Home

Cloths dryer question

Posted By: coonman220

Cloths dryer question - 09/17/20 08:27 PM

This off topic, I dont know who ask, my cloths from job make parts out metal when use oil, are get pretty saturated a always same outfit because dirty, I use go jo sometimes. Don't got time of patience for presoak, or go bother it, after washing, when cloths get pretty black dirty. Could a hot dryer ignite them on fire ? I was mol pads that have some kind fiber in them an not supposed put dryer as catch fire, mop pads on adhesive holder with mop pole with wstter bladder on pole an trigger, I wash once month when get bunch built up
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/17/20 08:37 PM

If you have ran them thru the washer first they should be fine.I would invest in a rental uniform company. Most are 8-10 bucks aweek. Clean clothes and you never put that stuff into your home.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/17/20 08:42 PM

just go naked ifthey don't like your stained work clothes.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/17/20 08:43 PM

let me answer this with the most common cause of restaurant fires before 2020 in Madison Wisconsin was linens saturated with oil.

so yes oil soaked clothing can definitely start fires

simple green and a 5 gallon pail to soak is your friend
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/17/20 09:07 PM

Why can I picture speedy dry and pig absorbent mats all over the shop floor- it must be like skating on bacon when you walk to your machine
Posted By: run

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/17/20 09:07 PM

I would use a clothes line. Does the sun shine in Iowa?

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/17/20 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
let me answer this with the most common cause of restaurant fires before 2020 in Madison Wisconsin was linens saturated with oil.

so yes oil soaked clothing can definitely start fires

simple green and a 5 gallon pail to soak is your friend

Good answer.

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/17/20 09:23 PM

Don't got time hang line. I guess put dryer on low. Heat, not likely but possibility , I doubt get uniform.if want to, no locker. No c ph allow. I not pay them $15 plus week or whatever. If could fir uniforms
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/17/20 09:32 PM

couldn't a said it better myself Dave.

maybe line the underside of the vechile with em and save the motor oil.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/17/20 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Don't got time hang line. I guess put dryer on low. Heat, not likely but possibility , I doubt get uniform.if want to, no locker. No c ph allow. I not pay them $15 plus week or whatever. If could fir uniforms

Hanging your work uniforms on a line and taking them down when you're done, can't take more than a few minutes more of your time, than putting the clothes in a dryer. An added advantage is you don't have to pay for electricity to dry your clothes on a line, so you would save some money too. Clothes dried outside smell nicer too.

Keith
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/17/20 11:29 PM

That's actually exactly on topic.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/18/20 12:08 AM

Dave, how about using a local laundromat to wash and dry your clothing.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/18/20 01:04 AM

Get you a girlfriend. One that wants to marry. She will do all your laundry and housework too. At least till she figures out you dont want to marry
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/18/20 01:30 AM

very oily cloth can actually self heat and combust on it's own it doesn't need the dryers help.

why the dirty rag bin is metal with a metal lid like this https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...vAnSEAYYASABEgIkAPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

when I worked at the garage I had uniform service , there is a reason the bin for dirty uniforms was a metal 55 gallon drum with a metal lid if the uniform combusted it wouldn't take the shop down also.

From the Madison July 2019 fire hazard bulletin.
"rags saturated with cooking oil residue can self-heat and undergo spontaneous combustion after being laundered."
Posted By: Boco

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/18/20 02:09 AM

Tumble a few wet coon in there.That will shine it back up.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/18/20 01:44 PM

Time to find a wife. Or a girlfriend. Maybe both
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/18/20 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by CTRAPS
Dave, how about using a local laundromat to wash and dry your clothing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Brilliant ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ But that costs money.....he’s saving up for fluid film right now..

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/18/20 02:19 PM

Don't girlfriends cost money too?
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/18/20 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by run
Don't girlfriends cost money too?

They realy start costing money when your wife finds out about them. So I hear, I have not gone down that road.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/18/20 03:10 PM

Tell the wife you lost all your girlfriends in a boating accident.

Re: Cloths dryer question - 09/18/20 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
very oily cloth can actually self heat and combust on it's own it doesn't need the dryers help.

why the dirty rag bin is metal with a metal lid like this https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...vAnSEAYYASABEgIkAPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

when I worked at the garage I had uniform service , there is a reason the bin for dirty uniforms was a metal 55 gallon drum with a metal lid if the uniform combusted it wouldn't take the shop down also.

From the Madison July 2019 fire hazard bulletin.
"rags saturated with cooking oil residue can self-heat and undergo spontaneous combustion after being laundered."

I heard that before, yes shops have metal drums or metsl containers for that, at least some do
© 2024 Trapperman Forums