Home

Midway hunting clothing

Posted By: midlander

Midway hunting clothing - 09/21/20 02:32 AM

Anyone have experience with Midway brand gear..? I am looking for a quality parka. BPS pulled any quality clothing that Cabelas use to have. Good stuff now seems limited. Im not a Sitka fanboy. First Lite and Kuiu gear has good reviews but im just not liking the camo patterns or what seems to be a move towards 'puffy' down insulated gear. I happened across the Midway Mackenzie Mountain Extreme Parka and see it has some decent reviews. Wondered if anyone has some real world experience with it..please share.
Posted By: midlander

Re: Midway hunting clothing - 09/21/20 12:58 PM

Ttt just once....
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Midway hunting clothing - 09/21/20 01:59 PM

Ive been looking at getting a thin waterproof jacket i could stuff under the seat of the truck for when a rainstorm catches me checking traps. Midway has a couple i have in my wish list but just been hesitant to buy, so i am curious about midway brand clothing myself. They have a good review system on there that i have found to be fairly good judge of the item on midway.

Sorry i didnt help.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Midway hunting clothing - 09/21/20 04:19 PM

Check out Day One Camo, https://dayonecamouflage.com/
The Cowboy Suede is great.
Not cheap, custom inseam.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Midway hunting clothing - 09/21/20 04:22 PM

I have had quite a few pieces of Midway camo and it's pretty decent quality. I am using Huntworth now and I love it. Amazing quality at a mid-range price point. huntworthgear.com
Posted By: TC1

Re: Midway hunting clothing - 09/21/20 05:09 PM

I have several pairs of midway flannel lined pants that I could not be happier with. Larry and his crew have always done right by me in all of my reloading and other outdoor purchases. Stand up company with an amazing shipping and receiving dept. I wouldn't hesitate to give them a chance. If only my "vintage" 1996 or so Columbia quad parka would give up the ghost I might be looking also.LOL
Posted By: garymc

Re: Midway hunting clothing - 09/21/20 11:19 PM

I bought a pair of the Midway Merino Wool long underwear a few years ago. When it showed up I couldn’t tell the difference between it and the much more expensive First Lite long underwear. I bought two more pair later that year on sale and have been very pleased.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Midway hunting clothing - 09/30/20 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by garymc
I bought a pair of the Midway Merino Wool long underwear a few years ago. When it showed up I couldn’t tell the difference between it and the much more expensive First Lite long underwear. I bought two more pair later that year on sale and have been very pleased.

Good to know, thanks. I hadn't considered Midway. I was at Scheel's and noticed they seem to have quality Merino long underwear (I think in a couple different thicknesses). Like many of you, I'm trying to get around the issue of sweating & freezing.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Midway hunting clothing - 10/01/20 12:03 AM

I ordered the rain jacket i mentioned i was looking at. Its a pretty nice jacket and looks well made. Next order on midway im gonna grab the pants that goes with it.
Posted By: billwhitakermo

Re: Midway hunting clothing - 10/01/20 01:22 AM

I have ordered several pieces of hunting clothing from midway. Am very pleased with all of them. I support midway on a monthly basis. The wife gets tired of finding the boxes on the front porch. I usually wait until stuff is on clearance to order.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Midway hunting clothing - 10/02/20 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by midlander
Anyone have experience with Midway brand gear..? .. Good stuff now seems limited. Im not a Sitka fanboy. First Lite and Kuiu gear has good reviews but im just not liking the camo patterns or what seems to be a move towards 'puffy' down insulated gear.

I've heard good things about Kuiu & First Lite (other than the hi price). I haven't tried it, so I'm curious: I get the impression these companies sell many products that are 'puffy.' Is the concern that it might tear easily, on a branch or something?
Their camo patterns are unique indeed.

You might be on to something good with Midway.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums