Home

Wife considering a job!

Posted By: Pawnee

Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 03:39 AM

My wife (The Princess) was ask to take over 7-9 grade mathematics classes at our school. Algebra 1, Geometry, consumer math, and 7-8 grade science class. The boys and I have a few questions before she commits.

1)Me: Who will be be bringing me my lunch at 12pm sharp when I’m on the tractor!

2) Middle son : (He’s a senior) wants to know if she will be requiring homework turned in on time! That by the way is a deal killer grin

3) She: Ask that we help out more around here if she takes the job. I told her I make sure my socks are turned right side out every night and can’t possibly see what else I can do.

Not sure what to think. Advice will be greatly appreciated

On the serious side. She has spent many years raising us and is excited about the opportunity. Good things happen to great women!!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 03:47 AM

Don't do more than the Socks.

Get a French maid.

One that cooks. Cleans and does other necessities.

Good Luck! wink
Posted By: waggler

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 04:20 AM

I've heard it said:
"It's a lazy trapper who can't find his wife a good job".
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 10:44 AM

got my wife working 50 hours a week right now

socks are how they come out of the dryer this is really nothing new

I make the coffee

she leaves for work at 05:15
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 10:48 AM

Family insurance would be a benefit! And in the summer when she's off, she can still bring you lunch.
I enjoyed Algebra 1 so much I took it two years!!! Never figured out why X and Z is necessary in math.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
I've heard it said:

This wins

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 10:57 AM

"He's a go-getter...........his wife walks to work in the morning and after work he'll go get'er."
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 11:13 AM

I've heard it said:

Or a second one
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by the Blak Spot
I've heard it said:

Or a second one

Not a Second wife though

Just to be clear
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 12:46 PM

I enjoyed Algebra 1 so much I took it two years!!! Never figured out why X and Z is necessary in math.[/quote]
X2

PS-found out the second time!!!
Posted By: run

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 01:05 PM

Algreba is interesting.
Posted By: bobsheedy

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pawnee
She has spent many years raising us and is excited about the opportunity. Good things happen to great women!!

Good for her. Congratulations.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 01:18 PM

Sounds like she’s needs a break from you.........
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 01:24 PM

She is so lucky to have you guys I hope she realizes that. I would be asking what percentage of this new revenue source she plans on you spending on hunting and fishing gear b4 I agreed to anything bud.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River
I've heard it said:

This wins

I thought it was Who can't find his wife a second job.

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by grapestomper

it is but when you have her working 50 hours a week , she needs some time to cook and clean fish.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

it is but when you have her working 50 hours a week , she needs some time to cook and clean fish.

And put up fur.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 01:49 PM

I taught 5-6th graders in a public school for 3 months as a fill in. That was in the late 90's. Dont think i could pull it off again with the way kids are raised today.

You learn algebra for the soul purpose of helping your kids when they have to learn it. It's a perpetual cycle.

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by the Blak Spot
I taught 5-6th graders in a public school for 3 months as a fill in. That was in the late 90's. Dont think i could pull it off again with the way kids are raised today.

You learn algebra for the soul purpose of helping your kids when they have to learn it. It's a perpetual cycle.

man and here I thought I learned it to find the voltage drop after a resistor. or to find a missing value

trig and Geometry is where the real useful stuff is but you need some algebra to work it.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

And carry her end of the canoe when needed.

Not my quote, but I've used it about a million times: "It's a lazy MAN that can't find his wife a second job!"
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 02:44 PM

First time I ever saw that quote was on Trapperman about 20 years ago! Someone had it in his signature line. I have used it hundreds of times since then.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
First time I ever saw that quote was on Trapperman about 20 years ago! Someone had it in his signature line. I have used it hundreds of times since then.

Moosetrot

It was 2poor who had it in his signature.

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Sounds like she’s needs a break from you.........

Needed and deserved...

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
She is so lucky to have you guys I hope she realizes that. I would be asking what percentage of this new revenue source she plans on you spending on hunting and fishing gear b4 I agreed to anything bud.

We briefly discussed this last night. I explained guys like me at tuff to come by and she should consider donating to my hunting and trapping fund. Like I said it was brief eek
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 05:23 PM

LMBO @ Brief I bet it was
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/01/20 08:01 PM

Let her go to work if she wants to. The rest will take care of itself. Maybe not quickly or easily but it will.

Bryce

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/02/20 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by run
Algreba is interesting.

and spelling as well...
Posted By: Osky

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/02/20 12:41 PM

First of all don’t lower your standards Pawnee. If your wife is smart enough to teach upper mathematics she is certainly smart enough to have ready and deliver your lunch in the field every day as she has in the past. Schools allow people lunch breaks no? Perfect learning window for her to get a little click in her heals and hustle in her bustle! Don’t let her down on enforcing this.

Something just as big is encouraging her to get out of bed a couple hours early each day so she’s prepared for her winter driveway shoveling. She should learn to tackle that before leaving for work. Nights with no snow she can get a jump on lunch prep! If your smart encourage her working on early warm breakfasts for you before the trap line run or hunting foray your planning that morning! Being first out of bed she gets the bonus of the first
long hot shower. You’ll have to concede that to her, but again don’t let her doddle. Oh and have her start the vehicles as long as she’s up, a warm outfit is a happy outfit.

I see a lot of character building for her in the future with her new job but only if you do your part! Stay strong, she needs you thru this.

We’re pulling for ya.
Osky
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Wife considering a job! - 10/02/20 01:34 PM

© 2024 Trapperman Forums