Home

Anyone A Member of a Militia?

Posted By: Anonymous

Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 09:50 PM

Not the overthrow the government type but the protect the Constitution type. Curious on what these groups do and activities they conduct.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:02 PM

Curious as well
Posted By: We-Sa

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:03 PM

No idea, although I did take an oath to defend the U.S. Constitution from ALL enemies, both foreign and domestic.I take this oath very seriously.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:08 PM

I know about a month ago, BLM was going to tear down a statue on the capital grounds in Little Rock. The militia, the protect the Constitution type, showed up and rained on BLM's parade.
Posted By: K9BeavCoon

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:08 PM

2nd Amendment:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

We are all part of the militia.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:10 PM

Another 2nd Amendment militia member here, ready to rock-n-roll.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by K9BeavCoon
2nd Amendment:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This

Besides I've twice taken an oath to defend the Constitution.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:13 PM

no but i did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:15 PM

Not yet, but our county board is tring to get 1 set up.

Donnie
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:19 PM

None to speak of.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:20 PM

2nd Amendment:

True but I was thinking more along the lines of an organized militia.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:20 PM

I don't think they'll accept an old Kraut in their club lol ... So I'll just stick up for me and mine I guess. I don't think I have the stomach to stay at a Holiday in either.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
None to speak of.

I was wondering if you might be a member. Weren't you a part of a group that stopped the tear down of a statue there in KY?
Posted By: K9BeavCoon

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:28 PM

https://www.americancontingency.com/about/
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:30 PM

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
(Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 14, § 311; Pub. L. 85–861, § 1(7), Sept. 2, 1958, 72 Stat. 1439; Pub. L. 103–160, div. A, title V, § 524(a), Nov. 30, 1993, 107 Stat. 1656; renumbered § 246, Pub. L. 114–328, div. A, title XII, § 1241(a)(2), Dec. 23, 2016, 130 Stat. 2497.)

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:41 PM

I thought so ky coyote trapper. How do you get communications that these tear down events are going to occur? The time I hear about any such riot/destructive type activities they are all ready done. That's where I figured local militia's would figure in. A way for communicating and mobilizing before those events occur.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
I don't think they'll accept an old Kraut in their club lol ... So I'll just stick up for me and mine I guess. I don't think I have the stomach to stay at a Holiday in either.

Your an official southern Kraut now. I reckon some good ol' boys up in TN would welcome you in.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:45 PM

before you mobilize you need to train together. if your going to organize and train together you need to find a trainer. prior military.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
before you mobilize you need to train together. if your going to organize and train together you need to find a trainer. prior military.

Me and my buddy been training by shooting a 12×12 steal plate at a 1000 yards cant hit it every time but we are improving lol.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 11:06 PM

OMG Matt28. That is funny right there

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 11:22 PM

Missouri has a very good militia. Got to know some of the higher ups while vending @ gun shows.

http://www.missourimilitia.com/

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 11:25 PM

Is that 12'x12' or 12"x12" ?? Just curious grin
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
I know about a month ago, BLM was going to tear down a statue on the capital grounds in Little Rock. The militia, the protect the Constitution type, showed up and rained on BLM's parade.

Same thing happened when those fools decided to tear down the Alamo.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
2nd Amendment:

This

Besides I've twice taken an oath to defend the Constitution.

Yup, this
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/02/20 11:29 PM

laugh
Posted By: jtg

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 12:05 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NP4jG1_Xno
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 12:16 AM

Yep weekly practice. Handguns one week at pistol club and rifles alternate week at rifle ranges. Good thing to start when u retire!

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 12:18 AM

need to do more than shoot
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Matt28

Me and my buddy been training by shooting a 12×12 steal plate at a 1000 yards cant hit it every time but we are improving lol.
I and some friends who also collect Milsurp weapons have done some long range open sight gong hits. takes about 5-6 shots with my Mosin Nagant sometimes more, but sure sweet when you ring it. I think 800 yards is about it for us.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 01:18 AM

It is 12"x12" lol.
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 01:25 AM

I took the oath at 18 and several other times during the ensuing 20 years. I will defend this country, her constitution and her people. But in that pursuit I will not pick sides, I will fight to let freedom ring for all people, even those I may disagree with.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 02:22 AM

I have been asked several time if I would like to start a militia. I never answer these folks I just ask several questions during the conversation. Like if they are interested in water purification, transportation, communication ie ham radio, gardening and food preservation, and medical training. Inevitably they have very little to no interest in these topics and quickly move back to guns and bullets. They tend to be the type that think that an SKS and 1000 round is all they need. I politely declined saying a militia is not my thing.

Organized militia are great but often are watched and infiltrated so there is that.

Ask your self if the people you are considering aligning with can be trusted to protect your wife and kids like they are there own. If not and they dont bring valuable skills and resources move along.

A group that meets the above would be nice but I have yet to find it so stick to myself.

My .02.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 02:23 AM

Does this count for anything? Back long ago I rang the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia. The real thing. And yes it sounded beautiful.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I have been asked several time if I would like to start a militia. I never answer these folks I just ask several questions during the conversation. Like if they are interested in water purification, transportation, communication ie ham radio, gardening and food preservation, and medical training. Inevitably they have very little to no interest in these topics and quickly move back to guns and bullets. They tend to be the type that think that an SKS and 1000 round is all they need. I politely declined saying a militia is not my thing.

Organized militia are great but often are watched and infiltrated so there is that.

Ask your self if the people you are considering aligning with can be trusted to protect your wife and kids like they are there own. If not and they dont bring valuable skills and resources move along.

A group that meets the above would be nice but I have yet to find it so stick to myself.

My .02.

Very well put.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 02:42 AM

My .02.

That's what I'm interested in and I've researched a few in AR that do just that. A disorganized bunch of gun owners trying to defend their town from ANTIFA/BLM rioters and looters may not work out so well. I was just wondering if anyone participated in local organized militias. Guess being trappers everybody is a lone wolf.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 02:53 AM

J Staton.... we do have some sheep on here as well
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 02:57 AM

yes we all are member of the militia technically in that sense of we can be called on for our service , but have been thinking a local training band a bit more organized might not be a bad idea.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
yes we all are member of the militia technically in that sense of we can be called on for our service , but have been thinking a local training band a bit more organized might not be a bad idea.

WE may be, but there are many living here, with civil liberties, who are not members of what you're referencing.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Yukon John
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

WE may be, but there are many living here, with civil liberties, who are not members of what you're referencing.

true , I was only stating that in that technicality of the term yes as it had been mentioned in a post above mine.

no I am not a member of an organized training band of persons whom refer to themselves as Militia.

every day I I think more about how we are headed that way and wondering if a training band will form in my county or area.
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 01:07 PM

Myself i done lost faith for the 21s century militia groups. i made phone calls when some of our monuments were threatened . to find none of the gun toting good ol boys were a coming. out of 4 counties we had a group of 300 hundred showed . so you might have one in a hundred that might be committed. the rest just want to ( talk ) guns and bullets .
Posted By: mimusp

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 01:46 PM

The constitution of the State of Ohio designates every able-bodied male citizen of the state between certain ages as a member of the state militia. I think I'm too old to qualify but I'm a former combat medic and would be glad to volunteer!

mimusp

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 02:53 PM

need to do more than shoot

Too old to do much else!!

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by mimusp
The constitution of the State of Ohio designates every able-bodied male citizen of the state between certain ages as a member of the state militia. I think I'm too old to qualify but I'm a former combat medic and would be glad to volunteer!

mimusp

Think I read that 18-45yo maybe?

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 03:23 PM

My .02.

smile
Posted By: danvee

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 03:44 PM

veteran swore the oath, farmer, rancher hunter trapper roll in the mud once a week and shoot also Republican against Trump.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 04:02 PM

Google “3 percenters”
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 10:01 PM

There are a number of Militia people here in Michigan. Anyone remember Timothy McVeigh?

Apparently he was one over in the Thumb of Michigan.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by seniortrap
There are a number of Militia people here in Michigan. Anyone remember Timothy McVeigh?

Not looking for the attack the government type. Looking for the defend the community type. Now if our government becomes Marxist/Communist, I might be interested in the other variety.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 10:53 PM

Not looking for the attack the government type. Looking for the defend the community type. Now if our government becomes Marxist/Communist, I might be interested in the other variety.

After McVeigh the militia movement nearly died out. With the internet now most are just online communities. There are some that act similarly as community organizations that also help out with clean up after storms similar to The Guard.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/03/20 10:55 PM

Posted By: hippie

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/04/20 12:51 AM

I didn't know we had one here until some snowflake decided to have a blm protest nearby. An outfit called Pennsylvania lightfoot militia showed up.

I googled them and they have a website of that name and , write-up of the event. Awsome
Posted By: danvee

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/04/20 01:28 AM

Real military or national guard the rest well........

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/04/20 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by danvee
Real military or national guard the rest well........

To old for that and in case you haven't noticed there are several governor's who have refused to use the guard.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/04/20 02:33 AM

I'm likeminded with most of the guys here when it comes to many things, including the direction our country is taking. If the crap ever really hits the fan I'll be seeking out similar individuals to take a stand with. I know several locally just through their social media posts. I'm not trigger happy or spoiling for a fight and it's not hard to envision what the carnage would look like if the country ever comes to blows with itself, but I won't sit it out.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/04/20 10:47 AM

There are some who think organizing before the fact will be key and I am just guessing but there are also probably Trapperman members who belong to organizations that don't post anything for the world to see. Not everyone on this site or viewing this site will be your friend after all.
Posted By: Castormound

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/05/20 04:29 PM

No, and I sold all my guns also.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/05/20 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
There are some who think organizing before the fact will be key and I am just guessing but there are also probably Trapperman members who belong to organizations that don't post anything for the world to see. Not everyone on this site or viewing this site will be your friend after all.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Low key, but that dose make it harder to connect and organize.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/05/20 07:35 PM

Watch out for that Anti-Trumper from SE WY. He's no good.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/05/20 07:41 PM

There are many, much more informal, groups of friends, who get together to shoot, hunt and run around the woods together, who will protect each other if necessary. A high percentage of exmilitary members, like minded individuals and current, or retired law enforcement hang out like this in Ohio.

Keith

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/05/20 11:10 PM

I travel a bunch and it's my opinion there are lots of patriots around this county and a lot of them are leery of social media.

I try to be plain spoken so here it is. I hope my country and my state never have to witness what I am a handful of my skilled friends would be willing to do to protect them.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 09/05/20 11:20 PM

I travel a bunch and it's my opinion there are lots of patriots around this county and a lot of them are leery of social media.

I try to be plain spoken so here it is. I hope my country and my state never have to witness what I am a handful of my skilled friends would be willing to do to protect them.

Well if you and Savell ever get the notion to head northeast to slap tame some ANTIFA, y'all pick me up. Italian community in this area so lots of good homemade wine I can get for the trip.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/10/21 06:27 PM

Dates are all screwed up on the threads. I don't want to be connected to a bunch of loose cannons but I'd join one if I could find the right bunch of guys. I wonder if this is the type of "chatter" the FBI is said to be monitoring. According to the media, we are the white supremacists.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/10/21 06:31 PM

The white supremacy thing is just government propaganda. The communists truly fear armed citizens.

I have never joined one because I dont want to take another oath. If I decide to take up arms it will be my choice. I may take an oath then however.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/10/21 06:42 PM

We are all the militia.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/10/21 06:49 PM

One man army

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/10/21 06:51 PM

If you ask me anyone or any group would be smart enough to read sign and keep out of sight for now. Take a look at Kent State, Ruby Ridge, or the BD's at Waco and then change my mind. I will wait...
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/10/21 09:55 PM

Not the overthrow the government type but the protect the Constitution type. Curious on what these groups do and activities they conduct.

Are they not one in the same? Protect the constitution? How is that done without a revamp of our government?
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/10/21 11:05 PM

If you ask me anyone or any group would be smart enough to read sign and keep out of sight for now. Take a look at Kent State, Ruby Ridge, or the BD's at Waco and then change my mind. I will wait...

Nobody wants their dog shot. wink

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/10/21 11:42 PM

Far right, anti-government types. That's how they describe us. The people in power destroying the Republic are using all of its resources to destroy us.
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/10/21 11:50 PM

This burns my biscuits! This guy was from my neck of the woods and was an extremist not militia! Government used him to make the word militia and terrorist the same in the public eyes! And we bought it hook line and idiot sinker!

When I was young I would claim to be a cheerleader if it got me in the girls locker room.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/11/21 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew Eastwood

Nobody wants their dog shot. wink

Man wait til yer ol lady hears this crap! Your not supposed to want yer wife shot dipstick grin

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/11/21 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
Far right, anti-government types. That's how they describe us. The people in power destroying the Republic are using all of its resources to destroy us.

This sums it up. I find watch tv and haven for years so am out of the loop. I was at moms last night and what ever she had on was linking white women to the milita and clan. Talking about their support roll. I could believe what I was seeing.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/12/21 02:56 AM

No need for organizing militias. In the current political environment, it would not be wise to do so.
Every one of us know people of like mind. It would seem to me to best to just have quiet, in-person conversations with them until it is go time.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/12/21 04:56 AM

I am with the Blue Blaze Irregulars.....

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/12/21 07:16 AM

This sums it up. I find watch tv and haven for years so am out of the loop. I was at moms last night and what ever she had on was linking white women to the milita and clan. Talking about their support roll. I could believe what I was seeing.

Orwell has arrived.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/12/21 09:09 AM

Amen.

Probably a topic where details are best handled by PM... Or coded snail mail. Lol

Mike

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/12/21 10:54 AM

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/socom-fields-killer-robots-immediate-force-protection
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/12/21 11:05 AM

Great. Now we have to worry about Terminators too.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/12/21 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Amen.

Probably a topic where details are best handled by PM... Or coded snail mail. Lol

Mike

“Lawn darts make good shampoo for pony express riders taking the Trail of Tears to God’s iron mines.”
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/12/21 02:37 PM

I vote Coonman for code talker.
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/12/21 02:47 PM

Yep, with phoneless meetings in faraday cages..
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/12/21 03:15 PM

From what I've seen, militias are generally fat guys and their fat wives live action role playing or standing around at a protest with their brand new body armor adorned with clever patches. I wouldn't rely on them to do anything other than catch bullets if things went bad.

If the feds should be worried about anyone, they should worry about the guys that keep their mouths shut and don't want to join a group.

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/12/21 09:03 PM

If you were in a militia I would hope it was a good one. One that has clearly defined rules/goals and a set of standard operation procedures. The Missouri militia always seemed to me to be a very good example of what a militia should be. They had coordination set up with local sheriffs, did in state disaster assistance, training protocols and rules of behavior......The local unit seemed well run when I would visit but it was just not local enough for me. I saw the Colonel who ran the closest unit to me a lot @ gun shows... we talked once a month on phone also.....he kept things squared away imo. All unit members wore the same uniform at all events/meetings.

https://www.missourimilitia.com/

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/12/21 09:17 PM

From where the democrat / communist party is at right now, everything else is far right, white supremacist climate murdering mob. I am just a deplorable cave man though.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/13/21 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by mnsota
I vote Coonman for code talker.

As a staunch supporter of coonman's right to throw his surely sausage-like fingers willey-nilly about his phone keyboard, I take great umbrage in your less than kind depiction of his diction.
I am also personally upset with you, in that you have forced me to giggle internally at his expense. I hope that you are proud of yourself...

Re: Anyone A Member of a Militia? - 03/13/21 03:20 AM

laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums