Home

TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK

Posted By: walleyed

TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 12:54 PM

Who off President Trump's short list of
potential Supreme Court nominees
is a devout 2nd Amendment jurist ?

Has Trump made his pick yet or is he
still pondering in the decision making process ?

walleyed
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 01:06 PM

https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/09/profile-of-a-potential-nominee-amy-coney-barrett/
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 01:22 PM

Amy Coney Barret or Barbara Lagoa will be the pick is everything I am seeing. Gonna be official Saturday is what Trump said
Posted By: Ouananiche

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 02:32 PM

Lagoa is VERY bright, female and latina. She is what i would call centre-Right, and is not a hardcore constitutionalist.
Barrett is less bright, still a woman, not a latina, but more of a constitutionalist word-for-word than Lagoa.

In my opinion, Lagoa is a better option, but i am fairly centre-right, if you are further right, you should want Barrett, she is as close to a female "i believe in the constitution as written" type that you will find on that list.

This is all from an amalgamation of listening to people speak on them, so take it for what your will....

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 02:47 PM

Barret more likely to overturn Roe vs Wade and outlaw the murder of 2400 unborn babies a day, taking place right now, so she is definitely who I would prefer.
Posted By: hippie

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 02:52 PM

Which one is strongest on the 2nd and doesn't want to write laws from the bench like Roberts does???
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Morris
Barret more likely to overturn Roe vs Wade and outlaw the murder of 2400 unborn babies a day, taking place right now, so she is definitely who I would prefer.

Trump could appoint Moses to the Court and Roe v. Wade will still not be overturned. That ship has sailed.
Posted By: hippie

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 02:56 PM

Yep

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 03:05 PM

Barret and Thomas is still better than just Thomas alone. I have hope that I may yet see it one day in my lifetime. Can't stop fighting.
Posted By: white17

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County

Trump could appoint Moses to the Court and Roe v. Wade will still not be overturned. That ship has sailed.

X2. Never going to overturn Roe and I think we should stop giving that issue to the left. Drop it.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 03:14 PM

I think Lagoa would be an easier confirmation because she is hispanic. But it worries me that her confirmation to the appellate court was supported by so many Rats in the Senate. I don't want another Roberts

The Rats HATE ACB and that alone is reason enough to support her IMO.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 03:22 PM

You can have our opinions, and I can have mine. No reason to drop either laugh

Barret is less likely to be another Roberts, imho
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 03:30 PM

Isn’t it ironic that the dems who claim they are fighting for the Constitution to protect Americans are attacking her being catholic without a word from Pulousi or Shumer, or any other democrat who claims to be catholic.
What happened to freedom of religion in the Constitution. Shows how ruthless the democratic party has become
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 03:32 PM

I'm with you Michael. Why would anyone who believes in unalienable rights drop the fight to end the taking of life.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 03:45 PM

Mike Lee isn't a fan of Lagona.
Posted By: Finster

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 04:00 PM

Amy Coney Barrett is who I would love to see in there. She is the best pick I believe. She is a strict constitutionalist much like Scalia was. Even clerked for him I believe. She is young, has a large family, believes in God and has every reason to want to preserve this country the way the constitution has framed it. She will be an excellent pick and I believe will serve this country well.
Posted By: Posco

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 04:29 PM

I don't know if Roe v. Wade will ever be overturned but getting a case in front of the court to define what personhood means might end the unspeakable and barbaric act of late term abortion. I would not associate myself with someone who would try and defend that practice.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 04:33 PM

More than a few of us in So Texas think Ted Cruz would be the ultimate appointment but maybe the smart play right now would be a woman here and the patriotic, strict constitutionalist, debate champion that is Cruz could be the next one.

Can you only imagine Cruz holding Robert's feet to the fire when he tries to justify a flip flop and go with scams never allowed for in the constitution? It would be better watchin' than most Pay Per View MMA fight.
grin

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 04:41 PM

ACB:

"In January 2013, at a lecture, Barrett also said it's "unlikely" that Roe v. Wade would ever be overturned, due to the 1992 case Planned Parenthood v. Casey. "I think it is very unlikely at this point that the court is going to overturn Roe or Roe as curbed by Casey. The fundamental element, that the woman has a right to choose abortion, will probably stand," said Barrett. "The controversy right now is about funding. It's a question of whether abortions will be publicly or privately funded."

https://www.marieclaire.com/politics/a34111429/who-is-amy-coney-barrett/

Lagoa:

"However, when she was vetted for her federal judgeship, she told the Senate she considered Roe v. Wade the “binding precedent of the Supreme Court“ and “settled law“ — echoing phrases used by Justice Neil Gorsuch and Justice Brett Kavanaugh when their nominations were being vetted."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/20/florida-republicans-lagoa-trump-419109

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 04:44 PM

Stare decisis. Precedent. It's ugly.
Posted By: corky

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
Amy Coney Barrett is who I would love to see in there. She is the best pick I believe. She is a strict constitutionalist much like Scalia was. Even clerked for him I believe. She is young, has a large family, believes in God and has every reason to want to preserve this country the way the constitution has framed it. She will be an excellent pick and I believe will serve this country well.

Agreed

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Posco

On the bright side............justices should have the same attitude towards Heller

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 04:58 PM

Unlikely does not equal impossible wink Anything worth doing is never easy

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
More than a few of us in So Texas think Ted Cruz would be the ultimate appointment but maybe the smart play right now would be a woman here and the patriotic, strict constitutionalist, debate champion that is Cruz could be the next one.

Can you only imagine Cruz holding Robert's feet to the fire when he tries to justify a flip flop and go with scams never allowed for in the constitution? It would be better watchin' than most Pay Per View MMA fight.
grin

Cruz doesn't want it and I wouldn't want a known politician in there anyway. I don't care how "qualified" they are, putting a politician in there is just asking for trouble. Besides, could you imagine that confirmation hearing? Good lord, the dirt that the DemoRats would dig up! They tried to frame a squeaky clean judge, a Cruz confirmation would take years! Anyway, Cruz has sights on 2024 and probably has a good shot at it.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 05:30 PM

I'd rather have Cruz in the senate.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 05:35 PM

Finster, while I do NOT take issue with your reasoning, would you care to go thru the list of black robes who bow to politics instead of a written document they are sworn to uphold? I would wait here but then we would both get old LOL.

White17- while I agree he is a good fit where he is at- I am an jerk I guess. I want to see him and this wishy washy turn coat Roberts deliver opinions on the constitutionality of the crap Washington intends to keeps throwing at us.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Finster, while I do NOT take issue with your reasoning, would you care to go thru the list of black robes who bow to politics instead of a written document they are sworn to uphold? I would wait here but then we would both get old LOL.

White17- while I agree he is a good fit where he is at- I am an jerk I guess. I want to see him and this wishy washy turn coat Roberts deliver opinions on the constitutionality of the crap Washington intends to keeps throwing at us.

Roberts is about to become neutralized for the most part. Whatever dirt the DemoRats have been blackmailing him with will no longer matter.
Posted By: warrior

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 05:45 PM

So was Dredd Scott. There's always hope.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by white17

Cruz said this morning he would rather be in the political fight. Though he had a pretty good record arguing cased at the SCOTUS level.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 05:49 PM

Roberts is about to become neutralized for the most part. Whatever dirt the DemoRats have been blackmailing him with will no longer matter.

Agreed, and it’s a most joyous occasion!!

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 05:49 PM

Well I am fine with that too!

I might need to look into this Amy Barret lady. Are we sure she didn't drink beer and date rape college girls back in the day? (read in sarcasm font)

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝

Cruz said this morning he would rather be in the political fight. Though he had a pretty good record arguing cased at the SCOTUS level.

When it comes to arguing the constitution and referencing other manuscripts to help clarify the framers intention, he is basically a beast and they hate him for it. Before Trump was elected he would occasionally joke about being the least popular man in DC and his constituents (me and my neighbors) loved him for it.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 06:04 PM

One thing for sure if Finster likes one of them, that's the one the democrats will fight tooth and nail against. smile

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by warrior

So was Dredd Scott. There's always hope.

It's ugly if you don't like the result. It's ugliness or beauty depends on the issue and one's perspective.

You don't want the Supreme Court to legislating from the bench or just going with the current crowd.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 06:25 PM

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-..._content=top-stories&utm_term=second

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 06:44 PM

She failed to realize that she was no longer an advocate when she took the bench.

A common failing of judges--on the left and right. In my experience though, it happens more with left leaning judges on civil issues.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 06:48 PM

That is why I am glad Hawley didn't get the nomination either. Would much prefer him be in the senate making laws.
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 07:39 PM

Trump needs to secure Florida and Ohio. Picking Lagoa would help win Florida.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Mongeau
Trump needs to secure Florida and Ohio. Picking Lagoa would help win Florida.

He will take Florida.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 08:06 PM

And Ohio

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 08:47 PM

Handing out indictments for hypocrisy in Washington is like writing up people in New Orleans at Mardi Gras for public intoxication. Nobody doubts that the charge is a valid one, but, please, spare us the shock and sanctimony.
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 09:03 PM

Alan Dershowitz the famous liberal Harvard Professor has always claimed Cruz was his brightest and best student ever. Alan may be a democrat and a liberal but, if the dems do something wrong he will blast them just as hard as he would the republicans for it. He fights for constitutional and civil liberties for everyone.

Trump ought to slip William Barr’s name in on the list and watch all the dems run to the pharmacy to re-up their ulcer and bp meds, LOL!

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 09:04 PM

grin
Posted By: Cletis Richards

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 10:14 PM

Me too Michael
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 10:27 PM

I think Lagoa would be an easier confirmation because she is hispanic. But it worries me that her confirmation to the appellate court was supported by so many Rats in the Senate. I don't want another Roberts

The Rats HATE ACB and that alone is reason enough to support her IMO.

What White said!

Pete

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 11:34 PM

If Amy Barrett does get the nomination, it is going to be interesting to see what smears they can come up with. I'm sure they will come up with plenty but I'm just trying to figure out what. Racist won't work very well, she has two adopted children from Haiti and 5 of her own. They are starting to bash her about being a religious zealot but that's just going to make the average normal person mad. I doubt they will try to frame her for anything sexual. Maybe she kicked a puppy by accident when she was 6?

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/23/20 11:37 PM

So far all they got is she is "too Christian". Good luck with that attack!

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/24/20 01:12 AM

If Amy Barrett does get the nomination, it is going to be interesting to see what smears they can come up with. I'm sure they will come up with plenty but I'm just trying to figure out what. Racist won't work very well, she has two adopted children from Haiti and 5 of her own. They are starting to bash her about being a religious zealot but that's just going to make the average normal person mad. I doubt they will try to frame her for anything sexual. Maybe she kicked a puppy by accident when she was 6?

Opus Dei
Posted By: adam m

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 01:07 AM

Barrett was just named as the pick

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by adam m

By whom? She is the favorite but to my knowledge, Trump will say it tomorrow at 5pm.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 01:15 AM

Opus Dei

Nice one! Sure your not a DemoRat operative? grin To my knowledge she is not a member. However, that doesn't mean they won't paint her as a member.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 01:16 AM

Now I have heard that the DemoRats may boycott the hearing..... LOL.... That would be wonderful and Amy could skate right through without the high school drama. What a bunch of petulant children.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 01:20 AM

Opus Dei

Nice one! Sure your not a DemoRat operative? grin To my knowledge she is not a member. However, that doesn't mean they won't paint her as a member.

I'm not saying. Just pointing out what's already making the rounds right or wrong.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 01:39 AM

By whom? She is the favorite but to my knowledge, Trump will say it tomorrow at 5pm.

According the NY Times. They claim six unamed sources.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/25/us/politics/amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court.html

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 01:50 AM

Well, the scuttlebutt is that she will get it. She is at the top of the list. However, I believe nothing the NY Times says. Especially when the have "Unnamed" sources. They don't know anything more than anyone else, they are just making an edumaked guess.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 01:52 AM

Finster all major news are reporting it. He will officially nominate her tomorrow
Posted By: corky

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 02:19 AM

Now I have heard that the DemoRats may boycott the hearing..... LOL.... That would be wonderful and Amy could skate right through without the high school drama. What a bunch of petulant children.

No way do the Dems pass up camera time. Half of them are setting themselves up to run in 2022/24 and need material for fundraising.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 02:23 AM

Finster all major news are reporting it. He will officially nominate her tomorrow

I do hope it is her. She is going to be a pretty good justice for years to come.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 02:23 AM

Because Trump always does what is expected?

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by corky

No way do the Dems pass up camera time. Half of them are setting themselves up to run in 2022/24 and need material for fundraising.

Yup, I find it far fetched myself. Just something I read. The Dims are going to make complete arses out of themselves going after a squeaky clean mother of 7 with an impeccable record. The only thing they can possibly go after her for that I can see is her religious beliefs. They are really going to PO a lot of people doing that.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 02:30 AM

Finster, the more I read on her the more I like her.

Walleye, yes when it comes to his announcements. As far as I can remember he hasn't delayed an announcement that he said he would make by or on a certain day.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 10:15 AM

Well, it has come to pass. The DemoRats are going after the children. What a bunch of vile subhuman monsters. They are questioning if the adoption of her two children from Haiti was legal. Think this would have come up a couple years ago when she was vetted for the appeals court? Nothing but empty smears and political theater. Good grief, it's a shame that this lady is going to have to deal with these decrepit, evil slugs.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 10:24 AM

Well, it has come to pass. The DemoRats are going after the children. What a bunch of vile subhuman monsters. They are questioning if the adoption of her two children from Haiti was legal. Think this would have come up a couple years ago when she was vetted for the appeals court? Nothing but empty smears and political theater. Good grief, it's a shame that this lady is going to have to deal with these decrepit, evil slugs.

And someone said, “No way will Trump get the Haitian vote in Florida!”

Democrats: “Hold this beer.”
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 11:25 AM

You forgot maggots. They are maggots as well.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

And someone said, “No way will Trump get the Haitian vote in Florida!”

Democrats: “Hold this beer.”

laugh Very good.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 12:54 PM

Bypass the hearings and go straight to a vote. We all know the type of people we're dealing with.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 04:04 PM

I'm not Catholic, but to me that does not matter. I agree 100% with stance against abortion. Most likely the dumbocrats will attack her like they did with Kavanaugh.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 04:30 PM

For some FREE Abortions Matter. For them FAM does not stand for family.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 04:34 PM

The attacks have already started in social media. Disgustingly its focused on her children. Apparently she and her husband chose to adopt children from Haiti. There's slurs of human trafficking and innuendo pertaining to interracial adoptions. Totally disgusting and I hope she goes full mama bear on the idiots.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 04:49 PM

Let em smear her. All it will do is further bring to light how awful many democrats are at heart and hopefully turn some democrats off of voting for them or voting in general. May also tip some on-the-fence voters to the right. In the end I don't see anything they can say about her that could prevent her eventual appointment. She seems like an intelligent judge and one I'd be happy to see serve 30+ years.

Re: TRUMP'S SCOTUS PICK - 09/26/20 04:57 PM

If they do go after her kids I'm sure it will won't play well with soccer moms.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums