Home

Electric corded chainsaws: which brand ??

Posted By: Canvasback2

Electric corded chainsaws: which brand ?? - 07/27/20 01:41 AM

Thinking of buying a corded electric chainsaw for cutting up Bowl and turning stock. Got an old Gas one, but want something easier to handle . Which brands are best ?
Posted By: cotton

Re: Electric corded chainsaws: which brand ?? - 07/27/20 01:43 AM

only one i have ever used was a makita (sp)
it was a good saw light and easy to handle
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Electric corded chainsaws: which brand ?? - 07/27/20 01:50 AM

how many inches of bar length do you need

I have a 8 inch Remington that is also a pole saw , very handy for trimming branches , and it detaches from the pole easily with a t-nut and bracket.

I would probably look at the Oregon if I wanted a longer bar.
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Electric corded chainsaws: which brand ?? - 07/27/20 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

I have a 8 inch Remington that is also a pole saw , very handy for trimming branches , and it detaches from the pole easily with a t-nut and bracket.

Not sure.

I can turn stock 15 inches in diameter between the headstock and the tailstock, and can turn up to 20 inches on outboard turning for Bowls.
Posted By: Arkansas87

Re: Electric corded chainsaws: which brand ?? - 07/27/20 02:15 AM

Only one i ever used was a stihl. Seemed ok except for the dang cord.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Electric corded chainsaws: which brand ?? - 07/27/20 02:25 AM

I think I'd still be happier with a gas powered saw.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Electric corded chainsaws: which brand ?? - 07/27/20 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

Not sure.

I can turn stock 15 inches in diameter between the headstock and the tailstock, and can turn up to 20 inches on outboard turning for Bowls.

sounds like more than 8 inches will be needed
I bought one for my dad many years ago black and yellow is all I recall 14 or 16 inch bar it works , he doesn't use it much most of it's use was me using it to trim his trees they are a different beast you tighten the chain more than you would on a gas saw , they are instantly all on and all off generally have a narrow Kerf bar and chain.

I don't have any experience with the Oregon but my dealer stocks and sells the Oregon cordless and he was impressed with how well it worked he said comparing it to a homeowners type gas saw it would make most of the same cuts and unlike most home owners type saws you don't have carb issues when you go to use it again in a year
© 2024 Trapperman Forums