Home

My cousin has tested positive for covid

Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/27/20 01:55 PM

I have enough cousins more than 20 first cousins it was a matter of time.

oddly it is't my Ultra religious masks are bad cousins or my let me tell you about my home made Kefeir , yogurt , all natural gut health remedies who are anti mask and anti vacs .

no it is my even wear a mask when outside , you are going to kill us all by not wearing a mask when outside . hasn't been in a store , done everything curb side pickup since march cousins.

this cousin lives in a city with a lot of covid in a house with a small yard , wears the mask any time outside of the house.takes care of an high risk family member so has been as diligent as one could be and also gotten tested twice now , wanting to make sure they were not passing covid to that family member.

I never did think the masks were even 50% but 20% is better than no 0%.

I think it may be a false positive but we will see so far minimal symptoms if any and everyone else in the house tested negative.

if they really do have covid , then it is just a matter of time everyone will have it. I don't know that you could get more careful and do any function in the city.

the had been concerned one of the kids had exposure ,but the kids tested negative and the contact tracing suggests that exposure was never an issue anyway.

at this time most likely place for exposure is walking and biking paths , while wearing a mask.

Dane County is 2 weeks masks on in all buildings other than your home.
officials said a week ago 4-8 weeks of masks and we can get this under control

I predict when 8 weeks have passed they will kick it 2-4 more weeks out or 2nd full shut down more shut down than before , have your 3 weeks supplies and go no-where for for 3 weeks stay in your home and if you have to walk the dog don't go withing 20 feet of people and wear a mask. [font:Arial Black][/font]
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/27/20 02:53 PM

My daughter has it. Says it is like having allergies. It's pretty much like any other virus for fairly healthy people it seems.
Posted By: adam m

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/27/20 02:58 PM

That stinks. Hopefully he gets retested and it's not a false positive.
Lots of cases with false positive. People here and elsewhere are also reporting they fil out the forms for testing but decide to leave because they can't wait several hours, then they get notified they are positive

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/27/20 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by adam m
Lots of cases with false positive. People here and elsewhere are also reporting they fill out the forms for testing but decide to leave because they can't wait several hours, then they get notified they are positive

I guess if you have that happen you can be sure it is false positive.
Posted By: MJM

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/27/20 05:18 PM

I just heard that Tri Care Insurance gave out 600,000 false positives. Unless you are in the hospital wheezing, what difference does it make if they say you have it.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/27/20 05:31 PM

It seems to me If you have It your a carrier and could spread It to someone else that may not be able to handle It.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/27/20 05:56 PM

Seems to me that someone that is at risk like I am needs to protect themselves.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/27/20 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by ApocalypticGoatH

But how? Besides not going out side or letting anyone in.
Posted By: keystone

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/27/20 07:07 PM

My 68 year old dad tested positive last week, he is by far not the pinnacle of health and he hardly had any symptoms. A small cough and that’s it. He has been tending his 3 acre garden, mowing grass and just carrying on like no different! I’m thankful he didn’t get sick.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/27/20 08:03 PM

If you get the flu. Do you test positive for COVD?
Posted By: tlguy

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/27/20 08:25 PM

Lots of cases with false positive. People here and elsewhere are also reporting they fil out the forms for testing but decide to leave because they can't wait several hours, then they get notified they are positive

I've heard multiple reports of the same thing happening all over Wisconsin. Makes me want to try it for myself.
Posted By: Okie Farmer

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/27/20 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by seniortrap

If you've had a cold in the last three to six months you could.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/27/20 10:33 PM

It's got to the point where it seems to be a status symbol to test positive.
The town I grew up in just developed the first 5 positives in the last week.
Posted By: Kired

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 02:27 AM

My brother had the virus almost two months ago now. He was the only one in his household to get it, he was laid up for about 10-12 days with only 4-5 days at the start of symptoms being the worse for him. I had to get tested because I had spent the weekend at his place and 10 days later he calls me and tells me he's got the virus, tested negative as well as his wife, kids, and mother in law.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 03:20 AM

People here and elsewhere are also reporting they fil out the forms for testing but decide to leave because they can't wait several hours, then they get notified they are positive

I have heard the same thing.
Posted By: adam m

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Wild_Idaho
People here and elsewhere are also reporting they fil out the forms for testing but decide to leave because they can't wait several hours, then they get notified they are positive

I have heard the same thing.

It is sad they are doing this to the US. Add to that the fact that some of the test "strips" already have covid on it.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 03:42 AM

Step daughter had it said it was the worest case of flu she's ever had her roommate tested positive and got a slight headache and raspy throat for 2 or 3 days.

My son law is a co and they had 6 cases in one housing unit and no one else got it even 4 cell mates of positive inmates never got it and they live in a 6x8 cell.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 04:08 AM

Yes it is sad, Adam. I am downright enraged at what the country and many of it's so called citizens are showing themselves to be.

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Matt28

But how? Besides not going out side or letting anyone in.

Social distancing when you are outside is not difficult unless you are living like a sardine. Even in a grocery store I have no problem. To many pseudo conservatives are drinking the kool aid.

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 12:40 PM

Social distancing when you are outside is not difficult unless you are living like a sardine. Even in a grocery store I have no problem. To many pseudo conservatives are drinking the kool aid.

they are living like sardines that is part of the problem
Posted By: run

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 01:59 PM

Do goats and sheep get Covid 19 ❔
Posted By: run

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 02:00 PM

asking for a friend.

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by run
Do goats and sheep get Covid 19 ❔

they say dogs and cats can unsure about sheep but probably

however if your practicing good herd management and keeping a distance between your flock and the neighbors flock you ah your friend should be ok

no county fair this year , even if there was you would quarantine the fair animals on return.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by seniortrap

No. The test is for the (SARS-CoV-2) virus.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 02:10 PM

We had our fair. Strictly 4-H projects, no games or rides. My kids showed sheep and hogs. Went well. Lots of folks had masks on, and lots didn’t. Had hand sanitizer stations set up and spaced seating.

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 02:22 PM

I didn't tell them where and how to live and they sure as (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) aren't going to tell me.

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 07/28/20 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker
We had our fair. Strictly 4-H projects, no games or rides. My kids showed sheep and hogs. Went well. Lots of folks had masks on, and lots didn’t. Had hand sanitizer stations set up and spaced seating.

they were talking about exhibitor only project drop off and animals only but with people living in the barns for a week that is a lot of people in a hot crowded barn.

our fair also runs heavily on community corporate sponsorship and with some companies struggling and reducing employee hours it isn't a great time to ask for money.

instead they got the kids in touch with the people who purchased their animals last year in the auction to line up sales. all the animals already had butcher slots at local processors that in it's self is a hot commodity.

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 08/03/20 11:09 AM

update
Heard Friday that my cousin was having symptoms.
Talked to my Mom last night she said his symptoms included some chest tightness this apparently was not a false positive.
the breathing issues were compared to when you breath hard at high altitudes in the mountains lungs burning feeling.
the rest of his family retested and was not positive he has been shut up in one room of the house since his positive test.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 08/03/20 11:48 AM

[Linked Image]
This is what folks around here think of the virus. Pic was taken Saturday evening..
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 08/03/20 12:09 PM

I didn't tell them where and how to live and they sure as (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) aren't going to tell me.

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 08/03/20 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
[Linked Image]
This is what folks around here think of the virus. Pic was taken Saturday evening..

for a concert that actually is very distanced normal music venues would have several times that number shoulder to shoulder is the norm.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: My cousin has tested positive for covid - 08/03/20 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by trapperkeck
[Linked Image]

for a concert that actually is very distanced normal music venues would have several times that number shoulder to shoulder is the norm.

The band might not be popular wink
© 2024 Trapperman Forums