Home

The view from my office (today)

Posted By: Leftlane

The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 05:00 PM

Claim is for over 1 million bushel at 3 different elevators down here on the Rio Grande

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 05:28 PM

and the price of hog feed drops in TX today 3 million bushel being rushed to sale
Posted By: Savell

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 05:35 PM

.. watch your step Lefty lol
Posted By: Woodsloafer72

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 05:44 PM

Don't slip. The fall might be fun, but that landing could be kind of hard on a fella.
Posted By: hippie

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 05:47 PM

You gotta wear a parachute for an easy way down
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 05:49 PM

You need to grow up Lefty. Yesterday you had to hide naked under someones deck. Today you get chased up a grain elevator. Whats next ??
Posted By: Catch22

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
You need to grow up Lefty. Yesterday you had to hide naked under someones deck. Today you get chased up a grain elevator. Whats next ??

Jumpin out a back bedroom window of a double wide being chased by a crazy women cause he was well, tradin baseball cards with her husband. grin

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 06:32 PM

A couple nights ago at least one or two trappers were concerned that I was up at 2 am.

these 14 or 15 million dollar grain claims can have you up all night but the breeze at 180 ft feels amazing even on the hottest day in the RGV

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 06:36 PM

For those of you who are wondering what happened it was a tornado or series of tornados spawned inland from Hurricane Hanna. Each section of a tank lid is shapped like a piece of pie- there are several laying beside the tracks, a couple landed on the scale house, and a couple more at stuck in the sand dunes out on So Padre Island

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
You gotta wear a parachute for an easy way down

Real men slide down the telescoping boom and say wheeeeeee all the way to the bottom. whistle
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 07:33 PM

Cat on a hot vhf tin roof

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 07:40 PM

just moisture check some stuff from the dry side of the bin and sell it to china quick , blame it on the ocean when it gets there rotten.

in a bit more seriousness could it be salvaged with a run through the grain dryer if it was done soon , never herd of running a dryer in the summer , wonder how it would work?

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 08:19 PM

Well if he got it wet enough its time to build a big still. grin

Lefty you should come here and bring that corn with you. I know a couple of folks that will turn that into "" cough ""' hand sanitizer in a couple of weeks. While ya wait ya don't have to climb any of those pig feeders to have a bit of a view. Just sit in a lawn chair and lean back.

[Linked Image]

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 08:21 PM

Rete
That is what they are trying to do- they have another facility at Progresso and a dryer at Palo Alto so if they can get it done before it starts smoking the cost is about .25 / bu.

If it starts smoking it will usually explode w/i 3 days if not mitigated properly and that is when it gets interesting

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 08:23 PM

You just made my missing Black Mountain even worse.

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Rete
That is what they are trying to do- they have another facility at Progresso and a dryer at Palo Alto so if they can get it done before it starts smoking the cost is about .25 / bu.

If it starts smoking it will usually explode w/i 3 days if not mitigated properly and that is when it gets interesting

I wondered seems everyone here has a dryer it would be how much capacity they have to dry it

moving that kind of freight is hard to do fast , people don't realize how booked out rails get. the company my wife used to work for built a gain facility with a spur , then shipping picked up and now they can hardly get a train in or out of the facility because all the time on the main line is booked

it might be faster to bring in a dryer in some cases and only have to get 1 bin empty
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 09:16 PM

i fix grain bin roofs pm me if ya need a quote

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Hydropillar
i fix grain bin roofs pm me if ya need a quote

Can I call you if the 161,000 bu in bin 8 starts smokin in the morning LOL.

The roof repairs are already in progress- it is getting the corn dried down 1.5% before bad things occur that is pressing but thanks.

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 09:28 PM

Drama queen lol.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 09:37 PM

Well if he got it wet enough its time to build a big still. grin

Lefty you should come here and bring that corn with you. I know a couple of folks that will turn that into "" cough ""' hand sanitizer in a couple of weeks. While ya wait ya don't have to climb any of those pig feeders to have a bit of a view. Just sit in a lawn chair and lean back.

[Linked Image]

Looks like them rabbits is cooking coffee again scuba.

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 09:39 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 09:40 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 09:43 PM

Some ppl post a lot but it becomes obvious they have no understanding of what the moisture can do especially in 100+ heat.

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 10:45 PM

Well ya won't have snow on top of them bins if they got wet enough. Don't know about corn but wheat is a (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to cut out once it gets going. we spent days pulling the burning and smoldering lumps apart and it takes a lot of water. When ya think its done that crap will start of in another spot.Big hay barns are no fun either .... don't ask me how I know that
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 11:06 PM

The bins look like they were kinda rough to begin with, the worst part in a corn bin is the fines, pure shelled corn water can move though pretty easily without absorbing much, but in those bins you have a lot of fines that works like floor dry. In a bind which I would say they are in you take the corn out of the bin and dump it on the ground to spread it out so the heat can dissipate.

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 11:10 PM

Some ppl post a lot but it becomes obvious they have no understanding of what the moisture can do especially in 100+ heat.

Awe. I can give you my number if'n ya need a shoulder to cry on. grin

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 11:22 PM

Do you need a midol?

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 11:28 PM

Do you need a midol?

Stop fighting it, your ok.

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 11:46 PM

So .... is the price of tacos going to go up if you don't save the corn in those bins ???
Posted By: Drifter

Re: The view from my office (today) - 07/31/20 11:46 PM

Somebody is expecting a lot out of that cable where cut the bolt heads off. I built bins for a couple years. Last big job was on did 1,400,000 bushel in one spot was 29 bins total.

Corn burns dang hot and is tough to put out.

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 12:03 AM

That is just a temp repair because the owner operators got sick of bolt heads popping of like AK rounds LOL
Posted By: Savell

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 12:05 AM

... probably about as accurate too lol

... stay safe ol hand

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 12:26 AM

That is just a temp repair because the owner operators got sick of bolt heads popping of like AK rounds LOL

Your like a itty bitty in a big ole biggie. No wonder you use a font. Bless your heart!

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 01:16 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 01:25 AM

laugh
Posted By: cotton

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 03:28 PM

[Linked Image]

Can't figure out who should be the maddest
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 04:01 PM

How would they transport all that corn to the driers?

There was a fire a few years ago in one of the Brown feed bins. About 6,000 bushels lit up.

[Linked Image]

The corn there is brought in via semi trucks in late summer each year. Lots of semi's parked for a mile or more waiting to get unloaded.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 04:03 PM

A buddy had a fire in a silo earlier this year. There wasn't much silage left in it but the fire got hot enough to bust up the concrete wall inside.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 04:14 PM

safe farmers save 40 percent.
Posted By: cotton

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 04:15 PM

Makes the elevator I use to work on look toy sized, it was 65feet to the turnhead

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 04:16 PM

thats 64 ft too high for me.
Posted By: waggler

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 04:16 PM

Claim is for over 1 million bushel at 3 different elevators down here on the Rio Grande

[Linked Image]

"Hill country"... where?

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 04:17 PM

i'd have a tough time callin them knolls.

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 05:20 PM

Waggler I live about 20 miles outside New Braunfels but I am working Hidalgo Co tornado claims right now.

They pay me good for border patrollin

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 11:01 PM

Potter Co the higher you get the more fun you have. That's what the older boys always told me anyway

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 11:03 PM

Nope Lefty ... Climbing up those wind turbines 3 times a day get to your knees after a while.

Re: The view from my office (today) - 08/01/20 11:08 PM

Climbing is for young men- thats why I have Raul and his magic man lifter LOL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums