Home

Vacation ?

Posted By: Newt

Vacation ? - 09/16/20 11:22 AM

Do you trap and snare on your vacation ?
OR
Take a vacation from trapping and snaring ?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 11:24 AM

At the price of furs, I'm not taking a vacation from it, I'm going south for the winter!
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 11:25 AM

I hear ya. My wife is always campaigning to go on "vacation". Which, pretty much means, I have to take a break from my permanent vacation.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 12:12 PM

Take a vacation from trapping and snaring
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 12:13 PM

I have to take a vacation to get much trapping in.
work all the time and when on-call I can't go more than 5 minutes from home.

trapping and hunting is my vacation from work.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 12:20 PM

What's a vacation these days?
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 12:59 PM

I fish on vacation.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 02:07 PM

I have to take vacation time to get any serious trapping in, I still run a few sets before work but most winters I’m working 10-12 hour days and have a wife and young kids at home that want to see me on occasion
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 03:24 PM

When fur prices where better I would try to plan a day or 2 a week for vacationE At the time quiting time for the day at woek was 2:30 So I had a few hours of day light at the end ff the day to do trapline management. I could set a few at a spot in the afternoon and plull orhers the next day when I was off and the finish pulling those form the day before . And than adding in more stes ftom the day before and set up new areas I was always checking some new sets and pulling siome that had been out for a whileAnd I gererally saved the hard to reach spots for the very end of the season That way if the weather got real bad I would just skip them for that year
Posted By: Boco

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 03:39 PM

Trapping is a way of life.
I dont want to take a vacation from life.Maybe the younger people today take a couple weeks off to go rioting.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 03:56 PM

My wife and I get away for a weekend every couple months. When we go in November, we stay somewhere where i can trap. Check traps in the morning, spend the rest of the day in town.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
What's a vacation these days?

a week off work to get doctors appointments, the list of things I need to fix around the house and I schedule fishing with my dad and my son.

my last vacation was 3 Dr appointments , 2 faucets replaced , several trips to home depot , 100 feet of romex run, 9 rolls of insulation installed , a speedometer fix on a gmc1500 , blower motor control on the wifes SUV ,trailer wiring , gravel on the driveway and that is just what I can remember. I started the week with a day for fishing with my dad. have to get the important stuff in

I often have to go back to work to slow down again.

we went to Disney once when the kids were little , not really my kinda vacation . fun but we had no time to go fishing
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 05:19 PM

I run traps in evenings or very early mornings, always before or after work. Weekends are a treat with daylight. For me personally this is a great refresh for me. I'll trade sleep for trapping any day.

Vacations I take time from work and spend that with family.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 05:30 PM

I go back to work to rest up after trapping. I'm not sure what category to put trapping in? confused
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Vacation ? - 09/16/20 05:41 PM

Haven't taken a vacation in twenty years. People come to where I live to kick back and relax. I enjoy where I live and play. Only work when I want to and trap. Not rich or poor but happy and content. Me and wife enjoy our time with the kids grandkids and great grandkids.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Vacation ? - 09/17/20 12:20 AM

A little off topic but an old timer I bought a bunch of gear off of when he gave it up said back in the day he would take two weeks off in the fall from his work as a carpenter to get his trapping in and would make 3 times what he would normally make from his regular employment during that "vacation".
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Vacation ? - 09/17/20 12:49 AM

Everyday for me is a vacation.
I fish when I feel times are best for fishing, not when I can get away for a couple of hours.
Posted By: JD Hornet

Re: Vacation ? - 09/17/20 01:11 AM

My life is a vacation! It took a long time and a lot of hard work but I'm here, not rich money wise and not poor work the farm and wonder with the wife if we will have chicken beef or pork for supper (we raised it all). Vegetables we grow um can um and eat um. Havn't been to a grocery store in three weeks. Going tomorrow for coffee and sorts. Praise GOD!
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Vacation ? - 09/17/20 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Take a vacation from trapping and snaring

Boss I just can’t do it! It’s just part of who I am.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Vacation ? - 09/17/20 10:33 AM

when I worked , I would save 6 weeks for fall trapping an hunting , we could bank our call time , man it was hard going back after 6 weeks off , now I just do what I want when I want smile
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Vacation ? - 09/17/20 10:50 AM

all my vacation and switch to 3rd shift for day light workin hours during the rest of season.
Posted By: bandy

Re: Vacation ? - 09/17/20 12:22 PM

What is vacation work is work trapping is work putting up fur is work i don't deer hunt to much setting around. When the family goes to the beach or somewhere like that it's not a vacation for me because there is no work to do. I think i have a problem I just finished my cup of coffee and I'm not working yet let's get at it those critters ain't gonna mount themselves. Ok no wise cracks.
Posted By: coalbank

Re: Vacation ? - 09/17/20 12:39 PM

The vacation line. Then the home line.
Posted By: Ryan wenzel

Re: Vacation ? - 09/19/20 01:51 AM

At this point the only reason I'm going on vacation is to trap at a different location. But I appreciate me and my wife's relationship so I wont trap on vacations
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Vacation ? - 09/19/20 12:00 PM

Taka a break from trapping to vacation
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Vacation ? - 09/19/20 01:59 PM

I think you should take vacations and consider your spouse. North America is such a beautiful place with so much to see. Don't get me wrong, I will still do my trapping, but people should take time to smell the roses. Life is too short!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums