Home

What in the.........

Posted By: warrior

What in the......... - 08/09/20 08:16 PM

This is an actual used clothing "vintage" store in Savannah.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 08:26 PM

Sounds a bit racist to me but I’m white so it doesn’t count. Good lord I hope that’s a joke. I read a article yesterday that the protesters in Portland are suing the Federal government for reimbursement for the cost of protective equipment they have to buy to protect them from the police while they riot, so I guess nothing would surprise me!!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 09:07 PM

I'm offended.
Gimme back my white privilege
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 09:18 PM

I got a tan so I'm a person of color. No deposit required.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 09:29 PM

Every store/business owner should have the right to decide who they serve as long as they do not have a monopoly (power companies etc). I am totally fine with this stores policy, of course I wouldn't go there but let them do as they wish.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 09:35 PM

Well since Bill Nye said we’re all descendants of Africa, I’d say we are all the same and it’s not fair that the blackness has faded away from my skin because my ancestors made the move sooner than people that are still black.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Every store/business owner should have the right to decide who they serve as long as they do not have a monopoly (power companies etc). I am totally fine with this stores policy, of course I wouldn't go there but let them do as they wish.

Well if I had a store and said people of color had to put a deposit down but whites didn't i would be sued.

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 09:42 PM

Try declining to bake a wedding cake for a same sex wedding and see how that goes
Posted By: Gone Trappin.

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 09:46 PM

I’m a 1/16 Cherokee, so do I get any free stuff. Lol. But I seriously am 1/16 Cherokee. I just have nothing but a little bit of blood that connects me to the tribe.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 09:47 PM

Since when is white not a color?

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Try declining to bake a wedding cake for a same sex wedding and see how that goes

Exactly! Seems to only go one way and that way is anyway but towards traditional values or common sense
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 09:50 PM

sounds like a hate crime and discrimination to me

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 09:51 PM

Posted By: corky

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 09:56 PM

I hope they get sued for reverse discrimination. Growing weary of all of this PC garbage.
Posted By: warrior

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 10:10 PM

I actually agree with you but it's appalling the exact same folks who would crucify a "white only" business can't see their own racism. Let the market decide by allowing consumers to freely vote with their wallets.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 10:51 PM

i'm 1/13 Ginger
Posted By: Hatchetman

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
i'm 1/13 Ginger

I always thought you were more of a Mary Ann type...
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 11:24 PM

Same thoughts here
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 11:28 PM

Who in their white mind would spend a dime there ?
Posted By: Boco

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 11:29 PM

Just tell them your a High-yellah.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: What in the......... - 08/09/20 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Just tell them your a High-yellah.

Welcome back Boco !
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: What in the......... - 08/10/20 12:32 AM

Is redneck a color?
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: What in the......... - 08/10/20 12:37 AM

I agree with ya too. But post a sign on your business requiring blacks to pay $20 to shop there and see how that turns out for you.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: What in the......... - 08/10/20 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by GoneTrappin.
I’m a 1/16 Cherokee, so do I get any free stuff. Lol. But I seriously am 1/16 Cherokee. I just have nothing but a little bit of blood that connects me to the tribe.

I did not know Liz Warren was a member here.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: What in the......... - 08/10/20 01:11 AM

That is racist crap! When that store starts missing the "white" money that policy will be dropped. Maybe theyll have to close down then....dam idiots!

Re: What in the......... - 08/13/20 11:37 AM

From a Fox News story this morning.

Statement from the owners, ’It was not our intention to act in any way that might be perceived as discriminatory and for that we apologize,'” a Facebook message read.

I can’t believe they didn’t think their policy was racist. I guess the pushback was pretty hard. Maybe someone can link the Fox News article.

Re: What in the......... - 08/13/20 11:55 AM

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1300787/white-boutique-owners-racism-fee-white-customers-georgia/

Re: What in the......... - 08/13/20 11:59 AM

Thanks Leftlane
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: What in the......... - 08/13/20 12:00 PM

I'm 100% American.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: What in the......... - 08/13/20 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by GoneTrappin.

I am 3/128th creek, I got a card so I need my free stuff also
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: What in the......... - 08/13/20 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
I got a tan so I'm a person of color. No deposit required.

grin
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: What in the......... - 08/13/20 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Is redneck a color?

it is when i go fishin out in the boat and i dont wear a hat !
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: What in the......... - 08/13/20 03:29 PM

\

It doesn't work both ways. If they said blacks needed a deposit and whites didn't, that would be considered racist. But, the way it's written it's not considered racist or discriminatory toward whites. If a white owner wrote the same thing, they would most likely be sued and the plaintiff would win.

Store owners should have the right to decide who they serve. Unfortunately, if they are white, they don't.
Posted By: Arkansas87

Re: What in the......... - 08/13/20 05:36 PM

It won't just be wHite people's money they are losing. There are probably a few black people that will read that and not do business with them because they have good since and know that's not right
© 2024 Trapperman Forums