Home

Holding a yard sale

Posted By: James

Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 01:13 AM

We're holding a weekend yard sale, and I want to ask for opinions on what some of this stuff might be worth. Couldn't find much relevant info on Trap Shed at this time.

Cabela's Alaskan Guide tent, six-person, with vestibule and footprint. Good, but well-used.

Trap packbasket, wood slats (birch, I think)- never used.

Misc. 330s, good to excellent.

Belisle 330s, excellent condition.

220s, 280s, 120s- Misc. and Belisle, excellent.

Misc. 110s.

Footholds- Nos. 1, 3, 4 LS

#3 Bridger double-coil

1 CDR

Wolf snares -Camlock with swiveled attachment wire

Misc. fox and coyote snares

Ram snares, fox, coyote, wolf size.

Thanks.

Jim
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 01:16 AM

what do you want for the 330 Belisles?
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 01:19 AM

All proceeds to the Kamala/Biden campaign ?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 01:22 AM

Any Trump signs?
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 01:23 AM

James, yard sales are for getting rid of junk cheap to ease the conscience of not taking it to the dump. That's not junk! lol.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by James
We're holding a weekend yard sale, and I want to ask for opinions on what some of this stuff might be worth. Couldn't find much relevant info on Trap Shed at this time.

Cabela's Alaskan Guide tent, six-person, with vestibule and footprint. Good, but well-used.
$100
$50
$10
$15
$10
Misc. 110s.
$3
$2, $5, $10
#3 Bridger double-coil
$10
1 CDR
$10
$2
$.25
$.50
Thanks.
You’re welcome
Jim
Rob
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 01:36 AM

Any MAGA hats?

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 01:39 AM

Thanks, Rob. But your price on Ram snares is way low, since I'm talking about with the long spring, not just the disposable snare.

Jim
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 01:40 AM

Thanks, Rob. But your price on Ram snares is way low, since I'm talking about with the long spring, not just the disposable snare.

Jim

$5

Sorry if I was giving them away! I was just trying to bring in the buyers for the other things.

I don’t use ram snares here... disposable cable restraints only.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
All proceeds to the Kamala/Biden campaign ?

grin
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 01:44 AM

shoot me a price on the 330's....
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 01:48 AM

Yardsale prices on stuff is dirt cheap - too cheap to make it a good place to sell quality stuff. Try facebook marketplace or craigslist (if they allow trapping supplies). They are the new classifieds.

For pricing, it seems that most things in pretty good condition used are priced at about half the new price on the above sites. At yardsales, things are priced for pennies on the dollar.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 03:09 PM

What M guy said, yard sales are for cheap crap, and you got to put up with everyone offering pennies on the dollar...
Let go is another site
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 03:12 PM

Sounds like you have some stuff to post on the "trap shed".....
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 03:19 PM

We average 7 to 1,200 bucks on our 3 day sales every year.
Resale extras from picking/ yard sales and auctions.

Our purchases ( what we keep ) are then paid for

Signage is most important we use 24 signs so they are visible from the last sign after 10 seconds. People are impatient now days.

Trapping gear goes low unless at a flea market.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 04:18 PM

James, our prices down here will not reflect Alaska’s. Goodness, a bag of Doritos is like $12 up there. I’ve shipped lots of Grizzle Getters up there and it ain’t cheap. Have an idea of what you’ll accept and start the horse trading. Toe some dirt, point out all good qualities and best of luck.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker
James, our prices down here will not reflect Alaska’s. Goodness, a bag of Doritos is like $12 up there. I’ve shipped lots of Grizzle Getters up there and it ain’t cheap. Have an idea of what you’ll accept and start the horse trading. Toe some dirt, point out all good qualities and best of luck.

Should be less than $9 unless you are shipping them in bulk. You can tape the edge, fold cardboard around them and pack probably 2 into a padded flat rate envelope. I'd double or tripple the envelopes and tape the inside ones as well.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 05:17 PM

I'll give you $100 for it all if you pay shipping.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 07:49 PM

How come no matter what yard sales I go to it's always old ketchup bottles and baby clothes. I'd love to go to yours and take an Alaskan vacation too
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 08:41 PM

Misc. 110s.

#3 Bridger double-coil

1 CDR

Thanks.

Jim

Remember to keep track of what you sell. The IRS expects you to claim any sales receipts. LLL
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 08:52 PM

tree fiddy
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 09:02 PM

I'm interested in the power rams but I doubt I could afford the postage just because I've never used them before .
I know someone who maybe coming down but I'm not sure if he would have room or not .
Allan
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 09:56 PM

Just exactly why do things have to be sold cheap at yard sales? You can put whatever prices you want on them. I put quality things on tables at yard sales and if you dont like the price you can get a chinese inferior copy at walmarts for more money.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/28/20 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker

I was going to point out that traps in AK should bring more than here in the lowly 48.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/29/20 01:15 AM

I used to work with a yard sale hound. He bought at them and had his own sales. Hew would have sales starting on Friday evenings running through Saturday's. The starts on Friday evenings would be absolutely no reduction in price until noon Saturday. He done very well. James, just make sure none of your items are "hot"!

Re: Holding a yard sale - 08/29/20 01:38 AM

I did some work preparing these traps, so won't let them go for a song. I think there's good demand up here, especially for the Belisles.

Jim
Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: Holding a yard sale - 09/15/20 05:04 AM

Good traps and good price. Thanks Jim

Re: Holding a yard sale - 09/15/20 05:17 AM

Those traps were just sitting in the shed. Go forth and catch some furbearing critters with them!

Nice meeting you, Jarl.

Jim
© 2024 Trapperman Forums