Home

Remington v3 Field Sport semi 12ga

Posted By: WV Danimal

Remington v3 Field Sport semi 12ga - 09/02/20 01:46 PM

Any likes/dislikes on this gun? I have an opportunity to buy one with Indian Creek Choke, Mossy Oak camo, sling, red dot camo scope and a few boxes TSS (turkey set up) for half price what he paid for it. Been shot twice. Not that I need another gun but I've never owned a semi shotgun.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Remington v3 Field Sport semi 12ga - 09/02/20 02:10 PM

so he wants about 400 for it ?

only 2x , I guess I would be more interested in the motivation to sell the gun after 2 rounds

semi shotguns can be very nice , I have shot the versamax , 1100 and 11-87 if you were selling any of those in almost NIB condition for 400 I would be interested.
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: Remington v3 Field Sport semi 12ga - 09/02/20 10:25 PM

I have had a V3 for about 14 months. I have put well over 1000 rounds through it in that time shooting clays. The gun has been flawless.
Posted By: garymc

Re: Remington v3 Field Sport semi 12ga - 09/02/20 11:25 PM

I have an original versa max that I shot sporting clays with for a few years. 3000+ rounds through it and it has functioned flawless. Easy to clean and very soft shooting. I just bought a Custom Beretta A400 Xcel with the Kick off unit for sporting clays and it does not shoot near as soft as the Versa Max.

I bet the V3 coupled with some TSS would be one soft shooting turkey killing machine.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Remington v3 Field Sport semi 12ga - 09/03/20 09:48 AM

Love mine.Best shotgun I have ever owned.
Posted By: WV Danimal

Re: Remington v3 Field Sport semi 12ga - 09/03/20 11:43 AM

This friend is retired and wanted to try turkey hunting so he asked me to help him set this thing up. He chose the gun and I directed him to my choice of optics, choke and ammo. After getting the entire package together, he decided he liked bass fishing a lot better than being in the woods that time of year. Comes with enough TSS to pay for 1/4 of the gun. He buys several guns but uses very few of them. I don't mind being there when he wishes to off load some.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Remington v3 Field Sport semi 12ga - 09/03/20 12:55 PM

then stuff the money in his hand and get the gun in yours.

that may be the only shotgun deal in the entire country right now

my son wanted a shotgun for his B-day early July so I go looking , almost everything was sold out

I found a family member who had won a shotgun many years ago willing to part hadn't been shot in years for a very reasonable price.

let me get cash in your hand before you change your mind.
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Remington v3 Field Sport semi 12ga - 09/03/20 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by garymc
I have an original versa max that I shot sporting clays with for a few years. 3000+ rounds through it and it has functioned flawless. Easy to clean and very soft shooting. I just bought a Custom Beretta A400 Xcel with the Kick off unit for sporting clays and it does not shoot near as soft as the Versa Max.

I bet the V3 coupled with some TSS would be one soft shooting turkey killing machine.

I have a Beretta A400 Upland with K/O. It is not as soft shooting as my old Beretta A303 with target ammo. The Kick Off shock absorber doesn't start working until you are shooting stiffer ammo. I have not tried them side by side with 1-3/4 oz loads.

The V3 gets high marks in all reviews that I've seen. A gun set up the way you would want it for half the money is a no brainer. Buy it or give up the source, I call second in line smile
© 2024 Trapperman Forums