Home

Surgeon general says------

Posted By: Bogmaster

Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 07:47 PM

Just watched the President ,surgeon general was there--and guess what he said---Wear a mask. This was Fox news.
The surgeon general also stated---the average age of those donating blood and plasma--was over 60.Imagine that,I You would think it would be those in the best shape that were donating. Its the old farts looking to help their neighbors--with their blood.Should make the younger generations stop and think.
Tom
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 07:48 PM

Bout time those boomers stepped up and did something positive for a change.
Posted By: Cibarius

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 07:50 PM

Makes me think most blood drives around here are ran from 8am to 4pm. Not the most convenient for working age people.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 07:53 PM

Of course he said wear a mask

They have nothing else . Absolutely NOTHING

people need the government to give them something not NOTHING !

so a mask it is ....lol

I just heard fauchi (sp) says we need to cover our eyes now .......lol

Grasping at straws
Posted By: Kart29

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 08:18 PM

You definitely need to wear glasses or goggle with your mask if you are trying to protect yourself. Anyone wearing a mask for their own protection and not wearing glasses is a simpleton of the highest order.

But we've been told over and over again that masks are not for our own protection, but for the protection of others. You remember how they made a simple illustration about not peeing on someone else's leg to help us understand? Therefore, the needed glasses must also be required to prevent our tears from spreading our germs to others. There's no other logical explanation.

Unless logic has nothing to do with it. Which is probably most likely.

Unless our state legislatures do something to stop this, I think we will be living with mandatory mask rules for the rest of our lives. It's for the common good. frown
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 08:23 PM

He also said something about a disposable body wrap or some crap .

I'm not a 100% though because I only caught part of his spiel
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 08:30 PM

I might be the last person under 60 over 20 without a tattoo. each one is a year time out on donating blood.

also doesn't help that they don't want Gays , people who are sleep around a lot or Drug users to give blood.

makes for very few people with safe blood once you get through the screening questions.

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cibarius
Makes me think most blood drives around here are ran from 8am to 4pm. Not the most convenient for working age people.

that also , they should hold them at a bar from 5-9 , come in give blood and get token for free drink , you can leave loaded on one drink for free.

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kart29
You definitely need to wear glasses or goggle with your mask if you are trying to protect yourself. Anyone wearing a mask for their own protection and not wearing glasses is a simpleton of the highest order.

But we've been told over and over again that masks are not for our own protection, but for the protection of others. You remember how they made a simple illustration about not peeing on someone else's leg to help us understand? Therefore, the needed glasses must also be required to prevent our tears from spreading our germs to others. There's no other logical explanation.

Unless logic has nothing to do with it. Which is probably most likely.

Unless our state legislatures do something to stop this, I think we will be living with mandatory mask rules for the rest of our lives. It's for the common good. frown

the glasses could actually be for you so people don't spit in your eye.

or so that while you drive with your mask on and your glasses on they fog up you can't see the road and we can have an increase int he covid deaths for the day.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 09:36 PM

Most plasma donations are done for the $ it pays.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
I might be the last person under 60 over 20 without a tattoo. each one is a year time out on donating blood.

also doesn't help that they don't want Gays , people who are sleep around a lot or Drug users to give blood.

makes for very few people with safe blood once you get through the screening questions.

52 and no Tattoos (They're stupid) Check
Not gay Check
I don't sleep around at all. Check
I don't do drugs Check
Posted By: TC1

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 10:04 PM

There is also the fact GCP, that a tin foil hat with goggles and a mask is all the new rage. I don't care who says what, the fact remains that unless you are in a biohazard suit the micron sized particles that carry this virus are not being filtered out by a t-shirt over half your face. Come on people use your own mind. With that being said, you do what makes you feel comfortable. I'm fine with you, as long as you are fine with me.

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 11:22 PM

Marty donating means giving it away for free. I never got paid for donating blood and never expected payment.
Tom
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 11:24 PM

I have always donated blood.

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 11:26 PM

Pete, wearing a mask while driving????? The thought has never crossed my mind,and why would it.
I do have glasses,so eyes are already protected.
Tom
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 11:39 PM

LOL
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by TC1
There is also the fact GCP, that a tin foil hat with goggles and a mask is all the new rage. I don't care who says what, the fact remains that unless you are in a biohazard suit the micron sized particles that carry this virus are not being filtered out by a t-shirt over half your face. Come on people use your own mind. With that being said, you do what makes you feel comfortable. I'm fine with you, as long as you are fine with me.

People don't have their own mind anymore. They believe what the news tells them every night when they turn it on. Smh.

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/30/20 11:48 PM

Oh I do have a mind of my own,and I am using it now to refrain from getting a permanent vacation.
Tom
Posted By: We-Sa

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 12:01 AM

There's two more here in that age group without tattoos, my wife and I.

I meet all the requirements until they get to the question asking if I was in the UK in the 80's. Something about that mad cow thing.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Finster

Not gay Check
I don't do drugs Check

BORING!! grin
Posted By: BandB

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 12:10 AM

I used to give blood regularly. About 20 yrs ago, they sent me a notice that my blood had tested positive for one of the Heps. I immediately went to the doctor to get checked out. No hep, it was a false positive. They said it happens fairly often. However, I can no longer give. They take it, but then throw it in the trash. No need to get stuck just so they can throw it away.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cibarius

X2

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 12:15 AM

I signed up for the bone marrow donation registry through DKMS last summer, and was notified in December of 2019 that I was a match. Went through the secondary screening and everything was going smoothly until this coronavirus mess. I asked about whether or not I would be able to give plasma/blood while waiting to make the bone marrow donation and was told they prefer I didn't give any less than a month before the bone marrow procedure. But no word of when that might be. It would've been great timing while I was laid off for a month and a half, but nothing going on in my life is too important that I can't take a few days off to help save a life.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Finster

Not gay Check
I don't do drugs Check

X2
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 01:12 AM

Why do they need blood for corona virus?

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Just watched the President ,surgeon general was there--and guess what he said---Wear a mask. This was Fox news.
The surgeon general also stated---the average age of those donating blood and plasma--was over 60.Imagine that,I You would think it would be those in the best shape that were donating. Its the old farts looking to help their neighbors--with their blood.Should make the younger generations stop and think.
Tom

Oh I do have a mind of my own,and I am using it now to refrain from getting a permanent vacation.
Tom

You started this thread knowing it would cause this reaction. What was the point of letting people know that they need a mask? Everyone has heard that already. People don't always do as they are told. Oklahoma doesn't want to make mask mandatory, guess you hate that idea?

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 01:36 AM

Matt,I posted this as I was watching president Trump and the surgeon general. Most on here believe that the mask thing is only a democrat thing.
Thought the words of the surgeon general and President might show that face masks are not just for those who are democrats.
Tom
Posted By: countrygun

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 02:44 AM

I just went ahead and got a gas mask and filter cartridges, you know the works. I have read this book before and that is where this road ends up.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 02:55 AM

How are eye glasses protecting your eyes?

That's working about like the mask material is preventing the virus from passing thru.

Hope you "feel" protected...cause you ain't!
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 08:21 PM

Best I can count there are 16 "contributers to this thread.
I'm sure the blood centers will be happy to receive your call to donate.
You are all going to donate aren't you. Notice no QUESTION MARK
just
BTW they won't let me donate anymore due to my lymphoma
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
How are eye glasses protecting your eyes?

That's working about like the mask material is preventing the virus from passing thru.

Hope you "feel" protected...cause you ain't!

Yep. And Finster is a BS'r. I've heard tales over here in Ohio that he's pimpin himself out on the street corners for White Castle double cheese burgers. grin I'm not finding fault in the cheeseburgers cause I love them too. grin

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 11:18 PM

No comment. whistle till Monday. laugh
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 11:24 PM

This says it better then I can.

I was asked why I don’t take Covid and the mask situation seriously. I said that I do take the virus seriously. I believe there is a virus and that it is dangerous. But the people who are disseminating the information to us have a long, long track record of lying to and showing dismissive contempt for American citizens as a whole.

At one point, the disease was supposed to have a 5% death rate. The death rate has now been reduced to less than 1/3 of 1% worldwide. The truth is I’m not opposed to masks at all. Much like carrying a firearm, I don’t and won’t shame anyone for deciding to wear one or not. Sort of a “my body, my choice” situation I suppose.

However, when considering the trustworthiness of information coming from our politicians, I’ve been unable to reconcile the fact that 200,000 people protesting in the streets is met with little to no concern, but a bar, restaurant or hair salon with 10 people in it could be disastrous. The idea that a Trump rally of 18,000 people is a significant risk but a group of 20,000 students tearing down statues isn’t, leaves me perplexed.

Further, how could you possibly take anyone seriously who mandates that free citizens stay at home and wear masks in public but also calls for the acceptance of millions of immigrants entering our society illegally with no record of immunizations against more common and deadly diseases every day.

The truth is that our political “leaders,” just like with guns, drugs, our national debt or sex trafficking, have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about and no plan outside of what’s handed to them 6 seconds before they reach the podium.

So I choose to protect myself as I see fit. If anyone doesn’t like it, I’m ok with that. Just think of it as a “protest.” That seems to be ok with many people! Ok? Cool.

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 11:28 PM

Well said, Drifter, whoever said it.

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 11:32 PM

Ole Bog sure picks and chooses who he finds to comment with, chasin the odds I reckon. grin

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty

Girl
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 07/31/20 11:45 PM

Really, LOL people should actually know the real truth about things before also passing on more uneducated comments !!

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Drifter
This says it better then I can.

I was asked why I don’t take Covid and the mask situation seriously. I said that I do take the virus seriously. I believe there is a virus and that it is dangerous. But the people who are disseminating the information to us have a long, long track record of lying to and showing dismissive contempt for American citizens as a whole.

At one point, the disease was supposed to have a 5% death rate. The death rate has now been reduced to less than 1/3 of 1% worldwide. The truth is I’m not opposed to masks at all. Much like carrying a firearm, I don’t and won’t shame anyone for deciding to wear one or not. Sort of a “my body, my choice” situation I suppose.

However, when considering the trustworthiness of information coming from our politicians, I’ve been unable to reconcile the fact that 200,000 people protesting in the streets is met with little to no concern, but a bar, restaurant or hair salon with 10 people in it could be disastrous. The idea that a Trump rally of 18,000 people is a significant risk but a group of 20,000 students tearing down statues isn’t, leaves me perplexed.

Further, how could you possibly take anyone seriously who mandates that free citizens stay at home and wear masks in public but also calls for the acceptance of millions of immigrants entering our society illegally with no record of immunizations against more common and deadly diseases every day.

The truth is that our political “leaders,” just like with guns, drugs, our national debt or sex trafficking, have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about and no plan outside of what’s handed to them 6 seconds before they reach the podium.

So I choose to protect myself as I see fit. If anyone doesn’t like it, I’m ok with that. Just think of it as a “protest.” That seems to be ok with many people! Ok? Cool.

Exactly^^^
For anyone doubting just watch Dr. Fauci at the recent hearings dodge verbally condemning the protest gatherings after he has been on record condemning dating and attending sporting events. He finally did say all groupings were risky but the legislator had to pull that out of him....WHY???

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Catch22
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty

Girl

cool
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Matt28

Red cross is always short on blood donations. Because of the virus fears, collection efforts have been hurt greatly. The people that have jobs or were essential worked didn't have time to donate blood and the people staying home didn't want to get out of the house.
Posted By: Duckie1

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 12:49 AM

If the masks and face shields work then why did so many health care workers get sick while wearing them? Medical studies in the US and other countries have shown that Covid can aerosolize that means it moves on air currents freely and lands on everything.

How long until we are back to it being transferable from surfaces? Seems like we are just going in circles.

The object was to not swamp hospitals that hasn't happened, it was never possible to stop transmission.

So, if it is following a pattern the northern half of the country should expect to be hit around December, since cold weather will force many indoors as the hot weathers is doing now in the south. JMO

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
Originally Posted by Matt28

Red cross is always short on blood donations. Because of the virus fears, collection efforts have been hurt greatly. The people that have jobs or were essential worked didn't have time to donate blood and the people staying home didn't want to get out of the house.

Thanks. I was thinking that they needed the blood for the virus for some reason.
Posted By: Duckie1

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 01:35 AM

Also, most blood drives take place at schools and churches, both have been essentially closed since march in many areas.

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Duckie1

How long until we are back to it being transferable from surfaces? Seems like we are just going in circles.

The object was to not swamp hospitals that hasn't happened, it was never possible to stop transmission.

So, if it is following a pattern the northern half of the country should expect to be hit around December, since cold weather will force many indoors as the hot weathers is doing now in the south. JMO

This^^^

...is whats gonna happen.....

Its not possible to stop transmission ^^^^^

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 01:45 AM

c atch 22 I haven't commented or even read all the responces------my reason my wifes health.At the moment ,the most pressing issue is her eye sight. the cataract on her right eye needs to be removed,her vision in that eye is very poor.The vision in her left eye has been compromised by the movement of the lens ,from the cataract surgery she had on that eye,5 years ago.The slippage of the lens has allowed a cloudiness condition to take place behind the lens.Stitches must be placed to keep the lens from slipping further,where it could actually move so far that the surgeon would have to search for it.He will then use a laser to remove the cloudiness,then the lens situation will be dealt with. After that eye has recovered ,the cataract will be removed from the other eye. I attend all of her doctors visits ,so between the two of us,we can get a better handle for what is going on. My wife is a voracious reader,right now she is having a real hard time not being able to do that at the level she was used to.
If that were her only health issue,life would be much easier,but it isn't.
I have to work on thimgs for the kids forum this evening. So it may be tomorrow before I respond to any hammering on here.
As I have said before,my wifes health is the main reason I have become so concerned with wearing a mask ,if it helps in any way from her contracting the virus I will do it. There is no way she would survive if she contracted it.
And after almost 46 years of putting up with me and my trapping addiction,she deserves everything I can do for her.
Tom

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 01:48 AM

c atch 22 I haven't commented or even read all the responces------my reason my wifes health.At the moment ,the most pressing issue is her eye sight. the cataract on her right eye needs to be removed,her vision in that eye is very poor.The vision in her left eye has been compromised by the movement of the lens ,from the cataract surgery she had on that eye,5 years ago.The slippage of the lens has allowed a cloudiness condition to take place behind the lens.Stitches must be placed to keep the lens from slipping further,where it could actually move so far that the surgeon would have to search for it.He will then use a laser to remove the cloudiness,then the lens situation will be dealt with. After that eye has recovered ,the cataract will be removed from the other eye. I attend all of her doctors visits ,so between the two of us,we can get a better handle for what is going on. My wife is a voracious reader,right now she is having a real hard time not being able to do that at the level she was used to.
I have to work on thimgs for the kids forum this evening. So it may be tomorrow before I respond to any hammering on here.
As I have said before,my wifes health is the main reason I have become so concerned with wearing a mask ,if it helps in any way from her contracting the virus I will do it. There is no way she would survive if she contracted it.
And after almost 46 years of putting up with me and my trapping addiction,she deserves everything I can do for her.
Tom

Stay safe Bogmaster. I would try everything i thought would help in your situation. Hope your wife gets better.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 02:20 AM

Pete, wearing a mask while driving????? The thought has never crossed my mind,and why would it.
I do have glasses,so eyes are already protected.
Tom

How do you figure? If you breath in the virus particles, the glasses ensure they go right up your mask and into your eyes.

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 02:41 AM

Tom

Fellers like you Tom, really P me off. You wanna post and go blah blah blah and that's cool, but then. If your Ladies health is compromised then stop posting and focus on her as you should. Take care of your Lady, this is your thread, your the OP. I can not stand how you think but respect that you have to do what ya gotta do and I'm sure it's mutual. So, put her first and we can scratch each others eyeballs out later. I will pray y'all come out ok.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 02:52 AM

... there’s something very wrong with you catch
Posted By: Savell

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Catch22
Tom

Fellers like you Tom, really P me off. You wanna post and go blah blah blah and that's cool, but then. If your Ladies health is compromised then stop posting and focus on her as you should. Take care of your Lady, this is your thread, your the OP. I can not stand how you think but respect that you have to do what ya gotta do and I'm sure it's mutual. So, put her first and we can scratch each others eyeballs out later. I will pray y'all come out ok.

...... and sleepy face next to catch22’s name ... very convenient
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 03:55 AM

Bogmaster Tom, I understand just how you feel.

I am exactly the same way for my V. N. veteran , and do anything to keep health and vigor my primary concern. I have a soft place in my heart for all veterans , and those generations , regardless.

All my best to you and yours . Needed doc appointments still need to carry on in progress , and they can .
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Surgeon general says------ - 08/01/20 02:32 PM

I am fortunate to live within 30 miles of a Blood Center of WI or now Versiti blood center. I give a triple unit of platelets monthly now. For several years while working full time I gave a triple twice per month. Yes many drives are from during the day at the designated sites. but the center has flexible hours that allow donations if you plan your donations. I had open heart surgery to replace a defective aortic valve but the surgeon was able to get me able to give again as the material used was a piece of bovine pericardium. If you want to give blood you can find a way that works for you. I started giving when I was 19 and have for the last 54 years when I could. With three surgeries I had about 2 years when I could not give out of those years, and yes when I give I am required to wear a mask so that may be a detraction for some.

Bryce
© 2024 Trapperman Forums