Home

Sad Day

Posted By: yotetrapper30

Sad Day - 09/01/20 09:48 AM

I remember watching football since I was a little kid. I watched NFL for years, and got into college ball later in life. Since starting to watch football, Alabama has always been my team. I gave up NFL when Kapernick first knelt. I knew it was only a matter of time until the insanity spread to college ball. That started last week, with both Ole Miss and MS State cancelling practices in honor of a rapist killed by police. I still held out a small ray of hope for Bama, but yesterday that ended, with Saban marching through the streets with the team holding signs saying BLM and All Lives Can't Matter. It is with a heavy heart that I now give up ALL organized sports. No college ball for me anymore.

On the upside, I guess I'll have more time to hunt and trap.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 10:35 AM

I feel your pain....When Kentucky saw fit to get involved with telling Mississippi what flag they should have, that done it for me.

I'm done!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 10:39 AM

Figured this would happen. Arkansas hasn't done nothing yet that I know of but I figure it's just a matter of time.
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 10:42 AM

This capped it off for me. Lots more free time this winter.

https://www.wkyt.com/2020/09/01/uk-mens-basketball-players-call-for-racial-justice-in-new-video/
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 10:53 AM

Yotetrapper30, its a tough day to reconcile but it is reality.

I used to have four season tickets on end of a row for husker games. We had those for years. Now the huskers of course nosedived into crapper over the years but prices kept going up and my wife and I finally said this is stupid for our family to watch a bunch of college kids.

Let's see...we generally had 7 home games at $50-$60 per seat, x 4 seats, plus $250 per seat donation requirement that under IRS rules we could only claim 20% of that and the real tax credit impact was even less than that. No clue what they charge ticket holders today but that was what we paid in early Bo Pallini years and that was a couple of coaches ago. That also doesn't include anything you buy at the games too like $5 bottle of water or $7 sandwich, x 4, amd if game days are hot you need to buy way more water for everyone because you cannot bring your own into the stadium, plus gas to drive to the game, plus parking costs, etc. Etc. Etc. It was an insane amount of money and they sold out every game for how many years? Thats nuts. Then in moving to big ten conference if you have BTN network you can stay in comfort of your home and watch pretty much all 7 home games. They still fill the stadium though. And the team isn't even winning! Team now isn't playing at all this fall and you'll think the sky fell here. Lots of teams in other sports in spring had to forego their seasons...now its fall sports turn to sit out for COVId and the folks here are screaming because their $ are not in motion around here. Fall was like black Friday for most restaurants and bars too, let alone the ticket and concession sales revenues.

Add in some political flavor like you are seeing with your Crimson Tide...and its an eye opener for sure. Think of what Saban alone earns, let alone what that team generates for the college and your community, and yep by gosh they can and will parade and wave promoting whatever they want to do. Thats the reality of it. Kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth doesn't it?? At endnof day they are just college kids, too, and most will not go on to play professional sports but hopefully will be good citizens. What a machine we have built with college football economics. Wow.

Jim
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I remember watching football since I was a little kid. I watched NFL for years, and got into college ball later in life. Since starting to watch football, Alabama has always been my team. I gave up NFL when Kapernick first knelt. I knew it was only a matter of time until the insanity spread to college ball. That started last week, with both Ole Miss and MS State cancelling practices in honor of a rapist killed by police. I still held out a small ray of hope for Bama, but yesterday that ended, with Saban marching through the streets with the team holding signs saying BLM and All Lives Can't Matter. It is with a heavy heart that I now give up ALL organized sports. No college ball for me anymore.

"All lives can't matter"??? Are you serious?
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 12:19 PM

YES that's what the sign said, ALL LIVES CAN'T MATTER! Well guess what, Alabama football and liberal loving Saban don't matter either!

Been a die hard fan, enjoyed all the championship's, etc. but im not alone, this is the wrong state to be doing such, hope they can sell enough
Mercede's cars and suv's to keep paying Saban's salary, won't get another dime out of me nor A WHOLE LOT of use to be fan's they had in this
state either.

Tuition keeps going up, education you get isn't worth the paper it's written on, etc, etc. College's are about to die off in record fashion in the coming
years. It's just sad that liberals have / are destroying EVERY tradition in this country that once binded us together and made our country strong.

As for money the team brought in annually, it was a one BILLION dollar impact on the state! Tuscaloosa has a liberal democrat mayor so of course
the whole town is near lock down, voter's are just waiting on an election to remove him, most are fit to be tied already before Saban pulled this stunt.

Imagine he'll be retiring soon anyway so he doesn't care.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 01:43 PM

Yep
I saw that yesterday
Saban sucks
Posted By: hippie

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 01:45 PM

I hope you didn't think Alabama was above the B.S. Other colleges are teaching.

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 01:46 PM

Yep.
Go trapping + Go fishing = enjoy creation.
Read Scripture.
Hug your family.
God
Spouse
Children
... in that order

Keep your eye on the real joys of life.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 02:07 PM

I think the NCAA is allowing players to put SJW messages on their uniforms
Posted By: charles

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 02:11 PM

NC State cancelled their football season yesterday. Cited injuries as well as the number of players who opted not to return this year.

College football funds many other athletic programs.

Suppose a public or private university has financed a new stadium. Season closing will be a big problem, but who wants to foreclose on a football stadium?

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝

SJW???
Posted By: Marty

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 04:29 PM

Supporters of blm are my enemies. Period.

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝

SJW???

Social justice warrior
Posted By: Savell

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 04:46 PM

... why do they want to play a sport white folk came up with anyway ... sounds Uncle Tomish to me ...

... they should quit and start up a Nguni stick fight league ( I like the uniforms)

[Linked Image]

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
YES that's what the sign said, ALL LIVES CAN'T MATTER! Well guess what, Alabama football and liberal loving Saban don't matter either!

Been a die hard fan, enjoyed all the championship's, etc. but im not alone, this is the wrong state to be doing such, hope they can sell enough
Mercede's cars and suv's to keep paying Saban's salary, won't get another dime out of me nor A WHOLE LOT of use to be fan's they had in this
state either.

Tuition keeps going up, education you get isn't worth the paper it's written on, etc, etc. College's are about to die off in record fashion in the coming
years. It's just sad that liberals have / are destroying EVERY tradition in this country that once binded us together and made our country strong.

As for money the team brought in annually, it was a one BILLION dollar impact on the state! Tuscaloosa has a liberal democrat mayor so of course
the whole town is near lock down, voter's are just waiting on an election to remove him, most are fit to be tied already before Saban pulled this stunt.

Imagine he'll be retiring soon anyway so he doesn't care.

.... hey Jtrap... shouldn’t you be palpating wild hogs or something right now?

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 04:58 PM

... maybe you are and just posting with your left hand... sorry for jumping to conclusions
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 07:11 PM

Actually I think the theme was, "All lives can't matter until Black Lives Matter." At least that is the account I read.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 07:16 PM

Wouldn't it be great if the NFL went broke and players had to go get regular jobs?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 07:37 PM

I don't wish the nfl would go broke. It provides a lot of entertainment for some and there fore revenue and jobs. I dont like it and I often tease people who do but no one is forced to watch

I just wish they would not renew the contracts of entertainers who disrespect our country by refusing to stand for the anthem. They are free people with a right to free speech but their employers have a right to not renew contracts. I hope they lose a LOT of money as more people quit them. maybe it will go go back to being Americas sport again.

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 07:58 PM

... I agree Mr. Clifton ... what are your thoughts on those on the no rehire list starting their own Nguni Stick fighting League? ... there may not be as much strategy as football ... but the championship game would be exciting for sure

.. probably start as pay per view.. but would go mainstream in no time
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 09:49 PM

they need to use bats wrapped in barb wire like the guy on the zombie show
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 10:06 PM

This country has been short of ditch diggers and concrete workers for a long time. I'm sure we can find gainful employment for all the unemployed professional athletes. Or heck, maybe they can become Marines?!
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Wouldn't it be great if the NFL went broke and players had to go get regular jobs?

Doing what ?

Purse snatching and raiding watermelon patches ? shocked
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 11:18 PM

Right there with ya bud. Ill miss it but fill with better joys of life. Im sure they wont miss me.

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

I hoped it, but no, I knew it was only a matter of time. frown

What's even sadder is reading the comments on facebook of all of the people with pro-Trump pics on their profiles saying they're still gonna watch it. Pitiful.
Posted By: cheechako

Re: Sad Day - 09/01/20 11:53 PM

Who do you suppose had the idea for the March? Do you think it was the coaches or the players themselves?

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by cheechako
Who do you suppose had the idea for the March? Do you think it was the coaches or the players themselves?

Don't know. Wouldn't surprise me if it came from somewhere like the Dean at the urging the of the committee for racial equality or some such bs.
Posted By: cheechako

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 12:10 AM

It came directly from the players. They wanted to do a quick march, have some speakers, and go back to where they started. The coaching staff supported them in their efforts, the institution backed them, and 24 hours after the idea was presented the march took place. It wasn’t a BLM march it was a player led and included lots of other student athletes.

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 12:29 AM

You can't say it wasn't a BLM march when they were proudly waving BLM signs.....

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 12:33 AM

What's even sadder is reading the comments on facebook of all of the people with pro-Trump pics on their profiles saying they're still gonna watch it. Pitiful.

I can't fault them much...you can't let idiots take away something you enjoy because they said something stupid. Though I'm sure the commentators will make it nauseating to watch so you'd have to mute it.

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 12:36 AM

To me it's about much more than someone saying something stupid. It is about an entire team supporting a terrorist movement. It's actually horrifying to me.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 12:39 AM

Our schools are a major part of what's going on.

Grandkid, grade school age, was here one day and said Trumps a big lier and is ruining the United sates . Now this kid doesn't have tv with news channels, they have some internet thing that their dad regulates the channels they watch so I asked him where he heard those things? He said his teacher! A grade school teacher is giving her class her political views...not right!

We all know how nuts the college professors are.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 01:58 AM

These coaches hands are tied. Think of how many would quit or how recruiting would go it they didn't try to show support to their players. I bet when they vote they will have a different view.

Oh and Sam already marched with his players back in the summer. I think they will be doing something else soon too.

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 03:43 AM

Y’all are doing everything you can to justify nonsense...

.... no nonsense in this sport here....and it’s easy to be a fan .. just root against the Brazilians lol...

[Linked Image]

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 04:02 AM

No justifying here. I can't type out what those former Bama cotton pickers can do on here though.

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 04:11 AM

... wasn’t talking about you Yote lol

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 04:19 AM

... however I do think combining the PBR with Gnuni stick fighting would be a great idea... think about it.. a Gnuni stick fighting match about six foot in front of the chute ... then ol busted up Mauney breaks out of there on top of asteroid... talk about ratings lol

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 04:52 AM

We obviously live in different worlds. Not sure how a can of beer can break up a Gnuni stick fighting match. Unless of course the Gnuni's over-imbibe.

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 05:11 AM

... I ain’t bitin Yote lol .. even an ex yank like you knows what the PBR is lol
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 10:08 AM

Yote, I think PBR in this case means professional bull riding. That would make sense with the picture of a bull in one of his posts and Savell talking about a chute.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 11:48 AM

Shouldn’t be a problem, they are college educated. whistle

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Savell
Y’all are doing everything you can to justify nonsense...

.... no nonsense in this sport here....and it’s easy to be a fan .. just root against the Brazilians lol...

[Linked Image]

And this ladies and gents is what keeps Shiner beer in bidness!
Donna and I enjoy a good rodeo and a good brewski.
"Ride 'em cowboy!"

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Savell
... I ain’t bitin Yote lol .. even an ex yank like you knows what the PBR is lol

LOL. I do. But there was a time I didn't. When I first heard the term PBR associated with bull riding I thought the beer company was sponsoring the rodeo, lol.
Posted By: We-Sa

Re: Sad Day - 09/02/20 02:50 PM

“Would you like a hot apple pie with whopper or some nachos?”

I’m with Mark & Savell on this, not many things can top what they’ve mentioned or shown.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums