Home

Cordless tool batteries?

Posted By: trapperkeck

Cordless tool batteries? - 09/25/20 12:09 PM

Has anyone tried the knock off batteries for M18 Milwaukee tools? Reviews seem good and at less than half the price of Milwaukee, I'm considering a couple.
Posted By: run

Re: Cordless tool batteries? - 09/25/20 12:21 PM

Use genuine Milwaukee. It's worth it in the long run.
Posted By: cotton

Re: Cordless tool batteries? - 09/25/20 01:23 PM

got some cheapos for my porter cable set and they work great so far
Posted By: charles

Re: Cordless tool batteries? - 09/25/20 03:56 PM

I’m have some generic 18v for DeWalt tool. Get the highest amp rating you can find.
Posted By: LDW

Re: Cordless tool batteries? - 09/25/20 04:08 PM

Save your money. Some won't plug into tool, most will draw down to 3/4 charge then quit. Better off spending more to get the real thing.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Cordless tool batteries? - 09/25/20 04:33 PM

I have knockoffs for an old porter cable and a ryobi one. Both work great, hold a charge as long as id expect them to. Both had great reviews on amazon and were less than half of new ones.
Posted By: Ric

Re: Cordless tool batteries? - 09/25/20 07:02 PM

I rebuild my battery packs.
Recently did 2 18v Milwaukee's for $27 each + about 20 min. of time
This was using high quality Samsung batteries
Posted By: Finster

Re: Cordless tool batteries? - 09/25/20 07:30 PM

This guy has pretty good videos.
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: Cordless tool batteries? - 09/25/20 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
Has anyone tried the knock off batteries for M18 Milwaukee tools? Reviews seem good and at less than half the price of Milwaukee, I'm considering a couple.

I have three Malwaukee batteries that are four years old and they work fine. Just bought some tools and got two "free" batteries with the tools. I will only use the real batteries, but i have never tried the knock offs.
Posted By: Starbits

Re: Cordless tool batteries? - 09/26/20 12:10 AM

I bought two 4 amp hour batteries. They worked great for the first 3-4 charges, by charge 7 they worked less than the 2 ah batteries the I replaced. Buy OEM or rebuild your own batteries.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums