Home

Not all country boys caen survive

Posted By: adam m

Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 03:08 AM

Rofl laugh
"Country singer" gets lost on his 30 acres with 2 others, calls another "country singer" for rescue. Country singer and friend find the 3 then all 5 get lost. All while on 30 acres. laugh

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.co...raight-on-getting-lost-in-the-woods/amp/
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 03:12 AM

laugh
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 03:24 AM

Your definition of a country boy and mine differ that is all Im gonna say
Posted By: adam m

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

Lol
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 03:53 AM

I ride herd on 720 acres, some I live on, some within a mile of home, some 3 to 5 miles away, and I know every inch of it. laugh

Charlie
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 04:11 AM

Yep!!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 04:27 AM

I can't see how you could get lost on 30 acres unless you are mentally impaired somehow. If you walk in any direction, you will be soon off of it.

Keith
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 05:10 AM

We all know who the last "country singer" is who was capable of surviving.
I have never been lost. "Fearsome confused for a month or two, but I ain't never been lost."
Posted By: warrior

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 05:25 AM

The only thing correct in that name is the boy part.

And that's questionable.
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 08:13 AM

He better stick to singing. And stay out of the woods.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 10:21 AM

Apparently not the smartest fella. And his music sucks, too.
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 10:35 AM

Funny story thanks for sharing. I've been turned around in some smaller pieces of woods than I care to admit and he says he is connected to 3000 acres and it was raining, we all know how that can turn someone around but it just goes to show bring a compass because GPS is just reliable enough to get you lost.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 11:01 AM

And he had a phone???
Couldn't even type in his own address and get directions to get across just 30 acres?
grin
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Trap Setter
Funny story thanks for sharing. I've been turned around in some smaller pieces of woods than I care to admit and he says he is connected to 3000 acres and it was raining, we all know how that can turn someone around but it just goes to show bring a compass because GPS is just reliable enough to get you lost.

I once got turned around on while tracking a deer my daughter shot the evening before. It was overcast and in a lower bottom type of ground but not in a bottom. I looked up after quite a while walking circles with my head down looking for blood. I was in an area with no distinguishing land mark, ditch, trees or even a hill. I had no idea what was direction was what and it was a larger area and I didn't want to wonder the wrong direction. I stayed calm and thought for a minute and remembered phone had a compass app. I had reception and within 10-15 min I was back at the truck.

I was not far from the truck, had been in that area 3/4 times in the previous 5 years and I have never been turned around and not had not known what direction was what. It was an uncomfortable feeling. Staying calm and thinking normally saves the day and a compass is a great idea. No lose of single or dead battery.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 11:28 AM

If you live in the easteen us, you can pick a direction and start walking and you'll find civilization within hours. Of course that could be problematic if you're in serious medical distress, but otherwise you'll not risk the Rule of Three.

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 11:32 AM

The smallest parcel I've ever been turned around on, literally turned around on, was a golf course.
The central area of the US Army post of Grafenwohr, Germany is the perfectly flat golf course. One night while pulling CQ I set out to do the usual walk to the motor pool to check doors. While we weren't supposed to cross the course, most straight line route, who's checking at 0100. When I set out I could see the light pole over the rear gate the return trip also had a light over the barracks door. Simple except for this night as a fog rolled in as I set out. I made it there just fine passing the midpoint landmark which was a small donut shaped water hazard.
The return trip was the doozy as the fog had thickened and I could barely make out the light at the barracks. I took a mental bearing and set out to walk in a straight line. It must've worked because I made the midway point right on time even though I could no longer see the barracks light when I passed that donut shaped puddle of water the second time is when I knew the wheels had fallen off my plan. I would see it a couple more times before I stumbled onto the asphalt that would point me out of there.

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
If you live in the easteen us, you can pick a direction and start walking and you'll find civilization within hours. Of course that could be problematic if you're in serious medical distress, but otherwise you'll not risk the Rule of Three.

The problem is that most folks without a compass bearing, landmark or terrain feature to follow physically cannot walk in a straight line. They end up walking in circles as I discovered in the incident I posted.
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 11:51 AM

There's a big difference between singing a country song and living one
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 11:54 AM

Crap for brains strikes again!

Our daughter knows bout every foot of our place and it’s 4x bigger than his.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 11:57 AM

I don't care how good you are, fog, reforested pines (no sun) and swamps can get you walking in circles, lol.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 11:57 AM

Those boys just couldn’t put down the crack pipe I spose.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wild_WI
There's a big difference between singing a country song and living one

That's what I was gonna say. Country songs do not a country boy make! lol

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
I don't care how good you are, fog, reforested pines (no sun) and swamps can get you walking in circles, lol.

Coon hunting at night would get me in trouble. I'm so used to having the sun to give me the cardinal points it's almost subconscious knowing north and south. At night under trees it's impossible without compass or electronics. I've spent more than one night in the woods as a result. LOL
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Gator Foot

Yep!!

X3
Posted By: headache73

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 12:09 PM

I got turned around coon hunting one night in a bottom when fog rolled in. We left the tree, I started walking back the way we came. Guy I was with said where you goin, I grew up in this bottom, we need to go that way. I said we crossed this ditch right before we got to the tree. He started arguing, I said fine let's go. We walked a long ways, crossed a fence, I stopped and said, Gene, we didn't cross any tilled ground on the way in. By that time the fog was as bad as I've ever seen it. Man that was a long night. I sure was glad to see my truck
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 12:33 PM

I heard they discontinued water boarding in GITMO and make detainees listen to Fl GA Line until they talk now.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 12:39 PM

Ive hated that dbag since i first saw him on some viral youtube video.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by chas3457
I ride herd on 720 acres, some I live on, some within a mile of home, some 3 to 5 miles away, and I know every inch of it. laugh

Charlie

It's easy to find your way when there are no trees. Lol

Just joking.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 01:13 PM

I left a shoreline early dawn in heavy fog one morning anxious to hit the walleye off the point of an island a few 100 yards out, thought I'd just take a mental bearing and putter out until the island came into view then find my bearings from there. After a couple of minutes this strange site started to develop through the fog. It was the camper trailer I set out from. I was successful on my second attempt by watching my wake and keeping it in a straight line.
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 03:37 PM

30 acers of 3000 and it started to get dark it could happen to anyone but it should only happen once lol take a compass.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 05:26 PM

I heard they discontinued water boarding in GITMO and make detainees listen to Fl GA Line until they talk now.

laugh!!!!
Posted By: tjm

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun

Coon hunting at night would get me in trouble. I'm so used to having the sun to give me the cardinal points it's almost subconscious knowing north and south. At night under trees it's impossible without compass or electronics. I've spent more than one night in the woods as a result. LOL

I walked circles for two hours on three acres one dark night and was less than two hundred yards from the truck when I started and came within 50' of the road a dozen times, it all looks easy in the light of day.

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 07:59 PM

I learned sometimes it's just better to curl up with the hounds and wait for daylight to sort it out. The missus hated me for it but it beat stumbling around in the dark.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 09:56 PM

There's a place called the "Scatters" here in Arkansas that many a soul has spent the night in. Following features like bayous in that area is not a good idea.
Posted By: trap master

Re: Not all country boys caen survive - 08/07/20 11:12 PM

i literally laughed out loud when i heard this story on the radio yesterday. for crying out loud, 40 acres is only 1/4x1/4 mile. how in the world could you get lost!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums