out due to their incitement of these riots.

I'm not simply being rhetorical here. I would like to know how city officials can legally get away with this sort of malfeasance?

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 03:23 PM

I agree suits should be filed , how you defined the malice and how you prove it will be the question.

the as part is the citizens pay the suit , and the way the cities are going they could bankrupt the city.
Posted By: iaduckhntr

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 04:01 PM

If you think its bad now, wait till Trump is reelected, the space station will be viewing the fires.
Dennis

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by iaduckhntr
If you think its bad now, wait till Trump is reelected, the space station will be viewing the fires.
Dennis

Then the gloves come off.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 04:31 PM

Jim

Jim, you are missing the most important part of the new rules, which is that the police can not use crowd dispersal techniques to get through the thousands of people preventing them from getting to the person needing their life protected. Without using tools like tear gas, rubber bullets, batons and fire hoses, even 100 police officers will not be able to fight through the crowds to save someone.

Keith

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 04:41 PM

https://mises.org/power-market/police-have-no-duty-protect-you-federal-court-affirms-yet-again

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 04:45 PM

Thanks, Swamp Wolf. That's helpful....
Posted By: Dirt

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 04:50 PM

Yes, I realize all of that, but city officials have done something deliberately and with malice. They have mandated that the police ignore ongoing criminal activity so as to allow the rioting to continue. According to them, these are peaceful protesters and peaceful protesters don't destroy property - by definition.

So how does that not create huge legal liability for the city? Insurance companies should refuse to pay liability claims and then sue these cities for the millions (billions?) in property damage claims they will need to pay out due to their incitement of these riots.

I'm not simply being rhetorical here. I would like to know how city officials can legally get away with this sort of malfeasance?

If you sue the city, you are suing taxpayers. The perps don't get punished.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 04:51 PM

Not sure I agree 100% with how the SC continues to rule on this but I can see a huge mess if they ever rule differently.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Not sure I agree 100% with how the SC continues to rule on this but I can see a huge mess if they ever rule differently.

The SCOTUS is wrong imo from reading what governments sole purpose is suppose to be in the constitution and Bill of rights.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt

If you sue the city, you are suing taxpayers. The perps don't get punished.

I DON"T CARE ANYMORE! I don't live in those places, and anyone stupid enough to voluntarily live and work under such insanity deserves the self-inflicted punishment their tax dollars provide.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

The SCOTUS is wrong imo from reading what governments sole purpose is suppose to be in the constitution and Bill of rights.

Yeah....i tend to go along with you on this.

From some constitutional law courses I've had I think the SC is keeping the door from being opened on a multitude of lawsuits related to LE responding to slowly or not in enough time to save a victim.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 05:26 PM

As an aside....

Social contract theory was put on the political map in the 17th century with the publication of Thomas Hobbes's treatise Leviathan. The central tenet of Hobbes's theory surrounded the protection of its citizens. The ONLY thing that could nullified the Sovereign's absolute authority, and thus the social contract between the citizens and their Sovereign, was the Sovereign's failure to protect them. Social contract theories that have followed Hobbes, from Locke to Rousseau and to our founding fathers, all recognize the role of sovereign protection of the citizenry as a fundamental tenet of any social contract. Without it there is no contract.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 05:34 PM

Here's an excerpt from the essay James Madison wrote explaining his words he wrote in the bill of rights a couple years earlier.

"Govt is instituted to protect property of every sort, as well that which lies in the various rights of individuals, as that which the term particularly expresses. This being the end of Gov't, that is a just Gov't which impartially secures to every man whatever his own."

Are those city officials following this?

Madison wrote the bill of rights and a couple years later the quote above, I assume to make sure people understood the role of Gov't.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 05:48 PM

they wrote Life, Liberty , and the Pursuit of happiness in the final draft.

It was originally Life , Liberty and Property that wording didn't resonate well with some but that is really what they meant I think Madison felt it necessary to clarify that as part of the role of government.

For if property is not respected and secured there can be no industry or agriculture. for if your property is not secure and government is not playing it's role in securing it anyone could take or vandalize your crop. burn you buildings , steal your wares without domestic security it all crumbles.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 06:43 PM

By this ignorant reasoning, then the Army, Air Force, Marines, and Navy and Coast Guard can just lay down their arms and go home also. We all swore an allegence to this country whether in the service or cop or a first responder, to protect and serve as to the constitution. What kind of sissys has the people of this country become. Where am I wrong?

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
By this ignorant reasoning, then the Army, Air Force, Marines, and Navy and Coast Guard can just lay down their arms and go home also. We all swore an allegence to this country whether in the service or cop or a first responder, to protect and serve as to the constitution. What kind of sissys has the people of this country become. Where am I wrong?

You are not wrong, at all!!

This is what you end up with when you don't tell the liberals where to put it. Too much pandering in today's world.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 07:04 PM

This is what you end up with when you don't tell the liberals where to put it. Too much pandering in today's world.

X2!
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 07:10 PM

X3
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 08:36 PM

I think we all better be prepared to be on our own

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir

probably time to start training with your family and neighbors at least getting cell phone numbers and communicating so that you have a way to contact them when you see suspicious activity across the street or next door.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by Yes sir

probably time to start training with your family and neighbors at least getting cell phone numbers and communicating so that you have a way to contact them when you see suspicious activity across the street or next door.

We already have that in our area -- with the cops average response time at 30 minutes, it is usually the bad guys calling the cops for protection from all the neighbors pursuing them.
Posted By: Snapped Trap

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 09:45 PM

I don't know if an insurance company will cover riots (looting), just like the example: (in case of war).
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 10:53 PM

The insurance companies are covered by an insurrection clause. The SC determined that police do not protect but they serve. It's kinda like the Post Office moto. I believe most LE do give it there all to protect however. Hard to overcome the size and strength of what is happening with your hands tied behind your back. I hate to say it but if I were LE in one of these cities I would have to seek other employment. I wouldn't blame them a bit. I can only imagine the guilt those officers feel watching and not being able to respond even though it isn't their fault. I'm not talking about the mayors or council or police chiefs that are liberal politicians. I hate it for the folks that have to live in those areas with no way out. I also hate it for them because just like a lot of folks that's their home town that is becoming a war zone. I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better. I can only hope that the FEDs use every kind of tactic and technology at their disposal to handle these well paid perps. I have to believe that the likes of soros and those like him are funding this. Non of us could survive 2 months of rioting without a paycheck. Heck most of them are probably making more than the rest of us. I guess in their mind it's worth it to take down the U S Government. They believe they are smarter than everyone else that is until they are on the receiving end of what comes next. Keep your powder dry.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/27/20 11:10 PM

My nieces' husband here in Bum**** Nebraska is a Sheriff's Deputy. One of their best Deputies quit last week. The LEO's do their job to a T, but the judicial system has failed bigtime and turns the criminals loose. Nieces' husband is thinking seriously about throwing in the towel. There's no job satisfaction whatsoever.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: You're on your own. - 07/28/20 03:12 AM

If Trump wins in Nov, it's going to be a bloodbath. Might not be that long really, general populace you would expect is sick of it now.

Thousand protesters a day get shot, don't matter to me one bit. Just that much closer to the end of them. Black white whatever, good riddance.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/28/20 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by wr otis
If Trump wins in Nov, it's going to be a bloodbath. Might not be that long really, general populace you would expect is sick of it now.

Thousand protesters a day get shot, don't matter to me one bit. Just that much closer to the end of them. Black white whatever, good riddance.

The Still report has him well over 300 electoral votes as of today......he could beat down biden worse than he did the witch.

Re: You're on your own. - 07/28/20 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper
The insurance companies are covered by an insurrection clause. The SC determined that police do not protect but they serve. It's kinda like the Post Office moto. I believe most LE do give it there all to protect however. Hard to overcome the size and strength of what is happening with your hands tied behind your back. I hate to say it but if I were LE in one of these cities I would have to seek other employment. I wouldn't blame them a bit. I can only imagine the guilt those officers feel watching and not being able to respond even though it isn't their fault. I'm not talking about the mayors or council or police chiefs that are liberal politicians. I hate it for the folks that have to live in those areas with no way out. I also hate it for them because just like a lot of folks that's their home town that is becoming a war zone. I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better. I can only hope that the FEDs use every kind of tactic and technology at their disposal to handle these well paid perps. I have to believe that the likes of soros and those like him are funding this. Non of us could survive 2 months of rioting without a paycheck. Heck most of them are probably making more than the rest of us. I guess in their mind it's worth it to take down the U S Government. They believe they are smarter than everyone else that is until they are on the receiving end of what comes next. Keep your powder dry.

They think a lot of the rioters are getting the extra ui benefits and that is why the gop is not wanting to extend that program....

Re: You're on your own. - 07/28/20 03:36 AM

Here is that Still Report video, skip forward to 2:00 to miss the advertisements.

© 2024 Trapperman Forums