Home

NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Canvasback2

NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 01:05 AM

sick eek shocked :crazy
Bought some Peppers to spice up a kettle of Chile. I THOUGHT they were regular hot peppers. BIG MISTAKE!!! There I was cutting them up, and I had a small crack on the palm of my left hand. The Ghost Peppers found that spot and ATTACKED !!! My hand is still on fire!!

How do you stop the burning ???????????????? shocked

Canvasback
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 01:06 AM

Cut it off! grin

Chris
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 01:07 AM

Grab your "boys" real quick. Your hand will no longer be a problem.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 01:07 AM

Milk
Posted By: Pike River

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
Bought some Peppers to spice up a kettle of Chile. I THOUGHT they were regular hot peppers. BIG MISTAKE!!! There I was cutting them up, and I had a small crack on the palm of my left hand. The Ghost Peppers found that spot and ATTACKED !!! My hand is still on fire!!

Canvasback

At least you didn't use the can first....been there....done that....
Posted By: minklessinpa

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 01:18 AM

wife bought me some ghost pepper cheese. i ate 4 slices in 2 days. that was enough for me.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 01:48 AM

I'll never forget the first jalapeno I ate. Longest 8 mile drive of my life.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 01:59 AM

My sister and brother in law grew Ghost Peppers and Carolina Reaper Peppers this year. My sister made a small amount of pure Ghost Pepper sauce. My brother in law tried some by dipping the tip of a chip in it and then letting the sauce drip off. It hurt him bad. He said he felt instant heat, then tasted fruit and then could not taste anything at all from the pain. He drank 32 ounces of milk and still felt pain afterwards.

I have no desire to try Ghost Pepper.

Keith
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 02:13 AM

Love them!
Of course, I love hot/spicy food.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 02:14 AM

I use my skinning gloves for all my tomato and pepper work when dealing with the hot ones. You don't to take a leak before you get our hands washed good or you will be doing more than contacting this forum for assistance!

Bryce
Posted By: keystone

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 04:25 AM

Lemon Juice takes the heat away almost instantly. I seasoned a bunch of pork steaks with habanero dust and i was just grilling and chugging beers. Went over to the tree line to take a leak, guess what i still had on my hands, yep habanero dust. You talk about burning, i was lit up. My uncle said to try lemon juice and it worked almost instantly.
Posted By: gwc

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 05:54 AM

I grow Red ghost peppers,theyre really hot.Have a few other types too,and seeds for hotter ones on there way.But the only thing iv found to help is milk or half n half.I dehydrate and grind some into powder,but when i do i wear gloves and a face shield lol.As long as im carefull,i love growing and making stuff from hot peppers.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 08:47 AM

I grow ghost peppers, Carolina reapers, equadorian hot lemon peppers etc.. all kinds of Chilies. Milk will help a little never tried the lemon juice. Only time really works. I also wear gloves when working with them. I make lots of hot pepper jelly, extremely hot but tasty. Vapors when cooking and especially washing pots and pans is overpowering to the lungs. Wore a respirator once but when I went to take it off my face I got traces of the peppers got on my face and in one eye. That was the worst pepper "burn" I ever had.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 09:47 AM

Citrus (lemon juice, etc) or vinegar work best.
Oily foods (peanut butter, etc) help.

Milk barely does anything.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 09:48 AM

cant eat anything that bite's back ,I like spice but not where you loose taste of every thing else laugh
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 09:50 AM

love spicey...grew habaneros a few yrs ago.....some were tolerable.....some immediately took breath away and tore stomache up. Wont do ghost peppers or carolina as read many went to hospital over them. Thats just ignorant.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 09:59 AM

They're hot twice!
Posted By: Finster

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 11:02 AM

capsaicin, the active compound that causes the heat is alcohol soluble. I shot of 151 or vodka swished around in your mouth and spit out should help ease the pain. I don't know about pouring it on skin or cuts.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 11:37 AM

spit it out??

you gonna be in trouble when Savell reads that.

everyone knows ya wash the vodka down with a Lonestar. wink
Posted By: coalbank

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 12:58 PM

We watched a grown man cry after eating some ghost pepper sauce. An ex Marine he was. RIP Bill.

My dog likes jalapenos. No kidd.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Grab your "boys" real quick. Your hand will no longer be a problem.

This^
Posted By: teepee2

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 01:49 PM

I heard some people are into self mutilation. Sorry them things are not for me.
Posted By: run

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 01:51 PM

I love ghost peppers. They seem to help my joint pain.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2

Canvasback

Be glad w used those at the restaurant I worked at and had a cook cut some up then go use the toilet, should have heard the ruckus when he went to pee
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 04:58 PM

Don't go near your wife with those fingers.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Milk

That's actually a myth. The heat from the pepper is from oil. The lemon juice thing is new to me
I'll have to try that, but alcohol is what cuts oil the best. Cooking shows recommend vodka.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Milk

That's actually a myth. The heat from the pepper is from oil. The lemon juice thing is new to me
I'll have to try that, but alcohol is what cuts oil the best. Cooking shows recommend vodka.

I thought Capsaicin was an acid and the fat in the milk helps neutralize or protect?
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 05:32 PM

[Linked Image]
Yum yum[Linked Image]
Posted By: tlguy

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 06:02 PM

Loosegoose, what is that first one? I have some unidentified peppers I got from Facebook marketplace and some look very similar to those, but with more of a "cap" appearance.

[Linked Image]

I guess I don't have a picture of a ripe one, but they're the same color red.
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 06:25 PM

My wife has been growing reapers for a few years now. She makes sauce out of them too. Just a little bit will go a long way.

I ate one of the reapers. The whole thing at once. Beer seemed to be the only thing that calmed it down. But it was very short lived. After you would swallow the beer your mouth was on fire again. Beer is also the reason that I ate it in the first place.

My brother has been growing ghost peppers for a few years also. We use then when we can pickles and tomatoes. Half to a whole one per quart jar. You need to remember that it is a ghost and not a milder pepper. I have eaten a couple from the bottom of the jar. They are a little warm.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by west river rogue
love spicey...grew habaneros a few yrs ago.....some were tolerable.....some immediately took breath away and tore stomache up. Wont do ghost peppers or carolina as read many went to hospital over them. Thats just ignorant.

thats my thoughts to

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by tlguy
Loosegoose, what is that first one? I have some unidentified peppers I got from Facebook marketplace and some look very similar to those, but with more of a "cap" appearance.

[Linked Image]

I guess I don't have a picture of a ripe one, but they're the same color red.

My first pic is a carolina reaper, the second pic is unripe ghost peppers (bhut jolokias) the one in your pic is a 7 pot pepper. I used to grow yellow ones. They have that 3 lobed buttoned look.

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 07:48 PM

[Linked Image]
Not my pic,but these are 7 pot peppers. They come in several colors.
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/17/20 08:38 PM

OH, IT GOT WORSE!!

Bought Hot Dogs the other day. I THOUGHT HOT DOGS WERE HOT DOGS!! Took one bite of the Hot Dog, and it was SUPER HOT !!!! shocked Looked at the package it came in. Hotdogs with Cheese and Jalapeno Peppers mixed in .. Who came up with that dumb idea????? mad
Posted By: story

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/18/20 01:05 AM

don't know about all those peppers but I do know that a Indian Turnip is HOT
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/18/20 02:14 AM

Lol grin
Posted By: Jiggamitch

Re: NEVER AGAIN!!! GHOST PEPPERS!!!!!!!! - 09/18/20 02:21 AM

Video of me and my 11 year old eating whole ghost peppers. My boy does a pretty good spit take at the end.

https://youtu.be/Jik-PqlJoPY
© 2024 Trapperman Forums