Home

New England guys

Posted By: Bob_Iowa

New England guys - 07/31/20 12:16 AM

Everyone up needs to be careful the way it sounds.

https://www.savingseafood.org/news/...ite-sharks-have-returned-to-new-england/
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 12:18 AM

Wow not good.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 12:24 AM

"conservation success story"

Because the only measure of success seems to be the population of large predators that compete with and hunt humans.

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 12:30 AM

No it isn’t Bruce, Donner this article was one of the shortest to the point of sharks begin in New England I could find.

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
No it isn’t Bruce, Donner this article was one of the shortest to the point of sharks begin in New England I could find.

I'm not criticizing you for posting the article. I am just sick of that narrative that keeps being pushed. I feel its a narrative pushed to help force us into passive management of wildlife and habitat.

Personally ide like to see alot more Montana Grizz being skun and ide take a bowl of white shark soup from New England.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

I'm not criticizing you for posting the article. I am just sick of that narrative that keeps being pushed. I feel its a narrative pushed to help force us into passive management of wildlife and habitat.

Personally ide like to see alot more Montana Grizz being skun and ide take a bowl of white shark soup from New England.

Yes indeed!

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 12:43 AM

It’s all good, been a long day I’m a little edgy.

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 12:58 AM

Lol.....theres a reason why I won't swim in the ocean or wade out past my ankles on the beach.I watched jaws when I was a kid.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 01:01 AM

The water is so cold in July....you need a wet suit to swim in it.....or have just the right amount of Beeahs in yah

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
The water is so cold in July....you need a wet suit to swim in it.....or have just the right amount of Beeahs in yah

Yep and look like a seal with that wetsuit on.No thanks.I will pass.
Posted By: proratman

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
Lol.....theres a reason why I won't swim in the ocean or wade out past my ankles on the beach.I watched jaws when I was a kid.

Plus the water is only warms up to 58 degrees most of the time in Maine.

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 01:05 AM

You telling me you wouldn't try this?
[Linked Image]

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 01:06 AM

You telling me you wouldn't try this?
[Linked Image]

Nope.No way...... shocked
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 01:55 AM

Moral of the story is to not dress like a seal, sadly.

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 10:53 PM

I got thinking I shouldn’t have posted this because now we will see nessmuck, BruceT, and scuba in nessmuck’s canoe using BruceT’s fishing poles and scuba’s knowledge of shark fishing, trying to catch a great white shark. laugh
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: New England guys - 07/31/20 10:59 PM

Let the show begin!!!
Posted By: mushfoot

Re: New England guys - 08/01/20 12:30 AM

someone needs a bang stick

Re: New England guys - 08/01/20 01:05 AM

I got thinking I shouldn’t have posted this because now we will see nessmuck, BruceT, and scuba in nessmuck’s canoe using BruceT’s fishing poles and scuba’s knowledge of shark fishing, trying to catch a great white shark. laugh

3 stooges vs Great White, ide order the paper view.

Re: New England guys - 08/01/20 01:08 AM

Watch this youtube video of a Great White encounter, see if you would have the pair to do what this girl does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-1xU0VfJ-g
Posted By: Co�s

Re: New England guys - 08/01/20 01:27 AM

Because the only measure of success seems to be the population of large predators that compete with and hunt humans.

Eh... the ocean is a big place. Their prey is back, which IS a conservation success story. We need to support functioning food webs, you can’t pick and choose to let parts of the puzzle exist but throw out others. If the food is there, something will be there to eat it.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: New England guys - 08/01/20 02:15 AM

I heard about this earlier. Not a shark fan at all. If you need info out of me don’t worry about waterboarding me just put me in open water with my toes dangling and I confess all my sins. Flatlander thing I guess. I’d rather kiss a rattlesnake.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: New England guys - 08/01/20 02:20 AM

Watch this youtube video of a Great White encounter, see if you would have the pair to do what this girl does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-1xU0VfJ-g

Yep, hers are bigger. No thanks

Re: New England guys - 08/01/20 02:33 AM

3 stooges vs Great White, ide order the paper view.

[Linked Image]

Let’s Gooooooooo...... and then we will strap it to the side of the Freighter....and drag it to shore

Re: New England guys - 08/01/20 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Coös

Eh... the ocean is a big place. Their prey is back, which IS a conservation success story. We need to support functioning food webs, you can’t pick and choose to let parts of the puzzle exist but throw out others. If the food is there, something will be there to eat it.

I don't want to see them wiped out but it is reasonably easy to control apex predator populations and the effects they have. When you have animals that are an ever present danger and start to drastically change how humans interact with the environment then it's time to reassess the number of those predators that exist.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: New England guys - 08/01/20 04:07 AM

Wow not good.

Curious,because I know nothing about sharks,other than I wouldn't swim in the ocean.Do you have sharks on Maine's coast,or is that considered too far north?
Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: New England guys - 08/01/20 04:33 AM

Sounds to me like there is now a harvestable surplus.

Re: New England guys - 08/01/20 08:19 AM

Just watched Tucker Carlson,he ran a story where a woman was killed by a great white off the Maine coast.Guess that answered my question.

Re: New England guys - 08/02/20 06:58 PM

Re: New England guys - 08/02/20 11:29 PM

Gonna need a bigger boat. grin

Re: New England guys - 08/02/20 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
Just watched Tucker Carlson,he ran a story where a woman was killed by a great white off the Maine coast.Guess that answered my question.

White sharks range as far north as Alaska and they can be found there year round in open water, their northern range is limited only by prey. They also do not care for Orcas as Orcas will actively hunt and kill them.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: New England guys - 08/02/20 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)

White sharks range as far north as Alaska and they can be found there year round in open water, their northern range is limited only by prey. They also do not care for Orcas as Orcas will actively hunt and kill them.

push your glasses up. grin
Posted By: Posco

Re: New England guys - 08/03/20 12:17 AM

I avoided sewer drains on my way home from the movies that night.

Re: New England guys - 08/03/20 01:14 PM

I asked the question because all the stories you ever hear about sharks are south.Never hear of them up north.Interesting.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums