Home

Big Ten Startup.

Posted By: LDW

Big Ten Startup. - 08/28/20 07:55 PM

Because of advancements in testing, the Big Ten is considering moving up the start date for football to the week of Thanksgiving. It's a $5 test that gets result in as little as 15 minutes. Let's hope so.
Posted By: corky

Re: Big Ten Startup. - 08/28/20 08:17 PM

I hope they do something since I have sworn off of professional sports otherwise it will be a very boring winter.

Re: Big Ten Startup. - 08/28/20 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by corky
I hope they do something since I have sworn off of professional sports otherwise it will be a very boring winter.

My thinking exactly. I've resorted to watching reruns on BTN. Lol
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Big Ten Startup. - 08/28/20 09:29 PM

Still think that's too late, especially for post season implications
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Big Ten Startup. - 08/28/20 10:31 PM

News today said 8 Nebraska players filed lawsuits against the Big10 for, essentially, cancelling their season. I reckon, some folks have a lot to lose if they don't play. Apparently, they don't figure their adolescent psych degree is going to take them where they want to go. And the criminal justice degree is, totally, worthless at this point.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Big Ten Startup. - 08/28/20 10:36 PM

They will probably play two or three weeks and then declare one of thier teams NC.

Re: Big Ten Startup. - 08/28/20 11:24 PM

Some players could stand to lose millions in the draft. Not necessarily the case with the Nebraska kids. It's going to put a big hurt on the businesses in Lincoln, a big share of their income is from game day.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Big Ten Startup. - 08/28/20 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by LDW
Some players could stand to lose millions in the draft. Not necessarily the case with the Nebraska kids. It's going to put a big hurt on the businesses in Lincoln, a big share of their income is from game day.

Maybe their change of heart has more to do with $ than testing. Lol
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Big Ten Startup. - 08/29/20 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by LDW

It's a big hurt to every college sport program that doesn't play. Mend basketball barely makes a profit. Every other sport is a loss. Then figure recruiting ramifications for the inactive schools.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums