Home

Believe nothing you hear 1/2 of what you see

Posted By: stinkypete

Believe nothing you hear 1/2 of what you see - 09/01/20 08:15 PM

This was told to me 50 yrs ago. That little saying holds so true today. Keep the faith brothers and sisters. This storm shall pass. The media is nothing more than the medicine man coming thru the old west. Or the magicians. News Reports and twisted stories to sell advertising for a huge viewing base.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Believe nothing you hear 1/2 of what you see - 09/02/20 02:42 AM

Yip!

That's what my Mommie told me; and the timing, about 50 years ago, matches pretty well
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Believe nothing you hear 1/2 of what you see - 09/02/20 09:08 AM

so true ,
Posted By: frank1969

Re: Believe nothing you hear 1/2 of what you see - 09/02/20 10:14 AM

Words my pap put into my mind a long time ago,. I still believe in them there words
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Believe nothing you hear 1/2 of what you see - 09/02/20 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by stinkypete
This was told to me 50 yrs ago. That little saying holds so true today. Keep the faith brothers and sisters. This storm shall pass. The media is nothing more than the medicine man coming thru the old west. Or the magicians. News Reports and twisted stories to sell advertising for a huge viewing base.

A lot of truth in that statement. Rush calls the the “Drive By Media” just like a drive by shooting. They find a story or make one up. Then drive by at 60 with no regard for the truth, people, or the constitution. Ruin some lives, destroy reputations, and then disappear.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Believe nothing you hear 1/2 of what you see - 09/02/20 12:08 PM

Gotta enjoy those old 18th and 19th century quotes. It was a time of deeeeepppppp reflection.

They say this quote was from the devout atheist Edgar Allan Poe, but this is the paraphrased version we hear today I guess.

In context, Poe would have been poking fun at the religious who proclaimed believe nothing with your own eyes and 1/2 what others tell you.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Believe nothing you hear 1/2 of what you see - 09/02/20 01:55 PM

My grandpa used to say some people will lie to you for the sake of lying. I think we used to consider those folks rare but I think they are easier to find nowadays. Just turn on the TV or log into the internet and you trip over the fools
© 2024 Trapperman Forums