Home

Explain Texans to me.

Posted By: PAskinner

Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 01:41 AM

So this guy from Texas moves in down the road on a nice little piece of land, house in the woods...and they first thing he does is cut all the trees down. Then he put what looks like tin foil in all the windows. What's up with that?
So now the place looks like a waste land with no shade trees. Nice guy, I guess...maybe it makes sense in Texas, but here is PA we generally like some shade to sit in and we like to see out our windows. I know there has to be a Texan here who can make this make sense for me.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 01:42 AM

no cover for the swat team when they raid his meth lab
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by PAskinner
So this guy from Texas moves in down the road on a nice little piece of land, house in the woods...and they first thing he does is cut all the trees down.

probably got a taste of the deer flies....
Posted By: Savell

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 01:46 AM

... that hand may have stopped off in Texas... but he ain’t no Texan if he’s living amongst Yankees on purpose lol

.... and yeah ... there’s liable to be a skillet full of meth in there
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 01:49 AM

Might be turnin the building into a big smoke house with all the foil, and,needed the wood for the smoker. ?? If you see him pull in with a truck load of Brisket youl know for sure. smile
Posted By: ETexTrapper

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 02:04 AM

Meth lab
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 02:05 AM

Trees and greenery scare the shorts off of them Texans. They can't sleep unless its wide open. The tin foils is what the poor folks do to reflect the heat.
Posted By: B. Shope

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 02:06 AM

here i sit you can figure the rest
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 02:07 AM

I see tinfoil around here to keep the summer sun out. Or, could be aluminiminimum foil.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 02:13 AM

There ain't no explaining texicans. Us southerners keep them around because they're good to have around in a fight but you'll notice we got a big river between us and them and the crazy cajuns.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 02:16 AM

I saw a guy park an anhydrous tank right beside a trailer house on Hwy 6 just a few miles outside Holdrege NE. I made the prediction immediately and he was busted a couple months later. He was a dope.
In my hometown a fella was caught trying to drill a hole in the bottom of a anhydrous tank with a cordless drill. Luckily for him he was caught before he made it.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
There ain't no explaining texicans. Us southerners keep them around because they're good to have around in a fight but you'll notice we got a big river between us and them and the crazy cajuns.

... agreed...us deep rooted ones have never been “right in the head”.... thankfully
Posted By: Co�s

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 02:28 AM

If was getting into setting up meth production on a piece of land the last thing I’d do is cut all the trees off it. Maybe just some of them to make the privacy fences you see constructed of brush, tires, pallets and erosion fabric up here.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 02:39 AM

Maybe cut the trees to pay for the place. Tinfoil on the windows will keep the house cooler...seeing how he has no shade now. Plus it keeps nosey neighbors from spying on him...
Posted By: Ole

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 03:28 AM

The tin foil might be to keep the government or aliens from beaming signals into his brain. Some people just have tin hats but maybe he isn't taking any chances.
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 03:48 AM

I would suggest that you stay far away from him.

If he moved from Texas to PA he has to be crazy.
Posted By: woodtick

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 07:25 AM

Seems like it wasn't that many years ago that tin foil hats were all the rage on this forum
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 07:50 AM

Everybody from the city, we call them citiots, that move out to our neck of the woods cut down all the trees too. Maybe he's one of them. The tin foil? well that's anybodys guess

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
Everybody from the city, we call them citiots, that move out to our neck of the woods cut down all the trees too. Maybe he's one of them. The tin foil? well that's anybodys guess

Funny....opposite here. People from the city here have twisted driveways and trees growing right close to their place. If you're actually from up here you dont have a tree within failing distance of your place and a nice straight easy to plow driveway and get in and out.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 11:06 AM

Same here!

First thing they do is cut down all their shade.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ole
The tin foil might be to keep the government or aliens from beaming signals into his brain. Some people just have tin hats but maybe he isn't taking any chances.

We were at an Auction in ND 1985 and an old couple had their house done up like that... even the interior walls

They said to prevent Aliens from abducting them.

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by Ole

We were at an Auction in ND 1985 and an old couple had their house done up like that... even the interior walls

Well they made it to the convention didnt they?
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by hippie

Same here!

First thing they do is cut down all their shade.

I have seen this several times. Buy the wooded lot instead of the field lot next to it and rave they got the woods for the same price. Then work their hind end off for a few years clearing it and putting in a garden. They always think they want wooda then start cutting it down. They would be better off buying the field and planting the few trees they really want where they want them. I just shake my head.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 11:24 AM

Don't know what came of them^^^

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 12:36 PM

I don't think he's from the city. Guess he's getting mules.

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Trees and greenery scare the shorts off of them Texans. They can't sleep unless its wide open. The tin foils is what the poor folks do to reflect the heat.

This sort of makes sense. But I figure it's way cooler here on average than it is in Texas. Plus, if he had of kept the trees, there would be no sun to reflect.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
no cover for the swat team when they raid his meth lab

^^^^THIS is a strong possibility

Originally Posted by Savell
... that hand may have stopped off in Texas... but he ain’t no Texan if he’s living amongst Yankees on purpose lol

.... and yeah ... there’s liable to be a skillet full of meth in there

100% correct on this wink
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Explain Texans to me. - 08/06/20 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by Ole

Well,,,have Aliens abducted them yet?? I didn't think so. They were smarter than you thought. grin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums