Home

Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC

Posted By: Anonymous

Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 12:08 PM

To the National Mall.

Thousands of the faithful are headed to Washington DC, for a National (and Global) Day of Prayer and Repentance.
Spread the word.

[url=https://thereturn.org][/url]

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 12:36 PM

Donna and I have never been to the Nation's Capital, but we're headed that way for this event. There are many faithful among us trappers, so I figured I'd share this announcement.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 12:48 PM

Thanks for posting!
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 06:06 PM

Watch your back, Mark.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 06:28 PM

Thank you Mark. Appreciate the information
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 06:53 PM

Without your ever being there, the wealth of our nation is primarily spent right there. So much Marble stone both outside and inside.

They wanted for nothing short of everything. Just give an objective view when your there.

Have a great trip.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 06:54 PM

Good stuff. Would love to go, but were still on lockdown
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 06:59 PM

Been there 3 times, once for 5 days as we were on a leadership trip and have been to the memorials etc. I found those visits very rewarding. Being there as part of a significant large group should be inspirational for you and your wife and all attendees.

Bryce

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 07:58 PM

The expectation at this point is 200,000 people will gather on behalf of our nation and it's founding principles, 400 years to the day, of the anniversary of the sailing of the Mayflower. The area between the White House and the National Monument holds 1 million people, so we pray many, many people will gather to pray and repent, from all over this blessed land we call America!

It's certainly time for a gathering of this type!

Donna and I are actually driving to Raleigh, and joining my brother Brian (who lives in Raleigh) and his church in the buses they have reserved to head to D.C. Buses leave at 4:30am and will be back to Raleigh at 10:00pm if anyone would like to join us.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 08:48 PM

There is an event for prayer in our county scheduled for the 27th. Of course this being Arkansas we always seem to be lagging behind.
Posted By: We-Sa

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 08:50 PM

I'm not sure we can swing a trip to D.C. right now but the wife and I will definitely be a part of this wherever we are.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by We-Sa
I'm not sure we can swing a trip to D.C. right now but the wife and I will definitely be a part of this wherever we are.

We-Sa, there are many who will be involved such as you and your wife.

Blessings!
Mark
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 09:09 PM

Thanks for posting Mark

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pawnee
Thanks for posting Mark

Certainly Pawnee!

People often proclaim "we should do something!"

Many are and now is the time to stand as one people, before God, at the gates of our Nation's Capital and pray to God and repent of our sins, and ask God to hear us and heal our land. It doesn't get any more basic than that.

From the created to the Creator.
As biblical as it can be.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 09:24 PM

Take your boxing gloves. Hard telling what you might run in to there.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/15/20 11:30 PM

I doubt they'll be much boxing.
More bowing of heads, I expect.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/16/20 01:53 AM

Ideally, yes, but you know how BLM and Antifa can be with peaceful people.
Posted By: Chancey

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/16/20 02:06 AM

Every person of faith needs to be on their knees during this period.

Mark, I pray for you and your family as you go to DC; I went when I was younger and it was amazing......I saw all the monuments.

Looking back, it scares me to death what this country is. Pagan gods and godesses, pagan symbols all over the place in DC. Keep the faith!
Posted By: .204

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/16/20 02:31 AM

My question would be what specifically we as a nation need to repent of. I remember 9-11.The call to prayer and really nothing changed in the hearts of people. Near as I could tell. How do we get back to where our fathers intended?
Specifically, we have removed God as creator and replaced him with the god of evolution. Can that rabbit ever be stuffed back in the hat? The results of secular humanist evolutionary teaching in our schools has been devastating.
So I guess my question is what needs to change before God can once again bless this great nation?
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/16/20 11:41 AM

I have to assume there is or will be push back from the powers that be in DC. Covid and all.
You folks may need to loot a little and set a police car or two on fire to be accepted.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/16/20 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by jwill
My question would be what specifically we as a nation need to repent of. I remember 9-11.The call to prayer and really nothing changed in the hearts of people. Near as I could tell. How do we get back to where our fathers intended?
Specifically, we have removed God as creator and replaced him with the god of evolution. Can that rabbit ever be stuffed back in the hat? The results of secular humanist evolutionary teaching in our schools has been devastating.
So I guess my question is what needs to change before God can once again bless this great nation?

Hearts

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/16/20 12:27 PM

Good question jwill. I've had this same discussion with several faithful already and we have differing answers, but the theme remains the same;

We all agree that we're a nation of multi-cultural individuals, forged together for these past 400 years, and blessed beyond our wildest measures in so many ways, most of which are material. Yet how can we know if America is truly a promised (capital P) land in the eyes of our Lord? There hasn't been a revelation to that effect.

So we repent of our own sins in biblical fashion (prayer over several days) as individuals and as families, so that hearts are changed as 330-Trapper mentioned. The hard-hearted will scoff as they always do, but we'll pray for them as well, because prayer for a nation is a corporate endeavor. All hands on deck so to speak.

Donna and I talk about our aim of humble, sincere, convicted repentance for our ungodly ways, and jubilant thankfulness to God, while once again committing ourselves to His Plan, however He might present it to each of us. His will, not ours.

It's a blessing to gather as one people and offer prayer to God, while many in our nation mock His name.

Like I mentioned before, it's about as basic as it gets.

I agree with my friend Chauncey, that all should be involved.

Blessings!
Mark
Posted By: bandy

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/16/20 12:42 PM

My wife was telling me about this we talked about going don't know. You will love DC the wife and I went up for the cherry blossom festival a few years back.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/16/20 01:41 PM

Hope to see you there Bandy!
I hope it's too hard to find ya because of the all of the "we the people"

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/16/20 01:54 PM

I will keep those who go in prayer.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/16/20 08:43 PM

jwill,

It's past time to take a stand for the principles and the ideals this country was founded on...
And it sure isn't NFL football anthems, pandemics that may or may not harm you, or a whole host of side bars that keep us side tracked, eyes off the ball, and grumbling about stuff that has much less priority in the list of life's big themes.

Saddle up, bucket up, or trapper up. The time is ever present for a banner and some good hard sand to plant it into!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/16/20 08:57 PM

I definately agree. I believe it may well be to late. We, as a country have millions of dead babies, innocent blood on our hands. We have rejected God as creator. Roman's 1 goes into that. I dont think God will just overlook. I believe there will have to be a change in our behavior as a nation for God to lift his judgement (abandonment)
As for me, I am in the fight each and every week being involved in a addiction ministry at our church. Trying to lead people out of bondage and into truth, one at a time!
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/16/20 09:00 PM

No matter where you stand, trying to help people recover from addictions is a noble thing to do, jwill.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 08/16/20 09:32 PM

jwill,

Helping the least among us is rewarding to all involved but is His Kingdom command;

When we read Jesus' parables in Matthew 25, we get a glimpse of how it all should be and how labors like yours are worthy beyond what we can know;

But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

Keep up the kingdom work brother.
Blessings!
Mark

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/03/20 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by jwill

The closer someone gets to God, the more humble you become. That process shows the created how sinful we are, and how glorious God is. This is why Moses called himself the humblest man on the earth, for he saw God, and now better understood his own sinful nature.

During this weekend, we'll pray for God to forgive our individual sins as a citizen of the US, and ask him to humble us through the power of the Holy Spirit. We'll also thank Him for the Son, who died in our place, as all are guilty of death - the wages of sin. We'll pray for our families and your families, asking God to please lift this nation up for His purpose, not ours. All we see is people all around us who are greedy, power-hungry, and more, and we ache for a peace, and comfort from all of it if it is His Will. And a bunch of prayer for just plain thanks for what we have, what He gives us every day. May we better help the least among us, especially the orphan and the widow.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/03/20 04:37 PM

Our prayers are with you, Mark. Please report back to us on your return. May the Lord be with you!
Posted By: billcat

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/04/20 03:17 AM

God did bless this country, through the hands and hearts of those who wrote the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/04/20 03:58 AM

Jonathan can is awesome, I listen to him quite a bit.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/04/20 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Our prayers are with you, Mark. Please report back to us on your return. May the Lord be with you!

You can count on it Trapper7.
DC has been a bit hectic, so who knows what the Christians will encounter as they head to the National Mall, but it's time to gather as one, unified voice in front of the White House and DC politicians and pray for our country in 2 Chronicles 7:14 fashion;
and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

I don't have TMan on my iPhone, but perhaps I could text pics to someone and they could post on here as the day unfolds in Washington?

Oh and I notice some here are in lament, and seem to have lost hope in the future of our nation, based on all that the news portrays. Who can say? But I do know the answer to; "How many soldiers does God need to win a battle?"
Answer = "Zero."
He just needs more in our land to "Return" and chase after Him when we stumble, and when we fall, instead of all the false idols all around us.

As billcat points out, our nation was founded by Godly men and women, who publicly and valiantly declared our freedoms as emanating from God, not man, and drafted that language into the very fabric of the founding documents.

Call Donna and me old fashioned, but we agree 100%.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/06/20 11:58 AM

Getting a few PMs asking me about repentance and a general message here might help clarify some of them.

Repentance is certainly about being sorry for individual sins, but it's much more than that. Heart changing repentance, the type that really sinks to the affections we have, the sin under the rest of the sins, is usually identified as our self-salvation project.

First, obviously if we are willfully sinning, we should seek not to do wrong things (general term of course - lying, stealing), but what about our right things? Here's a big awakening for many. Healing starts with repentance, and repentance starts with confessing the things besides God that you have been relying on for your hope, significance, and security, the motivation behind our "good works." We love these things that we have created, that we place #1 in our lives, usually way out in front of God in our heart's priorities = sinful. Loving things is blessed. Loving them because I am captain of my ship to all manner of prosperity is not.

Second, we trust. Not in what we are able to do, but what Christ already did.

A repentant prayer isn't so much saying someone is "sorry" and I won't do it again. That's not possible. A prayer of repentance is built upon a humble request for God to find us, He is the great shepherd and we are need of a great shepherd. We pray He finds us, rather than us using all our right things to find him.

Some are asking me about biblical teachings, and I gotta admit, I have very few answers for some of you, since you PM a lifetime of experiences and this, thats, and the others. Here's about all I got: Tim Keller, pastor and teacher in downtown Manhattan, NY, an area where you can't hardly build an orthodox (traditional historical values) Christian church, but yet he and others have planted many that are thriving, says it well;

The issue on which everything hangs is not whether or not you like God's teaching but whether or not He rose from the dead. - "The Reason for God" - Tim Keller. (this is a great book)

Blessings on a Sunday!
Mark

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/06/20 05:42 PM

This was in the mailbox yesterday.

[Linked Image]

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/08/20 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
A worthy goal is to better understand the fallen world, or what the faithful call sin.
But the battle with sin (right and wrong) is not in the courtroom (as many are taught = judicial)
but rather in the living room (relational).
What have we placed in front of our relationship with God, others, nature and ourselves (in that divinely created - specific order).
This isn't a question, as much as it's a fact.
Sin separates all of us from God.

We're all good as individuals and as a society of putting first things last, and last things first. We'll pray God helps us be better at flipping that around.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/08/20 07:19 PM

Will be nice to see that many God fearing Christians in one place peacefully praying for our country

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/08/20 10:48 PM

^^^^ So true

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/08/20 10:56 PM

I truly hope it goes well. In today's world, I'll be surprised if there isn't some negativity show up. I hope for the best. We do need help as a people for sure.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/08/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I truly hope it goes well. In today's world, I'll be surprised if there isn't some negativity show up. I hope for the best. We do need help as a people for sure.

True Gary. I went to a different church here in Dallas this past Sunday (Dr. Robert Jeffress' 1st Baptist Dallas) and as I was walking in I met a real nice man from LA, California who was in TX on biz and wanted to attend the church of the pastor who is on Fox News all the time. Well, this gentleman (Roy), and I hit it off and before you know it, Roy tells me, "this black dude (him) and a bunch of my friends are headed to DC on September 26th to repent and pray!" , so I say, "well this white guy and his wife are headed there with a whole bunch of folks from the east coast too!"

I asked Roy if anyone from LA is telling him that it could be interesting.
What he told me was worthy;

He said, "Oh you mean like BLM? I am black. What's the worst they can do to me anyway Mark? Send me Home?

We spent 30 minutes after church just hanging out.
There are faithful Americans all over this blessed land.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/17/20 03:57 AM

Helpful to remember that the biblical definition of sin is: those things (idols) that we place higher faith and trust in than God.
We're 10 days out.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/17/20 11:03 AM

I hope it is a great turnout!

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/17/20 01:23 PM

The momentum is really impressive. Any other Tmen or Twomen plan on going?
Donna and I hope to say hello and thank you to Dr. Ben Carson and Mike Lindell (my pillow guy).

Here's the updated list of event speakers during what is now become Friday the 25th and Saturday the 26th. It's a long list and from across the nation and world.

https://thereturn.org/live-event/

[Linked Image]

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: run

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/17/20 01:49 PM

Thanks for keeping me updated, Mark June.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/17/20 06:19 PM

Happy to do run.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/25/20 11:19 PM

It's live on various networks.

Facebook live link;
https://www.facebook.com/ReturnEvent2020/videos/683172758961491/

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/25/20 11:33 PM

1600 Worship teams in attendance on the National Mall right now.

Incredible.
Posted By: bandy

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/26/20 12:10 AM

I have to go to north Carolina tomorrow for a funeral but I will be praying.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/26/20 12:58 AM

Good to hear Mark. Hope it all stays peaceful.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC - 09/26/20 02:26 PM

Donna and I weren't able to head to Washington DC to join my brother who is there. Covid has logistics in this country messed up.
So we repent and pray from our home for our nation.

My bro sent me this pic from a couple hours ago.

[Linked Image]

May God heal our land for HIs purpose, not ours.
Blessings,
Mark
© 2024 Trapperman Forums