Home

not so good news

Posted By: cotton

not so good news - 08/28/20 12:28 AM

just got home today from a stay at the hospital, went to the er after the wife begged me since early monday morning. so tuesday moring was not feeling much if any better and let my sister drive me to the er. doc ran some tests and a pee test( man my pee looked muddy water) then xray and a ct scan. said i had a bad kindey infectoin and needed to be checked in the hospital and gave iv meds.
then the doc looks me in the eye and says the ct scan shows a pretty big abdominal aortic aneurysm says i need to get it fix as soon i can.
so monday went from playing with one of granddaughters to now what do i do shocked
Posted By: cheechako

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 12:34 AM

Get it fixed or they’ll carry you out in a box. That thing ruptures and you’ll be alive just long enough to realize something bad happened. That’s nothing to play with.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 12:36 AM

What he said! Not time to be stubborn for sure!
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 12:42 AM

Looks like that trip to the e.r. was a blessing in disguise. They can fix that thing and you'll be good as new.
Posted By: Zim

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 12:44 AM

Dad blast it Cotton.
I sent a prayer up from Wisconsin.

Zim

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 12:49 AM

thanks yall i'll getting it done asap
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 12:53 AM

All the best on your surgery and recovery! God Speed.

Chris
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by cotton

Good!

If you notice a deep, sudden intense and constant pain in your abdomen or on the side of your abdomen, could also be a tearing sensation, back pain or a pulse near your bellybutton. Get 911 on the phone ASAP!!

Good luck with the repair.
Posted By: trapper124

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 12:59 AM

just got home today from a stay at the hospital, went to the er after the wife begged me since early monday morning. so tuesday moring was not feeling much if any better and let my sister drive me to the er. doc ran some tests and a pee test( man my pee looked muddy water) then xray and a ct scan. said i had a bad kindey infectoin and needed to be checked in the hospital and gave iv meds.
then the doc looks me in the eye and says the ct scan shows a pretty big abdominal aortic aneurysm says i need to get it fix as soon i can.
so monday went from playing with one of granddaughters to now what do i do shocked

How big
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:01 AM

Pinch them nurses... They love that stuff..... lol No don't do that they don't really like that..... well maybe a little.

Get that sucker fixed.

Prayers sent.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:05 AM

Hang in there...GOD IS GOOD !!!
Prayers from Va...

Donnie
Posted By: Mike C

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:15 AM

Like topdog said, blessing in disguise. Many die from this each year without ever knowing anything was wrong. As mentioned, surgery asap is required.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Looks like that trip to the e.r. was a blessing in disguise. They can fix that thing and you'll be good as new.

X2
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:21 AM

Yah.....get it done tomorrow
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:22 AM

Thank god for naggy wifes.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:26 AM

Getur done and prayers for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: white17

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:28 AM

Holy cow get that thing fixed ASAP !! I'll send you some jelly !!
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Diggerman

Like they say “Wives save Lives “
Posted By: headache73

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:37 AM

My Dad had one. They'll put a stent in it, no big deal. Just do it soon as possible
Posted By: Kent Smith

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:39 AM

Cotton,

I have seen this happen quite a few times. Our body produces a problem that causes us to see a Dr. about the problem, so, we will find out about the most serious important problem. God designed an amazing body so get it fixed and take good care of it so you can have lots more fun with the grandbabies.

TrapperKent
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:41 AM

Dang Cotton, You'll do anything for attention! lol. I'd like to hear your going in tomorrow to get that bulge fixed! Those things are scary! I'll keep you in my prayers, bud!
Posted By: LCoutdoorsman333

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:45 AM

get it taken care of sooner then later... my pops had one didn't know it. got to hospital day later gets results back doctor about beat the interns looking at his scan results it was about to burst any minute. his emergency surgery revealed he had same aneurysm as you but his whole aorta was black and rotten when the doc went in. the doctor had never seen it before. had to replace it all with a plastic tube. surgery took forever. he lived and to this day is the only person its ever been done on. can see the tube down his side. can't walk all too far cause the tube he used is smaller than a real aorta. looks funny. but point is never know really. he's still the center for all sorts attention every time he gets check ups tons interns and doctors come to look at it. good luck prayer sent for ya.
Posted By: Cattrax

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:46 AM

That isn't soon enough man, get in there now and tell them to get to work! Prayers for you.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 02:00 AM

Kick it's a$$, sea bass.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Originally Posted by Diggerman

Like they say “Wives save Lives “

grin
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 02:19 AM

Can't stress enough guys, you need to take precautions...my dad NEVER went to the doc, dropped dead at 52! Get your yearly blood work done, and consult your doc, if you want to see your grandkids (grow up)!
Posted By: corky

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 02:21 AM

Get it done. Prayers sent.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 02:28 AM

Prayers sent your way
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 02:32 AM

Prayers my friend
Posted By: Cragar

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 02:33 AM

Prayers sent. Get-r-done.
Posted By: Actor

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 03:00 AM

Wow Cotton... sorry to hear that... I am sending prayers your way. Hope you are feeling better real soon... trapping season will be on us soon.

Garry-
Posted By: chas3457

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 03:26 AM

Prayers sent.

Charlie
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 03:34 AM

I'd say it's great news. Without finding that your chances of survival when it did go pop aren't that great.
Posted By: Minker

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 03:34 AM

Get with it or i'll send MawlCat down there after you .
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 03:55 AM

Glad to hear they found the thing before it was too late. Now get the danged thing fixed. You're in our prayers.
Posted By: adam m

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 05:10 AM

Praying for you
Posted By: MChewk

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 10:12 AM

Thinking of you Cotton ...get that fixed ASAP.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 11:09 AM

will be praying for you , keep us posted ,

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by trapper124

How big

4mm i think is what the er doc said
Posted By: Garryowen

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 11:27 AM

Prayers sent

Garryowen
Posted By: Northwing70

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 11:49 AM

You also will be in our thoughts and prayers
Posted By: flash

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 11:56 AM

hey tony prayers for ya
Posted By: EdP

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 12:07 PM

See a cardiologist and get a second opinion and a second scan targeted specifically at the aorta. It truly is a case of "size matters." An aortic aneurysm is a section of the aorta that is ballooned and will typically continue to expand over time, with the associated wall thinning that leads to continued expansion until rupture if not addressed. They are relatively predictable at the early stages and are typically monitored over time until surgery is needed (at a particular size). When scans are taken there can be variation in the size estimate based on the views obtained and the individual radiologist reading the scan. Repair of an abdominal aortic aneurysm can be done via scope and has minimal impact once healed. Repair of a thoracic aneurysm at this time can not be done without open heart surgery and is a whole different deal.

I missed that you said it was abdominal in your post. My cardiologist told me they are easy to fix, all done via scope now. The thoracic are the hard ones.
Posted By: bandy

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 12:26 PM

Take care cotton if you need anything just let me know take care you will be in our prayers.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:02 PM

These aneurysm deals are nothing to wait around for. I have had friends find out they had them a few times, It was always just a bump in the road for the ones that had surgery. My mother 's doctor found one in my mother...same spot as yours. She decided to ignore it because the Sawbones made the mistake of telling a stubborn old woman she had to quit booze and nicotine for 30 days before she could have the thing fixed. When it blew it killed her almost instantly. Don't wait, and good luck to you Mr. Cotton, they can fix this.
Posted By: sotired

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:09 PM

The thing isn't going to fix itself, and you are going to die if you don't get it fixed. No choice here, you are just going to have to get it done, and then keep moving fore ward. You are in our prayers.
Posted By: bad karma

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:11 PM

get it fixed asap cotton, don't want to be chipping in for flowers you won't see....
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:27 PM

Take care
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: not so good news - 08/28/20 01:49 PM

Best wishes t,old friend.
Posted By: trapper124

Re: not so good news - 08/30/20 09:05 PM

oopppssss

Re: not so good news - 08/31/20 01:23 AM

THANKS MARK i am not letting it rule me, will get it checked out soon tho
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: not so good news - 08/31/20 01:40 AM

Keeping you in my prayers Cotton.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: not so good news - 08/31/20 02:25 AM

Cotton,

I pray God has you scraping fat from $1 raccoons for years to come sir.
Stay well and thank God often for your blessings.
He hears.

Mark
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: not so good news - 08/31/20 05:54 AM

Cotton
Sending prayers to you and your family from the OBX and
for God’s healing touch as you recover.
May the Greatest Healer guide your doctors and nurses and
give them wisdom and guidance in your care and treatment.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: not so good news - 08/31/20 06:26 AM

What you do is get it taken care of as if your life depended on. Because it does.

Miss Linda wouldn't know what to do without you.
Posted By: RdFx

Re: not so good news - 08/31/20 10:36 AM

Prayers Cottom fm the ol RdFx fm Wis, get well... Lee Sillars
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: not so good news - 08/31/20 12:36 PM

Sent with prayer for a fast recovery.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums