Home

How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle...

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 04:33 AM

... because the liberals say you shouldn’t own one? I DID! Over a year ago and I still haven’t taken it out of the box to shoot it. An expensive $800 protest gift. In fact, I am going to a gun store this week and purchase an additional 3 or 4 high capacity magazines this week because Joe Biden and his cohorts say I shouldn't have any. As Joe Biden said. BINGO!
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 04:53 AM

I built me a 100% legal AR “pistol” (really and SBR) using an 80% lower that I milled out and has a foldable stock and a 60 round drum. The main reason I built this gun is so I can say I have a gun I built myself, that has no serial number, bought everything online, and can fit in a small child’s backpack. Also so I can show people videos of my 5 year old shooting. I bought my first house at the rock bottom of the housing market but still say this gun is the best investment of my life.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 09:59 AM

both sons have multiple ones,i just play with theirs.admit i find em more fun than i thought
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 10:25 AM

where in the world are you finding ammo? bullets to load for my 22 250, also a 224, are getting scarce
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 10:26 AM

Bushmaster Predator here
Posted By: trapper20

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 10:38 AM

I had one prior to, im not a huge fan of ARs but not giving them up
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 10:40 AM

I didn't buy it just because liberals said I shouldn't have one.

I enjoy building them and shooting them.

but I may have bought more because I like them and I can see they may not always be available.

next one I want to do is a 308 AR-10 then I am going to need an AR-9 that feeds from glock mags as a range toy.

you should shoot yours , you may find it more fun than you thought.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 11:17 AM

I bought a stripped lower shortly before the 2016 election because I was sure Clinton was going to win. It took me a year or so to gather the pieces, and 15 minutes to assemble once I had everything.
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 11:21 AM

Building a 6.5 grendel as we speak, upper should be in any day
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
where in the world are you finding ammo? bullets to load for my 22 250, also a 224, are getting scarce

I know a fella that has a pretty good stockpile of bullets, brass, primers and powder. wink
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 11:40 AM

This is one I painted and put together this past weekend.

Attached picture 20200815_102935.jpg
Attached picture 20200815_102919.jpg
Posted By: WV Danimal

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 11:52 AM

I hate em. Heavy, bulky and extremely loud. Although extremely accurate in most situations, it does no good if it's in the hands of an idiot who just knows he has 30 rounds to just send down that tube in a few seconds. If you're gonna get one for the defense element, then at least learn the weapon well and actually train with it to get the most benefits from it. I've stood on the line for years with people who can't get 10% of that mag on paper even at close range because they're too caught up in that "bang, bang, bang" quick mentality.

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by WV Danimal
I hate em. Heavy, bulky and extremely loud. Although extremely accurate in most situations, it does no good if it's in the hands of an idiot who just knows he has 30 rounds to just send down that tube in a few seconds. If you're gonna get one for the defense element, then at least learn the weapon well and actually train with it to get the most benefits from it. I've stood on the line for years with people who can't get 10% of that mag on paper even at close range because they're too caught up in that "bang, bang, bang" quick mentality.

Any gun that is in the hand of idiots will have the same out come. I buy all quality parts when I put them together so they all shoot good. I have built some very light weight AR's. And if you run a 5 rd mag it makes the rifle pretty light weight.
Posted By: headache73

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 12:39 PM

Yep, depends on how ya build em. First one I put together I got a bull barrel for it. It was just a 16", but I learned my lesson. Think I've done 6 or 7 more, no more bull barrels for me. I've got 1 more lower, gonna start ordering parts tomorrow for it. I built my first one when Obama was in office, but it wasn't because of that. I was just interested in putting one together, but parts were pretty expensive when you could find them. 1lessdog, you did a nice job! I like it
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 12:45 PM

Have an AR15 and a 10. Keep the 10 in the truck most of the time. Great for hogs or other undesirables.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 12:55 PM

I have a new one
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 01:11 PM

I bought a 300rd box of fmj .233 the other day at rural king. They had another box of the same and maybe a half dozen 20rd boxes of 77gr I think they were boat tailed soft points.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 01:14 PM

Bought mine quite a while back for the doggies that need culling.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 01:22 PM

I secured one not because liberals say I shouldn’t but because there is a good chance I will be able to utilize ammo taken off the opposition.
Posted By: white17

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 01:25 PM

Bought one in 2008 sold it for twice as much in 2012.
Never even unwrapped it.

Never liked the things to begin with

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 01:35 PM

Idiots will be stupid with everything , we shouldn't start making cars that only do 55 becaue and idiot will do 100 and kill himself , he can kill himself in a car that does 55 plenty easy as well.

last one I built with optic is 6 pounds even so not so heavy

they also don't need to be loud the 300 blackout AR 16 inch barrel is one of the quietest center fire rifles on the line , nor are 223 really any louder than any hunting rifle put a brake on a 300win , and double up hearing protection sighting it in.

it is one of the easiest rifles to teach people to make hits with low recoil , excellent ergonomics very good accuracy , no manipulation to get another round , no running out of ammo just as they were getting a feel for making hits.

Idiots will be idiots it isn't the rifles fault , maybe some of Hollywood's fault but not the rifle.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 01:41 PM

I want it loud. I want the animal standing next to the target to feel the percussion. lol
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 01:55 PM

I have had at least one for years. My wife bought my first one for me. I changed so much on it I only need a receiver and barrel for another rifle.

I have bought them cheap figured my kids can shoot them. Only to have them stay in the box due to lack of time. Then a panic hits and they were sold for a nice profit. ( one paied for a new suppressor)

Last year I built/assembled an 8.5" blackout pistol braced with suppressor. For my youngest son to deer hunt with because he was recoil sensitive. Its light, handy, fairly quiet, and dose not loose many fps with the short barrel. My little one got over the recoil by deer season and shot his first deer with a supresed 7mm08 at 94 yards instead.

My 9 year old did shoot two with it and I shot one. It works well and is the first time I really have liked the platform.
I don't buy or build them because of the anti's. But I sure have made $ to buy more toys because of them. Some day soon I expected to make a good profit off the piles of mags I have squirreled away buy when they are cheap. I think I can keep what I want a d still make several thousand profit.
Posted By: WV Danimal

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 01:56 PM

Idiots will be stupid with everything , we shouldn't start making cars that only do 55 becaue and idiot will do 100 and kill himself , he can kill himself in a car that does 55 plenty easy as well.

NOBODY implied they shouldn't. Just told you why "I" don't like them.

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 01:57 PM

The carbine length barrels are louder than there longer barrelled versions. Need to look into getting a suppressor for mine for doing nuisance work

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 01:58 PM

A few more I put together.

Attached picture 20200611_172050.jpg
Attached picture 20200811_181052.jpg
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 02:00 PM

I bought mine to hunt with way before the political crap.

[Linked Image]

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
The carbine length barrels are louder than there longer barrelled versions. Need to look into getting a suppressor for mine for doing nuisance work

Don't expect it to be Hollywood quiet or even hearing safe in .556. The round is loud and the plarform dose not suppress well. It dose reduce the noise but you may be disappointed depending on your expectations. If you want to check out what I'm talking about and get in southern indiana north of Louisville pm me and you can come shoot mine at the farm.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Don't expect it to be Hollywood quiet or even hearing safe in .556. The round is loud and the plarform dose not suppress well. It dose reduce the noise but you may be disappointed depending on your expectations. If you want to check out what I'm talking about and get in southern indiana north of Louisville pm me and you can come shoot mine at the farm.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021158557?pid=908642 - these really helped with the noise on mine. Directs it away from you.

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 02:06 PM

I don't need quiey. Just need it to change the noise profile to less gun shotty. My air rifles are loud to me but they don't sound like a gun going off.

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 02:13 PM

I don't need quiey. Just need it to change the noise profile to less gun shotty. My air rifles are loud to me but they don't sound like a gun going off.

Think unsurpassed .22mag sound with a supresed ar in 5.56. Even my blackout with supper sonic ammo supresed my ears will ring after 20+ shots. Subsonic is a different story.
Now my daughter's supresed 7mm08 rem 700. That's nice.
My offer is open if you make it this way.
Posted By: Trapper M

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 02:17 PM

Wish I had any for sale with 1,000 cases of ammo? cool laugh

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 02:55 PM

Idiots will be stupid with everything , we shouldn't start making cars that only do 55 because and idiot will do 100 and kill himself , he can kill himself in a car that does 55 plenty easy as well.

NOBODY implied they shouldn't. Just told you why "I" don't like them.

you can not like anything you want , that is find by me.

I was just thinking this is like the logic of not liking beer because it makes other people be stupid

Beer doesn't make me stupid and I can enjoy it for a beverage and not worry about how it makes other people stupid.

the Antifa fools are buying shotguns in mass does that make you want to get rid of your shotgun or or like shotguns less?

my dad never saw himself behind an AR , decided to come try some of mine , he was just grinning , he was shooting the smallest groups of his life and with no pain from recoil hsi is busted up and arthritic with all sorts of rods and pins holding him together. now he loves his for deer hunting his is 300 blackout.
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 03:36 PM

I was inspired to buy one the night of the Dem debate when Bozo O'Rourke declared he was going to confiscate them all! Have yet to fire it...

Pete
Posted By: headache73

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 04:11 PM

I've got several friends who work at Lake City. I got a case of 1000 last month on the employee sale for $100, but my wife has been going through that with the pistol I finished for her a few weeks ago. She told me I better find some more grin

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by headache73

I've got several friends who work at Lake City. I got a case of 1000 last month on the employee sale for $100, but my wife has been going through that with the pistol I finished for her a few weeks ago. She told me I better find some more grin

Put me down for 20 cases at that price. I can't load it for that.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 06:34 PM

I need one.....my Flintlocks will only get me so far.... [Linked Image]
Posted By: grumley701

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 06:42 PM

[Linked Image]

Do AR pistols count? these are new CMMG Banshee's, the wife's 9mm and my 10mm....fun stuff..
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 06:51 PM

I used to have quite a few before the great river accident got em. Did i tell you I was a scuba instructor? oh well.
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 07:45 PM

Just bought one a few months ago along with 2000 rounds of 5.56 but not because they said I can't but because of the large groups of morons running together. Wanted to be able to get them all if they come to my house.
Posted By: CajunMan

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 07:45 PM

Bought mine when Obummer got elected and have since stacked up close to forty 30 round mags and a couple cases of ammo, not to mention all the handgun ammo and shotgun shells

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 10:27 PM

Oh and I got 6 extra 30 rd gen 3 mags
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/18/20 10:30 PM

I built my first AR15 when there was no rimfire ammo to be had and I can load my plinking rounds in 223R about as cheap or cheaper than I could get 22LR for then. So I all but quit with the rimfire game.
Posted By: trap master

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/19/20 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by headache73

same here headache, i posted something back when the sale started but was embarrassed to say what we were payin for 1000 round cases, like i said then, i "invested" my stimulus check....been buyin it at these prices for several years. Im ready for BLM or Antifa.
Posted By: waggler

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/19/20 12:13 AM

Regardless of what kind of firearms I might own I sure wouldn't post about it on a public forum.

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/19/20 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
Regardless of what kind of firearms I might own I should wouldn't post about it on a public forum.

We are telling Beto O’Rourke to come and get them.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/19/20 01:31 AM

I for one did not buy a single ar -- lots of parts and pieces though -- paid cash for most . good luck.

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/19/20 07:08 PM

It doesn't bother me to say what I have on here because if they show up looking for mine , I just sold all of them for cash to a guy named Joe Smith.

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/20/20 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
Regardless of what kind of firearms I might own I sure wouldn't post about it on a public forum.

When you play the NFA game your on so many list it truly dose not matter.

Also if you buy and sell frequently. Honestly I forget what all I have at times. If it's a good deal I buy whether I need it or not.
Posted By: Finster

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/20/20 12:56 AM

I lost all of mine in a boating accident on Lake Erie. cry
Posted By: Artrapper16

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/21/20 01:07 AM

I've been thinking about getting one because I like guns and also because democrats think they are the devil but I will definitely be shooting it. The biggest reason I haven't bought one is I can't settle on a caliber.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/21/20 01:32 AM

I am so glad to hear. I am not the only guy that bought rifles and they are still in the box. Ammo as well

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/21/20 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Artrapper16
I've been thinking about getting one because I like guns and also because democrats think they are the devil but I will definitely be shooting it. The biggest reason I haven't bought one is I can't settle on a caliber.

223/5.56 for your first one is a good choice , reasonable priced ammo and it is kind of the base of the platform

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 08/21/20 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Huntall76
It doesn't bother me to say what I have on here because if they show up looking for mine , I just sold all of them for cash to a guy named Joe Smith.

Hmm. I also sold mine to a guy by the same name. I wonder if he is the same person?
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 09/03/20 01:27 AM

Ironically, so did I...what are the chances?
Posted By: Wallace

Re: How many of you bought an AR15 style of rifle... - 09/03/20 02:03 PM

I resisted the ARs for years. Then I started needing to shoot at hogs running across pasture. The AR platform was the best choice for many reasons.
A little over a year ago i started shooting 3gun. I had no idea how poorly i would perform in any type of conflict. Also, i quickly learned that all my cool tactical stuff was not so good in reality. Now, my rifles are set up with a 1- 6x optic and maybe 45 irons. A freefloat handguard that goes all the way to the muzzle device. And a good trigger. This has me quickly engaging targets from 3ft to 600 yards.
Ive learned (at least for me) that anything else just complicated things and doesnt improve my performance.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums