Home

covid - 19

Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

covid - 19 - 09/29/20 10:46 AM

it really getting bad hear now , I believe it because ,of all the kids coming from out of the area for collage , we went from just a few to over 300 ,in a couple week . we are a county of 60 thousand, an other rule county [area] getting hit
Posted By: marathonman

Re: covid - 19 - 09/29/20 11:19 AM

happened in my county too 2 weeks ago...lots of positive very few hospitalized.....quite a few with no symptons life goes on
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: covid - 19 - 09/29/20 11:26 AM

quite a few positives here too but nobody is dying
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: covid - 19 - 09/29/20 12:13 PM

They say it may be mutating and getting more easily transmitted and at the same time is becoming way less deadly. We should see way less sickness over all if cleaning, washing hands and wearing a mask work. After all I would think as clean as everything is now there will be less flu as well. LLL

Less people dying in nursing homes now that they stopped housing sick individuals in nursing homes. (dems) LLL
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: covid - 19 - 09/30/20 09:37 AM

twice as many death here in a week ,still only 32 , it got in to nursing home , and collage an school , todays count 482 positive cased
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: covid - 19 - 09/30/20 10:50 AM

22% positive rate for the state of WI. The four Green Bay hospitals are treating Covid patients in the hallways.
Posted By: marathonman

Re: covid - 19 - 09/30/20 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Green Bay
22% positive rate for the state of WI. The four Green Bay hospitals are treating Covid patients in the hallways.

I don't believe that.If it was 22% the national left wing media would make it a headline story

Re: covid - 19 - 09/30/20 11:33 AM

Here is the link if you don't believe it: https://www.wbay.com/2020/09/29/coronavirus-surge-22-of-tests-positive-death-toll-reaches-1300/
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper
They say it may be mutating and getting more easily transmitted and at the same time is becoming way less deadly. We should see way less sickness over all if cleaning, washing hands and wearing a mask work. After all I would think as clean as everything is now there will be less flu as well. LLL

Less people dying in nursing homes now that they stopped housing sick individuals in nursing homes. (dems) LLL

Very true about the Nursing homes!!!
Posted By: BruceDafter

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 12:58 AM

It sure is spiking over on the western side. Delta, Menominee, marquette, houghton counties all seeing a big bump lately. Here in the east end it's not climbing quite as quick. My parents are scheduled to take their camper to Esky to have some work done on it next week. I said if your done camping for the season, why not wait until spring? Stay safe over there.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 01:02 AM

We've had 444 here with 14 deaths.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 01:06 AM

That's 22% of tests. So 78% of the people who think they have it, don't. Because who gets tested other than people who think they have it....
Posted By: Dirt

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

That's 22% of tests. So 78% of the people who think they have it, don't. Because who gets tested other than people who think they have it....

I believe there is a lot of mandated testing now. Been mandated testing here for months.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
twice as many death here in a week ,still only 32 , it got in to nursing home , and collage an school , todays count 482 positive cased

So, I read the article you posted. Nowhere did it say they were treating patients in the hallways. It did mention that one hospital had 15% of their beds available and one said they had 26% available. Maybe, I missed something?

Edit, I meant to respond to Green Bay...
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 02:01 AM

The CDC also says you can test positive for the virus for up to 90 days after being infected, even if you no longer have any symptoms.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

I was tested, had o go to the hospital for a bad infection. My son was tested as well, he went to the Dr for strep throat. We neither wanted tested nor did we think we had covid but its mandatory here.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 02:23 AM

Anyone in our area needing or having an elective procedure needs to be tested. My wife had a test for her elective procedure. Also if you have come into contact with a positive test then you need to get tested as well. We had that situation with a church member. We were all moving an organ, but we all wore masks so none of us tested positive.

Bryce

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 02:28 AM

I know three different people that have tested positive. In each case some in the family got it and some never did at all. They all were tested. There is a higher percentage of people that are not able tpo be infected without ever having China19. Really strange virus for sure. It does not effect one person and the next one has to fight for their life. LLL
Posted By: AJE

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren

So, I read the article you posted. Nowhere did it say they were treating patients in the hallways. It did mention that one hospital had 15% of their beds available and one said they had 26% available. Maybe, I missed something?

Edit, I meant to respond to Green Bay...

Green Bay is not exaggerating

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox11o...ling-wisconsin-hospitals-as-virus-surges
Posted By: waggler

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 04:07 AM

Last year I got the regular flu that was going around; it wiped me out, I can see why old people die from the flu.
This year (last week of August) I got covid. Not nearly as bad as the flu, and I've had colds that were worse.
It was different though, you could feel it creeping through your body effecting different things. Worst part was lack of energy, and food tasted terrible.
Dr. said it was "way over hyped", he said to me "you've never smoked, you have absolutely nothing to worry about". I now know 14 people who've had it since September, not that big of deal.
You notice that most of the deaths are in nursing homes; that's not old folks homes, or retirement homes, it's where people are bed ridden and on their backs.

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 10:56 AM

"For the first time in 17 years that I've been here, we've had to put patients in hallway beds," Casey told CNN's Erin Burnett. https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/30/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

I know six people who are currently positive. One of them has now been in the hospital for 13 days. The others have mild to moderate symptoms.

Not fighting with anyone just reporting what is happening in the Green Bay area.

Brian

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 11:57 AM

If I was an administrator of a hospital I would want my hospital full. Most businesses have a goal of having 100% occupancy. I believe that we would have been through this if we had not shut down and locked down everything. If they lock you all down again there will be more deaths by drug abuse and suicide than by covid. All it does is slow things down and draw it out longer. Hiding will not get us through this. Living through it will. LLL
Posted By: Kart29

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 12:16 PM

There was an article in the local paper here a few weeks ago, saying how the county coroner's office case load has doubled since last year. The reason is not COVID-19 deaths, but an enormous rise in the number of people who are dying at home without seeking medical attention by calling an ambulance or going to the hospital when they need to.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: covid - 19 - 10/01/20 01:11 PM

What I think is that when it first broke out and they (not sure who they is) shut the country down , a lot of places didn't even have any cases and everyone quit going to to the doctor and virtually shut the hospitals down for no need. And now here it is raging and everyone acts as if its full speed ahead. Its hard to operate right with one size fits all.

But on the other hand what difference does any type of prevention make when people are going to do what they want anyway?

Re: covid - 19 - 10/02/20 03:56 AM

A lot of good posts.

Too bad there isn't a simple solution.

Green Bay- with the way things are in your county, I doubt we'll be seeing fans at Lambeau anytime soon

Re: covid - 19 - 10/05/20 06:20 AM

https://www.weau.com/2020/10/03/250...to-elected-officials-we-are-overwhelmed/
Posted By: white marlin

Re: covid - 19 - 10/05/20 09:51 AM

"The list of doctors joining the letter includes emergency room doctors, surgeons, oncologists, family practitioners, radiologists, rheumatologists, anesthesiologists, pathologists and psychiatrists".

so why would COVID overwhelm surgeons, oncologists & rheumatologists?

political?

(the others, I can see the relationship).

Re: covid - 19 - 10/11/20 12:41 AM

It's gotten no better in the past week

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wisconsi...ics-is-partially-to-blame-143650745.html
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: covid - 19 - 10/11/20 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by AJE

Did you expect it to just go POOF and disappear in a week? It won't get better for a while. That article is dowsed in politics as is the majority of this situation. Our hospitals are full too...I've had to call up to four hospitals a night for a transfer. The majority of people with Covid still aren't falling over dead.

Re: covid - 19 - 10/11/20 01:09 AM

It's too bad it got politicized.

Trapping should be a great way to socially distance this winter.
Posted By: Boco

Re: covid - 19 - 10/11/20 01:14 AM

According to the epidemiologists around the world, deaths from covid will surge in November and December-and all their predictions have been spot on so far.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: covid - 19 - 10/11/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
According to the epidemiologists deaths from covid will surge in November and December-and all their predictions have been spot on so far.

Influenza season is just around the corner Boco.

The thing I think this Covid-19 has at least done is shined some light on mankind that we aren't invisible. People die from viruses every year. They tend to really get started in the fall. It would make sense to "predict" an increase in cases at this time of the year. We tend to stay borderline busy over the summer and then we are ran ragged every fall. That's just how healthcare works as long as I've been doing it. The general public just never notices because it's not usually plastered across every news station in the country every year.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums