Home

TPWD Tragic Accident

Posted By: Cedar Hacker

TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/14/20 03:12 PM

The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department lost three employees in a helicopter crash while doing survey work on the Desert Bighorn Sheep on the Black Gap Game Management Area in far West Texas.
The men died while on a project that they were totally dedicated to.

I knew two of them as they were from the area where I live in the Northwest Hill Country of Texas.

Their photos have been posted by the department.

[Linked Image]

Dr. Bob Dittmar is on the left and had a veterinary practice in Kerrville. He has worked on the sheep project for several years. He sold his practice and went to work for TPWD as their first veterinarian and has been working on research on CWD. Dr. Bob was an outstanding individual.

Dewey Stockbridge in the middle was from Mason and was a game biologist stationed on a management area in the Alpine vicinity. He also has been involved in the sheep program for 10 years or so. A fine young man.

Brandon White was a field personnel that I did not know.

May they all rest in peace and God bless their souls.
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/14/20 03:19 PM

Prayers sent out to the families and there friends.

B
Posted By: Hills of Texas

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/14/20 03:20 PM

I met Dittmar in a CWD class in Amarillo. Seemed like a good guy. I own property right outside big bend state park, but never had the opportunity to meet the other two gentlemen unless it was in passing. I’ve lived here in Llano for the last 20 years so it possible our paths have crossed. Texas parks and wildlife are pretty active in our area. It’s a sad deal.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/14/20 03:21 PM

Tragic loss !! Prayers sent...
Posted By: chas3457

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/14/20 03:26 PM

Prayers sent for their families and friends.

May they rest in peace.

Charlie
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/14/20 04:19 PM

Sorry to hear that. Prayers for their familys.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/14/20 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Sorry to hear that. Prayers for their familys.

x2
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/14/20 05:21 PM

Prayers sent for their family and friends
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/14/20 05:23 PM

Sad to here. Prayers sent
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/14/20 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Hills of Texas
I met Dittmar in a CWD class in Amarillo. Seemed like a good guy. I own property right outside big bend state park, but never had the opportunity to meet the other two gentlemen unless it was in passing. I’ve lived here in Llano for the last 20 years so it possible our paths have crossed. Texas parks and wildlife are pretty active in our area. It’s a sad deal.

Dewey was living in Alpine and was the manager of the Elephant Mountain WMA about 30 miles south of Alpine. I think the WMA is only about 30 miles or so from Big Bend. He leaves behind a wife and two children.

His parents still live in Mason. Several years ago his aunt and her daughter were riding a four wheeler on a county road and wrecked with a pickup on a blind curve, killing his cousin and his aunt losing her leg. Tragedy seems to follow this family.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/15/20 02:44 AM

Tragic loss

Apparently the pilot survived but I have heard no update on his condition

Preliminary report indicates mechanical failure I read
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/15/20 04:05 AM

I met Mr. White and he was a great blend of professional and good ol boy. The kind of man that makes me proud to call Texas home.

I will spend a moment or 2 on my knees for all of their families and loved ones. Rest in peace gentlemen you will be missed.

I never met the vet but I know a barrel racer who brags on him
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/15/20 08:39 AM

Prayers for friends and family.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/15/20 12:42 PM

You just never know when it is your time to go. Live every day like it is your last and keep the regrets to a minimum. Prayers and strength to to all the family and friends grieving.

Chris
Posted By: SwampFox

Re: TPWD Tragic Accident - 08/15/20 08:52 PM

So sad. Prayers sent.

God bless, Swampfox
© 2024 Trapperman Forums