Home

Mountain lion in town

Posted By: DWC

Mountain lion in town - 08/01/20 02:58 AM

I dont have facebook or id post the link to a pic someone sent me. No clue how to post pics, never done it. Anyway, go to the facebook page for Yankton SD police dept and check out the pic of a mt lion cruising a property, must be on a blink camera in town. Very light out and its following the shadow line from the next door house. Guess they thought it was a field edge. Cool pic.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Mountain lion in town - 08/01/20 03:21 AM

Posted By: snowy

Re: Mountain lion in town - 08/01/20 03:26 AM

Seems to be happening more often these days. I hear and read about them wandering through towns and caught on camera or people getting a picture of them.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Mountain lion in town - 08/01/20 03:47 AM

We have had them right in town the last 3 years , but no has put anything on social media yet this year.
2 years ago i seen a pair of kittens in the back field so you know the mother wasn't far away.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Mountain lion in town - 08/01/20 05:47 PM

Several years ago the pd in yankton shot a younger one that was in town, hiding under a camper. I think they may have had to buy a camper after that as well. That cat is mounted in the library.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Mountain lion in town - 08/01/20 10:59 PM

Do they taste like chicken?
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Mountain lion in town - 08/01/20 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

In my opinion they kinda do!

Moosetrot
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Mountain lion in town - 08/01/20 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

More like taste and consistency of pork IME. But I can only go by Idaho born and bred ones, not South Dakotans.
Posted By: Larry Bowden

Re: Mountain lion in town - 08/02/20 12:11 AM

Mountain lion sightings are so frequent in the Black Hills of SD that unless they are close to a school they aren't even news worthy anymore.
And yes they do taste kind of like chicken when deep fried!
Posted By: waggler

Re: Mountain lion in town - 08/02/20 12:19 AM

Kind of a cross between turkey and pork imo, one of the best eating wild critters out there.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Mountain lion in town - 08/02/20 10:01 PM

Ok now I am hungry reading all this- I bet Raul's wife could make a mean lion and cheese burrito- she is every bit as wide as she is tall!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Mountain lion in town - 08/02/20 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
Kind of a cross between turkey and pork imo, one of the best eating wild critters out there.

Almost as Good as coastal browns .- wouldnt you say Mark?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums