Home

Too many veggies? Try this.

Posted By: Finster

Too many veggies? Try this. - 07/31/20 02:46 PM

We usually plant a big garden. Much more than the wife and I need. I just like to garden. If you find yourself with more fresh produce than you can use, be it veggies, apples, pears, or other fruit, look into your local food bank. A quick google search will probably turn one up close to you. I just donated two large baskets of zukes this morning and they were ecstatic to get them. I usually take up the extras from the garden as it comes in and it's always welcomed.
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Too many veggies? Try this. - 07/31/20 02:54 PM

great suggestion Finster

we have a local "community club" in our rural community which often takes extras to elderly or others in need.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Too many veggies? Try this. - 07/31/20 03:18 PM

Wife brings em to our local food bank all the time. They can't get enough of our cukes, but I sure had enough of them
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Too many veggies? Try this. - 07/31/20 03:24 PM

Very generous to do. There's a thrift store down the road with a huge community garden next to it, and people still bring their excess produce to drop off there anyway, along with firewood, and of course all kinds of clothes and furniture. It is a nice place to have. Small towns are generous that way. Helping each other in need.
Posted By: lady123

Re: Too many veggies? Try this. - 07/31/20 04:20 PM

I take most of my extra to the firehouse on tuesday nights it dont last long and if i have more i take it to work it leaves there too.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums