Home

Unfortunate last names.

Posted By: Gary Benson

Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:05 AM

Yes, there some doozies out there. We bought our last house from a family named Hollopeter. Yes, really.
Also know a family that own a very successful meat locker. Their last name is Schaart. Oops..........
Another is (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). Poor kids anyway. Guess that one's out!
Hope this is still here in the morning!
Posted By: .204

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:24 AM

Well, I grew up with the last name of Fagg. My boys were starting to get in scraps so I changed it to my dads middle name- William's.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:25 AM

There was an oral surgeon in my home town named dr slaughter.
My wife was married to a fuhrer.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:29 AM

Mine is a gaelic patrinimic McLeod = Mhic (son of) Leoid (transliteration of the norse name Ljotr, Ljotr means ugly as in fierce or mean).
I am literally David son of Ugly.

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:32 AM

For my Army entrance physical the last Dr of the day, the bend over and cough Dr, was named Dr Screws.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:35 AM

There is a doctor here named Dr. Grim
Posted By: charles

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:37 AM

I went to school with three brothers named Butts. There was an old lady named Titty when I was a boy.

I knew a Dr. Payne.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:38 AM

There was a gal in a little town from me whose name was Imogene Hoar. Of course everyone called her Ima.

There was also a couple in my church whose names were Rosie and Harry Butt.

Neither one of these are made up, but very factual.

Garry-
Posted By: Ditchdiver

I had my vasectomy done by a DR. Wang. No joke.
He shares a practice with a DR. Beers.
Posted By: Anonymous

Ole Dick Tricle from nascar was a classic
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:40 AM

I also went to school with a brother and sister who's last name is Stanky.
Posted By: fossil2

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:42 AM

hope this doesnt violate the rules here, but where i grew up, Dick was a common last name. would you believe, 2 brothers named peter and harold? harold went by harry. some people should think a bit harder before naming their kids.
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:42 AM

I have recently seen a "Don Key" and someone who's last name was "Loser"

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:57 AM

Speaking of Butts. The county to the east is Butts County. The water tower as you drive in says Welcome to Beautiful Butts County.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:00 AM

Had a substitute teacher with the last name of Mrs. Sillypeter. That will test a group 6th grade boys then and now
Lol
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:00 AM

My friends last name was Crap. Guess what they named their daughter? Yep Robin Crap.

Had another friend whose last name was gay. He just loved meeting new people. He'd shake hands and say I'm gay.

The farmer down the road from me Is Walter Outhouse.

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:03 AM

Had a chiropractor that worked on me after football games in high school. His name was Dickie Cockerel. No joke
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:11 AM

The Dr who read my x rays a few year's ago was Dr Alzheimer and yes he was a relative of the person who named that illness darn nice guy too !
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:11 AM

Got a root canal from a Dr. Dent. Daughter went to Dr. Goldfish until he moved to a different clinic.

Know a guy named Beanblossom, his granddaughter lives just down the road. Used to be a family named Stubblefield, had a cabin at the lake.

A family in North Platte NE. had the surname of Lipschitz, the kids wanted to change their name but the old man would have none of it. laugh

Charlie
Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:13 AM

Woman running for the home town treasurer seat last name Broke

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:14 AM

I had a teacher in grade school Mrs. Woodcock.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:15 AM

One of my EOD brothers had the last name of Pigg. His first name was Ira, and I heard that his sister was named Ima. I sure hope that's a false report on his sister. However, Ira was a very good friend.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:23 AM

Don't know if it's a last name or what, but when I was younger, in Niagara Falls NY there was a funeral home call Amigone.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:23 AM

I went to school with a guy named Tim Burr.

Met a guy who worked at a car dealership where I bought a car , Peter Studwell.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by The Beav
My friends last name was Crap. Guess what they named their daughter? Yep Robin Crap.

Had another friend whose last name was gay. He just loved meeting new people. He'd shake hands and say I'm gay.

The farmer down the road from me Is Walter Outhouse.

I bet he was related to a friend of mine Rick Crap
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:36 AM

1st grade teacher....Mr Dittle....

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:37 AM

One of my first girl friend's last name was Bodi.....them girls lived up to their name.

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
One of my EOD brothers had the last name of Pigg. His first name was Ira, and I heard that his sister was named Ima. I sure hope that's a false report on his sister. However, Ira was a very good friend.

I have an uncle Hogg he is Scottish by birth moved to the US as a kid so they pronounce it Hoagg
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

I have an uncle Hogg he is Scottish by birth moved to the US as a kid so they pronounce it Hoagg

Is he related to David from Florida?
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Actor
There was a gal in a little town from me whose name was Imogene Hoar. Of course everyone called her Ima.
Garry-

My mother had a friend named Alanna Hoar. Zany lady. She made fun of her own name before anyone else did. Good defense.
She put a red bulb in her post lantern on the front lawn because it was a 'red light district'
Called her home 'The Hoarhouse'
She got up to speak at a town meeting one night in front of 100 or so people , gave her name and spelled it. Then proceeded to proclaim that she was the only Hoar on the committee she was working for. The entire audience busted up laughing.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:55 AM

I don't want to out anyone with their full name but I work with a guy. First name is Richard, second name is a C-word for a man's Richard. At least it's spelled a little differently. In high school I was friends with a girl with the unfortunate German name Kuntz. Sweet girl - she didn't enjoy the teasing at all.
Posted By: Ed Patrick

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 05:49 AM

Worked with a doctor several years ago named Richard Handler. Won't spell out the short version of Richard.

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
I don't want to out anyone with their full name but I work with a guy. First name is Richard, second name is a C-word for a man's Richard. At least it's spelled a little differently. In high school I was friends with a girl with the unfortunate German name Kuntz. Sweet girl - she didn't enjoy the teasing at all.

That reminds me of a Russian immigrant I know. He's a WWII hero so I mean no disrespect. But his name is Semon Kacher.....yeah.....say that out loud.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 07:48 AM

Around the Buffalo area there's a group of funeral homes called Amigone Funeral Home
Posted By: Artrapper16

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 07:52 AM

Ben dover is quite unfortunate name but my pastors name is Dennis Gay yea. I had his sister as a 6th grade teacher they both laugh about it. Once our youth group went to silver dollar city there were only three boys that went and the pastor. When we got to the hotel room he looked at us and said so. Who's sleeping with the gay man. Me and another kid looked at his grandson and said that would have to be him lol
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 09:10 AM

My cataracts Doc was Dr. Hurtz
I had a customer last name Loser, she pronounced it Lo-zer.

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 09:36 AM

Alabama just had a State Treasurer named Young Boozer.

No lie.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Boozer
Posted By: Sullivan K

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 09:37 AM

My grand daughters kindergarten teacher is named Mrs. Teet.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 09:43 AM

Mike Fitzpatrick
Posted By: Sullivan K

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 09:45 AM

Just remembered that when I was still working, there was a young gal, a salesman, that would stop in, named Paige Teets. Also had a supervisor at the place I worked at when I was in high school (Paint shop at Bowling Green State University) named Harry Dick.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 10:11 AM

We had an Indian girl at work named Balldeep. I'll let your imagination do the work on where the S was added.

Also worked with a Doug Graves, nickname was Digger.
Posted By: Thumbian

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 10:35 AM

1st house I helped build was for Richard Groth; he went by Dick and pronounced last as growth
Posted By: run

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 10:46 AM

Butts has become common in my neighborhood.
Posted By: goatman

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 10:47 AM

Not to far from me a guy lives on the river who's last name is Pollpeter.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:10 AM

I carry the last name of "Darling" it was tough for a boy in grade school. Dad worked to make it a proud name to have, and I have done the same for my son and daughter. However all the ladies in the family love it. As I went into my teenage years and to this day, it is a wonderful icebreaker name when speaking to women...I will take that.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:14 AM

Two of my roommates in Germany were Frank Bigot and Jake Hooker.
And my platoon Sgt at Fort Sill was SFC Fail.

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:16 AM

My vasectomy was done by a Dr Doolittle. For real.

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:24 AM

Girl named Jamie Hancock.
Spec. 5 in the Army with the last name of Colon.........he insisted it was "Cologne"

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:25 AM

oh,and yes i have a Michael Hunt lived in this lil town about as long as me.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:27 AM

used to be a doctor in nebraska city by last name of bonebrake. I thought that was funny.
Jack Ball was my high school PE teacher and wow did we get in trouble a lot over that one. Used to prank call his house a lot. Hello, jack ball, is Harry there? This is Fuzzy.
Jim
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:29 AM

There was a girl who attended the same university as me named Desire Nipple.

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:29 AM

There's the town of Athol, Idaho.
And Gurley, NE. All the guys from there are Gurley men.

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:35 AM

pa is the capitol of crazy town names

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:41 AM

Morehead is a popular name everywhere. Dick Morehead lifed in my hometown. I dated his daughter Mary.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:42 AM

at work a boss's name was jurk laugh an he was

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:48 AM

Had a Sgt Slaughter in the military.
A Sgt Rumph as a drill Sargeant. Of course some smartarse had to call him Sgt Rump. More pushups for everyone.
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 12:03 PM

Around Frankfort and New London you will see mail boxes with the last name Glasscock. Always thought that was an unfortunate last name.

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 12:22 PM

Work with a guy last name Rude. He lives up to it.

Knew a girl in college -,Fink. Nice girl though
Posted By: pappy t

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Broomchaser
Around Frankfort and New London you will see mail boxes with the last name Glasscock. Always thought that was an unfortunate last name.

Had an uncle whose last name originally was Glasscock but he got tired of everyone making fun of it so he changed it to........Allcock.

There was a guy that lived in our small community when I was a kid named Les Dick.

Worked with a guy for about 10 years named Willy Richard Johnson. We called him Triple Dick.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 12:58 PM

My wife used to go to an orthodontist by the name of Dr. Bever! He even had a picture of a beaver on the wall of his office.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Don't know if it's a last name or what, but when I was younger, in Niagara Falls NY there was a funeral home call Amigone.

funeral home in sturgis used to be owned by family named jolley
named Jolley funeral home
Posted By: 9wire

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 02:16 PM

Guy lives down the road from me named Ed Wacker... His brothers name is Harry...
Posted By: Coyote Clayton

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 02:32 PM

We have a Chevy dealership in town called Hammer Chevrolet. Dick Hammer runs it.
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 02:45 PM

I remember several years ago seeing a photo of a headstone with the last name of Dumphart engraved on it. I thought that would be an unfortunate handle.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Coyote Clayton
We have a Chevy dealership in town called Hammer Chevrolet. Dick Hammer runs it.

We had an auto dealership owned by Richard Head.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
There's the town of Athol, Idaho.

Mike Tyson named that town.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:32 PM

There’s a lot of Nicewongers around here. Local funeral home is owned by Buzzards.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:35 PM

There is a Kanouf family up the road and yes, one of the boys was named J... They had to have named him that on purpose????
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:35 PM

I knew of a local family with the last name Acock. The man of the house was Gaylord Acock and his wife was Ima.
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:55 PM

Alot of people around me with the last name Dick, i went to school years ago with Anita Dick, think about a bunch of immature boys hearing that screamed across a intercom for the first time ,by a hair lipped secretary.
Posted By: 080808

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 03:59 PM

Last name : Head
First name: Richard
True
Posted By: white17

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:13 PM

In my high school class there was a family with the last name of Pancake. General Mills paid the family to name their kids. The boy, my age was named General, his sisters were Buttermilk and Blueberry.

Also in my chemistry class was a guy named Trout Brown. I always wondered about his parents.

But the worst was a very attractive young lady ........Susan Cockkshot.

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 04:29 PM

Pete Moss
Bama Lamb
Posted By: foxhunter52

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 05:10 PM

Harold Balls lived north of Logan Utah. Why would parents do that to their son?
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 06:26 PM

Had a friend that's last name was Snipe. Got sick of everyone teasing him about snipe hunting, so changed it to his stepdads last name. He did that when he was 35-40 years old. I ask him if it helped, cause he had been through the worst of it by that time!

Had a guy I worked with that his last name was Head. He said he had lots of fun with that!
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 06:42 PM

Any of you folks in the service have a Private Public or General Specific?

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hydropillar

funeral home in sturgis used to be owned by family named jolley
named Jolley funeral home

The Assman implement dealer west of Winner.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 06:50 PM

Years ago there was a kid in school whose name was Wagonwheel Jones.
He came from a big farm family and they ran out of names for all their kids,so Papa told Mama,just name them from the first thing you see in the yard.
When he told the teacher his name,she told him-"tell me your real name or you'll go home until you do".
As Wagonwheel packed up his books he turned to his little brother and said-"come on Chickensh-- she wont believe you either.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 06:53 PM

Not as much fun as some of these names, but my brother had a girl in his class with a last name of June, first name...April, middle name?, yep, you guessed it....LOL

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 07:11 PM

Hired a Hispanic girl once whose first two names were Angle Baby

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 07:14 PM

Child in my town named La'Dasha but it is spelled L-A. The dash symbol is pronounced "dash."

We also have a talented highschool football player named Famous Fred. He was interviewed on TV and said someday he would live up to his name.

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Years ago there was a kid in school whose name was Wagonwheel Jones.
He came from a big farm family and they ran out of names for all their kids,so Papa told Mama,just name them from the first thing you see in the yard.
When he told the teacher his name,she told him-"tell me your real name or you'll go home until you do".
As Wagonwheel packed up his books he turned to his little brother and said-"come on Chickensh-- she wont believe you either.

And a younger was named Two Dogs *******.....
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Morehead is a popular name everywhere. Dick Morehead lifed in my hometown. I dated his daughter Mary.

And?

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 08:25 PM

Beautiful smile.
Posted By: Jonnytrapper

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 09:20 PM

I knew a mechanic named Dick Ball.
My great great uncle's name was Harry Pitts
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 09:33 PM

We grew up with a neighbor named Richard Weed.
He went by Rich or Richard. Not the D word nickname many Richards go by.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 09:38 PM

My cousin does nails and waxing s and massages and she has a customer with a grandchild named Shethead pronounced sha-theed.
Yes they’re African American
Pretty close to poop-head , sadly. And the kid gets picked on a lot
Also know a white couple who named their son Dude.
Gota wonder what kinda drugs folks where doing when naming their kids.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 09:51 PM

One of my good friends last name is Horney, and his wife is a 5th grade teacher. She makes the kids call her Mrs Amy
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 10:37 PM

Of course we have the James Bond Women Mrs Moneypenny and Ms Goodhead, I wont name the Lady villains.....
Posted By: LDW

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 10:38 PM

I had an aunt that was married to a Knee. She divorced him and married a Foote. No joke. Had a customer that was a Growcock. He had to have been a tough kid in high school.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 10:45 PM

I met a guy his name was Dick. That wasn’t as bad as the last name that went with it. Long. He told me get the laughter out of you now. Or we will have problems later. OMG. I will never forget that.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:03 PM

My brother had two girls in his class.....Berky Bush and Kirsten Girlie.
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:09 PM

I knew a fellow named Al Key. say it and you will get it. Sarge
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/05/20 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by LDW
I had an aunt that was married to a Knee. She divorced him and married a Foote. No joke. Had a customer that was a Growcock. He had to have been a tough kid in high school.

Ha ha.....Larry for the win!
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/06/20 01:11 AM

My wife used to substitute teach. Had a little girl in her class one day who pronounced her name "shi-teed". I'll censor the spelling so the forum filter doesn't have too: Sh##head. Imagine my wife's surprise during morning roll call.

Here's an article about an unfortunate Vietnamese name. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ese-student-Phuc-Bui-anglicize-name.html
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/06/20 01:14 AM

Met a guy at the Greek Food Festival.....Harry Pairatesties..
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/06/20 01:20 AM

Only in NH..... [Linked Image]

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/06/20 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

Is he related to David from Florida?

as far as I know his children are his only blood relation alive in the US neither of his kids are named David.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/06/20 02:53 AM

Friend in high school with the last name "Chicken". He was in the Air Force and was a pilot that flew cargo planes. He changed his last name to his mothers maiden name as saying Captain Chicken over the intercom did not reassure the troops!

Chris

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/06/20 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Originally Posted by LDW

Ha ha.....Larry for the win!

I’ll second that!! Funny stuff
Posted By: trapper_85

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/06/20 04:05 AM

There was a guy who played for the Detroit lions named Harry colon
Posted By: trapper_85

Re: Unfortunate last names. - 09/06/20 04:06 AM

My friend said he had a high school shop teacher named Dick Wacker.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums