Home

How is everyone doing?

Posted By: Hutchy

How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 12:18 AM

And what you all been up to?? (can a Canadian say y'all??)

I been picking mushrooms and working like crazy to get moved into the new trap cabin.

Almost there, pics soon.

What about everyone else?
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 12:19 AM

Not up to too much. Working a lot.

Sat in a deer stand tonight. Didn’t see anything until after dark walking back to the truck.

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Not up to too much. Working a lot.

Sat in a deer stand tonight. Didn’t see anything until after dark walking back to the truck.

Isn't that how it goes.

I guess I been working a lot too. 7 till 7, m to f since April is getting old quick
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 12:24 AM

Working like a dog , trying to get back to elk camp before the season ends

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Working like a dog , trying to get back to elk camp before the season ends

There's an animal I would like to chase.

Saw a nice bull moose today and reminded me I want to chase elk in the mountains one day
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 12:33 AM

Hiding out on a friends ranch near Aspen CO, riding horses/hiking, watching some monster bulls fight (no hunting on the ranch)

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
(no hunting on the ranch)

Doesn't seem right
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 12:46 AM

Just got home from a week at the Outer Banks. Squirrel hunting tomorrow, taking off honey from hives later in week.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 12:48 AM

Hiding out on a friends ranch near Aspen CO, riding horses/hiking, watching some monster bulls fight (no hunting on the ranch)

No hunting for the common folk or no hunting period ?

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
Just got home from a week at the Outer Banks. Squirrel hunting tomorrow, taking off honey from hives later in week.

That all sounds real great
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 01:12 AM

Thinking, Hutchy. Always thinking.

My brain hurts with thinking!

It's a fear of mine, that I may Die thinking.

Think about that! grin
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 02:14 AM

Busy with work. I’m heading out to tag 500 dolly varden char this week. We sweep pool at the overwintering fish holes. Highlight of my work year. Celebrated two of the kids birthdays yesterday. Morgan is 10 and bobby is six. Hoping to hear a good report on caribou as I would like to get more put away before the rut.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 02:42 AM

Laid off from work, weather is cooling down, low humidity
Guess I will start squirrel hunting this week.
Please don’t throw me in that brier patch..
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

No hunting for the common folk or no hunting period ?

No hunting period, it's a ranch with 10 rich owners and he manages it.
Got a few trout for dinner though
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 03:59 AM

Taking care of Our Cows, Welding on a trailer, ADCBeaverin' and bear hunting ( no luck yet)
Posted By: Boco

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 04:35 AM

Boarding spring beaver pelts and nuisance beaver pelts for the council,to make room for the fall haul of fur.Got about 40 left to do,did 10 last couple days-nothing strenuous.Catching up on some overdue fur sewing for customers also.
Got the rack and tubs bolted on the 4 wheeler for trapping season,and puttering around the yard getting ready for winter.
Posted By: Bob

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 09:29 AM

Took the kids and wife for a 5 hour hike up a canyon two days in a row, scouting for coyotes and panning for gold. Gonna go pick up some trees tomorrow and plant em in moms yard and maybe stretch up some 6’ chain link around the place. Make an order from MTP, finish tuning and treating all our traps this week. Do some more scouting. Planning on running 120+ coyote sets starting a month from now until they get rubbed, so I’m trying to have my line planned out start to finish before I ever start laying steel.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 09:32 AM

putting a 14-26 addition on side of trapping shed , going to cancer treatments very Monday afternoon, hour a half ride each way , getting ready for fall trapping
Posted By: pcr2

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 09:43 AM

Livin the dream Hutchy,just livin the dream. grin

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by pcr2
Livin the dream Hutchy,just livin the dream. grin

From you that could mean so many things!

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
putting a 14-26 addition on side of trapping shed , going to cancer treatments very Monday afternoon, hour a half ride each way , getting ready for fall trapping

Sorry to hear about the C word.

A bigger shed is always nice though!

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan McLeod
Busy with work. I’m heading out to tag 500 dolly varden char this week. We sweep pool at the overwintering fish holes. Highlight of my work year. Celebrated two of the kids birthdays yesterday. Morgan is 10 and bobby is six. Hoping to hear a good report on caribou as I would like to get more put away before the rut.

I worked with the MMR trap netting and measuring fish years ago. Was a blast

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Taking care of Our Cows, Welding on a trailer, ADCBeaverin' and bear hunting ( no luck yet)

Had a nice bear swinging by the house once a week all summer. Set a foot snare now haven't seen him all September
Posted By: pcr2

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 10:49 AM

catchin a bear is one of my few todo's.don't even have a urge to shoot one but would give my everything to be able to trapse these hills in search of a bruin by steel like Ian Woodcock did in his book in the same hills.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 11:13 AM

Studying the Lord's Word.
Trying to be a decent hubby (to a lady far beyond my punt coverage)
Enjoying being a papa. Spoil 'em and give 'em back.
Getting traps all prepped and set on go.

grin
Posted By: jabNE

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 11:47 AM

Finally got the old steel side door to garage replaced. Bottom and jambs all rotted out.
New one has deadbolt too.
Ended up taking me most of the weekend by time I got the cedar trim and flashing put back on, sealed, and paint touched up on outside. Should be much better this winter!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Swampgator

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

My son and I are going to the Adirondack mts for ten days on a deer/ bear hunt, we leave October 2nd
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 02:50 PM

Watching my 4 year old greatgrand daughter on the weekends, wondering where all my energy went. Cleaning out the barn getting ready for hunting and trapping
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 06:45 PM

slowly going broke working 24-30 hrs/wk
while trying to pay off wife's 2nd heart attack and eye injections/laser surgery and kidney failure treatment
all while my foot is in a boot waiting for an MRI to look for ligament/tendon injury.
BUT, doing better on all fronts than many many folks and am blessed overall!

and, Getting our products ready to vend at the VIRGINIA TRAPPERS CONVENTION OCT 16-18.
Posted By: Redknot

Re: How is everyone doing? - 09/21/20 07:07 PM

Finishing up with canning, bees and garden. Some deer hunting prep, but mostly fighting with NYS DEC Central Office folk...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums