Homemade colony trap - 08/15/20 01:31 PM

7x7x30, one of the doors is a bit shorter than the other [Linked Image]
but I think it will work
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Homemade colony trap - 08/15/20 01:42 PM

Looks good to me
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: Homemade colony trap - 08/15/20 02:56 PM

Looks great, good heavy wire?? I would make the doors a little longer. Rats can tare them up pretty quick. Remember they're fighting for their lives.

B
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Homemade colony trap - 08/15/20 03:10 PM

Looks ok to me. Personally I'd reinforce the doors with thicker gauge wires. You can just wire tie the heavier gauge wire to both sides of the door so it wont bend when the push hard on it. JMHO
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Homemade colony trap - 08/15/20 03:36 PM

Learn to make the doors about 2 inches longer and put a bend so the end of the door lays flat on the floor/bottom. Then they are standing on the door while trying to open it.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Homemade colony trap - 08/15/20 04:09 PM

Make your doors 1" bigger on both sides and the bottom then bend those edges In and you have bullet proof door.
Posted By: Gone Trappin.

Re: Homemade colony trap - 08/15/20 04:49 PM

Yeah I抣l try what you guys are saying. I still got some of wire left to make another one. I抣l just use this one as my prototype. There is a few things I noticed wrong with it anyways.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Homemade colony trap - 08/15/20 04:53 PM

I'm not a rat trapper but it looks good to me. I will say this ive never built something myself for the first time that I didn't find some modifications that would do different next time. Keep building and keep learning, the two go hand in hand.
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: Homemade colony trap - 08/15/20 08:54 PM

Agree on the doors. Also check your state regulations to see if there are limitations on the dimensions. It would stink to make a trap you can't use.

Brian
Posted By: B. Shope

Re: Homemade colony trap - 08/15/20 11:14 PM

they look good should work just fine
Posted By: Gone Trappin.

Re: Homemade colony trap - 08/16/20 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by dirtydogtrapping
If you add some wings to them you will cover more with one trap than stacking them in culvert"s.
I like using old bucket handles on mine also.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What is size of that one
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: Homemade colony trap - 08/16/20 02:06 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I made these a week ago. 6󬝮4 collapsible, I also bent a 6󬝯0 & 6󬝮4 non collapsible.
I made a few with 2" space above the door so the doors don't get plugged to test out
Yours look good.
Thanks for the tips on the doos
Posted By: Bison88

Re: Homemade colony trap - 08/16/20 02:54 AM

Good suggestions, also look for some rabbit cage clips to help you attach the doors. Keep working at it and post us all a pic of a full trap this fall!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums