Home

Vasectomy Scheduled....

Posted By: DakotaBoy

Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:04 PM

First off, let's keep this a clean conversation.

Well boys, I've made an appointment for a vasectomy early next month. Wife and I talked it over quite a bit and we're both ready to be done having kids (have two young boys). Due to her physical and mental health that comes along with raising two very active boys, we're done. Our medical deductible has been met for the year, so that works out in my favor. I've heard some horror stories that have me a bit concerned about my appointment, and have heard a couple of stories where everything went just fine. From what I gather, don't exert yourself too much for a few days after the surgery. I plan on wussing out taking a whole week off from work just to avoid doing anything in that time-frame that could prolong the healing process or do damage down the road.

What are your stories, if you're inclined to share? Hoping to put my mind at ease a bit, and maybe pick up a few tips to help things go easier.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:07 PM

Had it done years ago. No problems
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:11 PM

Had one yesterday morning, was in and out in 30 minutes. Took some Motrin and layed on the couch watching the hunting public on amazon prime. Had an ice pack on the fellas to keep the swelling down.

As of now, I’m working from home for a few days. But, could probably go in to work as long as I don’t exert myself too much.

Little sore, but just keeping ice on it and not doing too much.

Definitely worth it.

Doc said I could go to work in a few days and resume normal activities in 5-6 days.

Have to give a “sample” at 6 and 8 weeks to make sure everything worked out right.
Posted By: cotton

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:17 PM

not bad at all
frozen peas will be your best buddy for a few days after tho
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:19 PM

My buddy went fishing the same day he got his. He sat on frozen bag of peas while we fished. No big deal for him.
Posted By: white17

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:22 PM

No big deal. Just don't be in a rush to resume "normal activities"............. don't ask how I know

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by white17
No big deal. Just don't be in a rush to resume "normal activities"............. don't ask how I know

Yeah, gotta be real careful is what the doctor told me. Don’t need a whoopsie.
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:24 PM

Heard one Female Doctor say " Oh, don't worry. It's just CUT , SLICE AND DICE !"

If you get a Chinese Doctor , it's just a quick CHOP !
Posted By: Paul D. Heppner

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:33 PM

Had mine on a Thursday and was out Monday morning for the deer opener. The only issue I had was trying to drag out two big ones. Needed a little help.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:33 PM

I was back at work in three days. Would have went sooner but they schedule them here on Friday’s for that reason and it was my weekend off. It was pretty uneventful.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:34 PM

Ask the Doctor if they will do it without any pain meds !! grin laugh
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:35 PM

I "chickened out" for my first appointment, but had it done the next time. Procedure is much easier for a man than for a woman having her tubes tied. My doctor gave me some liquid valium to ease my nervousness. He removed a small section of the tube and it was a piece of cake. I iced my jewels that night and went deer hunting the next day.
With the decision agreed between you and your wife, it is the responsible thing to do.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:36 PM

Anyone hear the story about the Wife having her tubes tied and the Husband getting snipped ?? She still got PREGNANT
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
Anyone hear the story about the Wife having her tubes tied and the Husband getting snipped ?? She still got PREGNANT

Did they DNA test the kid? I've heard a couple stories about guys being snipped only to have a "miracle baby" whos dna did not match dads.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Originally Posted by Canvasback2

Did they DNA test the kid? I've heard a couple stories about guys being snipped only to have a "miracle baby" whos dna did not match dads.

From the news report, the Wife got the Tubes tied 6 Months prior to her getting Pregnant . Apparently, neither Doctor tied it tight enough!!!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 07:02 PM

They have had chimpanzees that had vasectomies, have their vas deferens grow back together and sire offspring. One chimps vas deferens grew back together twice, allowing him sire offspring after both vasectomies.

Keith
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 07:07 PM

My wife got her tubes tied after out last baby was born because it was free under Obamacare. I was more.than willing to get a vasectomy, but we would have had to pay for it, so I he choice for us was obvious.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 07:09 PM

First off, when I got there the Dr. asked if it was ok that the new female Dr. come in and observe. Oh Geeze ! blush First (and ALWAYS BEST) inclination was to say NO, but I figured with what women have to through with male Dr.s, I said okay.

Dr said you will feel a little 'pinch' as he deadened the area. Snip snip, suture, right side done. Not something I would recommend for 'light entertainment' but easily 'do-able' .

THEN the Dr asked the 'new girl' if she wanted to do the left side. eek Hey ! That wasn't part of the original deal, but not wanting to hurt her feelings, I didn't protest. (Big Mistake.).

I am certain she pulled out enough cord to hook it over my foot so she could work on it, sick I seriously thought she was trying to pull a lung out while she was there. cry

The 'heal up' was pretty much as described above, other than the 'emotional trauma'. I guess it makes a good story though. (All true) grin

Charlie
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 07:11 PM

I've been putting this off because I'm afraid "normal activities" might not be "normal" anymore...I'm afraid of a "new normal" that might not be as good as the "normal." I like huntin' with a loaded gun.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 07:13 PM

I had a friend that was going through marriage problems. Thought his wife was up to something. Didn't want to get her pregnant in case they ended up getting divorced so he got snipped without her knowledge. With in a year she somehow got pregnant and was adamant it was his.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by BvrRetriever

I've been putting this off because I'm afraid "normal activities" might not be "normal" anymore...I'm afraid of a "new normal" that might not be as good as the "normal." I like huntin' with a loaded gun.

Don't worry about it !!
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 07:24 PM

Its not a big issue, only person I know that had issues figured an 8 hour car ride would equal laying on the couch.

My biggest issue was why do they keep the room so cold with all those nurses stopping in to see whats going on LOL

FYI we are gelding stud horses today at work, want a video of what to expect LOL
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 07:26 PM

My wife is the admissions clerk for our hospital day surgery. That was fun, all her work acquaintances gathering around. "No honestly it's really chilli in here."

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 07:31 PM

Lol, some of your responses are pure gold, thanks for the light-hearted attitudes fellas. It helps to hear some of these stories. Thankfully,I don't believe I'll have to worry about knowing anyone there, or them knowing me. Maybe I can request the room be a comfortable 80°F? grin

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by DakotaBoy
Lol, some of your responses are pure gold, thanks for the light-hearted attitudes fellas. It helps to hear some of these stories. Thankfully,I don't believe I'll have to worry about knowing anyone there, or them knowing me. Maybe I can request the room be a comfortable 80°F? grin

Have a couple bags of frozen peas on hand and a stack of movies. Hit the couch for a couple days and enjoy some guilt free convalescing.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 07:41 PM

nothing to it , just don't do anything for a few days ,an get two bags of frozen pea's ,so you can rotate them
Posted By: cotton

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 07:46 PM

Lol it will make "normal " even better, no worries about making a baby
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 08:00 PM

Mid 80's for me.
Surgery and recovery went smoothly.
Developed issues after a couple months with a nagging minor testicular pain.
After a doctor's visit I decided I could handle an occasional tenderness on one side.
Option being a possible re-entry and a redo.
No was my answer.
Surgery did its job , so I quit while I was ahead.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 08:00 PM

Mine didn't go as smooth as most. Ill spare u the details but will say it was just some unnecessary pain during the procedure. The dr was worried I was going to hit him by the look on his face.No issues beyond that..

Never mind ill share the details as they are a little humorous now that its over. Evidently they had some unknown grounding issues with the instrument they do the coderization(spelling) with and I felt an electronic shock from my groin to both ends of my body. I think I came 2 foot off the table. No other instrument in the office and we had to finish. I suggested a lighter and hot knife but dr wouldn't go for it. I had to endure because there was no backing up at that point. And I dont like electricity any way. I made the dr vow to have that instrument worked before next procedure.
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 08:03 PM

I had it done last year... Worst experience of my life, the used a local anistetic that didn't work on me the first slice I was screaming my head off. 13 shots of local anistetic and still felt the whole thing. Doc didn't believe me until I could catch my breath long enough to tell em exactly where they were cutting... So ya not a fun experience I would recommend you have them put you all the way under

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Mine didn't go as smooth as most. Ill spare u the details but will say it was just some unnecessary pain during the procedure. The dr was worried I was going to hit him by the look on his face.No issues beyond that..

Never mind ill share the details as they are a little humorous now that its over. Evidently they had some unknown grounding issues with the instrument they do the coderization(spelling) with and I felt an electronic shock from my groin to both ends of my body. I think I came 2 foot off the table. No other instrument in the office and we had to finish. I suggested a lighter and hot knife but dr wouldn't go for it. I had to endure because there was no backing up at that point. And I dont like electricity any way. I made the dr vow to have that instrument worked before next procedure.

I had that exact same thing happen to me. I had unknowingly let my hand drop to the metal frame of the gurney and completed the circuit !! ( The incision was being made with a tiny arc welder. My skin was so tough it required 220 volts to make the incision.) Anyway........the first side went fine but a couple of circuit breakers popped when he struck the arc on the left side. So did my eyes !!

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dillrod
Mid 80's for me.
Surgery and recovery went smoothly.
Developed issues after a couple months with a nagging minor testicular pain.
After a doctor's visit I decided I could handle an occasional tenderness on one side.
Option being a possible re-entry and a redo.
No was my answer.
Surgery did its job , so I quit while I was ahead.

I didn't have any minor testicles so there was no issue of pain laugh

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wild_WI
I had it done last year... Worst experience of my life, the used a local anistetic that didn't work on me the first slice I was screaming my head off. 13 shots of local anistetic and still felt the whole thing. Doc didn't believe me until I could catch my breath long enough to tell em exactly where they were cutting... So ya not a fun experience I would recommend you have them put you all the way under

After I levitated 2 foot off the table and said a few curse words(and im not one for much cursing) and screamed I can feel that, the dr replied (out of my arms reach) I can see that.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 08:21 PM

I got spectators , 4 young ladies in nursing school. it was a very full procedure room at the Dr office

my Doc was old school had been doing it with 2 incisions one on each side cut out about an inch of the vasdefrin out and cotterise both ends then tuck the ends back in and a stitch on each side.

I was 31 we had 3 live healthy kids and 2 still born , we decided to quit while we were ahead and the mental strain and such on the wife was hard.

3 pieces of advice I wish I had had.

1 ice , like keep a cooler in the car with ice to ice the boys the second your out of the DR office. don't bounce down country roads for 45 minutes to get home with no ice.
2 jock strap holds them up and that helps.
3 do not have it done the week before deer season where you will be walking 10 miles a day.

the DR said you will be back to normal in a week well his normal and my normal may have been different. I still hunted but things got a bit sore by the end of a day of doing drives.

also the worst part is the shot that numbs it up , good lord that burns for about 30 seconds

Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 08:23 PM

that dont come along for about 15 years then your testosterome starts dropping off .and needs suplemented
Posted By: headache73

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by chas3457
First off, when I got there the Dr. asked if it was ok that the new female Dr. come in and observe. Oh Geeze ! blush First (and ALWAYS BEST) inclination was to say NO, but I figured with what women have to through with male Dr.s, I said okay.

Dr said you will feel a little 'pinch' as he deadened the area. Snip snip, suture, right side done. Not something I would recommend for 'light entertainment' but easily 'do-able' .

THEN the Dr asked the 'new girl' if she wanted to do the left side. eek Hey ! That wasn't part of the original deal, but not wanting to hurt her feelings, I didn't protest. (Big Mistake.).

I am certain she pulled out enough cord to hook it over my foot so she could work on it, sick I seriously thought she was trying to pull a lung out while she was there. cry

The 'heal up' was pretty much as described above, other than the 'emotional trauma'. I guess it makes a good story though. (All true) grin

Charlie

I didn't have a student, but otherwise my story is pretty close lol. Dr gave me some valium, I didn't really care what they were doing down there. But when he pulled that second cord out, it felt like it was attached to the top of my skull. I sat straight up and yelled lol. Started sweating and bout got sick. After that, few days of frozen peas and everything was good
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 08:24 PM

I did have an issue and since it was 26 years ago I am willing to share. The procedure went fine and I was home resting on the couch by noon. Around 3 that afternoon, I had the urge to pass a deuce and usually that is not a problem except this time. It was reluctant to come out and I strained real hard to make things happen and the next thing I know I am waking up on the floor in front of the toilet with the wife standing over me half concerned and half wanting to film the proceedings! My shorts were around my ankles and after a little while my dear wife, who did not film things, helped me back to a seated position. The side of my face and head was very sore as I found out I had struck the top edge of the bathtub on the way down. Somewhere in the distance I heard Howard Cosell's voice yelling "Down go's Frazier, down go's Frazier." Next day it looked like I lost to Frazier as my face and eye were solid black and blue! Other than that it was a piece of cake!

Chris blush
Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 08:25 PM

I had no problem whatsoever with pain or complications. The only thing that hurt was, as the nurse was giving me the local injection, she said "little prick". Not really sure how to take that.lol
Posted By: Boco

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 08:43 PM

Did Y'all change your name to Caitlin too?

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Did Y'all change your name to Caitlin too?

Nope, we just don't let the dust settle on our equipment long enough not to have to worry about it! wink
Posted By: Hoosier71

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 09:20 PM

My advice would be to take it easy as long as possible. I tried to work (which involves a lot of walking) on the 5th day. It set me back and I was pretty sore for another 10 days or so. Ice - lots of ice.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 09:50 PM

The best part of the whole deal is "brown bag day". whistle
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 09:55 PM

I had it done this spring, procedure wasn’t a big deal. Iced peas are a great idea. I felt great the first day just a little sore, I sat around and watched the whole lonesome dove dvd. The next day dad mentioned going to town to buy a new trailer so I said I’m feeling fine I’ll drive. Bouncing around in the truck and crawling in and out of the truck made me real sore the next day. Other than that I got along great

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton

But your only allowed to drop it off once not once a week or so I was told LOL

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Originally Posted by J Staton

But your only allowed to drop it off once not once a week or so I was told LOL

It is a bit humbling carrying the brown bag through the hospital to the drop off point. blush
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 10:22 PM

I did the same thing Hoosier did. I went back to work the 2nd day. Shingling a roof of all things. I took the next week off. The only thing more humiliating than a brown bag trip is the pretty receptionist giving you a cup and pointing you towards a bathroom and saying there are magazines there if you need them. Wouldn't you know they didn't have any trapping magazines there.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by strike2x
I did the same thing Hoosier did. I went back to work the 2nd day. Shingling a roof of all things. I took the next week off. The only thing more humiliating than a brown bag trip is the pretty receptionist giving you a cup and pointing you towards a bathroom and saying there are magazines there if you need them. Wouldn't you know they didn't have any trapping magazines there.

The nerve! Telling a fella that there are magazines in the bathroom, and non of them are trapping magazines. Tell me there was at least a field and stream or something?
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 10:29 PM

I have NOT had it done. Almost did 27 yrs ago. Some of you are making me cringe for the reasons I was concerned about. Just something about a Dr. holding a knife in one hand and my boys in the other.

Anyway, my best friend Tom had it done. He thought it all went well and no pain at all. So, to celebrate, when he got home, he hopped on his Honda Goldwing and went for a two hour ride. I had a hard time keeping a straight face as he told me his boys were the size of grapefruits when the ride was over and in pain for days. I'd recommend not going for a motorcycle ride directly afterwards.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 10:33 PM

I have had 2 vasectomy because I had it reversed 2 times. When I had it done the first time I watched. It goes fast. My friends ask why I didn't just have a valve installed.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 10:34 PM

No sporting magazines.
Posted By: yote_trapper20

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 10:38 PM

Had mine done in March. Was the same weekend as the opening weekend of March madness until it got cancelled. Had a smoking hot nurse showing a new hire the prep. Cold room or not it was difficult to stay “calm” due to the extra handling involved with training and showing the the new hire the steps. The actual procedure went fine except for the doctor started without everything being fully numb. That first squeeze and snip I felt everything. Was in and out in 30. My doctor required a three month period and minimum of 20 “events” before I got tested. He stated that normally if the tubes tie back together it will be in the first three months. Dropped my sample off almost three months to the day in June and got the all clear call before I even got home. So far I have no residue pain or discomfort from the procedure although it sounds like some has experienced that at random times in the future. I did nothing but ice and rest for the first two days after. The third thru seventh day I did light stuff only. After that while tender for another couple weeks with any quick movements, etc everything was good to go. Didn’t even use the pain meds prescribed.

1) Jockstrap or some other form of support will be your friend for awhile after your procedure. I think I wore mine for a full 7 days.
2) Get two bags of peas to alternate for the first couple of days. I was also told rice in tied off nylons work.
3) Under no circumstances jump on or off of anything For awhile after. It will be painful.
4) Almost forgot to add. Make sure to trim the boys before you go. Otherwise they are likely to do it in the office with a dry and cheap razor.

Essentially under my research it seemed those who pushed it to far to early were more likely to have issues.

Have fun with it. I nearly had my wife convinced the sample submitted had to have saliva in it for accurate results until she asked a couple coworkers who’s husbands had the procedure done.
Posted By: trapperjdb

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 10:38 PM

Best thing I ever did. Had it done on a Friday, went to a wedding reception the next Saturday night, even did a little slow dancing with no problems. Back to work on Monday, full duty.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 10:41 PM

You can always ask your wife to check the incisions even years later
Posted By: Goneinsixty

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 11:15 PM

Well guys, I rarely post here and hardly ever sign in but I visit the site daily and have for years.

Anyway... This topic has forced me to post . HAHA Let me set the stage. Doc tells me its a quick procedure and can be done in the office. Sooo i show up the day of the appt. and they bring me to the room. Ask me to strip down and place a gown on. I follow their request. Now they ask me to get on a stainless steel table with stirrups. The doc walks in and says his assistants will get me ready and he'll be right back. Well that's when the fun started. I'm on the table with my feet in the stirrups and my gown now up by my chest. My bottom end is hanging off the end of the table along with other things. The four nurses start to prep me. The four nurses prepped me with the brown cleaning stuff from belly button to my lower back. Well the doc walks in as they are finishing up and I'm trying to play it cool...put my hands behind my head like saying this is no big deal. In reality I'm scared to death. Doc looks at me and says don't even try to get comfortable, Its not gonna happen. So the procedure starts. He says you're going to feel a little pressure. He grabs one of the boys and isolates it. He proceeds to stick a needle in that seemed to be 6-7" long at the time. Pressure is not what I felt! He finishes that side and the worst part is knowing that the second one is coming. It did! Same feeling. Good God! Finally finishes and says a little ice for a couple of days on and off you'll be good. Two days later after Icing as instructed I had a grapefruit the color of an eggplant where my boys used to be. I wore sweat pants for a week (I don't wear sweat pants) and iced myself for hours daily.... And that was it. No big deal. I say go for it.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 11:31 PM

I was fortunate mine was done by the small town dr and he didn't need any nurses in the room with us. Wife wanted to watch and she's a nurse but didn't help. I did tell them to be quite when she start asking questions about things happening down there. I told them I didn't want to hear about what was happening.
Posted By: wvmntnhick

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/09/20 11:35 PM

Had it done a while back. Actually, not long after my back surgery. Got it done in a Friday. Was back to work Monday. Actually had no issues at all if I’m being honest. Have another buddy that things went totally fine for according to him. However, 2 other fellas I know, both good friends, had bad experiences. One has some severe bruising. The other, severe swelling. Neither regret the decision though. Personally, it was $250 week spent in my book.

I would add that the doctor was a customer of mine which made things slightly awkward. And, numbing agents don’t work on me as well as they do others. After the right side was done I’d asked him hire much I was supposed to be feeling. He said “a tug at best.” I told him I felt the incision very plainly and the rest was worse. He gave me 3 more shots to not much avail. Told him to just get it done because I’d already come that far. He apologized but it wasn’t really in his control. We’d discussed the issue before and I knew it was a possibility. Same issues with getting teeth worked on. Just grit my teeth and bare it.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 12:06 AM

They had this pic in the rest room.....filled that cup in no time ! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 12:15 AM

Yeah, I'm out...I'd just have more kids. After 3 wifey said she was done, I wanted another one, but she won...she was in a "woman" type of situation, so SHE had the procedure done, Thanks be to God!
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 12:21 AM

I almost had it done 30 + years ago...Drinking a few beers with my rabbit hunting buddy the week before. Told him my plans, he laughed then got serious. Said come here, showed me two of the most sleepy fat beagles I ever saw, Bobo and Willie. He said those two were the horniest rabbit dogs he ever had, a female in heat within 2 miles they would bark and howl for a week. He took them boys and had their nuts cut. They now are now his wifes lap dogs and lost complete desire to hunt! Best rabbits dogs he ever had, said he ruin them, and wife wouldn't let him get rid of them. Long story short, I still hunt, have live ammo, and still do the boogie every chance I get.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 12:48 AM

No wonder the immigrants are outbreeding y'all.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 12:56 AM

I had to make sure everything worked as it should the day after mine. It all worked fine and that made the wife happy. Lol.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 01:15 AM

It was the first “procedure” I had ever had done. Just had our second child and figured we are done and it’s a minor procedure. For some reason I told the Doc I didn’t need anything just get it done so I could get back to work.
Naive doesn’t even begin to explain my thoughts.
During the “minor procedure” I had sweated so much from the pain on just one side the Doc asked if I needed a break before he started the other side. I told him, in not so nice words, what I’d do to him if I passed out and he woke me up before it was done.
Frozen peas were my grapefruits best friend for the next several days. Surgery was on a Fridays and went back to work that Monday on light duty for a week. After that it was like nothing had ever happened.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 01:54 AM

Still have all my original parts..
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 02:03 AM

I near peed myself reading Hodagtrappers story. Laughed so hard I couldn’t even read it to my wife, she had to read herself. Thanks, I needed that! I am contemplating having this done myself. 33 years old, 2 healthy kids, planning no more.

John
Posted By: BruceDafter

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 02:19 AM

Had it done 4 yrs ago at age 43. It's easy, all you have to do is lay there. Do what they say... ice, rest, etc. I took Monday off work, light duty ( I was a delivery driver for a beer distributor at the time) for a couple days, then I was back on my route.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 02:19 AM

I always tell the wife. “What happens if my next wife wants kids” lol
Posted By: cbat

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 02:20 AM

It is sometimes not 100 percent . Had a buddy do it and 5 years later the Mrs was pregger. DNA test confirm it was him. They got a free pregnancy everything from the hospital and the doctors office. It was a very fluke thing.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 02:29 AM

Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 03:05 AM

My Wife had our 4 children all C section! While they were delivering our 4th she had them remove a section of her tubes.

I wasn't upset.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 03:16 AM

My wife is wanting me to get it done. She's getting ready to deliver our 4th child in November, but her 6th pregnancy in the 10 years we've been married. But I think I'll pass, had one employee have it done and he was black and blue to his ankles for a month. Had a real good friend have it done after their 4th child but within a year his wife was pregnant again and it about caused a divorce but after DNA it was proven that it had grown back so he had to do it again. Lol
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 03:22 AM

When I was getting mine done the doctor started cutting before the novocaine had kicked in. I have a hard time describing the sensation that ran from my scrotum to my brain but I let the doctor know that something was amiss by jumping about a foot off of the table. He said that he would wait a bit longer and I was OK with that. He then had a problem with a bleeder and had a really cute young nurse keep pressure on it until it stopped while he did the other side. While she was doing this she let her other warm hand rest on my thigh.
I prayed that I would not respond as I normally would. The rest of the operation went smoothly and I was soon on my way home with an ice bag in my underwear. I did not have any real discomfort later so was stupid enough to go ice fishing the next day and auger holes and toss my young son up in the air to show how invincible I was. Big mistake.
I did not miss any work because of it. (had it done on a Friday and returned to work on Monday) but all would have been so much better had I rested more and refrained from the physical activity.
Don't sweat it. It is no big deal and your performance level will not suffer one bit.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by RM trapper
My wife is wanting me to get it done. She's getting ready to deliver our 4th child in November, but her 6th pregnancy in the 10 years we've been married. But I think I'll pass, had one employee have it done and he was black and blue to his ankles for a month. Had a real good friend have it done after their 4th child but within a year his wife was pregnant again and it about caused a divorce but after DNA it was proven that it had grown back so he had to do it again. Lol

Stop and thing about that for a moment. Your wife has carried and will have given birth to four children.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 03:29 AM

I did not rest with feet up long enough and that is a no-no. If you try to do to much too soon you will be swinging your legs forward with wide spacing and walking like your pants are full!

Good luck

Bryce
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by chas3457

Charlie

Holy crap!! I’m tossing and turning right now from reading that lol!!
Posted By: Catpincher

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 04:27 AM

I still have my tonsils, wisdom teeth, spleen, appendix and my boys are intact at 57. Doctors and dentists drool at all the money they can make off my body if I would only let them ha ha! No way I'm going out the same way I came into this world minus some skin and am not very happy about that I would pay some darn good money to get it back.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 04:49 AM

I had it done back in 1989. My wife and I had a meeting with the doctor. He told my wife that after the surgery she was to keep some beer cold. She was to hand me a cold beer, and I'd place it down at the area of the incision. When that one started to warm up, she was to pass me another one for that area, and I was to drink the warming one. He said the cold ones would keep the swelling down and the drank ones would make me pee, which was essential. I had a great time recovering - lol. By the way, this was in Alaska. I don't know if they still do it that way.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 04:57 AM

Bless your heart, seriously!
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 05:02 AM

I have had 2 vasectomy because I had it reversed 2 times. When I had it done the first time I watched. It goes fast. My friends ask why I didn't just have a valve installed.

Hence the name strike2x?
Posted By: SleekOtter

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 10:57 AM

You know there's still water in the pool, just no swimmers, right?
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 11:01 AM

Not a doctor fast enough to catch me grin
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 11:09 AM

We have a winner!!!!!! Holy Moly
sick
Posted By: charles

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 12:19 PM

My dog is on light duty for two weeks. Little more aggressive surgery I think.

Wife had tubes tied during c-sect. She is a sport model and I am a production model with antique tags.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Scout1

Hence the name strike2x?

grin
Posted By: DWC

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 01:17 PM

My buddy’s T dropped immediately. He said the woman doctor was getting sweaty and nervous and it was taking way longer than it should have. She admitted to him “i think i cut the wrong thing”. Her attempt to fix that day did t go well and he wasnt shootin blanks. They ended up fixing that problem. Didnt matter though, his T dropped to that of a 65 year old almost immediately and he was mid 30s. . He is on supplements and feels ok now. I chewed his butt for not filing a lawsuit-i would own that incompetent Dr’s house by now. Whats even worse is they charged him for the appointment to fix the leak, and he paid it!

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 04:32 PM

The Dr. that I'm scheduled with specializes in vericose veins, and also does vasectomies. I figured a guy that specializes with tiny, small veins should be good enough to work on my plumbing. One of my buddies told me about his experience, and he had the "grapefruits in the pants" deal after his procedure, but he was also throwing bales the following day. I plan on getting some reloading done, and possibly do some target practice....we'll have to see. The temperature has been in the 20's and 30's at night here lately, so I'm thinking by this time next month, the outdoor shooting bench chairs should be plenty cool enough to do me a favor!
Posted By: adam m

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 05:20 PM

I thought about it, but we also talked about her getting her tubes tied if they were already there anyway. Drs had to do a c section so we told them since you're there already....

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/10/20 05:28 PM

Some of you guys must have known someone or either gotten more than a vasectomy. They aren’t taking the jewels, you’ll still have testosterone, lol. Now if you chose to give them all you’ve got, well then you may have some issues.
Posted By: Mitch L

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 12:10 AM

Do NOTHING for 2 days. NOTHING! But keep them cool. Easy peasy wink

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 02:11 AM

True story alert ::

There is a doctor who practices in Homer, AK but he also has a gold mine about 60 miles west of here. He mines in the summer and doctors in the winter. Sometimes he spends a couple days at our local clinic if needed.

Among other things he is a surgeon and all around down to earth real good guy. Getting close to 80 I suspect.

He has dug plywood slivers and zinc chips out of my eyes more than once. Very competent..............but very straight forward. Refreshing actually.

A few years ago, out at the gold mine, he broke his back. Managed to get in the Cub and fly here . They got him out of the Cub and into the medevac Lear. Two weeks later he was back on the D9 out at the mine ...............wearing a clamshell but running paydirt.

That winter....back in his office in Homer....he decided to go through with a vasectomy...............He did it himself ! I asked him about it face to face and he confirmed it.

That ol' doc is tougher than woodpecker lips !!

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 02:16 AM

A few years ago? If he's 80 now how many gals was he worried about knocking up?
Posted By: dkrug

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun

It's evident that you have never owned a gold mine!

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 02:22 AM

LOL Well it may have been 15 years ago. Time flies !! laugh As I recall his wife is several years his junior.

Don't forget...............Alaskans are different !!

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by dkrug
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun

It's evident that you have never owned a gold mine!

Good point! Lol.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 04:17 AM

I had mine done on November 12th, two years ago (maybe 3?) I was out running my trapline the next morning. I just stuck a bag of frozen peas between two pairs of boxer briefs. It was an extra cold couple of trap checks, but I wasn't about to pull my entire line.
Getting it done was some of the best money I have spent.
Posted By: Catpincher

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 04:35 AM

I guess I just never had the heart to kill all those polliwogs or take a chance of them turning into frogs in the ponds.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 06:01 AM

Wow, never knew so many men got sterilized! I'm still holding out that they may need a new Abraham in the future. I plan to be firing live ammo until I die or can't reload, whatever comes first...
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 08:36 AM

At my age it was getting too embarrassing to buy condoms from some teenager working the register so I just started buying in bulk online.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 08:45 AM

Everybody I know that has had prostate cancer has had a vasectomy. Dr's who should know say there is no link. I never wanted to take a chance. My wife got "fixed" before I met her so I never really had to consider it. Ask the guys you know that are prostate cancer survivors if they ever had one though.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 09:11 AM

Bunch a chickens chiming in late, lol.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 09:30 AM

Historically lots of these got scheduled around March Madness, guys sitting around at home healing up, watching games all day long on TV.
Fun t-shirt I saw once for vasectomy...
[Linked Image]

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 11:23 AM

I have nothing to offer to this discussion. Have not, "been there-done that." shocked
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/11/20 11:28 AM

I thought it was so much fun, I had it done twice.

I was told just to have a local doc do it as no biggie. Well he got half way through and said, he couldn't find the other tube so have to go to urologist. Given those two options, just go the urologist route first. They are just better at it.
Posted By: Preacherman Les

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/12/20 11:32 PM

The worst part of the vasectomy is the tape.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/12/20 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Preacherman Les

What tape?
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/12/20 11:54 PM

Heat tape grin
Posted By: newtoga

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 12:18 AM

8 years after I had it done wife wanted me to get reattached she wanted another kid. I said no!!

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by newtoga
8 years after I had it done wife wanted me to get reattached she wanted another kid. I said no!!

Only way that would happen is if I went under total anesthesia...like wake me up after they done got me dressed and ready to get in the truck to go home. I still cringe thinking of them pulling on those tubes that run all the way up your entire body.
Posted By: MTHunter

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Originally Posted by Preacherman Les

What tape?

I agree! They tape big Jim up out of the way for the procedure on the twins.Then, a mean nurse RIPS the tape off. I swear I flew halfway across the room!!!

My mistake was taking aspirin before the surgery to get a jump on the pain. Big mistake and swelled up to a grapefruit. I took the weekend off to ice (real ice) and drink beer. Lots of sympathy from the wife.

I looked down once to see smoke and the doctor said “don’t worry, you’re not on fire” as he closed. He made one cut on the left and removed a small piece of vas def. Then stitched each end closed and bent them back on themselves and used a clip to keep the from growing back. Second cut was through the center line into the other side to repeat.

Never had a problem and the gun still works.

You’ll be fine!

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 01:08 AM

When I had it done last Tuesday, he used a warm weighted bag wrapped in a cloth to hold everything out of the way. It wasn’t bad at all. Maybe they do it different now or something.
Posted By: coalminer7755

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 01:36 AM

Had it done years ago. Was on midnight shift, got out of the mine on time, wife took me to the hospital, had it done and went back to work that night. Was back to cutting firewood by that Sunday.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by DWC
My buddy’s T dropped immediately. He said the woman doctor was getting sweaty and nervous and it was taking way longer than it should have. She admitted to him “i think i cut the wrong thing”. Her attempt to fix that day did t go well and he wasnt shootin blanks. They ended up fixing that problem. Didnt matter though, his T dropped to that of a 65 year old almost immediately and he was mid 30s. . He is on supplements and feels ok now. I chewed his butt for not filing a lawsuit-i would own that incompetent Dr’s house by now. Whats even worse is they charged him for the appointment to fix the leak, and he paid it!

Unreal! "Cut thr wrong thing"

Why wouldn't he get a Lawyer

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by DWC

Unreal! "Cut thr wrong thing"

Why wouldn't he get a Lawyer

Would you show your Junk to the jury?

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 02:30 PM

For That I Would!!!

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 03:56 PM

Yes Dkrug I would.

But more than likely they would have a doctor examine you and you wouldn’t pull your junk out in the court room.

But I would if asked to, it’s just my junk. Wouldn’t be the first time it’s been out in a room full of people.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 04:54 PM

Would you show your Junk to the jury?[/quote]

I haven't actually read enough of this thread to know why this question was asked, but the answer is yes. Without question or reservation. Yes.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 05:04 PM

After my circumcision, I couldn't walk for almost a year and I didn't sue anybody.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 05:29 PM

Blind Melon Chitlin.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by dkrug
After my circumcision, I couldn't walk for almost a year and I didn't sue anybody.

Lol, I like that!
Posted By: foxhunter52

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 05:44 PM

I swear I logged in to Trapperman. I wonder how I got to Facebook.
Posted By: Rob G

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 09:21 PM

Can't make this up... 28 years ago when I had mine, my primary care doc did it on a friday last appointment for him. First one went quick. The other had some problems. He said I had some atrophy when I was young he guessed. Couldn't get to the tube to cut it. Said it was on the back side. After 2 more shots he finally called a fellow doc from the same clinic off the soccer fields when his son was playing to come help. All the while the nurse was a girl I knew from high school was assisting. 1 hour and 15 minutes he was done. Looked like I sat on a TS85.
But other than the complications that follow me everywhere I go, it wasn't as bad as it sounds. Would do it again. Everyday life, pulling teeth hurts more in my opinion.
Posted By: Burly

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 11:02 PM

All you will feel after the shot is some tugging and then dull pain for a couple days. Nothing major, just a little uncomfortable. Get some frozen peas and watch some John Wayne for a couple days and all should go well. And buy a jockstrap. I didn't think I needed one but ended up sending the wife out after one when I got home.

When I got mine done the nurse got a wisp of smoke in her face. The doc apologized but she said she didn't mind, she liked the smell shocked It smelled like dehorning calves to me. I always thought that was kind of weird.
Posted By: Birdman382

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 11:20 PM

Peace of cake. My doctor was also my hunting buddy. Pull a little cord out and tie off and then snip. Now seven years later after the wife devorced me for her boyfriend and the I found a girlfriend. Well a couple years later I had a reversal which cost me $3500.00 compared to the $200.00 to get it done. Low and behold after we got married the little girl came along. What a girl now thirty years old on the 12th. Now our thirty year old daughter is going to have her first around Oct 9th. So we all total have five living kids and one son died when he was two. Son died April 5th 1973 seems like yesterday. I would not wish that on anyone not even my enemy if I had one. So my friend go for it.
Posted By: Quartermastersir

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/13/20 11:23 PM

mine went completely uneventful. No horror stories to tell.
But my ex brother in law's went sideways.
Apparently he and the Dr were having a conversation during the procedure and the doc said something funny, my Brother in law chuckled and when he did the vas deference vein slipped out of the clamp and went back inside the scrotum. So the doc had to go "looking" for the loose end. Only took a couple minutes but it must've created some issues.
Brother in law was as big as grapefruit and all kinds of purple and painful for a week.
Posted By: TRAPPER TOM

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... - 09/14/20 01:58 PM

DONT DO IT !!!
I had problems with swelling bad
5 years later we had a son (yes he is mine) chances of regrowth is 1.5%
doc wouldn't redo mine said too much scar tissue.
with todays technology its very easy for a woman to get done with no cutting
check into it
© 2024 Trapperman Forums