Home

Mortgage company

Posted By: Matt28

Mortgage company - 08/10/20 03:05 PM

anyone have a mortgage company they would recommend? Thanks.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 03:47 PM

I've used Liberty Mutual for 15+ years. Has been excellent. They have made good offers that I accepted and bad offers that I declined.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 04:03 PM

Let me know if you want someone in OKC. I have a good guy that can help.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 04:06 PM

DON'T Use Wells Fargo. Maybe that goes without saying...

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
Let me know if you want someone in OKC. I have a good guy that can help.

I would like to have someone that if thing don't go well I can show up and talk to someone face to face. I dont trust over the internet deal. But I have been doing some looking and it seems they are almost all over the internet. I will give your guy a call and see what they say. Thanks.

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 04:54 PM

I dont trust over the internet deal.

To finalize a deal you would have to sign papers.
Posted By: Rockfarmer

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 05:13 PM

flat branch mortgage company
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 05:24 PM

I would agree with never dealing with Wells Fargo, but with the cheap money out there, the place to start just may be your personal banker. When you are disqualified for a loan from a bank, then it moves into institutional lending, or extensions of government. There are numbers of issues now in flood insurance and other things that are mandated which jack up costs on mortgages, but you would be dealing with a local government agent as in FHA or FmHA.
There is a trapper on here who often asks for advice, who has gotten into real problems with using predatory lenders. As others have stated, the internet is a bad place preying on people. I would start at my personal bank, and see what their directions are, as it is free, and it will be a great deal better than taking advice from non financial people on T'man.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 05:33 PM

local bank is not free. there are up front costs when you apply. like an appraisal and inspection. best place to go though. they can tell you on the phone what fees they require, down payment, interest costs as they already know you. local small town banks like to invest local also.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cysquatch
DON'T Use Wells Fargo. Maybe that goes without saying...

well if it doesn't I am going to say it again.

at the beginning of corona Wells Fargo started a checking account in my name , I had done one of those no intrest for a year on a washing machine deals several years ago it was through Wells Fargo.

it seems the were trying to save jobs again at the beginning of covid opening accounts or adding accounts to anything they could , I though it had been long closed but they found my info and made up an address and opened a checking account.

if you don't recall they were fined big time for these types of practices in 2018.

local credit unions are the best mortgage company in my opinion

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by star flakes
I would agree with never dealing with Wells Fargo, but with the cheap money out there, the place to start just may be your personal banker. When you are disqualified for a loan from a bank, then it moves into institutional lending, or extensions of government. There are numbers of issues now in flood insurance and other things that are mandated which jack up costs on mortgages, but you would be dealing with a local government agent as in FHA or FmHA.
There is a trapper on here who often asks for advice, who has gotten into real problems with using predatory lenders. As others have stated, the internet is a bad place preying on people. I would start at my personal bank, and see what their directions are, as it is free, and it will be a great deal better than taking advice from non financial people on T'man.

Thats who has my home loan now is the bank who did my construction loan so I could build my house. I have 5 years set rate then it can change. I just want to get a mortgage company to pick it up and do a 15 or 20 fix rate.
Posted By: charles

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 05:46 PM

Many mortgages are bundled and sold to Freddie Mac or some bank. You can not count on your lender keeping your mortgage more than a few weeks. The ultimate owner of the mortgage may not be the company who handles the administration of the loan.

I just got a 2.375% fixed 15 year mortgage and it was sold within a month. My son's rate was 2.5% for the same package. I applied about a month after him.
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 05:49 PM

Do your homework and compare apples to apples. Interest rate doesn't mean much if the closing costs are high. As for Internet lending, I did three mortgages with Quicken loans and they could not have been better. Two times they sent an agent for closing and one times they just overnight-ed the paperwork. If you are inexperienced you might want an attorney.

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by ebsurveyor
Do your homework and compare apples to apples. Interest rate doesn't mean much if the closing costs are high. As for Internet lending, I did three mortgages with Quicken loans and they could not have been better. Two times they sent an agent for closing and one times they just overnight-ed the paperwork. If you are inexperienced you might want an attorney.

Well Quicken loans was one i was wondering about. I am inexperienced about this type of thing. A lawyer might be best but would suck to have to pay them on top of the closing costs. My bank just rolled it all in to one when I closed so I had no out of pocket money.
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 06:17 PM

DO NOT use Ocwen!!!

Terrible mortgage company.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 06:33 PM

Whatever you do don't use Nationwide or any of their affiliates such as Mr Cooper. They are an absolute nightmare to deal with, don't even get me started.

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 07:09 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice. I called the local Federal credit union and they said they would help me get the paperwork going. Not the best interest rate but, That credit union has had my business for about 10 years now and have always did me great. I asked them if the company they use was honest and they said they are good to deal with and that if I had any problems they would get it straight out so guess i will give it a try.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28
Thanks everyone for the advice. I called the local Federal credit union and they said they would help me get the paperwork going. Not the best interest rate but, That credit union has had my business for about 10 years now and have always did me great. I asked them if the company they use was honest and they said they are good to deal with and that if I had any problems they would get it straight out so guess i will give it a try.

Good call. Hope it works out!

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cysquatch
Originally Posted by Matt28

Good call. Hope it works out!

Thanks, me too.
Posted By: Duckie1

Re: Mortgage company - 08/10/20 08:23 PM

I had Chase and when the interest rates dropped they said they could not do any better than the rates I already had at 5%. Tried my credit union they went to 2.5% with very little in costs.

Re: Mortgage company - 08/11/20 03:22 AM

"Interest rate" is an ambiguous term. "APR" includes closing costs and any other amount charged whether or not financed with the mortgage.
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Mortgage company - 08/12/20 03:52 PM

Im refinancing now with the local bank. They have 2.75% for 30 year options. Shop around and see what they are all offering. Most all other banks I called were 3.5%+. You have to shop around.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums