Home

Smoke

Posted By: nvwrangler

Smoke - 09/16/20 04:39 AM

Who has blue skys? Sick of this smoke and it being so smoky you cant see anything, need a rode trip how far east do i need to go?
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 04:44 AM

We've got lots of blue sky. It's going to change to gray rainy sky soon though.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 04:45 AM

I'll let you know when i get to the east side of our state in a few days.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 04:51 AM

We have had some smoke the last couple of days, it was bad tonight seemed to be in pockets here and there but thick where it was at.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 04:51 AM

Haven't seen the sun in probably a week, but it rained a little this evening so it appears there are now clouds above the smoke; I think that's a good sign.
Posted By: weaselnut

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 05:12 AM

Been horrible here the last few days.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 05:15 AM

I’m in winnemucca, no blue skies here.
Posted By: red mt

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 05:43 AM

No blue sky here smokey
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 05:47 AM

Clear as can be here in fly over country.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 11:23 AM

The smoke from the western fires reached the east coast a few days ago.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 11:27 AM

It's clear here, but was smoky south of here. Depends on where the breeze carries the smoke.

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 11:30 AM

We are under a high-pressure system here in PA right now and should have clear, bluebird skies.

Instead we have a smoke filter. my daughter sent me this pic of the sun two days ago.

[Linked Image]

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 11:32 AM

So where's your PA smoke coming from?
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 11:33 AM

We have smoke thanks to California tree hugging .

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
So where's your PA smoke coming from?

The western fires.

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 11:44 AM

That's a long haul!
Posted By: woodtick

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 11:45 AM

Up here in Nova Scotia we are getting a haze from the California fires..
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 11:52 AM

Hazy smoke sky even here in NY, but it's 30K feet up
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 11:55 AM

It's sunny in Texas. I'm not a native Texan, but I don't think they allow smoke from other parts around here.

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 11:55 AM

That's a long haul!

It is and I didn't realize it was happening until my daughter sent me that pic. I realized we should have had clear skies due to the high-pressure system so started doing some research. They say the smoke is up around 30,000 feet, up in the jet stream I guess.

[Linked Image]

The whiter areas are clouds, a patch of cirrostratus along the PA/NY border and stratus along the east coast. If you zoom in you can see all the hazy areas that are smoke. The pic is from 48 hours ago, smoke was just reaching southeastern PA.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Who has blue skys? Sick of this smoke and it being so smoky you cant see anything, need a rode trip how far east do i need to go?

England
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 01:34 PM

We were driving home last night and I told my wife the only time i have seen the skies that color is with smoke.
Never thought it could Reach the U.P. from the west coast.

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 01:42 PM

I'm thinking that all you other states with no fires should grab a lawyer or two and sue oregon,washington,and california for mismanaging the forests and the health impacts it has on you.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rat_Pack
Hazy smoke sky even here in NY, but it's 30K feet up

Correct

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 02:21 PM

Correction. It's here this morning.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 02:27 PM

I so dislike high pressure systems in summer, like the one that is just about ready to leave , south of here. It is taking up the coastal smoke and swirling it in the jet in a northward spiral east.

In a day or so it is supposed to move out with a low pressure system dropping in from the north , with much needed rain. The rain will help the firefighters on the coast, and clear out the smoke . Can't wait.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Smoke - 09/16/20 03:46 PM

That's a long haul!

Jetstream, I would say.
Posted By: SpottedOwl

Re: Smoke - 09/17/20 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT

England

Nope, already there. Supposedly will be in Japan by Friday. According to the meteorological geniuses they’re interviewing on the radio all day.

Originally Posted by H2ORat
I'm thinking that all you other states with no fires should grab a lawyer or two and sue oregon,washington,and california for mismanaging the forests and the health impacts it has on you.

Already in the works. Legal action filed in Salem this afternoon.

We’ve been up above Silverton and Scotts Mills since Labor Day. Tried taking pictures, smoke so thick the camera couldn’t focus. At times visibility down to less an a 75’ Spencer tape. Talking with line guys from here and there, it will take the winter snow and rain to kill these. They will also likely spring up again next season. A lot of people don’t realize contained is not the same thing as out. Volunteer body’s are being sent home and fire crews are being demobilized and sent back to their communities to stand guard, restock and recoup. Evac zones are being down graded and people are being let back in to find what they find at their homes. Immediate threats are all but over, right now. If the wind shifts again all hel will break loose. The valley is getting a good taste of fire the rest of that the deals with to often. Maybe the granola grinders will open up thinking to better forest management practices now.

Owl
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Smoke - 09/17/20 01:01 AM

Couple pics same views

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Smoke - 09/17/20 01:09 AM

Couple pics same views

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What are you complaining about -- you can still see the old homestead crazy
Posted By: warrior

Re: Smoke - 09/17/20 01:27 AM

Nope, solid overcast thanks to Sally.
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: Smoke - 09/17/20 01:31 AM

"C'mon man....................!" I need this firefighting money to offset my trapline losses for the coming winter!

Currently assigned on the Lionshead Fire in central Oregon.

Pete
Posted By: old_newbie

Re: Smoke - 09/17/20 01:46 AM

Can barely see the 10,000 ft. mountain 3mi. from my house. Gettin' really tired of the smoke!
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: Smoke - 09/17/20 01:54 AM

We had fires here in 2000 and the sky was black for weeks.We have had solid smoke haze since Sunday.Can maybe see 200 yards at best.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Smoke - 09/17/20 10:40 AM

we can see it here , it's on the news , stay safe pete
© 2024 Trapperman Forums