Home

Rubber Winter Boots? Kamik boots any good?

Posted By: TrappingGus

Rubber Winter Boots? Kamik boots any good? - 09/28/20 05:37 AM

Has anyone used the full rubber Kamik Men's Icebreaker Insulated Boot? I was looking at insulated rubber boots and Kamik popped up. Im not familiar with the company. I have used Mucks and the Cabelas rubber boots for the past few yours.

Mainly looking for a comfortable full rubber boot.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Rubber Winter Boots? Kamik boots any good? - 09/28/20 05:44 AM

I just buy a couple pair of cheap winter rubbers at Canadian Tire store-they are about $40 bucks a pair and last a couple years.When it gets real cold( 40 below) if I go out ,I wear my baffin oarpreens.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Rubber Winter Boots? Kamik boots any good? - 09/28/20 05:50 AM

Yes I have been using them for a many years now. I like them. Waterproof and warm down to about -30

You need to add a bottom insole, also don't forget to take them out every night to dry.

Made in Canada shocked

Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Rubber Winter Boots? Kamik boots any good? - 09/28/20 10:27 AM

Baffins
Posted By: Co�s

Re: Rubber Winter Boots? Kamik boots any good? - 09/28/20 11:21 AM

Kamik icebreakers have been my go to ice fishing boot for years, on my second pair now. Got 4-5 years before the rubber starts to crack. Storing them better could help. I’ve never had cold feet in them, even well below 0 and they’re lighter than hiking boots. If you’re doing a lot of waking in tough terrain, they don’t have a lot of support (I wear lacrosse rubbers for that), but for fishing, snow blowing, etc they work great for the price.
Posted By: Hutchy

Re: Rubber Winter Boots? Kamik boots any good? - 09/28/20 11:26 AM

Regular green kamiks are the gold standard here for tough everyday use winter footwear. Their soft rubber tread is the best non cleated boot I have found.

You will get about two years out of them as stated. They aren't fancy but also don't cost a lot.

I have other boots for extreme cold.

The removable liners are great for drying each night. I have been wearing them in winter since I could stand.
Posted By: gwm

Re: Rubber Winter Boots? Kamik boots any good? - 09/28/20 01:00 PM

Check out the Baffin Trappers. I am on my second pair as I wore the first pair out. Extremely comfortable and I wear them for everything from bowhunting to snowmobiling. Even got my 12 year old daughter a pair and she loves her pair.
Posted By: TrappingGus

Re: Rubber Winter Boots? Kamik boots any good? - 09/28/20 09:25 PM

Awesome thank you for the input.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums