Home

Tax returns

Posted By: yotetrapper30

Tax returns - 09/27/20 11:35 PM

So apparently the NY Times have gotten ahold of 20 years of Trump's tax returns, just in time for the election. What a coincidence.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Tax returns - 09/27/20 11:39 PM

yeah...really

This outa' be truthful
Posted By: Boco

Re: Tax returns - 09/27/20 11:39 PM

Old Joe has been studying them in his basement getting ready for the debate-likely drop a bomb on Trump.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Tax returns - 09/27/20 11:51 PM

Wish he would just turn over his Tax forms like every other president has or is there something to hide.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Tax returns - 09/27/20 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by danvee
Wish he would just turn over his Tax forms like every other president has or is there something to hide.

Like Obama’s college transcripts, when nobody remembers him going to that school?

I don’t really care about his tax returns, I’ll vote for Trump anyway.

Sure won’t vote for a democrat, well not until after I die probably.

Re: Tax returns - 09/27/20 11:58 PM

I don't think most of Trump's voters give a crap about his tax returns, not at the point this country is in now. It's far too divided for most people to be swayed away from him unless it was something major. But no doubt this will be the ONLY story you will hear about from now until election day.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Tax returns - 09/27/20 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob

Like Obama’s college transcripts, when nobody remembers him going to that school?

I don’t really care about his tax returns, I’ll vote for Trump anyway.

Sure won’t vote for a democrat, well not until after I die probably.

Like Romney said.... It's all about getting that sweet swing voter that only makes up 5%of the voters but decides every election.
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:01 AM

Only tax returns I need to worry about are my own.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:02 AM

True!

If you are still undecided in this election, you aren’t paying attention or haven’t done your research on the candidates.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:03 AM

I'm thinking who ever the Times got those returns from broke the law. Probably should have said laws. Might be a right that the times can publish them but with the small number of people who could have accessed them I look for some body to get some jail time.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by JTfromWV
Only tax returns I need to worry about are my own.

Exactly! Wonder how much I’ll owe this year?

I still don’t understand how people get refunds, I did almost break even a few years ago! Only owed $68 or so dollars.

That was nice
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:04 AM

It’s been a steady drip, drip, drip, of stories and newly released books. About one week. Just keep throwing mud out and see if anything will stick. What a surprise, this NYT story come a day before the debates. Somewhere out there, there’s a schedule of all this stuff.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:04 AM

I apologize for the good people of Wyoming.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:13 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:14 AM

The tax laws are what they are---use them how you can. Not paying taxes however is not a good look for Trump and is presumably why he would not turn them over. Unless of course there is something else in there....that might be why and worse.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:17 AM

Do not care.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
The tax laws are what they are---use them how you can. Not paying taxes however is not a good look for Trump and is presumably why he would not turn them over. Unless of course there is something else in there....that might be why and worse.

Didn't make a difference with Al Knappyhead Sharpton.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:43 AM

I’m pretty sure he is not the first one that didn’t submit his tax returns for the general public to view.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:55 AM

News flash. NY Times got tax returns from an undisclosed source. So what else is new

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Golf ball
I’m pretty sure he is not the first one that didn’t submit his tax returns for the general public to view.

It's a long established tradition for presidential candidates.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:57 AM

Absolutely. Tax avoidance is wise but tax evasion is illegal.

I'm sure few candidates have much for W2 taxes. They make their money in much smarter ways which allows them to have a lower tax obligation.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:57 AM

Trump doesn’t follow tradition. Like making promises and keeping promises was not a presidential tradition either. But Trump delivered
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Old Joe has been studying them in his basement getting ready for the debate-likely drop a bomb on Trump.

HAHAhahaha,,,he might drop a bomb in his pants like Humpty Dumpty Nadler did,,thats about all he could do.
Posted By: James

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by stinkypete
Trump doesn’t follow tradition. Like making promises and keeping promises was not a presidential tradition either. But Trump delivered

What about his promised health care plan, for one?

Jim

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:23 AM

"Donald Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.
He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

As the president wages a reelection campaign that polls say he is in danger of losing, his finances are under stress, beset by losses and hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due that he has personally guaranteed. Also hanging over him is a decadelong audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million.

The tax returns that Trump has long fought to keep private tell a story fundamentally different from the one he has sold to the American public. His reports to the IRS portray a businessman who takes in hundreds of millions of dollars a year yet racks up chronic losses that he aggressively employs to avoid paying taxes. Now, with his financial challenges mounting, the records show that he depends more and more on making money from businesses that put him in potential and often direct conflict of interest with his job as president."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nati...28-ek7k7c6mc5b6pozmbqpbybqway-story.html

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:28 AM

Trump 2020

#Idontcareabouthistaxreturns

#anyrepublicanwithapulse

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by James
"Donald Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.
He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

As the president wages a reelection campaign that polls say he is in danger of losing, his finances are under stress, beset by losses and hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due that he has personally guaranteed. Also hanging over him is a decadelong audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million.

The tax returns that Trump has long fought to keep private tell a story fundamentally different from the one he has sold to the American public. His reports to the IRS portray a businessman who takes in hundreds of millions of dollars a year yet racks up chronic losses that he aggressively employs to avoid paying taxes. Now, with his financial challenges mounting, the records show that he depends more and more on making money from businesses that put him in potential and often direct conflict of interest with his job as president."

Attached picture DF011E1B-C111-4D90-8365-1DE49B1A6551.jpeg

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:31 AM

Sounds like either a lousy buisnessman or a tax cheat.
People who cheat on paying their taxes are no different that the able bodied bloodsuckers on welfare.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:31 AM

I hope they dig up Bidens too.

I could careless about a civilians tax records but I want to see how these politicians tax records and how they got filthy rich
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:33 AM

Exactly. If Biden even mentions Trump's tax return, his retort should be "let's see yours."

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by tlguy
Exactly. If Biden even mentions Trump's tax return, his retort should be "let's see yours."

The media would never ask that of Biden, they will ask him what his favorite color is.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:36 AM

People who cheat on paying their taxes are no different that the able bodied bloodsuckers on welfare.

Most taxes are theft, it is just the government stealing from the tax payer and giving it to the welfare recipients.

If the man is finding a tax loophole and is working it to his advantage, I say bravo!!!!

Pittman-Robertson excise taxes are great by the way and help conservation.

Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:38 AM

Tax deductions can be a great thing certain years.
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:44 AM

Won't matter trump with a landslide win
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:46 AM

There have been high level Federal employees in the FBI and DOJ working to undermine his presidency, using made up documents to investigate Russian collusion or whatever. Don't you think if the IRS had real credible evidence of tax evasion they would have been all over this years ago?

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by walleye101
There have been high level Federal employees in the FBI and DOJ working to undermine his presidency, using made up documents to investigate Russian collusion or whatever. Don't you think if the IRS had real credible evidence of tax evasion they would have been all over this years ago?

Yup, they would’ve “leaked” it long ago...

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:54 AM

Bombshell number 999 will likely fizzle out as quickly as the previous duds.
Posted By: white17

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:58 AM

Considering the army of CPA's and tax attorneys he must have used over the years, are we to believe that they were willing to risk their businesses, livelihoods, and licenses to lie on Trumps tax returns ? Remember the Arthur Anderson scandal ? An entire accounting firm bankrupted on bogus charges. The Supreme Court reversed all the convictions but by then it was too late. Do you think that might have sent a message to would-be crooks ?

But then there is Charlie Rangel. Who "didn't know" he had to pay taxes on income from outside the country.

And let's not forget Warren Buffett still refusing to pay a BILLION dollars that the IRS says is owed by Berkshire Hathaway.

What do those two people have in common ?? whistle
Posted By: corky

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:59 AM

Doesn't matter to us. We already voted for Trump and are glad we did.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 02:10 AM

If the IRS could have hung Trump they would have years ago. I'm sure the media and the left will make something of this as well as some on here. Once again the Dems have demonstrated that the end justifies the means, and are willing to break the law to achieve their goals. Ya that's who I'd vote for.
Posted By: rudydog

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 02:26 AM

Trump is good, it's not often one like him comes along. He can say and do about anything and some will follow him. Some will believe him. Guys like him don't come around often. There was one in the 1930's, that ended badly for most of the world. There was one in the 70's that only really effected the ones who would drink the cool aide. I wish we had the 70's back.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 02:26 AM

The DemonRats remind me of a cat chasing a laser dot. Only most cat catches on after running into the wall a few times.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Drifter
The DemonRats remind me of a cat chasing a laser dot. Only most cat catches on after running into the wall a few times.

LOL
Posted By: wr otis

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 02:48 AM

Two days before the first and most likely last debate.

This election might be close, but the democrats are definitely scared.

I still think the democrat hierarchy "let" Joe be the nominee, because in Jan they felt sure they would lose. Why taint a future candidate with the stink of failure this go around, just let ol Joe take the reins. Ol joe wasn't looking too good up until everybody mysteriously dropped out and gave him the path.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by rudydog
Trump is good, it's not often one like him comes along. He can say and do about anything and some will follow him. Some will believe him. Guys like him don't come around often. There was one in the 1930's, that ended badly for most of the world. There was one in the 70's that only really effected the ones who would drink the cool aide. I wish we had the 70's back.

LOL. Bitter, much?

At this point I wouldn't care WHO the Republican nominee was. I'd vote for Snoop Doggy Dog before I would ever vote for anyone with a D beside their name. Trump's popularity is mostly based on how insanely sick and warped the left has become over the past decade. We're not voting for or against candidates this year, we're voting entirely for the future of our country.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by rudydog

LOL. Bitter, much?

At this point I wouldn't care WHO the Republican nominee was. I'd vote for Snoop Doggy Dog before I would ever vote for anyone with a D beside their name. Trump's popularity is mostly based on how insanely sick and warped the left has become over the past decade. We're not voting for or against candidates this year, we're voting entirely for the future of our country.

Amen^^^^
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 03:53 AM

Biden did release his taxes, can't remember when it was, might have been when he was still VP. All I remember is that he had a solid six figure number and claimed $350 in charitable contributions. What a man...

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 04:08 AM

Biden was a Senator before taxes were required. He's been sucking off the largess of the tax payer for 19% of the country's existence. Talk about a poster boy for term limits, his accomplishments could fit in a thimble. As a footnote I'm not sure he has a pulse.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 04:11 AM

I'm sure the Delaware-based credit card companies think his accomplishments are more than a thimble...

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 04:21 AM

Enriching yourself and family on the backs of taxpayers is not an accomplishment.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 05:02 AM

His reports to the IRS portray a businessman who takes in hundreds of millions of dollars a year yet racks up chronic losses that he aggressively employs to avoid paying taxes.

News flash, the amount of taxes a business pays has nothing to do with how much money a business takes in (sales). Let that sink in. Business can take in $100,000,000,000 (sales) and still not have to pay any taxes.

Businesses have to make a profit to pay taxes. They pay taxes on profit not amount they take in (sales). Sell 1 billion dollars worth of items, make $1 profit, taxes due on $1 of income.

To keep from paying taxes on profits losses, deductions, costs of doing business are used.

All these aggressively used losses that Trump supposedly uses are most likely legal. It is humorous to see Government officials complain about this sort of behavior when they are the ones who made it possible by writing the hundred of thousands of pages of tax law.

Hopefully Joe Hiden mentions and goes after Trump about this his taxes at the debate. To which Trump should reply "Joe, your the one responsible for writing all these loopholes over the 50 years you've been in office that made it possible for me and millions of other businessmen to use. And we thanked you with generous donations, like the donations you got from the credit card companies for decades."

Truth is the tax law has lots of perks in it that benefit the wealthy, guess why politicians put loopholes in the law to benefit the wealthy.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 05:11 AM

These companies paid no taxes in 2018

Phillips-Van Heusen
GannettINTL
FCStone
Murphy Oil
AECOM Technology
International Business Machines
CenturyLink
DowDuPont
Activision
Blizzard
Avis Budget Group
CelaneseJet
Blue Airways
Deere
First Data
Duke Energy
Pitney Bowes
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
WEC Energy Group
Levi Strauss
Brighthouse Financial
Aramark
Whirlpool
Prudential Financial
Trinity Industries
Ryder System
United States Steel
Eli Lilly
CMS EnergyTapestry
EOG Resources
Beacon Roofing Supply
SPX
Realogy
Public Service Enterprise Group
Rockwell
Collins
Goodyear Tire & Rubber
MDU Resources
FedEx
Williams
Spartan
Nash
Chevron
Delta Air Lines
Edison International
Penske Automotive Group
Principal Financial
PulteGroupAir Products & Chemicals
Honeywell International
Netflix
General Motors
Tenet Healthcare
Xcel Energy
Halliburton
MGM Resorts International
Atmos Energy
Molson Coors
Nvidia
PPL
American Electric Power
Starbucks
Dominion Resources
Mohawk Industries
DTE Energy
Amazon
Andersons
Kinder Morgan
Owens Corning
Devon Energy
DXC Technology
FirstEnergy
Ameren
Hartford Financial Services
Alaska Air Group
Darden Restaurants
Ally Financial
Sanmina-SCI
Builders FirstSource
McKesson
Occidental Petroleum
UGI
Westrock
AK Steel Holding
ABM Industries
Cliffs Natural Resources
AMRChesapeake Energy
HD Supply
Navistar International
Pioneer Natural Resources
Salesforce.com
Visteon

Source:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/16/these-91-fortune-500-companies-didnt-pay-federal-taxes-in-2018.html

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 05:27 AM

Like Boco points out, the guy is either a tax cheat or a real bad businessman.

You do realize that some of the "expenses" that come out of profits for years prior to 2017 were for whisking around in his limo and private jet? I bet the company paid for his suits too.

Jim

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 05:46 AM

I wonder if he wrote off Stormy as a business expense,lol.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 06:28 AM

You do realize that some of the "expenses" that come out of profits for years prior to 2017 were for whisking around in his limo and private jet? I bet the company paid for his suits too.

Jim

If he's a tax cheat how come the IRS who's been up his A** for years hasn't put him in jail? Think the IRS is soft on the wealthy who dodge paying taxes?

If he's a bad businessman then how come he's still in business?

This whole story is a nothing burger by Progressive hacks who masqueraded as journalists. It will fall by the wayside like Impeachment did, like Russian Collussion did, like Ukraine did and so on.

When are you and Boco going to figure out that the MSM has been lying to you for years.

Of course Trump wrote off suits and whisking around in his limo and private jet. Any and all decently operated business do, its a TAX DEDUCTION!!! Use your car for your trapping business, that's a tax deduction just like a limo and private jet are.
Buy waders for your trapping business, that's a tax deduction too just like a suit is for a real estate businessman.

Boy, some of you guys can't really be this naive can you?
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 07:10 AM

Trump gave a press conference today and said the tax story was fake news. Soooooooo what else is new.

He did go on to point out that he did in fact pay taxes, and he paid substantial state taxes as well.
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 07:11 AM

^^^ X 2 ^^^
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 10:40 AM

The triggered troll getting his arse kicked for the second time in two days, I love it.

Don’t worry James, as far as we know Biden still has a pulse so you can stick to your promise to vote for any Democrat with a pulse.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 10:42 AM

James, in your business as a lawyer if you took on a client and your expenses were say $100,000.

When the case was over and you got your cut of the settlement, and it was $150,000.

Did you pay taxes on the $150,000 or did you figure in the expenses and pay on the $50,000?

I'll bet I know the answer to that. It's how business works.

I own a duplex. My money in in any given year is around $9,000. My expenses on a given year are around $4,000. I don't pay taxes on the full $9,000. I pay on the $5,000 profit.

Generally speaking most businesses operate on a break even, or slight profit margin to lower their tax burden.

The last few years on my duplex I've been operating at a loss because the age of the building is starting to cost me money in repairs.

It pays to have good CPA/tax person too.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 11:03 AM

Every contractor that I have spoken too. Speak very highly of the Trumps when they build for them. People that grew up knowing Donald Trumps father speak very highly of him as well. Look up your history people. Trumps have done more for the people of the USA then our elected officials. I have the pleasure of working with WWII vets. Trumps did an awful lot for them when they came home. Housing, loans etc.... But you won’t hear any of that from the news networks. News networks report for ratings not truth. Trump 2020!!!!!!
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 11:07 AM

James,
I like watching you get people ruffled up. However, your profession has about as low of moral standards as I’ve ever seen. Even beating out methamphetamine fueled roofers. At least they eventually come to their senses when they sober up.

If it’s legal in your world it’s okay. Unless you can show Trump did something illegal I’d think any argument you have is null.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 11:08 AM

The funny thing is that I'm willing to bet James has written off a suit as a tax expense as well at some point during his time as a lawyer.

I think Trump gambled on business ventures other people would have passed up simply because he could afford to take the loss. I think a lot of people would pass on a business venture that stood to be extremely lucrative but only had a 50% chance of being successful. Trump however could take it, knowing that if it failed he could just write it off as a loss to lower his taxes. I wouldn't call that being a tax cheat, I'd call it being a good businessman.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 11:14 AM

I'm sure the Delaware-based credit card companies think his accomplishments are more than a thimble..

Enriching yourself and family on the backs of taxpayers is not an accomplishment.

The top comment was meant as SARCASM...

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 11:27 AM

The funny thing is that I'm willing to bet James has written off a suit as a tax expense as well at some point during his time as a lawyer.

I think Trump gambled on business ventures other people would have passed up simply because he could afford to take the loss. I think a lot of people would pass on a business venture that stood to be extremely lucrative but only had a 50% chance of being successful. Trump however could take it, knowing that if it failed he could just write it off as a loss to lower his taxes. I wouldn't call that being a tax cheat, I'd call it being a good businessman.

Just an FYI, I don't think anyone can legally write of their suits.
Posted By: BandB

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 11:28 AM

Didn't Clinton claim his used underwear?

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 11:30 AM

You would need to know the structure of Trump's businesses, and his personal salaries to make any kind of judgement on his tax returns. Obviously the business would consist of multiple corporations dealing with each core business model.

These Trump hating dudes are a broken record, put them all on ignore and move on. Brainwashed by main stream media, most of them have little to nothing to say about trapping anyway.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 11:32 AM

If you can write off your steel toed work boots you can write off a business suit.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
If you can write off your steel toed work boots you can write off a business suit.

Steel toed boots are safety gear.

I hate taxes. I have to wear suits and hate them too. I'm not a tax lawyer but I've looked into this. I was hoping I could write them off. Alas, you cannot.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 11:45 AM

Just an FYI, I don't think anyone can legally write of their suits.

I stand corrected. I figured business clothing would be deductible but I see you are correct... they're not.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 11:58 AM

Jim

This is why he doesn’t release his taxes. Two smart guys as far as I’m concerned but ignorant on how taxes work at the business level. If you two can’t wrap your head around it there’s no way the average American can.

Politicians or those that want to serve in the political arena structure their taxes to be seen by the public and scrutinized by the press. Business men and women structure them to NOT go broke.

A perfect example is: when we buy a new piece of ground. We grid sample it and get a average per acre of all the nutrients (N,P,K, etc...) they have value and can be deprecated. Big time dollars!! This seems kinda hokey to me but it’s tax law so we take advantage of it. On a half section of ground it could be an employee’s wages for a year or a increase in bonus for everybody across the farm.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:01 PM

I always thought you could also. Guess it is obvious who wears jeans and boots to work lol.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:04 PM

I always thought you could also. Guess it is obvious who wears jeans and boots to work lol.

The rule is you can only deduct if it's considered specialized clothing. Fun fact- I believe it was a lawsuit involving Hooters that clarified that since the bar makes their employees purchase their uniforms but the emolyees couldn't write them off.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:09 PM

Most people support that paying income tax is necessary but everyone agrees it's everyone's right and responsibility to pay the least amount required by law. It's the American way. Like all Canadians I'm no fan of DT but why is it different at his level? With the amount of money flowing in and out of the Trump empire you won't convince me he and the empire haven't been under the microscope by the IRS. And you didn't see him being hustled away in handcuffs for fraud or tax evasion pre potus. .

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:31 PM

Democrats don't mind giving money away. Your money, not theirs.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 12:34 PM

I wonder how much in taxes Trump has really paid. Federal income tax is the least I usually pay. As a business, sales tax, federal excise tax, real-estate tax, payroll tax, state tax. amount to wayyyyyyy more. As a business, you generally pay taxes, whether you make money or not.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty D

His reports to the IRS portray a businessman who takes in hundreds of millions of dollars a year yet racks up chronic losses that he aggressively employs to avoid paying taxes.

News flash, the amount of taxes a business pays has nothing to do with how much money a business takes in (sales). Let that sink in. Business can take in $100,000,000,000 (sales) and still not have to pay any taxes.

Businesses have to make a profit to pay taxes. They pay taxes on profit not amount they take in (sales). Sell 1 billion dollars worth of items, make $1 profit, taxes due on $1 of income.

To keep from paying taxes on profits losses, deductions, costs of doing business are used.

All these aggressively used losses that Trump supposedly uses are most likely legal. It is humorous to see Government officials complain about this sort of behavior when they are the ones who made it possible by writing the hundred of thousands of pages of tax law.cP

Hopefully Joe Hiden mentions and goes after Trump about this his taxes at the debate. To which Trump should reply "Joe, your the one responsible for writing all these loopholes over the 50 years you've been in office that made it possible for me and millions of other businessmen to use. And we thanked you with generous donations, like the donations you got from the credit card companies for decades."

Truth is the tax law has lots of perks in it that benefit the wealthy, guess why politicians put loopholes in the law to benefit the wealthy.

Well said.
So I guess now we can do away with the IRS because media and public opinion have it covered? I believe I heard 6000 plus pages of tax law are applicable in this country and thank heaven we have so many amateur experts.
When you have a business and your hiring a manager, leader, VP, President etc are you going to look at educational background and accomplishment or are you more concerned about seeing that persons tax return? A return very few would actually understand or know the validity of, barring a very few accomplished CPA’s?
I for one have been involved in a number of business entities and still am. Taxes are done by a large firm in Minneapolis. Could I explain even my own or do them? No. Who am I to judge Trumps, Clinton’s, Biden’s or anyone else’s? I thought that’s the IRS’s job? They sure seem to watch over me.
If I could deduct suits or any other particular clothing, I will. If I could deduct certain vehicles or modes of transportation I will, so what?
If anyone thinks Trump ( or any other leader of an entity that size) is seeing any more of their tax return than the page they sign your mistaken. Could any of them be brought to testify on the minutiae of what’s in them? Be serious.
Maybe proven citizenship, proven school graduations, proven work experience, and verified drug testing should be the focus, just like it is for any one of us “ common people” applying for a job.

Carry on
Osky
Posted By: hippie

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 02:01 PM

If I was a betting man, I'd bet its just more fake news. Especially now that his financial lawyer says he paid millions in taxes.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 02:02 PM

I see the argument that Joe Hiden paid 4 million in taxes for I believe it was 2019.

I think the real crime here is how a Politican made enough money to have to pay 4 million in taxes.

Trump employs how many thousands of people managing multiple Golf courses, Motels etc etc etc and somehow he's either a tax cheat or a bad businessman.

Biden doesn't do a thing that enriches our economy and somehow he makes millions/yr.

I guess insider trading and Political favors pays pretty good.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 02:06 PM

Steel toed boots are safety gear.

I hate taxes. I have to wear suits and hate them too. I'm not a tax lawyer but I've looked into this. I was hoping I could write them off. Alas, you cannot.

How about an unreimbursed business expense if the suit is required by an employer ?

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 02:32 PM

Nope. Because suits can be worn as everyday wear.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 02:48 PM

what about all the businesses, properties, employees etc that are the responsibility of Trump or any of us other folks. Don’t they all provide taxes to the government? Due to being created by someone?

Osky
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 03:22 PM

Every day we lower our standards. crazy

Posted By: rex123

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 03:55 PM

Just read where the super rich like Gates, Blomberg and Zoros start foundation"s to keep from paying taxes. And still get to enjoy the money.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 04:11 PM

They just got the tax returns now? Betcha they have had them for months.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 04:26 PM

Yep, and the headline didn't read.......TRUMP CHEATED ON HIS TAXES!!! Guess they couldn't find any wrongdoing.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 04:40 PM

"Trump said that under his tax plan, "we will eliminate the carried interest deduction and other special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors, and for people like me, but unfair to American workers." "

"Despite repeated pledges to get rid of carried interest tax break, it remains on the books "

You don't have to look hard to find that Trump is following tradition. However, you do have to believe it is true. That might be hard.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt

"Trump said that under his tax plan, "we will eliminate the carried interest deduction and other special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors, and for people like me, but unfair to American workers." "

Musta worked, he obviously isn't making any money or he'd be paying taxes. whistle
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 05:02 PM

The IRS will be relentless as they were with Al Capone and others. As of today there may not be evidence of cheating but if the investigation shows neglect, fraud or illegal passages of funds to create false expenses and deductions there will be consequences to pay. We will see where this goes but why the very wealthy would even consider risking their freedoms to not be true on tax filings is beyond me as the codes and laws are written to favor the wealthy overwhelmingly. The tax issue may well be the smaller of the two if it shows his businesses and business management are poor and in economic dire straights. The real issue here is if the businesses are indeed in deep financial stress who and what banks or organizations are propping them up?

Bryce
Posted By: adam m

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 05:24 PM

I was reading up and both leaks (from the source and the NYT) are felonies. I highly doubt they will see any court processes.

How does the NYT always manage to get leaks? I say follow their black books to figure out who is who paying for the leaks and who the leaks are. My money is the Clintons have a hand involved in these leaks.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 05:39 PM

Julian Assange smile

Trump has a team of accountants and lawyers. This is old bidness to him.

Originally Posted by bblwi
The IRS will be relentless as they were with Al Capone and others. As of today there may not be evidence of cheating but if the investigation shows neglect, fraud or illegal passages of funds to create false expenses and deductions there will be consequences to pay. We will see where this goes but why the very wealthy would even consider risking their freedoms to not be true on tax filings is beyond me as the codes and laws are written to favor the wealthy overwhelmingly. The tax issue may well be the smaller of the two if it shows his businesses and business management are poor and in economic dire straights. The real issue here is if the businesses are indeed in deep financial stress who and what banks or organizations are propping them up?

Bryce

Trump is actually suing to get 73 million back that he paid in from 05-08 which may be why the audit that is taking years??

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 05:50 PM

My only interest in his or anyone else's personal business is in whether or not they broke the law. My own private affairs keep me busy as I want to be.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 05:57 PM

Who's really more similar to the welfare parasite: a businessmen who generates income and pays or doesn't pay a portion of it in taxes, or a politician whose income comes from taxes, and pays a small portion of it back?

It's lunacy to equate politicians to businessmen (or employees) when it comes to taxes, because politicians' income comes from taxes to begin with.

Let's call it "net contribution."
If a businessmen earns $100k profit in a year and pays 20% tax, he contributes $20k to the federal coffers that wouldn't otherwise be there.
If a politican is paid $100k by the taxpayers and pays 20% tax, he still cost the taxpayers $80k.

That's a simplistic illustration, but the point is that even a businessman who operates at a loss contributes far more to the economy and the IRS than any politician. Even if Trump pays no taxes, how much tax is paid by his employees and contractors that otherwise wouldn't be? Hoe many people are employed by Trump's businesses who otherwise wouldn't be? Would Joe Biden hire them? To do what? The value of a business to the economy is far greater than a simple balance sheet, and it's certainly greater than a tax statement.

The mindset expressed by Boco, James and many leftists, that paying taxes is a measure of either moral virtue, business success or economic value, comes down to one word: ENTITLEMENT. The idea that someone is entitled to someone else's money. For any reason, period.

Here's why I don't care if Donald Trump paid any taxes: because I don't believe the US Government is entitled to any of Donald Trump's money to begin with. Or mine, or yours. The reason the Left makes a moral issue out of paying taxes is because the socialist state NEEDS people like Trump to pay taxes so they can keep paying people like Biden and all their welfare constituents.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 07:45 PM

Well said KenaiDude.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 07:55 PM

I still doubt that the NYT has Trump's tax returns. If you read the article they repeatedly use the term "tax return data." This could be a simple spreadsheet or just an IRS summary or narrative of previous returns. They also use various terms such as 'revenue' as a synonym for profit or earnings. They never describe what structure of depreciation the article is referring to nor do they say which depreciation schedule Trump accountants used.

Just another in a long line of hoaxes......IMO
Posted By: Starcraft_Dart

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 08:07 PM

Trump should clear this up and release his tax returns like he promised he would do after he was elected.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 08:33 PM

It's all about the debate. They're worried/scared to death, about the debate.

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by white17
I still doubt that the NYT has Trump's tax returns. If you read the article they repeatedly use the term "tax return data." This could be a simple spreadsheet or just an IRS summary or narrative of previous returns. They also use various terms such as 'revenue' as a synonym for profit or earnings. They never describe what structure of depreciation the article is referring to nor do they say which depreciation schedule Trump accountants used.

Just another in a long line of hoaxes......IMO

I feel they have them too. A month or so ago he lost the court case to the N.Y. AG. Who had been on his tail since he won.
Of course they weren't to be released. crazy

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Starcraft_Dart
Trump should clear this up and release his tax returns like he promised he would do after he was elected.

And that would help you how?
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 08:54 PM

James, take those undisclosed sources to court see how long they last. You'er the lawyer right?

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Originally Posted by tlguy

The media would never ask that of Biden, they will ask him what his favorite color is.

Whats my favorite color?Um,,Um,,,you know,,,the thing.COME ON MAN !!
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 09:06 PM

Just like bummers birth certificate. Oh right....
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 09:24 PM

Amazing he's so broke yet still giving away his 400,000.00 a year salary.

I got a brother in law in the same league as Trump financially, ive never known any of those types to
be making money when it comes tax time, don't like all the loop holes get congress to change them.

All this hoopla just show's me Trump is smarter than id originally thought, make billions and keep your tax liability
to a minimum all at the same time.
Posted By: Flipper

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Amazing he's so broke yet still giving away his 400,000.00 a year salary.

I got a brother in law in the same league as Trump financially, ive never known any of those types to
be making money when it comes tax time, don't like all the loop holes get congress to change them.

All this hoopla just show's me Trump is smarter than id originally thought, make billions and keep your tax liability
to a minimum all at the same time.

Most peope don’t know how to make money or use money to make money. Yo are part of that group

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 09:44 PM

Jtrappers post was sarcasm flipper.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 10:09 PM

Bill Clinton deducted his donated used underwear...

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 11:13 PM

That was after the election, so that promise don't count. smile

Re: Tax returns - 09/28/20 11:50 PM

I don't think the Dem's are afraid of this new tax revelation and the debate but I bet the Trump campaign is working hard to get their talking points down for this and not much time to do so and who knows what more may be revealed in the next days or hours. It is not his base or the Dem's that will really be paying attention to this issue it is the 10-15% of independents that will watch, read and listen closely.

Bryce

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi

Bryce

The IRS has been through his returns forward and backward for years. We all know if there was a sniff of anything there they would have been all over it long ago. And if tax law has been written to favor the wealthy thats not Trumps problem. Maybe that should be on someone who has been in politics the last 40+ years.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 01:14 AM

Wait. I don't understand. Four years ago we were told Trump was a fraud. He never made any money. He was broke.

Now.........it looks like Trump indeed claimed large business losses.

Now those same people want Trump to pay taxes on that money he never had and never earned.

Man this tax code is confusing !
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 01:20 AM

If anyone bothered to read the whole artical they debunk their own headline
But that's what they count on

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 02:04 AM

Not a great business man he even says he is the king of debt and has been bankrupt I think 3 times.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 02:06 AM

Not a great business man he even says he is the king of debt and has been bankrupt I think 3 times.

And yet he's still a billionaire.
Posted By: corky

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 02:26 AM

From Wikipedia:
"The Trump Organization is a group of about 500 business entities of which Donald Trump is the sole or principal owner. About 250 of these entities use the Trump name."

So out of 500 companies 3 needed bankruptcy protection and you think that's an issue? Seems like a stellar batting average to me. Trump has never declared personal bankruptcy, only a very few select corporate entities.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 02:37 AM

What I find more interesting is the Obamas and Clinton's who never spent a day in business yet are multimillionaires.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 03:34 AM

Well how is it that he is worth that much but he is claiming nothing but debt on taxes??

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 03:36 AM

The income tax issue is probably the least important aspect of all this, but is the most political. If they can track down and find the statements where inflated values were used to secure credit and then values decreased for RE tax and other assessments that could well be the basis for a strong criminal case. The big issue with the federal and or state income tax is not to me whether he paid squat or not, but did he use fabricated expenses to lower tax liability? If he did and signed the forms that is fraud. He has been convicted of tax fraud twice in the past so precedence has bee established why the investigation should go on further. Most likely there will be no resolution of this prior to the election as delays can be made for months and years. From a government and constitution issue if personal, business and family debt can be linked to foreign investors etc. then national security could move quite quickly on potential treason related charges.
If Trump is indeed worth billions 400 million is not much debt at all. If his businesses are in that much trouble there are two main reasons for that, 1. he does not have the assets he claims or his liquidity or cash flow is so poor he can't handle 400 million of debt. We will see how this all rolls out. The real loses here could be those GOP senators in tough elections that have held firm with Trump. There could be two outcomes on this. If the situations get messier in October several GOP voters could take the day off, but more importantly the independents could make a big shift.

Bryce

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 03:42 AM

I agree turn over your taxes like he promised prove the democrat's and New your times is washed up who wins him and it would destroy them. No he is hiding is ultimate undoing and a lot of folks are gulping the Koolaid. Why would anyone put up with getting hammered with this if they could prove they did right by the law. It is a insult just like what Tricky Dickey tried to pull.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 03:45 AM

I agree turn over your taxes like he promised prove the democrat's and New your times is washed up who wins him and it would destroy them. No he is hiding is ultimate undoing and a lot of folks are gulping the Koolaid. Why would anyone put up with getting hammered with this if they could prove they did right by the law. It is a insult just like what Tricky Dickey tried to pull.

Read the dam article, it states he is under audit
READ THE DAM ARTICLE

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 04:06 AM

Taxes can be released while under an audit, but in this case that will be a lengthy legal battle. Maybe the IRS is holding the audit release to see if Trump wins the election. Barr and others say you can't indict a president. If he loses he won't be president.

Bryce

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 04:07 AM

Which (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman), article?? lots of articles, all that I have read state the New York times got ahold of tax data of Trumps returns but no audit was mentioned.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 04:15 AM

Which (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman), article?? lots of articles, all that I have read state the New York times got ahold of tax data of Trumps returns but no audit was mentioned.

Every single article I have read has mentioned the audit.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-tax-returns-new-york-times-report-takeaways/

https://slate.com/business/2020/09/trumps-taxes-audit-loss-irs.html

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/re...s-the-one-who-could-request-the-details/

I mean literally, every article.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 04:22 AM

So let's see if I got this, the NY Times has info that the IRS has never seen and now they can find the illegal dealings that Trump has been doing. That makes sense.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 05:07 AM

I can't respond to all the posts here, so I'll reply to some of the arguments.

1. I hate the Democrats too much to care what Trump does. The libs hate him, so that's enough for me.

I can't help you, man. You hate too much. It must really eat up your soul, to hate that much, that you'd toss all logic, impartial judgment, and morality out the window in favor of your single emotion.

2. If he's a tax cheat how come the IRS hasn't put him in jail?

So who called him a tax cheat? That article doesn't accuse him of being a tax cheat. It's news that the president has only paid $750 in taxes! In what deluded Trumpian universe does that look good for him? Boy, look how smart he is, to play the system that well, you say. Good luck with that argument among undecideds.

3. It's not a moral issue because the money all belonged to him anyway. Taxes are immoral!

Wrong. Unless you renounce all rights to use our public transportation system, our retirement system, our national defense, and numerous other things paid for by our taxes. Or is it that we should only spend money on the stuff you like?

4. If Trump was legal, that's good enough for me.

So what about morality and civic responsibility? The way I was raised, those things count too. And here my biggest issue is, why has he refused to release his returns? And second, which is only partly Trump's fault, why hasn't our tax system been fixed so that a guy who can afford a limo and private jet pays more than $750 in taxes?

Why did Trump fight so ferociously to keep his tax returns secret--despite promises to the contrary--if he isn't ashamed or embarrassed about what's in them?

Trump can clear up this controversy any time he wants to, just by releasing his returns--like every other presidential candidate in modern history. Why won't he?

Even blind worshippers should ask themselves why, now and then.

Jim

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 05:57 AM

It is a tell how people act when they have something to hide.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 07:37 AM

So what about morality and civic responsibility? The way I was raised, those things count too

What is immoral about not paying tax you are not legally obligated to pay? I dont send in extra and dont know anybody that does.

why hasn't our tax system been fixed so that a guy who can afford a limo and private jet pays more than $750 in taxes?

Because they pay for campaigns and politicians want to keep getting their money.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 08:38 AM

Point conceded, Danny. I agree that no one is obligated to pay extra. As I said, it's the failure to release the returns that bothers me the most.

Jim

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 09:43 AM

So what about morality and civic responsibility? The way I was raised, those things count too. Jim

as a lawyer, you're going to have a difficult time claiming the moral high ground.

you can't tell me that you didn't fight tooth and nail for your client's LEGAL RIGHTS, versus what was morally right.

did you share information with opposing Counsel that would have helped their case, if you weren't legally obligated to do so?

Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 09:55 AM

If you're worried about morality in politics you haven't had anyone to vote for in a long, long time.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 10:41 AM

One of the few requirements James has is that the candidate "has a pulse" and has a D after their name. Morality doesn't figure into it apparently.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 10:59 AM

Joe and the Hoe! Great leadership right there! He has done nothing in 47 years but he can work magic now.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 11:16 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 11:16 AM

Point conceded, Danny. I agree that no one is obligated to pay extra. As I said, it's the failure to release the returns that bothers me the most.

Jim

I guess you'll have to decide if seeing his taxes is more important than the good he has done for the U.S.A. and other countries.

Best president we've had for decades.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 11:27 AM

I bet his tax returns will look a lot like any other business owner’s. A modest salary at best. When you own one business there is often a lot of business expense that is paid by the business. I can only imagine the business expense and travel owning several businesses.

Democrats know the mental capacity of their voters and would only have to say a catch phrase. Trump can see that snare a mile away. lol

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
I bet his tax returns will look a lot like any other business owner’s. A modest salary at best. When you own one business there is often a lot of business expense that is paid by the business. I can only imagine the business expense and travel owning several businesses.

Democrats know the mental capacity of their voters and would only have to say a catch phrase. Trump can see that snare a mile away. lol

"Democrats know the mental capacity of their voters."
Excellent!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Blake44
Biden has already won all three debates. Just ask the news. If we all get out and vote Trump will win the War.

Reading my CNBC news this morning and the many articles all read in the theme of "Trump has to do these things _______ to beat Joe Biden."
Interesting. The challenger to the current POTUS has a first name. The POTUS usually doesn't list one in the articles. Just "Trump."
Interesting. Incumbents hold a tremendous political advantage in American politics, but the articles make it seem like Trump must beat Joe Biden.
Interesting. DJT has numerous scandalous innuendo articles listed. JB none.

Was the race called and I missed it?

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by Blake44
Biden has already won all three debates. Just ask the news. If we all get out and vote Trump will win the War.

Reading my CNBC news this morning and the many articles all read in the theme of "Trump has to do these things _______ to beat Joe Biden."
Interesting. The challenger to the current POTUS has a first name. The POTUS usually doesn't list one in the articles. Just "Trump."
Interesting. Incumbents hold a tremendous political advantage in American politics, but the articles make it seem like Trump must beat Joe Biden.
Interesting. DJT has numerous scandalous innuendo articles listed. JB none.

Was the race called and I missed it?

Blessings,
Mark

It’s not called, just still pretending DJT didn’t win in 2016.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 12:38 PM

1. I hate the Democrats too much to care what Trump does. The libs hate him, so that's enough for me.

I can't help you, man. You hate too much. It must really eat up your soul, to hate that much, that you'd toss all logic, impartial judgment, and morality out the window in favor of your single emotion.

So who called him a tax cheat? That article doesn't accuse him of being a tax cheat. It's news that the president has only paid $750 in taxes! In what deluded Trumpian universe does that look good for him? Boy, look how smart he is, to play the system that well, you say. Good luck with that argument among undecideds.

3. It's not a moral issue because the money all belonged to him anyway. Taxes are immoral!

Wrong. Unless you renounce all rights to use our public transportation system, our retirement system, our national defense, and numerous other things paid for by our taxes. Or is it that we should only spend money on the stuff you like?

So what about morality and civic responsibility? The way I was raised, those things count too. And here my biggest issue is, why has he refused to release his returns? And second, which is only partly Trump's fault, why hasn't our tax system been fixed so that a guy who can afford a limo and private jet pays more than $750 in taxes?

Why did Trump fight so ferociously to keep his tax returns secret--despite promises to the contrary--if he isn't ashamed or embarrassed about what's in them?

Trump can clear up this controversy any time he wants to, just by releasing his returns--like every other presidential candidate in modern history. Why won't he?

Jim

Democrats want to strip us of some of our freedoms. That's all that's needed to not vote for the left. Everything else can be worked out later.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 12:40 PM

No, you don't understand how to use debt. The rich do

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty

No, you don't understand how to use debt. The rich Intelligent do
Posted By: Posco

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 12:58 PM

They could catch Trump in bed with Michelle and Hillary at the same time and I'd still vote for him.
Posted By: proratman

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 01:09 PM

If Trump did wrong, he should face the consequences like all other Americans. Would it be OK if Trump went out and shot a deer at night! How is this any different!

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by proratman
If Trump did wrong, he should face the consequences like all other Americans. Would it be OK if Trump went out and shot a deer at night! How is this any different!

The headlines don't read..." TRUMP cheated on his taxes" do they?

Surely your smart enough to see that the media would be all over it if he did something illegal....maybe not.
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
They could catch Trump in bed with Michelle and Hillary at the same time and I'd still vote for him.

I would pay for President Trump to have his eyes checked if that ever happened.

James,

I am not surprised at your comments. Do you know anything about the tax laws??????? Section 179 Deduction? Depreciation? And I forget what this one is called because I haven't kept up with the tax laws since I retired from preparing tax returns years ago. But, unless the tax law on this has changed, you are allowed to carry your losses forward to offset future income. For example: In 2017 I lose 3 million dollars in my business ventures. Obviously I would pay no taxes. In 2018 I make 2 million dollars. I pay no taxes that year because I carry 2 million of the previous loss forward to offset my tax. In 2019 I make 1 million dollars. I carry the last million forward and still pay no taxes. Now the dumbocrats can scream that I didn't pay any taxes for 3 years. They would be right, but by the laws in effect, I legally don't have to pay any taxes in those 3 years.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 01:17 PM

But.... he didn't. The article doesn't even claim that. All it claims is that he took advantage of perfectly legal tax loopholes to avoid paying any more tax than absolutely necessary.

Another thing people never consider is that income tax is just one form of tax. Trump probably spends more in sales taxes in a year than some of us do on income taxes in our lives.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Computer Hater
Originally Posted by Posco

I would pay for President Trump to have his eyes checked if that ever happened.

James,

I am not surprised at your comments. Do you know anything about the tax laws??????? Section 179 Deduction? Depreciation? And I forget what this one is called because I haven't kept up with the tax laws since I retired from preparing tax returns years ago. But, unless the tax law on this has changed, you are allowed to carry your losses forward to offset future income. For example: In 2017 I lose 3 million dollars in my business ventures. Obviously I would pay no taxes. In 2018 I make 2 million dollars. I pay no taxes that year because I carry 2 million of the previous loss forward to offset my tax. In 2019 I make 1 million dollars. I carry the last million forward and still pay no taxes. Now the dumbocrats can scream that I didn't pay any taxes for 3 years. They would be right, but by the laws in effect, I legally don't have to pay any taxes in those 3 years.

And the politicians screaming about it are the ones who put those laws there to cozy up to the businessmen who take advantage of them.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 01:45 PM

Jim

#1, Jim I seem to remember you stating that you'd vote for any Democrat with a pulse over Trump. Am I wrong? If not seems your hatred is so that your doing what your complaining about.

#2, Jim you did, you called him a Tax Cheat. You previous post

"Like Boco points out, the guy is either a tax cheat or a real bad businessman.

Jim"

#3 Morality, you think taxes are moral?

Taking the fruits of ones labor at the point of a gun and giving it to someone else is moral?
Not all taxes are spent on public infrastructure. How about the morality of only some paying for this infrastructure and others not paying for it at all yet benefiting from it, is that moral?
Morality has gone out of the window when it comes to taxes years ago.

#4 Until proven otherwise Trump has paid what he is legally required to pay. He has done his moral and civic responsibility.
Trump doesn't have to release them, in his position I don't see why anyone would. Under audit with thousands of pages of info why give that ammunition to a media that has outright lied about him none stop for 4 years.
Don't like the tax system JIM, Don't vote for the guys who made it, Like Joe Biden, in the business of making tax law for 50 years.

Your supposedly a Lawyer James. If you had a client in Trumps position would you advise he release his taxes to the press? A press that is undeniably full of the hatred that you talk about in your point #1?
The press will never admit that Trump is not guilty of anything. They ignore the fact and go on to the next lie. Russia Russia, Impeach Impeach, Ukraine Ukraine and on and on. All baked up out of lies.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 01:50 PM

I'm no fan of Trump and I think the last 4 years have set back conservatives. Still better than Killary. That being said..... If he did something illegal he would've been run up a flag pole already. Tax avoidance is smart, tax evasion is illegal. The only thing I think he did wrong was not being transparent about his returns 2 years ago. Enough time for the outrage to die down.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

The headlines don't read..." TRUMP cheated on his taxes" do they?

Surely your smart enough to see that the media would be all over it if he did something illegal....maybe not.

[Linked Image]

LOL!

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 01:55 PM

You guys are trying to reason with a triggered snowflake.

It's sort of like trying to explain trapping to Petr.

Both are a complete waste of your time.

James has stated he will vote for "any Democrat with a pulse" before voting for Trump. In his mind Trump is an immoral dictator who now cheats on his taxes among other things. i won't list the many derogatory names he's called our President and his supporters because it gets my blood pressure too high.

The point is he's a liberal never-Trumper who is blind to everything but his hatred for our President.

Ain't none of you ever gonna change his mind.

Besides, like most educated liberals, he believes he is vastly smarter than you bunch of dumb-arsed rednecks.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
You guys are trying to reason with a triggered snowflake.

It's sort of like trying to explain trapping to Petr.

Both are a complete waste of your time.

James has stated he will vote for "any Democrat with a pulse" before voting for Trump. In his mind Trump is an immoral dictator who now cheats on his taxes among other things. i won't list the many derogatory names he's called our President and his supporters because it' gets my blood pressure to high.

The point is he's a liberal never-Trumper who is blind to everything but his hatred for our President.

Ain't none of you ever gonna change his mind.

Besides, like most educated liberals, he believes he is vastly smarter than you bunch of dumb-arsed rednecks.

And that about sums it up in a nutshell.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 02:06 PM

And for you guys that think Trump not releasing his tax returns was a bad and/or dumb move, you're wrong.

Absolutely no good would or will come from him releasing his tax returns to the public. Some of you folks are getting all worked up over a fake news story with absolutely no basis in fact. Imagine the field day the liberal media would have with his actual tax forms.

Even though I'm sure everything in them is on the up and up he would still be endlessly crucified for this deduction and that. It's clear from reading this thread that most have no clue as to how businesses and deductions work.

The media would have a field day and folks would eat it up.

The decision to not release his taxes was yet another smart move by the President.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 02:09 PM

The decision to not release his taxes was yet another smart move by the President.

Smarter than a lawyer, and they can't have that. lol
Posted By: MadTrapper375

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 02:29 PM

With what is at stake in this election, do Trumps taxes really make a difference? If you do not vote for Trump, you are voting for communism. That includes not voting at all.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
[Linked Image]

Now, that is scary!!!!!! eek
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 03:01 PM

With all the confusion it has caused one might understand why he didn't release his tax filings. Here is an article that will throw light on some of it if one bothers to read it. Trump prepaid taxes
Posted By: Rally

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 03:53 PM

Is he going to use that deer to feed his family, or just cut the antlers off and hang them on the wall?

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 03:58 PM

Jim it is a good tactic to play the "Trump is rich and pays no taxes card. " Have you noticed how many of the so-called conservatives on this site have rich envy? This will play well among the masses.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 03:59 PM

How the Bidens Dodged the Payroll Tax
They used an S-corp to avoid paying more than $500,000 in levies for Medicare and ObamaCare.

By Chris Jacobs
August 10, 2020

Joe Biden responded to President Trump’s partial suspension of payroll-tax collections with a statement calling it the “first shot in a new, reckless war on Social Security.” He continued: “Our seniors and millions of Americans with disabilities are under enough stress without Trump putting their hard-earned Social Security benefits in doubt.”

Mr. Biden’s objections might be more persuasive had he and his wife, Jill, not gone out of their way to avoid funding seniors’ entitlement benefits. According to their tax returns, in 2017 and 2018 the Bidens and his wife Jill avoided payroll taxes on nearly $13.3 million in income from book royalties and speaking fees. They did so by classifying the income as S-corporation profits rather than taxable wages.

The Bidens did pay themselves “salaries” from their corporations—CelticCapri Corp. and Giacoppa Corp.—of nearly $750,000 between them over two years, and they paid full taxes on that income. But they circumvented the payroll tax on the nearly 95% of their income that remained. A tax expert interviewed by the Journal in 2019 called the Bidens’ scheme “pretty aggressive”; another told the paper it served solely to avoid the payroll taxes.

Of the taxes the Bidens avoided, 2.9% of their income, around $385,000, would have funded Medicare. The other 0.9%, nearly $120,000, was part of ObamaCare and fund that law.

According to the Urban Institute, a couple featuring one high earner and one average earner, retiring this year, will have paid a total of $209,000 in Medicare taxes during their working lives. The Bidens avoided paying nearly twice that much in Medicare taxes during two years. The maximum payroll tax affected by Mr. Trump’s suspension is $1,984—less than 1/250th of the amount the Bidens avoided in 2017-18.

The Bidens didn’t avoid any Social Security tax, which applied only to the first $127,200 of income in 2017 and $128,400 in 2018. But they would under Mr. Biden’s tax plan, which would impose the 12.4% Social Security tax on income over $400,000; the same loophole he used in 2017-18 would shield him from his own tax. And how can Mr. Biden claim to protect Medicare and ObamaCare when he avoided more than $500,000 in taxes that fund the two programs?

The media have largely ignored the Bidens’ accounting legerdemain, fixating on Mr. Trump’s tax returns instead. But at least the president isn’t looking to raise taxes on everyone else.

Mr. Jacobs is founder and CEO of Juniper Research Group and author of “The Case Against Single Payer.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-th...l-tax-11597083162?mod=opinion_lead_pos10

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 04:05 PM

Jim it is a good tactic to play the "Trump is rich and pays no taxes card. " Have you noticed how many of the so-called conservatives on this site have rich envy? This will play well among the masses.

“Rich envy”, what exactly is that?

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 04:14 PM

"Do You Secretly Envy The Rich? Here’s Why Most People Do.. And How To Fix That For Yourself"

It is actually worse than the envy. The flat tax concept is popular with many people. The progressive tax concept is popular with many people. The regressive tax concept ( where the wealthy pay a lower percentage than the poor or middle class) not that popular.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 04:27 PM

"Do You Secretly Envy The Rich? Here’s Why Most People Do.. And How To Fix That For Yourself"

So you don’t know. lol

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 04:33 PM

It is actually worse than the envy. The flat tax concept is popular with many people. The progressive tax concept is popular with many people. The regressive tax concept ( where the wealthy pay a lower percentage than the poor or middle class) not that popular.

The wealthy pay a lower percentage? Source?

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 04:40 PM

A quick google search tells me I also shouldn’t ask you for directions to Shinole.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 04:43 PM

Hobbie: he didn't say that. The quotes are referring to the CONCEPT of......not the fact of

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 04:45 PM

You sound worried? Work on reading skills.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 04:52 PM

Hobbie: he didn't say that. The quotes are referring to the CONCEPT of......not the fact of

Oh, okay. I miss understand the whole rich envy thing.

Carry on.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 04:57 PM

Carry on.

You and White usually respond to it on here in a reasoned fashion when it occurs here among the so-call conservatives.

HA HA-this tax thing sure has a lot triggered,lol.
9 pages.

You sound worried? Work on reading skills.

Worried about?

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 05:04 PM

9 pages.

Boco has the the rich envy bad. You should work on him! smile

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 05:06 PM

Carry on.

You and White usually respond to it on here in a reasoned fashion when it occurs here among the so-call conservatives.

I thing everybody pays too much now. Plenty is being paid, the spending needs to be within that.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 05:08 PM

9 pages.

He’s Canadian, I can’t do anymore to him to make it worse. lol

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 05:19 PM

9 pages.

Not possible to envy yourself.
Posted By: Starcraft_Dart

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 06:00 PM

He is under audit for his 2010 $72 million tax return. Hope he doesn't get locked up after he gets voted out this fall.
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 06:09 PM

Am I crazy to think that there are members on here who believe Donald J. Trump prepares his own tax returns? LOL

ol'dad

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by ol' dad
Am I crazy to think that there are members on here who believe Donald J. Trump prepares his own tax returns? LOL

ol'dad

They don't think at all

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 06:21 PM

The craziest thing is that there are people who hunt or trap that would vote for a Democrat. I just can't wrap my mind around that even after decades of trying.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 06:22 PM

ol'dad

He could but he pays a guy to do it because it is tax deductible.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 06:22 PM

He is under audit for his 2010 $72 million tax return. Hope he doesn't get locked up after he gets voted out this fall.

Why are the new liberal trolls always from NY?

I think it's the same one or two guys coming back under new names after getting booted.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 06:28 PM

Yep. Under audit for the last ten years at least. What does that tell you ? It says they can't find anything illegal.

Why would he get locked up ? Even the NYT isn't alleging any illegal behavior.
Posted By: MadTrapper375

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 06:31 PM

The craziest thing is that there are people who hunt or trap that would vote for a Democrat. I just can't wrap my mind around that even after decades of trying.

Copy that.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 07:04 PM

ol'dad

They think he didn’t pay taxes period. lol

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 07:10 PM

I think it's the same one or two guys coming back under new names after getting booted.

That sure explains a lot.

Re: Tax returns - 09/29/20 10:50 PM

Why do they get booted? James doesn't.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty D

Jim

#1, Jim I seem to remember you stating that you'd vote for any Democrat with a pulse over Trump. Am I wrong? If not seems your hatred is so that your doing what your complaining about.

#2, Jim you did, you called him a Tax Cheat. You previous post

"Like Boco points out, the guy is either a tax cheat or a real bad businessman.

Jim"

#3 Morality, you think taxes are moral?

Taking the fruits of ones labor at the point of a gun and giving it to someone else is moral?
Not all taxes are spent on public infrastructure. How about the morality of only some paying for this infrastructure and others not paying for it at all yet benefiting from it, is that moral?
Morality has gone out of the window when it comes to taxes years ago.

#4 Until proven otherwise Trump has paid what he is legally required to pay. He has done his moral and civic responsibility.
Trump doesn't have to release them, in his position I don't see why anyone would. Under audit with thousands of pages of info why give that ammunition to a media that has outright lied about him none stop for 4 years.
Don't like the tax system JIM, Don't vote for the guys who made it, Like Joe Biden, in the business of making tax law for 50 years.

Your supposedly a Lawyer James. If you had a client in Trumps position would you advise he release his taxes to the press? A press that is undeniably full of the hatred that you talk about in your point #1?
The press will never admit that Trump is not guilty of anything. They ignore the fact and go on to the next lie. Russia Russia, Impeach Impeach, Ukraine Ukraine and on and on. All baked up out of lies.

Wow, that's a good response, Dirty D. You score several points there. Let's see if I can do half as well.

1. You got me here, Bud. No point in denying it; I hate Trump. The man gets too much free rent in my head. More than he's worth, for sure. So yeah, I need to follow my own advice here. Still, the advice is good, and I'm not the only one who should pay it heed.

2. Saying either A or B is true is not saying both are true, or that either particular one is true. So I did not call him a tax cheat. I'm more inclined to think he's just a bad businessman. After all, ten years of no taxes, plus five years of $750...let's face it, that's not exactly a business genius at work.

3. Yeah, I think taxes are moral. So did Jesus: 'Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's...."

4. If Trump had released his tax records in 2016, no one would remember them now. the controversy would have long since died. He made a big mistake trying to hide them, and can only blame himself if it all hits the fan right before the election.

To me the most important question remains unanswered. How many of these vast loans he's accumulated were made from Russian banks? What other business dealings does he have going with the Russians? Is there anything in those returns that might explain why Trump is so subservient to Putin?

Jim

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 12:12 PM

And btw, I was never a campaign advisor, and wouldn't work for the likes of Trump if I was. But if you insist on extracting an opinion from me that I'm not qualified to form, I would have advised Trump to release his returns in 2016. Assuming there was no evidence of criminality contained in these records.

Jim
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 12:19 PM

James, I don't consider myself a Christian so take this with a grain of salt. The quote "give unto Caeser" wasn't Jesus moralizing taxes.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 12:23 PM

James don't know the Bible
Or what an audit is
And I don't think he can read past a headline
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 12:23 PM

Actually his tax returns were incorrect. If you were watching last night you'll know it turns out he's paid "millions" in income tax.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 12:48 PM

When they are released and reviewed we will see what "millions of income tax paid" looks like. If he is quoting the millions he has withheld from others wages and the FICA etc. then that is far, far different then what he personally paid. Also he did pay a million in income tax in India and some amounts in other countries. His financials and taxes probably would have been a much bigger issue until last night and his personal behavior and actions now become a burden he may not shake.

Bryce

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 01:33 PM

"personal behavior" I don't think anyone can claim the moral high ground after last night.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 01:39 PM

an opinion from me I'm not qualified to form,

Jim

True dat !!
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 02:14 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 02:40 PM

I have no doubt Trump has paid millions in taxes those years. But maybe not income taxes? He's surely paid millions if you take into account taxes like sales taxes, property taxes, gas taxes, etc. As for the income taxes I think what you'll find out is that the government owed him due to business losses claimed in previous years and rather than taking it as a refund, he applied it to the next years' taxes, something millions of business men do every year.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 02:55 PM

Dont know if its fake news or not but it was circulated in the media that he was issued refunds of approx 75 million each of 2 years.
Thats a "yuge" loss as far as business goes.Must have been a lot of employees lost their jobs.I'm thinking it must have been when the Atlantic City casino fiasco occurred.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 03:06 PM

Would the full disclosure of his taxes at this point, no matter what it showed, make anyone change their mind and vote for Biden? [Linked Image]

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 03:29 PM

I think so if the disclosure showed compromat(if he is in their pocket) by Russia or other foreign countries.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 03:36 PM

I think so if the disclosure showed compromat(if he is in their pocket) by Russia or other foreign countries.

LOL,,you don't think Muellers TWO YEARS of investigation would have found something like that.HAhahaa,,,your worse than the Libs,,,,RUSSIA<<<<<RUSSIA<<<<RUSSIA

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 03:36 PM

Dont know if its fake news or not but it was circulated in the media that he was issued refunds of approx 75 million each of 2 years.
Thats a "yuge" loss as far as business goes.Must have been a lot of employees lost their jobs.I'm thinking it must have been when the Atlantic City casino fiasco occurred.

Not sure where that came from, so many false reports out I believe you read it but to point something out to you...
If he got "refunded" , that meant he paid that much in at least.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 03:37 PM

P:S: Bidens a gun grabber. smile

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 03:39 PM

You dont think if the disclosure showed compromat that some people who care about foreign policy wouldnt pull their support of trump?
You must have your head up your keester if you dont think so.
I think he would be dead in the water if his Tax disclosure showed he was bought and paid for by foreign intrests.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 03:41 PM

You dont think if the disclosure showed compromat that some people who care about foreign policy wouldnt pull their support of trump?

Whats "compromat" ? Is that like a Laundromat up in Pakistanada? Bidens a gun grabber !!!! smile

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 03:41 PM

Not sure where that came from, so many false reports out I believe you read it but to point something out to you...
If he got "refunded" , that meant he paid that much in at least.

He didnt pay it if it was refunded,lol.
It came from a recent investigative report from the media that turned up Some of Trumps past tax returns-soon to be made public no doubt.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 03:42 PM

I think he would be dead in the water if his Tax disclosure showed he was bought and paid for by foreign intrests.

I think the word you're looking for is kompromat. And what upstate said is that if it existed, the collusion probe would have uncovered it.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 03:45 PM

I never said it existed I was responding to a question of what might make Trump voters not vote for him.
Why are so many people not able to grasp or comprehend a simple statement.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 03:47 PM

But was he refunded all he paid??
It proves he paid for sure and your guessing that was all of it.

Guesses are worthless fake news.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 03:47 PM

I think the word you're looking for is kompromat. And what upstate said is that if it existed, the collusion probe would have uncovered it.

I wrote it in english.Whether it exists or not is irrelevant to my statement.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 04:00 PM

I never said it existed I was responding to a question of what might make Trump voters not vote for him.

Because they are worried. After last night, probably more so since Biden found a new drug. One that makes him not so senile.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 04:08 PM

I don't think you Pakistanada boys know how the U.S tax code works.You are only REFUNDED the amount you OVERPAID in taxes.Thats why its called a TAX RETURN.If you overpaid,,you get a refund,,if you underpaid,,you still owe more and are billed for it.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 04:09 PM

I don't think too many are worried.Millionaires complaining about other millionaires taxes doesn't go very far
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Originally Posted by Golf ball

It's a long established tradition for presidential candidates.

Presidential candidates tend to be career politicians,none of them are career businessmen.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 04:16 PM

Boco, have your tax specialist from New York( where Biden will win by a landslide) to explain a refundable tax credit.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 04:25 PM

Trumps talking chess and Boco is playing checkers.

He missed the part last night where Trump thanked Biden/Obama for giving him the one tax break.

New tax breaks= refunds.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 04:37 PM

No need to,I know it well.I did my own taxes for years and as a small business man know all about "tax deductions" related to depreciation, capital cost allowances,buisness expenses,allowable percentages for buisness use of in home expenses,etc,ad nauseum.
Many people get tax refunds who dont pay any tax at all-its called credits.
As far as Tax evasion-if it has been found or if it even exists,-it wont be brought to light until after Trump is out of office.There are people who use off shore bank accounts to hide money from the government-it is like a shell game played by high rollers all over the world-some get away with it and some get caught.
I'm not saying Trump has or has not done any of that.
But the uber rich and the poor generally get a free ride compared to the middle class working man,when it comes to forking over their hard earned money.
It is set up that way.
There is a certain aspect of immorality attached to tax evasion.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 04:41 PM

He missed the part last night where Trump thanked Biden/Obama for giving him the one tax break.

New tax breaks= refunds.

Apparently Biden did accomplish more than "nothing" in 47 years according to Trump. blush

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 04:45 PM

Lol, guess so!

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
P:S: Bidens a gun grabber. smile

"Bingo!"

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 05:20 PM

He's not a lawyer or an accountant. Why don't they ask the people he pays to do that work the questions? I could care less about his taxes as long as he can do the job. He's done better than anyone has since perhaps Ronald Reagan.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 06:11 PM

New tax breaks= refunds.

Boco didn't miss it,,,hes just wicked jealous and full of envy because Trump is a multi millionaire,,and was smart enough to use all the tax credits that the dumbocrats set up for folks like him,,and paid less taxes than Boco. BWahahaaaaaa P:S: Bidens a gun grabber. grin

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 06:49 PM

Yep, Biden has admitted many times on camera that he will take your guns. How any self-respecting American could possibly vote for that career swamp creature is beyond me.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 06:52 PM

Yep, Biden has admitted many times on camera that he will take your guns. How any self-respecting American could possibly vote for that career swamp creature is beyond me.

Yup,,he even said hes gonna get the wannabe Mexican orourke to be in charge of the gun grabbin.

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 06:52 PM

Lol how is this thread still going (as it should) but the gun control threads keep getting deleted?

Asking for educational purposes.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 06:54 PM

James, you haven't answered my question. How does undisclosed sources stand up in court?

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 08:00 PM

Precedent has been set for grand juries to hear secret or non disclosed statements and depositions and also they won't even reveal who they were or the transcript so yes if the grand jury feels there is probable cause it will go to court and then we will all know. If the deposition persons feel threatened or their families then witness protection is likely.

Bryce

Re: Tax returns - 09/30/20 08:25 PM

That seems like a violation of the Sixth Amendment.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Lol how is this thread still going (as it should) but the gun control threads keep getting deleted?

Asking for educational purposes.

Shhhhh
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

New tax breaks= refunds.

Boco didn't miss it,,,hes just wicked jealous and full of envy because Trump is a multi millionaire,,and was smart enough to use all the tax credits that the dumbocrats set up for folks like him,,and paid less taxes than Boco. BWahahaaaaaa P:S: Bidens a gun grabber. grin

He is also a gun runner.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 02:41 AM

[Linked Image]

This ought to close this thread......

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by teepee2
James, you haven't answered my question. How does undisclosed sources stand up in court?

Not well. The same inference against you (that would also apply to a failure to produce evidence, like tax returns) would probably apply to your case.

So if someone sat on the witness stand and refused to reveal a source, the judge or jury would probably make an inference that there is no source.

And if someone refuses to produce tax returns, the inference can be made that there is something in those returns he doesn't want the public to see. His claim that he paid millions in income taxes should be tested. If it's indeed the case he paid millions in income taxes, he could settle the controversy just by releasing the returns.

Why doesn't he?

Jim

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 08:25 AM

First off it's not required of him to release them.

Individual tax returns- including those of public figures — are private information, protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Indeed, the Internal Revenue Service is barred from releasing any taxpayer information whatsoever, except to authorized agencies and individuals.

Like all other citizens, U.S. presidents enjoy this protection of their privacy. Since the early 1970s, however, most presidents and some vice presidents have chosen to release their returns publicly. In the hope of making this information more widely available,

As you can see it only became "fashionable" to release them in the 70's.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 09:45 AM

Nice one Nessie, sometimes we forget the real issues.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by teepee2

Not well. The same inference against you (that would also apply to a failure to produce evidence, like tax returns) would probably apply to your case.

So if someone sat on the witness stand and refused to reveal a source, the judge or jury would probably make an inference that there is no source.

And if someone refuses to produce tax returns, the inference can be made that there is something in those returns he doesn't want the public to see. His claim that he paid millions in income taxes should be tested. If it's indeed the case he paid millions in income taxes, he could settle the controversy just by releasing the returns.

Why doesn't he?

Jim

Why do you or anyone even care?

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 10:28 AM

If they could find where the Rev. Al didn’t pay, how come they can’t find Trump not paying?

Between those two, who do you think they worked the hardest to find a discrepancy?

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 10:37 AM

I’m betting the debate changed the country’s minds’ about as much as it changed the ones on here. lol

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 10:38 AM

Obama never released his college or medical records....

why didn't he?

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin

why didn't he?

He didn’t have to?

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 11:38 AM

"Why do you or anyone even care?"

Don't you care whether the president has been compromised by foreign interests? Don't you wonder what Eric Trump meant when he said "we have all the money we need from Russia" in relation to the Trump business.

Or what about how the Donald failed to call out Putin for acts of Russian malfeasance, like the Kremlin-approved plan to meddle in our election or the Russian intelligence scheme to pay bounties on US soldiers killed by the Afghans.

Yet Trump still runs around with his nose up Putin's keister. Why is that? It doesn't pass the smell test. I want to see the returns and supporting documentation.

,So we're back to teepee's concern. If we follow the court rules, Donald's refusal to release the evidence that would resolve the controversy results in the issues being resolved against him.

Jim

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 11:44 AM

Fortunately we are innocent until proven guilty.

The burden is on the State.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 11:44 AM

Somebody's been binge-drinking on the Kool-Aid again.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
[Linked Image]

This ought to close this thread......

Nessmuck,

Post of the week brother!
Post of the week.

Thanks!
Blessings,
Mark

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by white marlin

why didn't he?

Of proof that he was born in this country......It’s one of the requirements

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 04:06 PM

Latest polls

It would appear Biden don't need Trumps taxes revealed anyway.

I know, "we don't believe the polls"!

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 04:19 PM

Latest polls

Only 50% of the people of my state want Trump to win but in all the travelling I do I've only seen one single Biden sign. Okay.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 04:22 PM

Maybe they should poll signs? I'm making sure I got .22 ammo. smile

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 04:25 PM

Latest polls

According to these polls, Biden would flip NINE states that voted Trump last go around lmao

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 04:28 PM

I wonder if they polled the same folks that had Clinton way ahead right up until election day?

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 04:31 PM

I wonder if they polled the same folks that had Clinton way ahead right up until election day?

How far ahead did they have her?

here they are
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 04:50 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 04:57 PM

Looks like the election wont be decisive-the country is basically split down the middle.
Very likely a future conflagration of some sort on the horizon.
If I lived down there I would be getting mine prepared.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 05:01 PM

here they are

The polls on that site are basically meaningless. They have zero relevance with the cherry-picked or completely fabricated polls pointed to by the main stream media leading up to the election including the exit polling on election day.

The basic message was, "You Republicans might as well stay home, this is a done deal, our gal won."

With a little manipulation, anybody can make any poll say whatever they want it to.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 05:02 PM

According to these polls, Biden would flip NINE states that voted Trump last go around lmao

I was polled and told them everything they wanted to hear and nothing I wanted them to know. I can’t be the only one that likes to have that much fun.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 05:02 PM

Looks like the election wont be decisive-the country is basically split down the middle.

You don't live here. So I guess you shouldn't be concerned about it.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 05:04 PM

Unless he’s offering to run supplies to us. lol

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 05:07 PM

I was polled and told them everything they wanted to hear and nothing I wanted them to know. I can’t be the only one that likes to have that much fun.

Like it matters in Maryland. smile

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 05:23 PM

here they are

Well lets see. MI had her ahead by 5%. PA by 4%. WI by 7%. MI has Biden ahead by 7%, PA by 6%, Wi by 7%. Doesn't seem like that big of a difference.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 05:34 PM

I'm not concerned about it at all,just contributing a comment,smart arse.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 05:47 PM

Trump won WI by .7%
Trump won MI by .3%
Trump won PA by .7%

Looks like 1% can matter.

Those three States are ones that he can win that are polling similar. Most of the rest are worse.

Just the messenger.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 05:52 PM

"Why do you or anyone even care?"

Don't you care whether the president has been compromised by foreign interests? Don't you wonder what Eric Trump meant when he said "we have all the money we need from Russia" in relation to the Trump business.

Or what about how the Donald failed to call out Putin for acts of Russian malfeasance, like the Kremlin-approved plan to meddle in our election or the Russian intelligence scheme to pay bounties on US soldiers killed by the Afghans.

Yet Trump still runs around with his nose up Putin's keister. Why is that? It doesn't pass the smell test. I want to see the returns and supporting documentation.

,So we're back to teepee's concern. If we follow the court rules, Donald's refusal to release the evidence that would resolve the controversy results in the issues being resolved against him.

Jim

I don't care. I only have two choices. Trump is by far the better choice.
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 06:01 PM

Trump making his tax returns available to the public is like being asked the yes or no question if you have quit beating your wife. It's a lose lose when you have a biased media.

He is smart not to do it. Anyone who is concerned with Trumps relationship with Russia should ask themselves what his administration has done in the past 4 years that benefits Russia...zilch!

ol'dad

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 06:07 PM

Some people are beyond talking sense to. I didn't believe that before but do now.

I use to think they were just trolling. Jokes on me!
Posted By: Posco

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 06:22 PM

Some people are beyond talking sense to. I didn't believe that before but do now.

I use to think they were just trolling. Jokes on me!

You might just as well find something hard to beat your head against as reason with a liberal. Whatever they shield themselves with is impregnable.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 07:29 PM

[quote=Boco]Looks like the election wont be decisive-the country is basically split down the middle.

I'm not concerned about it at all,just contributing a comment,smart arse.

For someone not concerned you seem to contribute an awful lot of comments related to the USA and the our politics.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 07:40 PM

A progressivist typically fumbles around issues that have little or no bearing on life. None.
Like tax returns. Tax returns?
If they show up tomorrow James, who cares? What does it change in any of our lives? Nada.

Meanwhile, down at city hall......

Some useful-dingdongs don't know any better.
Some evil useful- dingdongs know exactly what they're doing.
Electioninterferecegate, Russiagate, Danielsgate, this gate and that gate.

Meanwhile, down in DC......

In our educational system of consumerism, where the teacher tells and the students write it all down, we have lost the art of the deal. The art of critical thinking.
Social media (this is one) suggests you say it in 140 characters and be gone with you.

grin

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 09:09 PM

For someone not concerned you seem to contribute an awful lot of comments related to the USA and the our politics.

[/quote]

I comment on all the Canadian ones too,you duffus-this is an American site full of americans,what do you think I would be commenting on.

Re: Tax returns - 10/01/20 09:31 PM

I comment on all the Canadian ones too,you duffus-this is an American site full of americans,what do you think I would be commenting on.[/quote]

If Biden wins can you mail me .22 ammo?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums