Home

Skidder tires

Posted By: Bigfoot

Skidder tires - 09/05/20 08:24 PM

I got these good year 20 ply loggerlug tires used for $3010 mounted with new natural rubber forestry tubes .New ones .mounted with tubes will run about $3000 apiece . I feel i got a good deal but it still hurts [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Skidder tires - 09/05/20 09:08 PM

Yea, you got a heck of a deal.
Posted By: cwtrapper

Re: Skidder tires - 09/05/20 10:37 PM

you done good
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Skidder tires - 09/05/20 10:39 PM

I didnt say earlier it was just a matched pair

Re: Skidder tires - 09/05/20 10:41 PM

still half price of new. look like they are still over 80%.

Re: Skidder tires - 09/05/20 10:44 PM

Had a tire on my forwarder changed about a month ago. I had the used tire. Still cost me 450.00 to have it changed with a new tube. Firestone tube.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Skidder tires - 09/05/20 11:26 PM

Good deal. Tough maintaining equipment like that.

This is a good post because there are a lot of people who will ask you of a favor with your equipment and think it costs almost nothing and will not respond in kind to offset your costs.

I had a buddy of mine let me borrow his backhoe to dig out some stumps. Two of the hydraulic lines were leaking a little bit , I coughed up $300 for the lines and fluid to repair them , did it willingly. Cheaper than renting a machine. Had another buddy with a flatbed tow truck that moved a couple cars for me , filled his fuel tank with $125 worth of diesel. Cheaper than hiring someone.

I had a 47' towable manlift and everyone I knew wanted to borrow it for free or offer me a pittance for it's use.

If owning a skidder was cheap , lots of people would own one. But they are not cheap to maintain.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums