Home

Somebody Go Check On Your Brother....

Posted By: Pike River

Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 11:49 AM

I guess he really was adamant about not wearing a mask.....

"When a cigar shop clerk told Adam Zaborowski on Friday he had to wear a mask in the shop, the 35-year-old angrily refused. Instead, he grabbed two stogies, stormed outside — and then pulled a handgun and shot at the clerk, Bethlehem Township, Pa., police said.

The next day, cornered near his home, Zaborowski allegedly fired at police with an AK-47, sparking a wild shootout with at least seven officers that ended with him shot multiple times and under arrest.

The case is the latest violent incident tied to arguments over mandatory mask orders. But Zaborowski’s reaction was driven by his own intense difficulty with the pandemic, his attorney claimed.

“He just wasn’t dealing well with the loss of his job, the loss of his child, just not handling the pandemic well,” John Waldron told the Express-Times on Sunday, while noting those factors didn’t justify his violent conduct. “I think he was getting stretched too tight.”

Zaborowski’s alleged rampage started Friday morning at Cigars International in Bethlehem Township, where he adamantly argued he didn’t have to wear a mask, even after a clerk offered to serve him curbside.
Instead, Zaborowski pulled out a sheet of paper to point out a line in Pennsylvania state law that he insisted proved he didn’t have to wear a mask.

The next morning, police and state troopers were waiting to arrest Zaborowski outside his home in Slatington, Pa., when he hopped in a truck and drove off, police told the Express-Times. When they stopped him nearby, he jumped out of the vehicle and started firing at police with the AK-47 and a semiautomatic handgun, the Morning Call reported.
“Both the Slatington Borough officer and troopers returned fire and struck Zaborowski,” State Trooper Nathan Branosky said in a news release.
Zaborowski was hit in the buttocks and leg, Waldron said, and is expected to recover.
“The fact that he got shot twice with non-life-threatening injures when he had an AK-47 and another handgun, Adam is very fortunate he ended up the way he did,” Waldron told the Express-Times.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 11:52 AM

Nobody on the national level seems to be talking about the mental health impact of this situation.

Very well could be the cure is worse than the illness for many people.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 12:17 PM

mental health has been ignored forever.no use starting now.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 12:29 PM

They call it "the echo of c-19"
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2

They wouldn't take u back!!! 😆 laugh

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 12:49 PM

Doesnt Finister live near Bethlehem? Anyone hear from him?
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 12:57 PM

No he's on the other side of the state.
Posted By: Art S

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 12:58 PM

He lives closer to it than you , laugh
other side of the state .

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 12:59 PM

Beat me to it Elk .

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 01:02 PM

Doubt these will be the last bullets flying because of this mess ,
wait til they hold you down to stick a needle in your arm .
Hope I'm wrong .
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 01:15 PM

Sounds like eastern European privilege to me.

I think they should shoot him a couple more times.

You dont terrorize the cigar distributors. Its like cardinal rule no.1.
Posted By: Kart29

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 01:20 PM

There's some days I feel like I'm going to flip out over all this mess, too.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 01:25 PM

Getting shot will fix your " mental health problem " ....lol
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2

True words there!
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kart29
There's some days I feel like I'm going to flip out over all this mess, too.

Not that I would wish death or illness on anyone and I certainly feel for those negatively impacted but other then the worry it has caused over the safety of my elderly parents, I'm thriving over this life changing event. I like the solitude, challenges to become even more independent and live closer to nature, it has made me closer to the people who are most important to me and it's been nothing but beneficial financially for me personally.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
Nobody on the national level seems to be talking about the mental health impact of this situation.

Very well could be the cure is worse than the illness for many people.

He must have been white since he apparently don't matter.
Posted By: dkrug

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 03:22 PM

Think he was asking for a suicide by cops.
More common than you would think.

https://healthresearchfunding.org/surprising-suicide-cop-statistics/
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

"When a cigar shop clerk told Adam Zaborowski on Friday he had to wear a mask in the shop, the 35-year-old angrily refused. Instead, he grabbed two stogies, stormed outside — and then pulled a handgun and shot at the clerk, Bethlehem Township, Pa., police said.

The next day, cornered near his home, Zaborowski allegedly fired at police with an AK-47, sparking a wild shootout with at least seven officers that ended with him shot multiple times and under arrest.

The case is the latest violent incident tied to arguments over mandatory mask orders. But Zaborowski’s reaction was driven by his own intense difficulty with the pandemic, his attorney claimed.

“He just wasn’t dealing well with the loss of his job, the loss of his child, just not handling the pandemic well,” John Waldron told the Express-Times on Sunday, while noting those factors didn’t justify his violent conduct. “I think he was getting stretched too tight.”

Zaborowski’s alleged rampage started Friday morning at Cigars International in Bethlehem Township, where he adamantly argued he didn’t have to wear a mask, even after a clerk offered to serve him curbside.
Instead, Zaborowski pulled out a sheet of paper to point out a line in Pennsylvania state law that he insisted proved he didn’t have to wear a mask.

The next morning, police and state troopers were waiting to arrest Zaborowski outside his home in Slatington, Pa., when he hopped in a truck and drove off, police told the Express-Times. When they stopped him nearby, he jumped out of the vehicle and started firing at police with the AK-47 and a semiautomatic handgun, the Morning Call reported.
“Both the Slatington Borough officer and troopers returned fire and struck Zaborowski,” State Trooper Nathan Branosky said in a news release.
Zaborowski was hit in the buttocks and leg, Waldron said, and is expected to recover.
“The fact that he got shot twice with non-life-threatening injures when he had an AK-47 and another handgun, Adam is very fortunate he ended up the way he did,” Waldron told the Express-Times.

How come they only wounded the white guy? Is this the new process after the recent riots or is this some of the privilege spoken about at Universities?
Posted By: Finster

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 03:46 PM

Doesnt Finister live near Bethlehem? Anyone hear from him?

I wouldn't have missed.

Re: Somebody Go Check On Your Brother.... - 08/06/20 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

How come they only wounded the white guy? Is this the new process after the recent riots or is this some of the privilege spoken about at Universities?

Maybe that particular department had better training or werent shaking in their boots like they would if it was a black person resulting in extraordinary force. whistle
© 2024 Trapperman Forums