Home

Any rig welders on here ?

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Any rig welders on here ? - 09/20/20 11:50 PM

Wanted to know if there where any rig welders had a few questions . One being other than an SA200 what's a good starting generator welder for under $5000? I know buying used is a factor but in general. Was looking at the miller Bobcat and trailblazer (I have a good bit if experience without trail blazer using it on a welding trailer in Kuwait ) but not.
Also as far as pipe stands for general fab work is it better to just buy then for $50-75 new or are there any detect DIY versions?
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Any rig welders on here ? - 09/20/20 11:56 PM

You can get a miller bobcat for less than five. easy to get parts and serviced. sa200 are good welders but in todays world get one you can stick tig and mig with . buy you some good pipe stands and you can make a rollout wheel ,it will pay for itself in no time.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Any rig welders on here ? - 09/21/20 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by logger coffey
You can get a miller bobcat for less than five. easy to get parts and serviced. sa200 are good welders but in todays world get one you can stick tig and mig with .

Yeah that's what I was looking at. Really want the AC/DC capability for aluminum work. I read the the Bobcat can be a little too light for various things but honestly 8m generally just going to be using it for general fan and repair work
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Any rig welders on here ? - 09/21/20 12:08 AM

Dont count out the sa200 redface if you can find one cheap , though i would go with upgraded welders ,so much more you can do these days.
Posted By: Knappett

Re: Any rig welders on here ? - 09/21/20 12:38 AM

I use a miller trailblazer daily in the winter months and iv never had any trouble with it. Id recomend it.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Any rig welders on here ? - 09/21/20 12:52 AM

my son just bought a gas sa 250 its got ac outlets and a 100 foot remote alot of them rigs where strictly Dc . That thing has the most stable arc ive ever seen when he puts his tig rig on it he says its the best arc he has ever had to tig with
Posted By: Arkansas87

Re: Any rig welders on here ? - 09/21/20 02:35 AM

I run a miller trailblazer 302d. Had it about 12 years. Really good machine. It has
the 3 cylander kubota diesel. I also run a high frequency tig box with it for stainless and aluminum.really smooth arc with the deisel. It will Eaven run an arc gouger with smaller carbon rods with air compressor hooked to it also.and run a plaza cutter cutting stainless too
Posted By: Arkansas87

Re: Any rig welders on here ? - 09/21/20 02:37 AM

Only draw back is on cold mornings the boys that run gas burners are already fired up and welding and I'm still holding the glow plug swith lol
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: Any rig welders on here ? - 09/21/20 03:46 AM

My Dad started his mobile welding business when he was 16. He's 66, still welding. He swears by his old Lincolns, but has a few Miller Bobcats, and they've always been reliable.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums