Ditto.

How ya been guy ?
Tman clan rooting fer ya.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 12:34 AM

X3!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 12:41 AM

He posted today on Facebook, but said he was going to get off Facebook for awhile.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 12:48 AM

Sometimes a person just needs to ditch social media for a time.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 01:43 AM

I hope everything is okay with him. He's been nothing but a fine young man with a head full of sense on this forum. I can't begin to imagine what he and the young people of this nation are going through right now.
If I had only one piece advice to give it would be that which my mama gave me, do what you know to be right and you will have nothing to worry about.

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 01:44 AM

I hope everything is okay with him. He's been nothing but a fine young man with a head full of sense on this forum. I can't begin to imagine what he and the young people of this nation are going through right now.
If I had only one piece advice to give it would be that which my mama gave me, do what you know to be right and you will have nothing to worry about.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 02:21 AM

Sounds like your mama was a very smart person.

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 02:43 AM

She was, unfortunately her son wasn't. LOL
Posted By: snowy

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 02:16 PM

ttt
Posted By: Teacher

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 04:59 PM

Wolfdog91 is a stand up sort of guy. I’ve had some dealings with him and he’s just a nice guy to deal with. That being said, he’s the only Black trapper I'm aware of on Tman (not that race is an issue to trapping). But I wonder why that is? Are we too hostile to people here? Do readers get the sense they’re not welcome? To be honest, if I didn’t have thick skin, a hard head and be a trapper, I wouldn’t have stayed here long. The sexist jokes, the pokes at people who are different or who hold different opinions, the extremely narrow-mindedness of general discussions has made me not want to spend much time here. Beating up the ideas behind the Black Lives Matter movement, confederate flag flying support and like issues are not a welcome mat for non-white people. To be honest, Wolfie takes a verbal bashing here and I don’t understand why he stays.

gentlemen, we have to do better.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Teacher
Wolfdog91 is a stand up sort of guy. I’ve had some dealings with him and he’s just a nice guy to deal with. That being said, he’s the only Black trapper I'm aware of on Tman (not that race is an issue to trapping). But I wonder why that is? Are we too hostile to people here? Do readers get the sense they’re not welcome? To be honest, if I didn’t have thick skin, a hard head and be a trapper, I wouldn’t have stayed here long. The sexist jokes, the pokes at people who are different or who hold different opinions, the extremely narrow-mindedness of general discussions has made me not want to spend much time here. Beating up the ideas behind the Black Lives Matter movement, confederate flag flying support and like issues are not a welcome mat for non-white people. To be honest, Wolfie takes a verbal bashing here and I don’t understand why he stays.

There's about a dozen guys that do most of the talking and thus control the narrative.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

There's about a dozen guys that do most of the talking and thus control the narrative.

I don't personally know Wolfdog but I take it as he's a man who won't capitulate his principles, nor expect anyone else to capitulate theirs for the sake of "inclusiveness". From Woldog's question on biblical forgiveness, I take it he felt he did something egregious to an individual and to God. Maybe he has been moved to step away from social media for his own growth.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 06:39 PM

... do we have to put our hair in a bun and wear skinny jeans too?
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 06:48 PM

I've ever seen anybody do that to Wolf.
Most, including me would love to sit around a fire and talk to Wolf.
I always enjoy his stuff. Hope he comes back...

Donnie
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 08:07 PM

I have never seen anyone here give Wolfdog91 "a verbal bashing" and if they did we would pile on them. If you bothered to read Wolfdog91's posts, you would see he is against blm too. Wolfdog91 is one of us more than you, with your warped views, will ever be. For the most part, only liberals see color as divisive. Us conservatives judge people by their character and we love Wolfdog91's character.

Keith
Posted By: coonlove

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 08:17 PM

What Keith said X2.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 08:24 PM

X3

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

I have never seen anyone here give Wolfdog91 "a verbal bashing" and if they did we would pile on them. If you bothered to read Wolfdog91's posts, you would see he is against blm too. Wolfdog91 is one of us more than you, with your warped views, will ever be. For the most part, only liberals see color as divisive. Us conservatives judge people by their character and we love Wolfdog91's character.

Keith

I was going to reply to Teacher's post (I still shudder wondering what he is teaching children) but I don't think I could say it any better than Keith did. Although there is one person on here who rides WD pretty hard at times.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 09:02 PM

judge people by their character and we love Wolfdog91's character

wolfie has had a standing invitation to come here and trap with me since he graduated high school. i wish he would take me up on it
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 09:04 PM

The kid is a good fabricator and welder.
Posted By: salemtrapper

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 09:10 PM

Wolfie is great all around, you ask him anything he would help out the best he could.
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 09:39 PM

Wolfie is a cool dude. And a dern good fabricator. I for 1 hope he's doing good.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Savell
[Michelle Obama type speech- white ppl bad, America bad, etc, etc]

... do we have to put our hair in a bun and wear skinny jeans too?

grin
LMBFAO
Teacher- let us know when you are going to be on the view so we can DVR it
Posted By: Teacher

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 11:22 PM

Wow. I mention what a decent guy Wolfdog91 is; that there are some narrow minded yet dominant opinionated people on Tman, and the bashing begins. This is what I’m talking about. Outsiders may find Tman to be “unforgiving”. You’ve definitely proven my point.

For the record, I teach adult certification classes.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/09/20 11:29 PM

I hope he is okay always seemed like a good person, if I remember correctly he said once he was having some probelms with his hip so hopefully its just the fact that he is just busy getting healthy and doesn’t have time to post.

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/10/20 12:35 AM

Tman is pretty unforgiving to liberals. Liberals are trying to take away our rights to hunt and trap as well as many other things most of us hold dear. Thankfully wolfdog is not a liberal, and as you can see is well loved here.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/10/20 12:37 AM

He's an outstanding young man, and I'll boot anyone I find causing him any grief at all. I wish we had a lot more members with his character.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/10/20 12:46 AM

Nailed by Paul!!!
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/10/20 12:59 AM

Well anyways, Teacher, you certainly proved your point.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/10/20 01:14 AM

You fellas stop being big meanies to everyone. Good Lord.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/10/20 01:58 AM

What planet are you from, Teacher?!
Every one of your posts is steeped with negativism (mostly with those who don't share your liberal/progressive views).
In this thread you have forwarded some of the most ludicrous assertions in the most generalized manner I can remember anyone ever do. I am personally offended by that.
YOU brought Wolfdog's race into the discussion. Why? Is it your opinion that since he is black, you need to stand up for him because he is racially unable to fend for himself?
I would put the content of Wolfdog's character up against anyone. That's what matters. Character!
Maybe you should find another place to spend your time.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/11/20 06:56 PM

I'm alive, thank you and everyone else for all the concern prayers and pm's , trying to work on some personal matters and as far as social media it's just becoming too toxic and negative . As far as here yeah I just avoid most posts that I think will irritate me. I'll try to post some more soon.
Posted By: lady123

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/11/20 07:24 PM

Wolfdog im glad everything is ok. I would also like to meet you someday and sit around and bs about your adventures You sound like a really good guy ,You have been raised the right way knowing right from wrong . Thats how my kids were raised I dont do social media at all . This is the only form that i look at or post on . It seems alot like famialy here. Hope you get your personal matters straight . Take care.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/11/20 07:38 PM

Wolfdog,

I'm glad to hear that you are ok, hope all is getting better and by the looks of things on here you always have a willing ear to bounce things off. I always enjoy your posts especially the ones where you do the family stuff as it reminds me of the stories about my family and grandfather doing those same type of things.
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/11/20 08:38 PM

Wolfdog
It's OK to shut it off for awhile .
I think we all do that.
Prevents overloads.
Can't wait to read the fabricating ideas, and advice you are always eager to share.
Take your time and the good lord willing I will be here to greet your return.
As previously stated I too think it would be a pleasure to share a campfire and swap tales .
Best of luck on the soul searching mission.
You are always welcome in my parts , if you ever get this way.
Posted By: cbat

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/11/20 08:41 PM

So not being negative or trying to start something with this question. Why is it that you don`t see more black people involved in outdoor pursuits ? Such as hunting / fishing / trapping etc ?

I have a very good friend that is black and asked him this question also. Answer was that wasn`t the environment he was raised in.
Posted By: corky

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/11/20 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by cbat
So not being negative or trying to start something with this question. Why is it that you don`t see more black people involved in outdoor pursuits ? Such as hunting / fishing / trapping etc ?

I have a very good friend that is black and asked him this question also. Answer was that wasn`t the environment he was raised in.

Lots of single parent families in urban areas. Mothers don't generally teach kids the outdoor pursuits and there are few opportunities in cities for the kids to teach themselves or each other.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/11/20 11:17 PM

Glad you are doing well, keep a smile on your face and keep doing what you are going.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/12/20 12:00 AM

glad to hear you are OK sir
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/12/20 01:05 AM

Glad all is well with you.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/12/20 05:51 PM

Don't know about the rest of the country, but it ain't all inner city.
Here, some of the best beagle and rabbit guys are black, nice regular guys. Color don't matter to most of us, it's the persons character and honor that matters.
There's a lot of white folks who aren't worth a dime, no honor....
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Wolfdog91 - 08/12/20 06:11 PM

Glad to have you back here with us on T-man Wolfdog91. Social media can be a toxic place and sometimes it is best to step back for a while. Mega props on being a Moderator too.

All the best,

Chris
© 2024 Trapperman Forums