Home

Inreach or inreach mini

Posted By: nvwrangler

Inreach or inreach mini - 08/15/20 05:57 PM

Has anyone on here used either of these? Wife wants me to be able to let her know im safe on the line or while hunting.
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Inreach or inreach mini - 08/16/20 01:19 AM

Yes, guys here use them offshore fishing to communicate rather than sending fish reports across the VHF radio. Also to keep touch back home I guess, although no cell service is peaceful for me!

No personal experience though, so I cannot give you advice on the two. Come kill a turkey!

John cool
Posted By: bfisch

Re: Inreach or inreach mini - 08/16/20 01:21 AM

Inreach not mini.
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: Inreach or inreach mini - 08/16/20 01:23 AM

I have the inreach and like it. The messaging option is great and having a backup navigation to use in conjunction with onX on my phone works great.if messaging is the only thing you’re after though, the mini would serve you well and save a few ounces and dollars.
Posted By: Raizmup

Re: Inreach or inreach mini - 08/16/20 02:32 AM

I have an inreach for hunting in the mountains. I would rather have the mini for weight/space savings. I turn it on and stash it in my pack. My cell phone is connected to it via bluetooth. All my texts go to the inreach then to my phone. It's way easier to send messages using your cell then with the keypad on the inreach.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Inreach or inreach mini - 08/16/20 03:08 AM

The se+ is under 300 online
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Inreach or inreach mini - 08/16/20 07:49 AM

SE+? Is that an inreach?
Never mind. Answered my own question. I have the explorer+ and really like it. Great communication.
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Inreach or inreach mini - 08/16/20 01:33 PM

Costco has the se+ (yellow version) for around $280. I bought one for a elk hunt and liked it. having the ability to mark way points is a nice feature and was worth the slightly extra size over the mini for me. I mostly just used the free pre-programmed message option to check in.

Oldad
© 2024 Trapperman Forums