Home

MN mask mandate

Posted By: trapper les

MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 12:43 PM

https://gallagherdefense.com/2020/0...KPKM2zQ8-rbfV0AbMH65oKD29L870hMpSupybmJM

I'll just leave this here
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 01:01 PM

I walked into a antique shop of all places and I was asked to put on a mask. I said is it mandatory? and she said they could have to pay a large fine if I was not wearing a mask in their store.

So the governor is making an illegal law, and expecting civilian store owners to take the place of law enforcement and enforce his illegal law for him. Unreal.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 01:05 PM

Just wear one....

It won't kill ya!
Posted By: 20scout

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 01:06 PM

I was told that it was unenforceable if there was less than 25 documented cases of Covid 19 in your county.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 03:02 PM

It’s unenforceable statewide.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 03:06 PM

I have one of those mask that go around your neck then you eaisly pull it up, everyone was "on guard" when I met them like that, very uncomfortable feeling.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 03:08 PM

They have workers standing at the door in some stores here and they won't let you in without a mask unless you say you have a medical condition. Weird times we're in.....
Posted By: 160user

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Just wear one....

It won't kill ya!

That is where I am at. I don't like them but it isn't killing me.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 03:24 PM

I too put one on,Not that big of an inconvenience,unless you make it one.
Tom
Posted By: FriarTuck

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 03:37 PM

Not happy at all with the process in our state, but if my inconvenience helps prevent one person from becoming ill, I will put up with the mask.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 03:51 PM

Tuck,thats how I look at it.
Tom

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 04:08 PM

Those of you saying just wear one are part of the problem. The issue isn't the mask or the wearing of one, it is the mandate, the government overreach. The destruction of personal choice and personal liberties. There's plenty of evidence that them wearing of a mask has no bearing on the spread of any virus, so that's the other side of the mask debate, but It's not about the mask.

Saying "Just wear the mask" presumes you have the right to tell others what to do. Bad habit to get into.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 04:24 PM

But but but, if we can save just one.....
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
Those of you saying just wear one are part of the problem. The issue isn't the mask or the wearing of one, it is the mandate, the government overreach. The destruction of personal choice and personal liberties. There's plenty of evidence that them wearing of a mask has no bearing on the spread of any virus, so that's the other side of the mask debate, but It's not about the mask.

Saying "Just wear the mask" presumes you have the right to tell others what to do. Bad habit to get into.

I have spent years railing against govt overreach to my friends only to have them shrug it off, now they are all wound up about something as stupid as mask. It's almost as if we were expected to take our fusterations on mask instead to pedofile island, rioters burning cities and an insurmountable debt being stacked up.
Posted By: Howell Bros

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 05:01 PM

My wife works in a daycare center in Dane county that now requires everyone 5 yrs of age and up to wear a mask. I am amazed at the number of you that constantly harp on us to just follow the mandate and do what some else thinks is best for us. “Just put the mask on,” you say. It has been 7 working days since the mandate came down. Every child in my wife’s class of 5 and 6 yr olds now has a runny nose. Also several kids by the end of the day complain of headaches, every day. My wife works 10 hr shifts there and feels sick by noon. This doesn’t even scratch the surface of the mental issues the mask creates. These kids all day tell each other to “stay away” or “I can’t play with you.” “Am I sick with the covid teacher?” Breathe you own breath for 10 hrs and tell me it doesn’t affect you. Unbelievable. Why are people so ignorant?

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 05:20 PM

I haven't seen any research that supports masks making it WORSE. The governor says to wear one along with many cities and it makes the people around me feel better so I am ok with it. I view this like when seat belts became law. Everyone whined about it and sited that in some cases they actually inflicted more harm than without them yet today putting on a seat belt is habit and no one thinks twice about it. I think the bulk of the push back is because wearing a mask is a CHANGE and none of like that.
Posted By: 2cylinder

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Howell Bros
My wife works in a daycare center in Dane county that now requires everyone 5 yrs of age and up to wear a mask. I am amazed at the number of you that constantly harp on us to just follow the mandate and do what some else thinks is best for us. “Just put the mask on,” you say. It has been 7 working days since the mandate came down. Every child in my wife’s class of 5 and 6 yr olds now has a runny nose. Also several kids by the end of the day complain of headaches, every day. My wife works 10 hr shifts there and feels sick by noon. This doesn’t even scratch the surface of the mental issues the mask creates. These kids all day tell each other to “stay away” or “I can’t play with you.” “Am I sick with the covid teacher?” Breathe you own breath for 10 hrs and tell me it doesn’t affect you. Unbelievable. Why are people so ignorant?

Well for me, my employer requires it. And I'll wear a mask if it means I get to keep my job that I like. At this point I look at it like any other PPE, if your employer says you have to wear your safety glasses or hard hat to work here... are you going to tell them to pound sand?

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 05:36 PM

Local deputy said they would have an extremely difficult time enforcing this mandate. He said they have better things to do and compared it to making someone pull up their pants. Yesterday in Walmart I seen two employees wearing their masks under their chin. I understand that if your caught not wearing one, a supervisor might try to talk you into wearing one, but if you tell them no they won't ask you to leave. My thoughts are that when we quarantined, some of us should have stayed home instead of heading up to the lake home and such. By doing this they just spread it around instead of containing it. This late in the game is like handing out condoms at a baby shower.
Posted By: washxc

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 06:40 PM

This is NOT like seat belts. The science behind seat belts was and is conclusive, evidence tested, it has a HIGH level of scientific validity. The only available science on the benefits of masks for Covid-19 are case reviews. Case reviews are the lowest level of the scientific validity pyramid. Why are they the lowest level? Because you can't control any variables, you can only review what happened in a certain case. Case reviews are good for coming up with studies for the future like randomized controlled trials, and repeatable studies that can either prove or disprove the case review. Unfortunately, good science doesn't work at pandemic speed.

160user, the reason you haven't seen scientific reviews on whether masks can make things worse is because there isn't any good science to review! I actually sincerely hope that good science with high levels of validity come out that validate masks are effective. They're easy to use and it wouldn't be a big deal. The big deal is that Government is making laws based on science that has the lowest possible level of validity. In my state they're mandating that 2 year old children wear a mask. That is absurd. And beyond that, the mask propaganda that is leading to community members and neighbors judging, dividing, and fighting. That's the worst part. Again, I hope that better science comes along that proves that masks work, I want them to work. But alas, The world health organization continues to say:

"At the present time, the widespread use of masks everywhere is not supported by high-quality scientific evidence, and there are potential benefits and harms to consider."

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 06:52 PM

I don't usually say stuff like this but

GO JUMP IN A LAKE!

749 POSTS ABOUT FREEDOM LOST. Whine and moan . IF IT COULD prevent Your family frm harm Ill slip on a mask. Good Grief!!!!!
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 07:10 PM

Just get aboard the rail cars. It is for your own good and what harm can come of it? If history is any guide, I will fight to my last breath to avoid getting on the train!

Chris

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 08:30 PM

330 , sheep like you and others like you are the problem. You have been hoodwinked by the mass hysteria controllers
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 08:30 PM

I wear a mask at work for about 6 hours each day. After a week, I am experiencing shortness of breath, dizziness and headaches. Don't tell me it's not going to kill me. It, very well, could.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 08:31 PM

BTW, the company I work for has mandated masks.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by trapper les
330 , sheep like you and others like you are the problem. You have been hoodwinked by the mass hysteria controllers

Just so we can all make valid arguments, what is the exact problem?
Posted By: 2020

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 08:44 PM

still bitchin about the masks,? wow , stay home then , if that's your only gripe then you have to much time on your hands...

LOL ya trying to prevent a world wide epidemic and jumping on the death train, is alot alike - shaking head in udder amazement- ,

watch out for the Hodag!! too

Be Kind to others !!

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 08:51 PM

Les,aliving in a town of less than 200 gives you a different view of things. Isolation gives you a good chance of--not catching any thing(women included).
those of us that wear masks in public does not make us ---sheep. It makes us concerned about health issues. Life is a lot different in some of our areas,than it is in yours.
Tom
Posted By: patfundine

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
Just wear one....

It won't kill ya!

I'm glad 160user is wearing one.......
Posted By: Birdman382

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 09:21 PM

I got a hair cut and did have to wear the mask. She cut my hair by just moving it off my ear one at a time. great haircut I might have to say.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 09:33 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...17krFM?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp#image=25

The current math
Posted By: Okie Farmer

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 09:34 PM

Do you wear a mask during cold season?

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 09:48 PM

Okie,had dozens and dozens of colds--I am not dead yet,nor is anyone else I know of.
kind of like you are compaing apples to watermelons.
Tom
Posted By: blackhammer

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 10:09 PM

I haven't seen any research that supports masks making it WORSE. The governor says to wear one along with many cities and it makes the people around me feel better so I am ok with it. I view this like when seat belts became law. Everyone whined about it and sited that in some cases they actually inflicted more harm than without them yet today putting on a seat belt is habit and no one thinks twice about it. I think the bulk of the push back is because wearing a mask is a CHANGE and none of like that.
. Seatbelts save lives. Masks ? The nation’s most will known flu expert from the University of Minnesota Dr Osterholm has said numerous times that other than the type health care workers wear cloth mask are basically worthless The last week he has backed off because the political correctness left has got on him China wore masks religiously. How they do? California has had a mandate for a few months and their cases are surging. Doesn’t hurt to wear one but comparing masks to seatbelt or indoor smoking is ridiculous. The science is became political. I wear one where needed The healthiness of wearing them long term working in warm weather is questionable. People get throat nose issues that’s for sure
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Les,aliving in a town of less than 200 gives you a different view of things. Isolation gives you a good chance of--not catching any thing(women included).
those of us that wear masks in public does not make us ---sheep. It makes us concerned about health issues. Life is a lot different in some of our areas,than it is in yours.
Tom

I'm not going to name call...question, why doesn't the government or media push to wear masks everyday for flu and influenza? The longer this thing has gone on and the more things that come up, the more it looks like b.s. This mask thing is nothing more than control. Wear a mask if it makes you feel safer. I won't rib on you for that, but I think this is all part of some agenda and we are the test rats. This is America, it should be a choice, not forced upon those that don't agree and don't want to wear one.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by 2020
still bitchin about the masks,? wow , stay home then , if that's your only gripe then you have to much time on your hands...

LOL ya trying to prevent a world wide epidemic and jumping on the death train, is alot alike - shaking head in udder amazement- ,

watch out for the Hodag!! too

Be Kind to others !!

"Prevent a world wide epidemic". To late. It's been world wide for months.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22
They have workers standing at the door in some stores here and they won't let you in without a mask unless you say you have a medical condition. Weird times we're in.....

Yep, just like in the beginning, they quarantined the healthy. Smdh.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 10:27 PM

People are very easily manipulated and is why the news does what it does. It's proven. I suggest to stop watching the news for a few days as it's almost all left wing bias. Sit back and just think for yourself for a few minutes. Think about all you've heard, seen, and how everything has developed. Look how low the death rate is.
Think for yourself and not what the news has told you. Try it.....this is government overreach. Period.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 10:53 PM

I recommend, y'all go to the CDC website and do some research. According to them, your odds of being hospitalized for Covid is 1 in 113,000. Your odds of dying from Covid are exponentially less. You need to wear a mask! Pffft! Absolutely, ridiculous!
Posted By: Drakej

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 10:56 PM

It's a legal law you have to wear clothing over certain parts of your body in public and there is no scientific, conclusive evidence that there is any harm in not doing so. Go spend just one hour in an ER in a Covid hot zone and than admit there is no Covid crisis, people dying or devastated loved ones. I can't believe such selfishness from supposedly God faithful people! If you don't want to follow rules of public safety for others in public places, no one is taking away your right to stay out.
Posted By: iowayote

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 11:21 PM

A a dental hygienist, I've worn a mask 10 hours a day for the last 27 years. I'm still alive.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2cylinder

Just so we can all make valid arguments, what is the exact problem?

Did you read the link, or are you just chiming in ?

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by iowayote
A a dental hygienist, I've worn a mask 10 hours a day for the last 27 years. I'm still alive.

I have a MBA and never had to wear a mask for the past 50 years and I'm still alive, too.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 11:50 PM

Okie,had dozens and dozens of colds--I am not dead yet,nor is anyone else I know of.
kind of like you are compaing apples to watermelons.
Tom

It's the same family of virus as a cold and just like a cold it will have to run it's course until enough people build impunity to it that makes it difficult for it to spread.
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 11:51 PM

I know this has been hashed and rehashed but can you help me please with these questions? I just heard the masked woman on TV.We have heard all this mask stuff and seen these mandates, some have been in place for weeks and even months.Where is the success?Cases are rising more rapidly than ever.So now the masked woman claims its all the young people's fault and says nothing about the mask.So here's my ? Should we gather up all the young people and execute them to stop the pandemic?

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/29/20 11:53 PM

Masks are for hockey goalies and halloween.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 01:17 AM

So here's my ? Should we gather up all the young people and execute them to stop the pandemic?

No just the ones who don't wear Masks,.................................. LOL Just kidding

Be Kind To Others !

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 01:25 AM

Les, I read the article. But as of right now today, many businesses are requiring a mask which most have been influenced by the mandate but there was also plenty of businesses that had the mask policy before the governor mandate. I dont view it as being a sheep but following policy that has been outlined to enter these private businesses.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 01:29 AM

Fear and guilt are proven ways of controlling others. I don't know if it's slowing the spread of Covid but I do know it's working.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 01:40 AM

You Want to call people that desire a certain level of health for themselves names Less....And label because you're vain and view yourself Above ....and such a Patriot tough guy you must see in your mirror.
Choose to follow one group of thinkers makes you Just a sheep of different Color , no less a sheep though.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 01:47 AM

While I don't care to get the virus, I am awful worried about bringing it back to my wife. With her health problems,there is no way she would survive getting the virus.
Tom

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 01:57 AM

While I don't care to get the virus, I am awful worried about bringing it back to my wife. With her health problems,there is no way she would survive getting the virus.
Tom

And THIS is why I comply and wear a mask! I could give two xxxxxx less if I get it but I don’t want spreading it to others on my head.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 02:14 AM

Without trying to compare anyone with farm animals, as I believe that just lowers the civility and makes us all think that we need to pick a side and vilify anyone that we may not agree with, there are people on both sides of this issue that are following those around them for some reason. Just look at the MN politicians, on both sides. One of the rare times that I looked at the news, every single Democrat was wearing a mask, and every Republican was without. Does anyone think that there is not a single Democrat that doesn't thinks masks are unneeded, or a single Republican that doesn't believe that masks have merit? I do not blindly follow the mask law. As I said before, I totally disagree with any politician declaring total authority and doing what our governor is doing. However, I do choose to wear a mask when around others. I take no offense if you don't, that is your choice. Just like it is my choice to not follow many other laws that I don't believe are just, or sensible. I do wish that there was the ability to come in here and read the opinions of others, and be able to have a discourse, without it always seeming to slide into the level of a playground during recess.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 02:35 AM

Well it just amazes me that all you righteous mask wearers are just wearing masks for the first time in your lives, yet you and yours have lived through countless colds and flues. Were you too ignorant before or are masks just that much better now?

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 02:43 AM

I am a mask wearer that is trying to be righteous, but often falling short of the goal, but for myself, I have wore a mask several times in the past. As an EMT I tried to weigh the possible threat, and wear a mask if I thought it would be a benefit that outweighed the hassle. I am doing the same thing now. It is too early for any good science on this mess, and too heated for unbiased science to make it past either side in my opinion, so as of now I am opting to wear one.
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 02:48 AM

Reading the state news the Governor had a younger women in his news conference preaching from the pulpit about how it was now all the young people's fault the kung flu was spreading and nothing to do with a mask.So what are we gonna do make young people all go set in a corner in time out?
Posted By: danvee

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 03:19 AM

https://www.history.com/news/1918-spanish-flu-mask-wearing-resistance

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 03:20 AM

Seems like if you think it is an infringement on your rights mandated to wear a mask why get a concealed carry permit or a drivers license??
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Slick Pan
.So here's my ? Should we gather up all the young people and execute them to stop the pandemic?

Nah, we should gather up all of us over 50 and execute them so the young can live their lives like we did.

Les, did you see this billboard that was up in Fosston?

[Linked Image]

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by danvee
Seems like if you think it is an infringement on your rights mandated to wear a mask why get a concealed carry permit or a drivers license??

Oh but they're "free thinkers"
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 04:32 AM

Carry permits and DL were voted on and made into law, dictating you have to wear a mask is not. Bad example.
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 10:21 AM

I’ve lived here in my little corner of Kentucky for over 50 years and kind of know people around here. I can say definitively that MOST liberals are submitting to the governors mask mandate and MOST conservatives are ignoring him. This thing is much larger than what’s on the surface with the masks. I can tell when I have gone into a few places the want to tell me to mask up but haven’t yet. I don’t care if I ever go in Walmart but Kroger is becoming difficult. They have a program where they bring your groceries out to your car. Mostly what I have seen using that are welfare type people around here. Still getting medicine at the drive through. What’s concerning to me is the “:tell n you” hotline the liberal governor Has set up to beat businesses into compliance with the threat of shutting them down. He expects the health depts. to be his enforcers. He is killing small eateries and I expect the schools to come up with something big in a few weeks as most teachers helped put him in there.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 10:56 AM

So let's ask the question, "What is the expected health outcome of mask wearing?"
Is it to reduce Covid-19 morbidity and mortality?

If that answer is "no," we can pitch the masks.

If that answer is "yes."
Good. Now we know the plan. Reduce morbidity (complications) and morbidity (death) due to a objective criteria.

Let's start with cigarettes (decreased oxygenation of the lungs).
Let's pitch the junk food (obesity factor).
Abolish alcohol (alcohol diminishes the oxygenation processes).
And on and on we go,

When I see someone pull down their mask to smoke during a C-19 "pandemic," it's probably best they not judge others.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 11:56 AM

Steven, I did see that bill board.

The masks are just part of a bigger manipulation of the masses before an election. Trump will probably win despite the liberals attempt to control everyone and destroy the economy to make him look bad.

I'm not buying it, not wearing a mask to promote a political agenda., lol , ( or...not wearing one to do the same). Amazing how just a small few people would do about anything to win, and millions would blindly follow.

Sheep analogies have been used since biblical times,
Posted By: MB750

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 12:35 PM

The Indiana mandated that all Indiana residents 8 and over have to wear them, only to be told by the AG it is illegal. No problem, it is the Gov's order. I refuse to comply. Guess I always was a rebel.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 12:41 PM

The masks are just part of a bigger manipulation of the masses before an election. Trump will probably win despite the liberals attempt to control everyone and destroy the economy to make him look bad.

I'm not buying it, not wearing a mask to promote a political agenda., lol , ( or...not wearing one to do the same). Amazing how just a small few people would do about anything to win, and millions would blindly follow.

Our governor has mandated masks on the basis of medical treatment. How is a mask medical treatment? At best it would be medical prevention. At worst case, law enforcement might have a talk with you to encourage you to ware a mask but I have yet to hear of anyone getting fined for not wearing one. Right now the plan for school is the bus driver takes the students temperature and if the students has a temp or refuses to ware a mask, the driver still takes them to school and the parents are to pick them up. How is that going to do any good? This fall could be very interesting to say the least. If the Democrats get in, it's got to be a mess. If Trump gets in, the Democrats will be even more upset and things will get worse for all of is. I feel it's going to be a powder keg just waiting to blow. Really hope I'm wrong about all of this but don't see things turning out very well for the average Joe.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 12:47 PM

Can't go to school but we will need day care providers to ramp up.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 01:39 PM

Here, the way it’s playing out is that some, many already have well before, WANT to be provided for and told what they should do for some form of guaranteed existence from the govt. They align themselves with the political party that’s Santa Claus. They really don’t love freedom and it’s a “ misery loves company” thing. They also severely resent those of us who are keeping them up by working and paying taxes. I don’t know where they think it’ll come from if it were to change. MOST of the ones I see that are having their groceries brought out to the car at Kroger didn’t pay for them, won’t walk in to get them now and it’s “ heatum’ up eatum’ up stuff. Like I said, the up or down opinion on the masks is very minor in the larger scale of what’s going on. Here, in Kentucky, it’s basically a sheep count.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Can't go to school but we will need day care providers to ramp up.

Good! Us conservatives don't believe in Socialism like Public schools. We hate Socialism. smile

Seriously, You non-sheep are not sending your kids to a public school, like the sheep do?

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 02:19 PM

How many of you see the number of covid cases listed as a percentage of the population on the daily news reports? Not any is my quess because the numbers wouldn't be scary presented that way.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 02:24 PM

What are the odds of me getting Covid?
  • Pretty danged low
What are the odds of me dying from Covid?
  • Negligible, even as a septugedarian
What are the odds of the government fearmongers destroying the entire economy including my existence over this?
  • Danged near 100%

Here is my rational, if not scientific solution:

Mandate, and enforce masks and social distancing for 4 weeks--NOT ONE MINUTE LONGER

At the end of 4 weeks we will finally have a good understanding if this works or not. If it worked the virus will have been starved out of existence. It it did not work. pitch the whole idea as an ill conceived restriction. Either way, this crap is no longer necessary.
Posted By: Osky

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 03:01 PM

I am in agreement Les.
As for the folks who favor masks, more power to you and be sure and stay 6 feet away from me. I assure you I’m going to stay at least 6 feet away from you. As a matter of fact I don’t even like being within 6 feet of myself but It’s a handicap I’m stuck with.
Do the 6’ distance things and were all safe were told so be it. All good.
Oh and please don’t judge wether that means I do or don’t care, and I’ll extend to you the same courtesy.

Osky
Posted By: rvsask

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 03:52 PM

Everyone is a sheep with a different shepherd, even the ones constantly screaming about sheep.
Posted By: Teacher

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 04:25 PM

There are too many Karens out there who act entitled to do their own thing which might endanger others. These people who just have to be entertained In bars because having a beer at home Isn’t good enough; or have to be buying knicknacks at Walmart because getting out of the house couldn’t possibly mean going into their back yard. all of this coupled with the “I Have A Medical Excuse“ lie to avoid protecting others AND themselves makes for lots of sick people. I agree with the governor because wearing masks, social distancing, and staying home have been successful in other parts of the world and can be here too. Minnesota’s numbers aren’t bad. The recovery rate is about 90%, meaning we only have about 5,000 active cases in the state. Many, many other states aren’t doing as well. With people taking precautions, fewer getting sick and a high recovery rate, we’re doing pretty well. And If wearing a mask allows me to get out and do things, I’m happy to do so if it will keep the retirees and others in my city healthy.

If you think it’s an imposition to wear a mask, at least show the curtesy of staying away from people.
Posted By: Osky

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Teacher
There are too many Karens out there who act entitled to do their own thing which might endanger others. These people who just have to be entertained In bars because having a beer at home Isn’t good enough; or have to be buying knicknacks at Walmart because getting out of the house couldn’t possibly mean going into their back yard. all of this coupled with the “I Have A Medical Excuse“ lie to avoid protecting others AND themselves makes for lots of sick people. I agree with the governor because wearing masks, social distancing, and staying home have been successful in other parts of the world and can be here too. Minnesota’s numbers aren’t bad. The recovery rate is about 90%, meaning we only have about 5,000 active cases in the state. Many, many other states aren’t doing as well. With people taking precautions, fewer getting sick and a high recovery rate, we’re doing pretty well. And If wearing a mask allows me to get out and do things, I’m happy to do so if it will keep the retirees and others in my city healthy.

If you think it’s an imposition to wear a mask, at least show the curtesy of staying away from people.

Are you trying to tell me 10% of the people do not recover?? I’d sure like to know where that number came from?

Osky

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 04:55 PM

Kids do not need to wear masks. Period. Only people with poor heath, seniors and people with preexisting conditions need to avoid this virus. For those of us in good health and in the prime of our life, it would be best for us to get the virus and get it over with.

The Christian School where my wife works has a waiting list of more than 30 families for this upcoming school year and more coming in every day. This has never happened before. Not fully sure how this relates, but I am sure it has to do with government run schools' manipulations, of which masks are a part.
Posted By: Cibarius

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 05:03 PM

Hey teacher, the definition of a Karen pretty much describes all you pro-mask crybabies.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 05:12 PM

Some of us wear the mask to protect others.Is that so hard to understand??? If it is,you have more than a mask problem.
My main concern is my wifes health,and because I do the shopping,I appreciate those that wear masks,keep their distance from me,in an effort to keep from spreading the virus.
Tom

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 05:28 PM

They might have been voted on in Mn but else where it was made law by the law makers that were voted in not popular vote of the people.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 05:29 PM

Bigfoot died from the virus. It was on another tread. No mask was found near or on it.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 05:36 PM

Some of us wear the mask to protect others.Is that so hard to understand??? If it is,you have more than a mask problem.
My main concern is my wifes health,and because I do the shopping,I appreciate those that wear masks,keep their distance from me,in an effort to keep from spreading the virus.
Tom

I'm sure you and others in the same situation would wear a mask even if it wasn't mandated. I can understand and appreciate that situation.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 05:57 PM

High risk people are high risk with or without covid. The death rate of high risk patients is still extremely low. Google nursing home outbreak and look at all the deadly outbreaks of flu and rhinovirus that resulted in up to 30 deaths at one facility. This covid crap is blown way out of proportion. Maybe your goal is to be the first person to die of nothing!

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 06:13 PM

Cibarius,you seem to know it all.Why don't you head to one of the major hospitals or nursing homes where the virus is a problem.Volunteer to work with covid patients--don't wear any protection.Then you can tell us ignorant ones--what its like to become infected with---Nothing.
Tom
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22

With all the Planet Fitness gyms in the country you need to wear a mask even while working out. If you tell them you have a medical condition, that won't do. Instead, they suspend your membership.

I almost joined Planet Fitness when they opened health clubs in our area. Glad I didn't. The club I belong to requires you wear a mask, but not while you're doing aerobic exercise.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 06:56 PM

My wife is a RN in our emergency room. I work in the plant that is the largest outbreak in Minnesota NOT to be shut down. Had multiple family members test positive. Statistics are an everyday part of my job. The media and government never show the entire statistical sample and always add their spin. I agree that covid is real. Just blown way out of perspective.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 07:12 PM

And, when the hospital staff gets together after work for a drink (without masks), you should here them laughing about the weekly protocol and rule changes. Of course, none of them has ever dealt with a “ novel” virus before(sarcasm).
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 07:17 PM

I find it interesting that there is no blame placed on the protesters for spreading the virus. There they are face to face shouting their rants. A lot of them headed to the bars and spread it. But, not a word about that in the fake news.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 07:19 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: blackhammer

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/30/20 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by Teacher

Are you trying to tell me 10% of the people do not recover?? I’d sure like to know where that number came from?

Osky

The narrative of being a murder ,selfish and entitled if you don’t wear a mask? That mindset just make up numbers and act self righteous,. I tend to stay away from people when possible and use common sense. Don’t need a mask mandate to do so. The same political party that deems a lockdown or masks necessary find protests and multiple funerals for people fitting their agendas OK but funerals for our family members or visiting people who a dying loved one unacceptable.
Posted By: gman

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 03:00 AM

I don't like the mask BS at all. But I do put it on when I have to. And the only mask I will wear says Trump 2020 on it. With the hope that it will irritate a Lib!!!!

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 03:43 AM

Before all the shows I attend,were shut down because of the virus,I sold Trump hats,shirts and several other Trump items.Right along with the trapping supplies prints and other items. Had very few incidents with democrats. Though many mentioned they wanted to buy the Trump stuff,but were afraid to wear them,and this was last year before the riots started.
Tom

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 10:10 AM

Is it caving if you don’t wear a mask but when asked to put one on you pull out your a Trump 2020 mask and put it on? I imagine that would really make most of them PO’ed.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 11:15 AM

What will you do if they make you wear eye protection ?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 11:21 AM

High priest Fauci, who probably hasn't "practiced" his medical skills in decades has recommended it.

Come to think about it; You ever talk to a trapper who learned all about trapping on YouTube? Hadn't really "practiced" much.
I would not follow their teaching.

Stay tuned for more Fauci statements.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 12:33 PM

Here's what happened in Brainerd, MN yesterday. Casey's general stores, if you are not from the Midwest is a huge chain of convenience stores that started in small towns in Iowa which in the 70s and 80s were losing their gas stations and grocery stores. Casey's had a business model that really worked and now there are over 1800 of them I'm told. Huge chain.

So yesterday in Brainerd, a person from the corporate headquarters walked into the Casey's without a mask and was not told to put on a mask so he fired the manager, who apparently said something to the affect that she was not a police officer and should not be put into the position of having to enforce the governor's laws. When she walked out, the entire staff left with her. He had to lock up the store until he got people from other stores to come staff it.

She is absolutely right. I hope they are able to find jobs soon.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 12:45 PM

That's the deall Bernie, Every business that get's it's license to operate from the state is afraid they are over a barrel, even though the constitutional battle could be fought and won in court. Here in town, the truck stop is not enforcing anything. Up at the bar, the owners were told (by someone from the state) that theyed be shutdown if the workers didnt mask up.
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 03:17 PM

But if they are wearing a mask, and assuming mask work like we are told, then why does it matter if I wear one or not. If masks are so effective then if you wear one you will never catch anything, even if a person with the virus walks past you with out one you will be safe cause masks are effective right.
I dont have an issue with people who feel the need to wear a mask doing so. The issue lies in telling me I have to wear one even though I am not sick.
If masks are so good then why do people with the virus have to quarantine for 2 weeks. Using the "scientific" crap the left and media funded scientist and doctors are feeding us. We can conclude that a person with Covid need only wear a mask when in public and everyone around them will be 100% safe from catching it. Come on ya'll wake up and smell the road apples and put down the koolaid.
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 03:28 PM

Straight from the FDA website. Another interesting fact is that the N95 masks that have the valve on them only filter air that is inhaled, when you exhale the valve opens and does not filter the exhaled air.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices...espirators-surgical-masks-and-face-masks

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Calvin

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 03:48 PM

I about never agree with govt mandates and how this has been handled and the damage that has been done is inexcusable...especially if you're a business owner. I don't trust Fauci as far as I can see that guy.

That said, I talked to 3 people in the last week that have had Covid (one a co worker that I worked next to...whew). The co worker (51) has been in bed for 15 days now. The paramedic (late 40s) was out of work for 2 solid months and had a rough go as well. The other guy (late 40s) said he was in bed for 19 days before it broke. A co workers father in law just died from it (sounds like it actually was Covid this time). He was 52 and in good heath. So Covid IS a real thing...Of course more real if you live or work in a densely populated area.

I was inside Hennepin County Medical Center last night. They didn't have enough beds for incoming patients due to all the Covid patients taking up rooms. I have to admit there were far more covid rooms than I would have expected.

Just an observation is all.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 04:15 PM

Calvin, kind of brings a guy back to reality. So many believe the virus is all joke. Being near a few million people in the metro area is sure a lot more different than living in a town near the Canadian border.
If wearing a mask helps stop even 1 person from becoming infected,it is worth it to me.
Now many will pooh pooh this,but this thing is real. Stay safe.
Tom
Posted By: Jarhead620

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 04:23 PM

Just wear one....

It won't kill ya!

X3 and it might kill someone else or yourself if you are too obstinate not to.
Posted By: hippie

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 04:28 PM

Wear them every flu season if your really concerned.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 04:53 PM

LOL,hippie, --most everyone at some time has gotten the flue.The flue also has a vaccine.The virus is more contagious than few. Those that die at a much lower rate from the flu than the virus.
But if you want to wear a mask for the flue--by all means ,do it.
Tom
Posted By: Snare loop

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 04:54 PM

Remember it's not a LAW it's a MANDATE.

I for one have never be involved in a MAN DATE nor can I be force to participate in a MAN DATE.

I know my writes.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 04:58 PM

Snare loop Man dates are for women .Writes are right.
Tom

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 04:59 PM

LOL,hippie, --most everyone at some time has gotten the flue.The flue also has a vaccine.The virus is more contagious than few. Those that die at a much lower rate from the flu than the virus.
But if you want to wear a mask for the flue--by all means ,do it.
Tom

Nothing to laugh about if your serious. Ask any nurse who works in a nursing home or hospital.
Someone falls and breaks a hip, catches the flu and dies. Happens alot.
Posted By: Snare loop

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 05:06 PM

Just having some fun. if I can't laugh these days i'm lost.

As long as I don't lose my individual liberty I'll be OK.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 05:06 PM

Hippie, I wasn't laughing about a death--never would. I was laughing about you being facetious about wearing a mask for covid.
Now if you are in fact, a serious proponent of wearing a mask for covid--then I have made a great mistake.
Tom

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 05:12 PM

My wife is a retired RNAC, ran a nursing home or two. Daughter is a nurses aid and is checking people for covid coming into a major hospital in Harrisburg Pa.

Both say if this requires a mask, flu should also. Just pointing out something for YOU to ponder since your the loudest voice for wearing one during this.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 05:16 PM

Thank you.
Tom

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 05:59 PM

Your welcome.

The flu, even with vaccines and decades of experience of treating it, itkills tens of thousands a year in the U.S.A. it also impacts a much greater age range as far as mortality.

As far as me being a proponent, I can't say I am. I wear one in places it's required or avoid them if possible, and don't where they're not. I rate this virus the same as the flu hence my recommendation above.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 06:14 PM

Calvin, kind of brings a guy back to reality. So many believe the virus is all joke. Being near a few million people in the metro area is sure a lot more different than living in a town near the Canadian border.
If wearing a mask helps stop even 1 person from becoming infected,it is worth it to me.
Tom

I will pooh pooh that lol. You have brought forth the mantra of the left, if I can save just 1 person, it's worth it. It's a crock of pooh that turns people from facts, from truth, and from Freedom. It turns them to disregard all that is right and just because they fell for a targeted emotion based claim.

Your claim that this is as real as we are being told, has no more validity than mine saying, this is pooh.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 06:21 PM

Tom

I don't think anyone believes this virus is a joke, but I guarantee you if this was not an election year, you would not have to wear a mask. And if you really think that wearing your facemask is helping others be safe and you are trying to keep one person from being infected that's also misdirected. If you don't have the virus you can't spread it so you don't need to wear a mask unless you have it. The best thing that could happen is for every healthy person to get the dang virus and get it over with so we can get on with our lives. The people who need to be protected, the persons in nursing homes and persons with pre-existing conditions. The rest of us don't need to wear a mask or need anyone else to wear a mask unless they are infected, and if they are, they shouldn't be out in public, mask or no mask.

So I can already hear the answer to that, "well, most people don't even know they are infected." Okay then, but when they want to defend the other side they say that "I know someone who was sick for two weeks and almost died!" Man guys use a little common sense. This is 99.9% political. Don't give me the "It's science!" argument either. SO far everyone I know who says that is picking and choosing the "Science" they want to believe and ignoring everything else.

Carry on.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 06:22 PM

I was in a mechanic shop yesterday, no one was wearing a mask. There was a sign that said, "If you are not wearing a mask we will assume you are exempt and we are not allowed to ask what condition you have that prevents you from wearing a mask."

Perfect.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 07:39 PM

So many Guarantees and I promise youzzzz. Its like listening to the politicians that are being talked about

Twists and turn ...dive and duck

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 08:21 PM

Tom

I live near the Canadian border, 250 people in my town, and 4500 in the county, I bet this guy from rocks and cows country interacts with more people from the metro on a weekly basis than you do. My problem isn't the mask, it's the government over reach that treats teh whole state like it's the same. It's also a governor who think's he can dictate to people and businesses and how they should live and operate.

If I were retired and had a compromised loved one at home and was so afraid of this I wouldn't leave the house but once a month other than medical appointments. there are plenty of options in an urban area to not have to interact with people.

Re: MN mask mandate - 07/31/20 08:24 PM

BTW I wear the mask since this mandate, not because I'm worried about the Covid but to protect the businesses that I patronize. Sad part is, at least for them, is that I've patronized less this week and I limiting myself even more once I've organized myself enough to limit it to once a week grocery shopping. It's likely I will do most of that in ND.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums