Home

Young Lady bags big buck

Posted By: Snowpa

Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 02:02 AM

[Linked Image]

Anyone would be proud to harvest this buck that Isabella Schlatter bagged by Elma Iowa
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 02:04 AM

Now that is a STUD! Congrats to the young huntress!
Posted By: unclej

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 02:19 AM

Wow!
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 02:27 AM

Nice rack but where is the story?
I'm guessing a tower stand on private land with a hubby speaking in the background " shoot now" will surface?
She does not look like a "hunter too me"
Hope I'm wrong?
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 02:29 AM

Excellent
Posted By: kansaskoons

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 02:34 AM

Bucksandbeards...not really a trapping or trappers type name...you a troll? What’s your story.... No, but really. Why be so critical? Why not give congratulations?
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 02:37 AM

Nice,,Im trying to figure out what kind of scope set up is on that rifle.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 02:47 AM

He’d a been a goodun next year
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 03:03 AM

It seems she is about 12 she got her first deer 2018 an [Linked Image]
d was 10. Good job for getting a nice buck.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears
I'm guessing a tower stand on private land with a hubby speaking in the background " shoot now" will surface?
Hope I'm wrong?

So basically who let her out of the kitchen?
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 03:12 AM

Great buck.
I spent more time staring at that gun as well upstateny.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Nice,,Im trying to figure out what kind of scope set up is on that rifle.

Looks like the side shot scope camera and a tac shot camera as well
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 09:35 AM

Hope I'm wrong?

I just dont get it. I hunt on private land. I hunt from a tower stand I'm even taking my 9 year old this year. Guess he isn't a real hunter. We should go stalk a deer on public land and chase it down like wolves. What's the difference if I tell him when to shoot?
He helps trim lanes, plant food plots, fix stands, hang cameras, and everything else it takes to run a deer camp. But if I help keep him calm and decide when the deer is in a position that he can hit the vitals without ruining the meat. He ain't a real hunter. I just dont get it.

Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 09:37 AM

Thought it was shotgun only in Iowa. That is a dandy.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 09:45 AM

I might be wrong (and it's NOT jealousy!); but something just seems "off" with that pic...maybe the way the buck's head is being lifted by her grip. something...

if it's legit, I'm impressed!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 09:46 AM

nice buck for sure ,good to see the young people out there , smile thanks for sharing
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 10:44 AM

as sure as the maple's will start to turn red and fall this time of year,so will the great hunters come out of the woodwork to tell us how much better their ways and themselves are than us.

like sand through an hourglass,so is the days of our lives.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 12:26 PM

Heck of a buck. I thought she looked a bit young to have a husband to tell her when to shoot. I heard it's different in some areas though but I thought it was other countries.

I'll be honest, I'm still a bit torn on youth hunts. I want young people to hunt but I also look at it as making hunting much easier, sometimes too easy and then when it gets tougher and they have to go when the rest go are they going to stick with it? It's easy to go out hunting right now than it is when it colder than crap in 2 to 3 months and the deer have been pushed. I didn't know Iowa was doing youth hunts before bow season even opened.

Great buck though.
Posted By: merganser

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 01:13 PM

Nice buck. As a Hunter Ed instructor, not too keen on direction of the muzzle of firearm.
Posted By: MrsFord

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 01:24 PM

That is awesome. Our kids are trying for their first deer this year! Love seeing kids having a successful hunt! smile
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
as sure as the maple's will start to turn red and fall this time of year,so will the great hunters come out of the woodwork to tell us how much better their ways and themselves are than us.

Are

So Are.... I watched that show with Grandma ....

Funny stuff though !

Good Job little lady....good job parents
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 01:33 PM

What a buck! shocked
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by white marlin
I might be wrong (and it's NOT jealousy!); but something just seems "off" with that pic...maybe the way the buck's head is being lifted by her grip. something...

if it's legit, I'm impressed!

LOL That's ole B&B camera angle trick. IT IS A DANDY for sure but you can tell they have ground level angle pic . I'm sure the hunt will be on a tv show soon because of all the camera gear .
But all in all great deer and congrats....
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by kansaskoons
Bucksandbeards...not really a trapping or trappers type name...you a troll? What’s your story.... No, but really. Why be so critical? Why not give congratulations?

she was supposed to sneak up behind it and jub it with a sharp stick for it to count ? !!! LOL
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 05:27 PM

Hope I'm wrong?

Any time a nice buck is shot, it's always negativity that comes out first. What a shame........Congrats to the hunter from me! What a great deer.

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 08:26 PM

Hope I'm wrong?

Just one question ,what does a hunter look like to you ?
Im sure she was in a stand
Im sure it was private land very little public land here
Bagging a big buck is a lot of luck for anyone ,having a private place to tag one is even more rare .
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 08:45 PM

Big congrats to her !!!

Donnie
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTrash 88
Thought it was shotgun only in Iowa. That is a dandy.

Iowa made it legal to use straight walled rifle calibers a couple of years ago, there are a lot of calibers legal now, I shoot a 45/70. They also have a early youth season now. This isn't the first big buck killed by a young hunter.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by merganser
Nice buck. As a Hunter Ed instructor, not too keen on direction of the muzzle of firearm.

Same here!

Especially with the action closed.

But anyway, nice deer, congratulations to that young lady on a nice deer.
Posted By: taser

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 10:43 PM

Hope I'm wrong?

Wow what arrogance.... I suppose the clients you have in your future are not “real” hunters either??

Congratulations to the young hunter awesome deer!!!
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 10:47 PM

The youth hunt here is at the peak of the rut and in the middle of bow season. My neighbor rattled in a nice ten point last year his 10 year old nephew killed. He never saw a buck during rifle season a month later. lol
Posted By: taser

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Originally Posted by merganser

Same here!

Seriously??? The rifle is pointed above her shoulder and what heck it likely an hour or more after the deer was shot. The rifle has likely been checked lots and lots..... lighten up people... again congrats to the hunter!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/21/20 11:47 PM

We had to wait until we were 12 back when.....
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/22/20 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by taser
Originally Posted by DelawareRob

Same here!

Seriously??? The rifle is pointed above her shoulder and what heck it likely an hour or more after the deer was shot. The rifle has likely been checked lots and lots..... lighten up people... again congrats to the hunter!

Yes seriously, it is pointed toward her shoulder more than I am comfortable with, i don’t care how long it’s been and how many times it has been checked. Lots of people have been shot with guns they were sure were likely unloaded and checked lots and lots.

It is my job to not lighten up about the safe handling of a firearm. I wouldn’t be comfortable with the firearm being even close to her shoulder.

#1 Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.

#2 always treat every firearm as if it were loaded, even if you are sure it is not.

But, absolutely a huge congratulations to her. Even if that one guy doesn’t think she is a real hunter.

That is an awesome deer, I’m happy for her.
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/22/20 12:24 AM

I'm naturally skeptical on most things. To me she doesn't seem to look abnormally strong and she seems to have a delicate grip on the deers antler. It just looks to me if the deer was that big she would have to a better grip to hold it's head up. She doesn't even have a closed grip on it. Just my thought, hope I'm wrong.

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/22/20 12:26 AM

look how she's holding the little buck compared to the gigantic buck, just odd.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/22/20 12:30 AM

Wow nice job. It is amazing what corn, beans, genes and time can do!

Bryce
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/22/20 12:31 AM

Hope I'm wrong?

Somebody sounds a wee bit jealous here.

w
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/22/20 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Huntall76
I'm naturally skeptical on most things. To me she doesn't seem to look abnormally strong and she seems to have a delicate grip on the deers antler. It just looks to me if the deer was that big she would have to a better grip to hold it's head up. She doesn't even have a closed grip on it. Just my thought, hope I'm wrong.

you said it better than I did.

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/22/20 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by walleyed
Hope I'm wrong?

w

Never would be jealous of a kid succeeding , I just know that anything can be photo shopped. Like said, I hope it's true.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/22/20 02:10 AM

Hope I'm wrong?

I'm inclined to agree. That is her pet farm raised deer. He is just pretending to be dead or a sleep and is actually hold his own head up. Actually I see him barely peeking thru his right eye. As far as her being married just look at that big diamond on her left hand. Now wait a minute I think it is dead, see that salt shaker there is the grass in front of them, bet she put salt on his tail just before lights out. If you look upon that grassy knoll, I bet her hubby shot it from there and she is just posing for the picture.

Really, she looks like a hunter to me and my congratulations go out to her!
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/23/20 03:38 AM

Congrats
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/23/20 04:08 AM

Well if she's hunting with someone in her stand thats telling her when to shoot he is a better person then me. That thing walks in and I'm telling her she can shoot the next one, I got this! Good for her! Going to be kinda hard to beat that going forward though lol
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/23/20 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by pcr2

I completely agree I always feel that if the person claiming to have killed sosomething did so illegally it will eventually come back to haunt them . In the mean time I try to say congrats on a great animal or just have nothingI say.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/23/20 11:41 AM

Congrats to the young hunter. Great deer.

I used to have some of the jealousy shown by a few here. Then I had kids, bought a farm and we work our tails off to improve already good habitat. They know it will be their farm someday.

I love it when my kids succeed in the outdoors. Heck, I didn't even kill a deer last year. I was too busy helping them because it's really important to me that we pass on this heritage--even if it looks different than it did when I was young.

And it does us zero good as a group to tear down other hunters.

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/23/20 02:43 PM

Good Lord ,For those of you congratulating her Thank You The rest of you whiners and losers ,why do you bother to look ,No one cares about your failures and half a zzed hunting camps , If its so fake to you you can drive down and see it ,well worth your time .You may see what constitutes a Big Buck

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/23/20 08:04 PM

Nothing to say ? LOL
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/23/20 08:06 PM

I got something to say...what’s the inside spread on that beast?
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/23/20 08:32 PM

Hope I'm wrong?

Just wow!

How broken do you have to be to get all that out of a picture.

To, not too, too.

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/24/20 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
I got something to say...what’s the inside spread on that beast?

gd forgive me I didnt ask
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Young Lady bags big buck - 09/24/20 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by walleyed
Hope I'm wrong?

w

No, not at all.
I'd like to here the story of how it went down.
Did she help put up a stand, did she help blood trail_ drag it out?

I just get kinda annoyed seeing young " hunters" with big deer if it's just a pic without the " story". wink
© 2024 Trapperman Forums