Home

I MISS Football, sorry!

Posted By: Yukon John

I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 01:47 AM

...still not watching, I wish they actually knew this...cause it hurts me WAY more than it does them!
Posted By: obaro

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 01:51 AM

We finally get Monday Night Football on a channel I have here in the sticks, but I ain't watching that buncha kneelers either. The local high school is 3-1 right now and looks like they got a good shot at making a decent playoff run this season, though. They are playing Smith Center Friday so I'll make the road trip and get my football fix there.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 01:52 AM

Missing out the Chiefs and Mahomes are putting on a show. smile I haven't seen anything BLM yet, tuned in just after kickoff.
Posted By: Garryowen

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 01:55 AM

Not me. I started not watching when Kaepernick started taking a knee. Then they started not showing it. So, after awhile I started watching again. This time I'm done. I have plenty of things to do and I don't miss it one bit.

Garryowen
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 01:56 AM

Saw the National Anthems played for the Stanley Cup...every person was standing.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 02:26 AM

I sure enjoy spending more time in the outdoors than watching sports on the tube anymore.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Missing out the Chiefs and Mahomes are putting on a show. smile I haven't seen anything BLM yet, tuned in just after kickoff.

I made a decision after the "black national anthem" nonsense, that they are promoting a racist, terroristic group; that I can no longer support! Wish them well, but they will have to do it without me! (Hurting badly!)
Posted By: corky

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Yukon John
...still not watching, I wish they actually knew this...cause it hurts me WAY more than it does them!

Same feelings here and not watching for the same reasons.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 02:45 AM

Ratings for week 4 were down 11% and it should be 70%. The NFL pledged to donate 250 million over the next ten years to stop systemic racism. They are saying that all are part of the system and all whites are racists. I'm not supporting any organization that calls me a racist.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 02:50 AM

Like quittin chewin, first week was rough, now i just dont have a taste for it anymore. I actually tried to watch a little last week, but went and mowed the yard.

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 02:50 AM

I'm not supporting them either, just watching a football game occasionally on TV.
Posted By: keystone

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 02:55 AM

What gets my goat about any professional sport nowadays is not only the kneeling and political nonsense but when we were kids alot of us idolized certain players. Now kids can’t even do that without getting there heads filled with all the liberal bull crap these idiots are pushing. Shouldn’t be like that!
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 03:07 AM

Now the NFL wants you to vote.......LOL.....vote for who ? I’ve been watching football ...when Joe Willy Nameth was playing....and NEVAH seen a get out and vote commerical....They are desperate.....
Posted By: red mt

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 03:49 AM

MAN UP RESIST lol
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 04:18 AM

I'm with ya. I'm not watching either but Thanksgiving sure won't be the same this year.
Posted By: Catpincher

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 04:29 AM

I used to like MLB Been to a number of stadiums around the country to Watch it live. No more I have so many other things I enjoy more.

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 04:33 AM

Thanksgiving is going to be tough, but if you watch you are condoning their behavior. Lack of ratings will kill them.
Posted By: James

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 05:10 AM

I'll watch football the same as always. The players' personal social, political, or moral views don't threaten me.

The season will go on without your viewership.

Jim
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 05:22 AM

Anything on TV is for when you've got nothing better to do. For most of the year I've got something better to do.

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 05:23 AM

They don't threaten me either, but they threaten the country.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 06:43 AM

I thought I would miss it more than I do, guess not.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 07:37 AM

I wont support the communist coup to take over of America. I should watch one game to see what advertisers I will boycott as well.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 09:44 AM

not missing it at all , thought i would , but not !!!! smile
Posted By: hippie

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 10:18 AM

First in years I haven't watched and don't plan on it. If they want to support the deal that's going on, they can pound sand.
Same with college.
Posted By: Cooncreek II

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 10:20 AM

I watched some because I like football. I did notice several players had mouth pieces with big rings on them, looked like a baby pacifier. Very fitting
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 10:33 AM

It takes some getting used to when you quit something you used to enjoy.

I'm lucky in that I was never into pro sports. I'd watch the occasion Superbowl but that was about it. I do enjoy high-level MMA but since I dropped the "sports package" with my cable provider I don't get to see it anymore.

If you try a little, I think you'll realize that's it's not hard to find something else just as enjoyable to waste your time on. laugh
Posted By: woodchuck

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Saw the National Anthems played for the Stanley Cup...every person was standing.

Saw that thru both anthems. Am curious though at the presentation of the trophy if it's common as they said TB had requested doing something different and there were alot of people kneling. Maybe just for a "group" picture?? Don't watch hockey much but right now hockey and golf are only sports watching. Don't know about what happens in tennis...
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 01:12 PM

I don’t even want to know their names.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Ratings for week 4 were down 11% and it should be 70%. The NFL pledged to donate 250 million over the next ten years to stop systemic racism. They are saying that all are part of the system and all whites are racists. I'm not supporting any organization that calls me a racist.

Um.... Week 3 just ended.

Fake news
Posted By: LDW

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 02:23 PM

Don't watch much NFL, but sure do miss college football. I will be watching our Huskers when they get started. Going to take some beatings, but I'm still a fan. That's if they can keep the Covid away.

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 02:42 PM

Well, at least I proved I don't watch, don't even know which week it's in. That being said, everyone that watches should be ashamed of themselves. If they donated to Peta packer fans would say " Aaron Rodgers fishes so it's Ok". Wake up.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

I made a decision after the "black national anthem" nonsense, that they are promoting a racist, terroristic group; that I can no longer support! Wish them well, but they will have to do it without me! (Hurting badly!)

I agree and haven't watched any NFL games, baseball, basketball, or hockey.
I heard the Vikings are 0-3 so far. That makes it easy to not watch them.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/29/20 03:42 PM

Not watching.
NFL gets worse every week.
Posted By: James

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/30/20 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by LDW
Don't watch much NFL, but sure do miss college football. I will be watching our Huskers when they get started. Going to take some beatings, but I'm still a fan. That's if they can keep the Covid away.

And your team's opener is against Ohio State.

I miss college football.

Jim
Posted By: bblwi

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/30/20 12:41 PM

With hockey being over. (was pushing for TB and they won), I will watch a bit more football until the trapping season gets rolling. Always been a baseball fan but it just got harder to get into too much this season. Now we have this huge playoff season just started. We have teams with losing records playing in the playoffs and the Brewers are one of those teams. We play the Dodgers which is a tough draw for sure.

Bryce
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/30/20 03:16 PM

Wont watch any pro sports any more, every time I see a Veteran with limbs missing I think of these entitled non essential game players kneeling honoring domestic terrorist
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/30/20 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by coyote addict
Wont watch any pro sports any more, every time I see a Veteran with limbs missing I think of these entitled non essential game players kneeling honoring domestic terrorist

Good point.

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/30/20 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
With hockey being over. (was pushing for TB and they won), I will watch a bit more football until the trapping season gets rolling. Always been a baseball fan but it just got harder to get into too much this season. Now we have this huge playoff season just started. We have teams with losing records playing in the playoffs and the Brewers are one of those teams. We play the Dodgers which is a tough draw for sure.

Bryce

I wouldn't watch either if I were a Brewers fan. [Linked Image]
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/30/20 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut

It takes some getting used to when you quit something you used to enjoy.

I'm lucky in that I was never into pro sports. I'd watch the occasion Superbowl but that was about it. I do enjoy high-level MMA but since I dropped the "sports package" with my cable provider I don't get to see it anymore.

If you try a little, I think you'll realize that's it's not hard to find something else just as enjoyable to waste your time on. laugh

Yep I think for Thanksgiving I may go hunting for a few hours in the morning before I start making dinner, then after dinner, my parents an us can just sit around and play a card or board game or something. Thanksgiving should be more about spending time with family than being glued to the TV anyways.
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/30/20 06:29 PM

Agree , Family time is always better than time spent with the tv . I too will deer hunt in the morning come home and help my wife make the Thanksgiving meal and enjoy it with family and friends .
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/30/20 06:46 PM

i agree with both the above posts. When my kids still lived at home we had a sit-down, family dinner every night. Electronics of any sort were not allowed including TV. We played a game called Best/Worst where each person in turn would talk about the one best and one worst thing that happened to Them that day. the game always led to a variety of discussions on a variety of topics. i miss that.

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/30/20 07:09 PM

Crazy. And I enjoy watching a few ballgames with my family.
Posted By: LDW

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/30/20 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by LDW

And your team's opener is against Ohio State.

I miss college football.

Jim

Yep, probably one of the beatings I was talking about.
Posted By: bass10

Re: I MISS Football, sorry! - 09/30/20 09:42 PM

Well I love football, high school, college, pro. I didn’t think I’d ever change regardless but this year is different, I have no desire and actually get sick to my stomach when my wife has it on. Just American to rake some leaves and grab a beer and watch nfl. Loved the Packers as my grandpa got me hooked on them, I live and hour from Cleveland so no sane person could follow them. Really don’t miss it as much as I thought, too many other hobbies and the commercials were brutal to sit through anyway.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums