Home

Nice Iowa youth buck hunt

Posted By: dkrug

Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 05:10 AM

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=951056&mid=8506606#M8506606

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=951056&mid=8507104#M8507104
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 05:19 AM

Don't show bucksnbears, he hates youth hunting. Something about them not working hard enough to earn a shot at big buck like that.

That's one of my favorite kind of deer, dead.

Nice trophy for the kid, and big taxi bill for the dad. lol

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 05:21 AM

added year before at 7

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Don't show bucksnbears, he hates youth hunting. Something about them not working hard enough to earn a shot at big buck like that.

He probably wouldn't care for this harvested bear either?
https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=951983&mid=8514845#M8514845

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 05:44 AM

laugh Probably depends on how old the person that did the harvesting was, and if they had worked hard enough prior to the harvest.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 06:35 AM

What is wrong with people? How can you not be happy when a kid snags a big fish or bags a big buck?

The older I get the more I know I will never understand.

Jayme. Everyone thinks I like to stir the pot but look at you taking the lead while I had to knock out some miles!

Thanks for showing me your line. I'd sure show you mine but you'd owe me lunch LOL
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 11:27 AM

ADC, I have mentored kids for quite a few years on " youth hunts" wink

Before I take them, I make it clear that its " their hunt" and the can shoot whatever THEY want..
I'm AGAINST mentors telling kids to hold out for a trophy buck.
Clear enuff?
Posted By: Osky

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

No ADC your wrong. Bucks takes kids kids hunting every year and goes above and beyond for them. He also takes handicapped folks and women as well pro bono. I know this to be trues as I have met many of the recipients of his generosity.

Osky
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears

Before I take them, I make it clear that its " their hunt" and the can shoot whatever THEY want..
Clear enuff?

I have read alot of your post and thought that all the crap snowy gave you the last few year was uncalled for. But what you said about the young girl awhile back has pretty much did it for most on here i would say. You where wrong for that and should find a different attitude about people killing big deer.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28

Clear enuff?

I have read alot of your post and thought that all the crap snowy gave you the last few year was uncalled for. But what you said about the young girl awhile back has pretty much did it for most on here i would say. You where wrong for that and should find a different attitude about people killing big deer.

Amen there are a couple back paddling right now When you get a chance at a once in a life time buck take it ~
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 01:13 PM

Clear enuff?

Your way off topic here No one said to hold out for a bigger buck .
Posted By: HILLTOP TRAPPER

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 03:29 PM

i know them kids are small but those bucks look huge

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Snowpa

Clear enuff?

Your way off topic here No one said to hold out for a bigger buck .

But sadly that what of youth hunting has become
wink.

If you can't see that well crazy
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 04:08 PM

Awesome Buck!!!
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 04:11 PM

Great for them, good looking g deer.

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 10:41 PM

Clear enuff?

No sir. I don't see why you'd not want the kid to kill the bigger buck. And you were clearly worried about how easy the youth's mentors made it on them, probably setting them in comfy blind over a food plot the kid never helped with. I say BFD you want a kid to get hooked on hunting you won't find a much better way than to help them kill a monster.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 10:44 PM

I have 3 boys all young. I will love it when they get to shoot there first deer
But it won’t be on a padded youth hunt or with a cross gun. When there old enough to hunt
They will go and have good and bad days just like the rest of us.

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

Jayme. Everyone thinks I like to stir the pot but look at you taking the lead while I had to knock out some miles!

I've had/used this spoon quite awhile, but you are an inspiration to break it out. smile

[Linked Image]

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by NE Wildlife
I have 3 boys all young. I will love it when they get to shoot there first deer
But it won’t be on a padded youth hunt or with a cross gun. When there old enough to hunt
They will go and have good and bad days just like the rest of us.

And if they have just enough bad days, maybe they can take up golf. smile
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 10:48 PM

Someone help me get hooked on deer hunting...a 170” or better would do it!!! Heated blind optional.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 11:04 PM

Lol they love golf too, and trapping! Every day doesn’t have
To be good. I have lots of days in the tree I enjoy that I don’t see deer.
Having one right now lol haven’t seen a thing yet
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 11:24 PM

I try to make it as easy as possible for my young boys. Some hunts include heater in a ground blind Caldwell field pod food and snacks. Other hunts may be a 2 mile walk and they are brushing 2"of snow off them when we get up to leave. It all depends on where we are hunting.

On my farm out my back door it tends to be easy and comfortable. On public ground hunts it's more challenging getting where others won't , well sometimes. Last year in KY while public ground hunting instead of going deep we were close to the parking lot. Paid off as well.

The main thing is take kids hunting and make it educational and fun. Successful if you can. Hunters and trappers are getting less and less in numbers every year. Without hooking the youth on the outdoors when they are young it will be a thing of the past.

My kids like antlers would like to shoot large bucks its what's on tv but they don't obsess over them. They know dad has only shot 5 deer out of probably around or over 100 that had any antlers. Yea I let small ones walk I would rather let them grow and eat does. It 100% up to my boys what they shoot unless it's a time and temperature issue with getting them on ice.
I will never understand grown men getting jealous of a kids sucess.

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 11:32 PM

Well Big Man, ;), I can see why YOU would wanna make it an easy,comfy hunt whistle
You don't get it and I ain't gonna waste anymore time with your nonsense.

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/26/20 11:37 PM

Well Big Man, ;), I can see why YOU would wanna make it an easy,comfy hunt whistle
You don't get it and I ain't gonna waste anymore time with your nonsense.

Oh look a fat joke. How intelligent.

I guess you really are as you seem.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt - 09/27/20 01:48 AM

I made it easy and comfortable for my older boys and will do the same for CJ. I let them shoot whatever they wanted while I waited on what made me happy. My oldest is now 23 and won’t shoot anything under 140”. That’s no influence from Dad other than realizing if you want bigger bucks, they have to live long enough to reach their potential. Now this same oldest once shot a fawn and thought nothing of it, lol. He said it was just the right size to grill whole.
I can promise you this, when CJ is ready, I will have him the biggest buck I can find and pattern waiting for him on opening day. If a spike walks out first and he wants to shoot it, well then I’ll let him shoot that spike and post it for everyone to see and be dang proud of it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums